ESPN: Chad Ford's trade suggestion: Lakers land Boozer & either Francis or Marbury
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:09 am    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
ford proves his complete ignorance once again. we wanted francis to try to get tmac.

Uh, who says we couldn't get T-Mac in a 4way? Just have SF diverted to HOU instead of LAL with LAL getting T-Mizzle...
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:27 am    Post subject:

So essentially NY trades Penny Hardaway for Lamar Odom? No way. We could've got Frances for expiring contracts and a draft pick or prospect. Orlando was giving him away. I would take Boozer and keep Odom for future trade bait.
K8KillerInstinct
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:42 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
So essentially NY trades Penny Hardaway for Lamar Odom? No way. We could've got Frances for expiring contracts and a draft pick or prospect. Orlando was giving him away. I would take Boozer and keep Odom for future trade bait.

Yup, I must agree. Lamar, Kobe, Boozer sounds like an intriguing combo to me.

LO will actually be more effective w/ Boozer and Kobe because Boozer will take some of the scoring pressure off Lamar so essentially LO becomes much better concentrating on dishing and rebounding and scoring to an extent.

The only prob is that we also badly need a PG, someone who could defend basically.

?? (some pg who could defend)
Kobe (30/5/4 at least)
LO (12/7/5)
Boozer (15/8/2)
Kwame(10/7)

That sounds pretty decent to me even with Kwame at C.
astrallionheart
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:06 am    Post subject:

critical_beatdown wrote:
Nash, Amare, and KG would be frightening. If this happens, Colangelo may as well just send the Suns to the Olympics. The team would be in a league of their own.

I mean, Phoenix already looks scary as good as they're playing without Amare...if he's healthy for the playoffs, they're going to blow creaky old San Antonio out of the water. Detroit too.

Still, we have our own scary lineup emerging if we add one more key piece and Bynum and Smush keep developing. We could end up with 4 quality scorers (one being the best in the NBA) in Kobe, Boozer, Smush, and Bynum, and have Mr. Lamar Odom as the x-man 5th man who greases all the wheels and delivers great looks. That team would be pretty f'in scary too if Bynum and Smush develop as they seem to be capable, and if we can land Boozer or another 4 like him. And we'd probably still have Kwame off the bench getting a little better each year.

Suns without Nash? ^^
jaydanasira
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:38 am    Post subject:

i like the trade Idea and i 'll tell you why

cause in his idea we keep mihm who has came up big for us this year and is a shot blocker as well as an offensive weapon. I am kind of torn about losing lamar but we get veteran depth with tyronn lue and the others
i think that francis and maurbary are more humble now after what thay have been thru this season. I think that strawberry has a killer instinct that we have been looking for. strawberry, Kobe, Boozer, Mihm, sounds good. Although I would be happy with just boozer but I don't want to give up mihm
karlmalonefan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:48 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
FredG wrote:
Yeah but is Amare really coming back? And will he ever be the same again? Chris Webber-like maybe.

From all I've heard, he has the same injury that has caused some other
players long-term problems, but its a far less damaging part of
that area of the knee.

It's still touch-and-go to guess, but I've heard alot of "experts" say that
Amare should be alot better off than most who've had the same surgery.

I heard on the radio the other day here in phx (they were wondering how close amare is) and they said that the suns are saying he's about a month away. They were saying they were watching him rehab before a suns game and he was doing his drills, etc. being very careful and whatever, and that at the end he just started doing a bunch of dunks...they didn't really know what to make of that...also the direct quote from amare was: next comes one on one, then five on five, then showtime...seems like he's doing well, and is right on schedule...although both he and the suns say that if he has any sort of setback or if anything doesn't feel right, he will stay out for the whole season...no one wants to risk his long term health for what remains of this season, with as well as the suns are doing...
theblackkurtrambis
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:50 am    Post subject: Horrible

Horrible, might as well wait for the Summer when the KG talks get hotter. Marbury and Boozer basically shuts the door for any 07' free agents too.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LA_Lakers_Rule
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:11 am    Post subject:

No to Marbury or Francis, Boozer, it depends upon what we have to give up, certainly not Odom.

Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. - Will Rogers ...
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

No to Marbury and Francis. Boozer I can understand and it might be worth it. But I don't think the Lakers should give up LO.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: