D’angelo Russell opens up about his time with Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

jjangx27 wrote:
Zo
DLo
BI
Kuz
Julius

Not a winner but our team right now isn't one neither.

Not saying I'd prefer that team but it makes you wonder what they could've grown into

Replace Kuz with LBJ.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
levon wrote:

If 20 shots to get 21 points and 6 careless turnovers is the big middle finger, I'd hate to see his little middle finger. DLo is just how I remember him.

No doubt, and how you will always remember him. Bias is real, critical thinking need not apply. But great job of working your ass off in this thread to squelch any positive comments regarding DLO.

Dude with 130k posts of contrarian negativity talking about me working hard to put someone down?

The kid had slight improvements across the board and was a replacement all-star in the lowly East. I'm telling it like it is. The nominal "all-star" crap is overhyping a player with a low ceiling, which is what I saw from him when he was on the Lakers too, while still being upset we let him go. He almost chucked away and turned-over his way to a loss against the tanking Lakers. Until he starts to care about driving, getting fouls, and finishing through contact, he's a high volume PnR spammer.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
levon wrote:

If 20 shots to get 21 points and 6 careless turnovers is the big middle finger, I'd hate to see his little middle finger. DLo is just how I remember him.

No doubt, and how you will always remember him. Bias is real, critical thinking need not apply. But great job of working your ass off in this thread to squelch any positive comments regarding DLO.

Dude with 130k posts of contrarian negativity talking about me working hard to put someone down?

The kid had slight improvements across the board and was a replacement all-star in the lowly East. I'm telling it like it is. The nominal "all-star" crap is overhyping a player with a low ceiling, which is what I saw from him when he was on the Lakers too, while still being upset we let him go. He almost chucked away and turned-over his way to a loss against the tanking Lakers. Until he starts to care about driving, getting fouls, and finishing through contact, he's a high volume PnR spammer.

And he's 22 and right on schedule to be a perennial All-Star.

Players age 22 or younger with 20 pts, and 6 assists

2nd highest 3pt % on that list.
Vancouver Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't bother.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:
Damn...I can't believe I missed the game tonight... I couldn't see around DLO's big middle finger to Magic.... as he sends the Lakers to the lottery and ends our season.

Magic is a clown as a GM.

You're really on a Lakers forum celebrating a non Laker while trashing the organization?

No mention of the 13 assists? Or numerous hockey assists after the Lakers had to change their pick & roll coverage to hedge higher on him, creating a 4-on-3 everywhere else?
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
levon wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
M2K wrote:
Damn...I can't believe I missed the game tonight... I couldn't see around DLO's big middle finger to Magic.... as he sends the Lakers to the lottery and ends our season.

Magic is a clown as a GM.

You're really on a Lakers forum celebrating a non Laker while trashing the organization?

No mention of the 13 assists? Or numerous hockey assists after the Lakers had to change their pick & roll coverage to hedge higher on him, creating a 4-on-3 everywhere else?

Biggest difference compared to his first 3 years. Those skips passes to the corner 3s were LeBron-esque.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:33 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:

And he's got a 4% lower TS than Devin Booker, who's also on that list. Do you consider Devin Booker a perennial all-star too?

Should I back out of this predictable FO bashing thread? They did what they had to do to clear up 2 maxes. They expected PG and hopefully Lebron. They got one and have a chance this summer again. If they can't land a second star, then trading DLo was premature and a mistake.

But that can be true, and it can also be true that DLo has a low ceiling and is being overrated here to drive a Piss and Moan narrative.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

And this is coming from one of DLo's biggest supporters back in the day. That thread was a (bleep) nightmare.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:

The assists were impressive. He knows how to run an offense steadily, like a vet. He used to do in on the Lakers too.

I'm responding to this tiring sentiment that Russell's hit some kind of inflection point this season, and is now having these crazy statement games against the Lakers. It's far too dramatic in my view. I don't think my view takes away from Russell's play at all.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
LakerLogic wrote:

And he's got a 4% lower TS than Devin Booker, who's also on that list. Do you consider Devin Booker a perennial all-star too?

Should I back out of this predictable FO bashing thread? They did what they had to do to clear up 2 maxes. They expected PG and hopefully Lebron. They got one and have a chance this summer again. If they can't land a second star, then trading DLo was premature and a mistake.

But that can be true, and it can also be true that DLo has a low ceiling and is being overrated here to drive a Piss and Moan narrative.

He is way ahead of where Kemba is at the same age and whom the Lakers would be lucky to sign this summer. They traded DLo thinking they would get PG, they didn't. They failed. Goal posts were shifted to this summer. Let's see what happens but they they sold low on an asset and continue to make irresponsible moves.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

So if Zo plays a full season next year, what will the complaint be then?
Let me guess- Dlo's Defense is respectable but Zo's offense is so bad so advantage, Dlo.
(What if some of us think Zo is the best backcourt defender in the league?)
Now, Is Dlo the best backcourt passer or scorer in the league?
Absolutely not

Should we have kept both?
Probably.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

LakerLogic wrote:
He is way ahead of where Kemba is at the same age and whom the Lakers would be lucky to sign this summer. They traded DLo thinking they would get PG, they didn't. They failed. Goal posts were shifted to this summer. Let's see what happens but they they sold low on an asset and continue to make irresponsible moves.

I'd be disappointed with Kemba, because they need someone with the potential to be the #1 to Lebron's #2, like a Durant or a Kawhi. I agree that Kemba would be a failure.

And there's a difference between trading DLo thinking they would get PG and trading him with the possibility to get two stars at once. It was like a cobra standing up and opening its hood. They could've signed Paul George without trading Russell, but not Lebron and Paul George. Coupled with the attitude problems and their atrocious cap situation, it's something they opted to do. We can go back and forth whether or not it was the optimal strategy, but it can only be validated after this summer and has been discussed ad nauseum.

I also disagree that goalposts were shifted. I think the incredible 2019 FA market was part of the calculus for trading Russell. They've maintained the goal is 2 stars--it doesn't matter how-- and they've behaved that way.
BlackStarMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

its enough HES GONE, let it go. ITS BEEN TWO FREAKING YEARS
TIME TO MOVE ON

Hes not coming back
neither is Julius, Lance, Clarkson, Zubac, Byrant (Thomas)

Neither is Trevor Ariza, Van Exel, Eddie Jones, Shaq, Bynum (for me)

players get traded, leave for free agency. You gotta move on, especially after 2 years

the reason he gets talked so much is hes having a good year.
Last year it was silent. once lakers start winning again, he will be forgotten so quickly.
eddiejonze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:55 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
TIME TO MOVE ON

Hes not coming back

players get traded, leave for free agency. You gotta move on, especially after 2 years

Last year it was silent. once lakers start winning again, he will be forgotten so quickly.

AMEN!
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:03 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
BlackStarMamba wrote:
TIME TO MOVE ON

Hes not coming back

AMEN!

King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

This makes you think how good will Zo be in 2 years.? Can’t wait.
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

I was a Russell fan until he showed me his character... Then I was done.

I was 100% in favor of trading him ONLY because it was supposed to be the ONLY way to land two superstars.

With that said... If Russell was still a Laker, I'd still be willing to trade him. He's having a great year on a team that has struggled with injuries. So Russell has taken advantage of the opportunity. This is however more than what he did as a Laker.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

eddiejonze wrote:
So if Zo plays a full season next year, what will the complaint be then?
Let me guess- Dlo's Defense is respectable but Zo's offense is so bad so advantage, Dlo.
(What if some of us think Zo is the best backcourt defender in the league?)
Now, Is Dlo the best backcourt passer or scorer in the league?
Absolutely not

Should we have kept both?
Probably.

No complaints if Zo plays 74-75 games. Once Magic took over we were never keeping DLO, he had Byron in his ear.
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

BlackStarMamba wrote:
TIME TO MOVE ON

Hes not coming back

We can sign Ariza this summer but only for a good price if we decide to
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:57 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
levon wrote:

lol Talking about someone being a contrarian when every fact from box score stats, to advanced stats, to talking head and current players' comments being in opposition to what you're arguing. That's rich.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:08 pm    Post subject:

DLo got shafted...

Kemba team is not even making the playoffs and Dipo only played 36 games this season

Should of been an easy choice for the east.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Love this kid. He obviously isnt the greatest or anything, but a solid player in the future barring injury.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:38 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
This makes you think how good will Zo be in 2 years.? Can’t wait.

He better be, he also is slightly older then DLO in that time frame, so again, he better be.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:32 pm    Post subject:

I'm glad for him it worked out, interesting to see if the Nets give him a big payday or he goes elsewhere. I wonder if Kyrie leaves Boston, if DLO would get offered $20 million to play for the Celtics?

That could be really, really nasty for us for years to come.

The ship has sailed, I don't want to rehash it. apparently a lot of the stuff that DLO did, he didn't(and I really didn't hear about it to maybe a month ago).

I wish it would have been Randle we sent out, or maybe BI, I don't know. DLO could shoot, and I like shooters. But its done, wish him well, hopefully we strike gold this offseason.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

VujacicForThree wrote:
splashmtn wrote:
VujacicForThree wrote:
Politically correct answer. He also said that the trade was the best thing to ever happen to him. You know getting away from this cancer environment.

AFireInside619 wrote:
Grown man bars...

Trading a young asset way too early is something we have to deal with.
we didnt trade him too early. we traded him because he didnt show us he was a superstar in the making. right now he looks like an ecf allstar. thats very good. but that aint great. we were looking for greatness. we saw it in him but he didnt want to work greatness hard. at least not yet. thats not on the lakers. thats on him. glad he's balling. is he playing very good defense? probably not. so you have yet another pg thats putting up points. thats almost every pg in the nba nowadays. except for ours. zo plays defense and doesnt put up points like that. but yet he may actually be as valuable or even moreso to the lakers than dlo is to the nets. if you talk about injuries. it is what it is. availability is the best ... ability. but dont forget, dlo was hurt alot to. just not as much. had a knee issue early in his career. thats also very scary as a franchise to put your hopes in a kid that already is having knee problems.

Maybe we didn't have the proper personnel to develop him? Almost every young player that leaves here has flourished elsewhere.
have you ever thought, that they showed the same signs while here. but its an attitude thing. if you're getting to practice 15mins early instead of 2 hours early, you aint a superstar nor an allstar. thats what bscott was mad at him about. remember for all the hate that scott got. HE wanted DLO. he saw the qualities in him. Scott would know. he's played with magic, coached cp3, kyrie, jkidd. he knows what it looks like. he saw it, then he saw the not so superstarish work ethic. that was the problem. not his game. on top of that similar to zo. he had a injury issue that made you wonder. i'm glad dlo is balling for the nets. never was any hate from me. but i also knew it may have been best for him to go some where with zero pressure to grow up quickly. That aint the case for L.A. there's a reason why kobe was a perfect fit. He was insane about his love for the game. the man loved practice more than he loved the actual games. his own words. that tells you, you dont have to tell him to come in early. he will already be there. This is the difference between a superstar and a solid player. you cant just act like it. you have to actually do it. maybe now that dlo is a bit older and found out quickly that you cant bs around in this league. that it lit a fire under him. either or or both. maybe he would've never panned out like this here due to too much pressure to be the man. there is a real thing that a lot of players like the lakers growing up but the reality sets in in real life. they dont want THIS pressure. its rough over here. look at you guys. you kill our players daily. love em, hate me, love em, hate em. love luke, now you hate em, love magic, now you hate em. a lot of yall were praying for jeanie to take over the reigns. now you want her to sell the team. its a super tough town when it comes to basketball. Only the strong will and can survive. everyone else will get eating alive here.

there's a reason we fell in love with hart. he was never expected to be great, same with kuz. they were super low picks. so anything they do above that is icing. but for the dlo's, BI's, and zo's. its a different world.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to: