Could Kemba Walker Fill the Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade Role Next to LeBron James?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
emplay
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:22 am    Post subject: Could Kemba Walker Fill the Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade Role Next to LeBron James?

Hey All,

Latest @BleacherReport Could Kemba Walker Fill the Kyrie Irving, Dwyane Wade Role Next to LeBron James?
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2826702-could-kemba-walker-fill-the-kyrie-irving-dwyane-wade-role-next-to-lebron-james

Cheers,

EP
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:27 am    Post subject:

You nailed it with the losing Kemba because we are focused on Kawhi/Klay/KD, but something tells me we will know rather those guys are coming well before FA starts so it will be easier to detect what FA is gonna be in our plans and then pursue from there.
RealSkipBayless
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

Yeah if it was prime Lebron it might work.

Unfortunately we have an MJ wizards Lebron that is more interested in stat chasing
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Quote:
To make room for Walker and his projected maximum salary (up to $32.7 million), the Lakers would need to renounce the rights to veterans like Mike Muscala, Lance Stephenson, Caldwell-Pope and Rondo.

Love this line. Easiest thing to do in a heartbeat.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:03 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:
To make room for Walker and his projected maximum salary (up to $32.7 million), the Lakers would need to renounce the rights to veterans like Mike Muscala, Lance Stephenson, Caldwell-Pope and Rondo.

defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Oh yea that Kemba LeBron defense still be impressive
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Oh yea that Kemba LeBron defense still be impressive

Surround them with very good defenders

FA such as Ariza or Danny Green or trades such as Joe Ingles, RoCo, Josh Richardson. For C a guy like Dedmon. Miracle trade would be AD obviously. Second one is Myles Turner

Lonzo is a very good defender who can play the 2 and guard better guard.

BI has a lot of potential and has had some good (and bad) moments

Kuzma is a bad defender (and bad shooter). He should be gone
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:08 pm    Post subject:

except Kemba is clearly no Kyrie or Wade
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

But... but... Muscala is a stretch 5!

waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Kemba would work, having a good scoring PG would take the pressure off of Ingram, and help him to thrive.
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:19 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
except Kemba is clearly no Kyrie or Wade
Kemba stays healthy, Kyrie does not (93 more games in the same number of years).
Wade is a different beast and at the time wasn't in his prime either.

Really people need to stop trying to replicate GSW or Cavs or Heat. Just get solid players, strong defenders, good shooters.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers need to understand they do NOT have the luxury of WAITING for these big name stars to play us!

On the first minute of Free agency, they need to contact: Kawhi Leonard, Irving, Durant, Thompson, and Walker with a MAX. Offer and tell them the clock is ticking and the FIRST guy to sign gets the deal!

No waiting on Durant and we lose out on Kawhi, no waiting on Irving, while he resigns with Boston, no waiting on Walker, well you get the idea.

Gotta tell their agents there is ONLY one MAX offer available and it has been extended out to five players and the first one to commit .. gets the deal!

Do it Mitch, err Magic...!
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:00 am    Post subject:

With Lonzo and Ingram anchoring the defense, Kemba fits.
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 9:55 am    Post subject:

If I look at that signing as producing next year's "best possible" main lineup of Kemba/LeBron/Ingram/Ball and Kuzma, I'm reluctant to endorse the move. A club with two players making over/near $60M between them (~ 37M + 22M) with no starting quality center, well, it seems a very modest interim step. Probably a better unit than we had this year (ouch !), if Ball and LeBron stay reasonably healthy, but there's still no defensive anchor and no one likely to shoot 3's over a 36% make rate.

Eeesh, it that the best the franchise can do this Summer ? Maybe.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

If we sign Kemba to a max deal, is it still possible to trade for AD? We wouldn't be able to get within 10% of his salary I think.

What does an AD trade look like if we sign a max player ($32.7m)?
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:35 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
If we sign Kemba to a max deal, is it still possible to trade for AD? We wouldn't be able to get within 10% of his salary I think.

its possible, we would most likely have to do a S&T for salaries to match. Zubac would have been the perfect candidate due to his low cap hold and him being a player the Pelicans would actually want to keep around. Reason #13 on why that Zubac trade was soooooo dumb.
DaKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

RealSkipBayless wrote:
Yeah if it was prime Lebron it might work.

Unfortunately we have an MJ wizards Lebron that is more interested in stat chasing
Forgive him for he does not know what he speaks. That comment is BS you don’t know crap bro.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 2:40 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
chekmatex4 wrote:

its possible, we would most likely have to do a S&T for salaries to match. Zubac would have been the perfect candidate due to his low cap hold and him being a player the Pelicans would actually want to keep around. Reason #13 on why that Zubac trade was soooooo dumb.
So is it not possible anymore without someone to do a sign and trade with? Looks like it's just Reggie Bullock that we can do a sign and trade with.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

chekmatex4 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
chekmatex4 wrote:

So is it not possible anymore without someone to do a sign and trade with? Looks like it's just Reggie Bullock that we can do a sign and trade with.

yes, or we have to wait until 2019 midseason (Dec 15th i believe) when you can trade the players you signed during the off season.
chekmatex4
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:11 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
chekmatex4 wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
chekmatex4 wrote:

yes, or we have to wait until 2019 midseason (Dec 15th i believe) when you can trade the players you signed during the off season.
Cool, that's what I thought but wanted to confirm. The article made it seem like we could do an AD trade after signing Kemba on a max but I didn't think it was possible with what he had (excluding sign and trade)

If we wanted to trade for AD and keep Bullocks bird rights. I think we would only have $25m to offer a free agent.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2019 3:13 am    Post subject:

If we get Kemba do we call him Kimba the white lion? UHF channel 52 calling!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

A backcourt of Kemba & Zo would be amazing.
GabKoost
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 11:47 am    Post subject:

I rather see Kyrie fitting the Kyrie role.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 5:26 pm    Post subject:

I think Kyrie is probably the better offensive choice, and maybe the known that KI can work well with Lebron in a pressure environment. Also very good at taking over in crunch time - sort of how the Kobe Shaq dynamic, where the last couple of minutes, Kobe was the closer.

Kemba is no offensive slouch, and maybe is a bit better of a defender and has had less injury problems than Kyrie. Also maybe Kemba being older is a little hungrier for success, and maybe more mature than some of the stuff Kyrie has said and done the past couple of years.

I'd be happy with either player, maybe an edge to Kyrie, if that makes Davis willing to come here the following season. Also if he denies the Celtics and comes here, its like Rick Fox 2.0, any chance to bleed the infidels...

Then I wonder if our big get is a guard, be it Kyrie, Kemba, KL, who gets phased or traded out? Say its Kyrie, do we keep Ball as the defensive SG or is BI? Is it Ball at SG, Ingram at SF, James at PF (which he doesn't like to play), and then Kuzma as the sixth man?
Wilkes52
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

I wonder if Kemba would even consider the Lakers among the most desirable next harbors. He's the ball-dominant, high shot attempt guy on his own mediocre club, albeit working with a less undistinguished roster. He would come here to fill the role that essentially make Kyrie run screaming in another direction.

I think that if he sees our best current player (LeBron) as still rather un-directable and as ball-dominant (i.e., a reasonable take) as in past years, then Magic would have o do something remarkable to convince Kemba that we're his best option. Is money and relocation to the media center enough otherwise ? I doubt it.

I think that a Wilt-like transformation of LeBron is needed to sell Kemba, and I mean the scale of change that Wilt embraced for new Laker coach Bill Sharman in Summer '71. If LeBron could buy into and sell the look (of himself as a primary defender and enabler of others, a teritiary role as scorer), we might land a guy like Kemba or Klay.

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: