OFFICIAL Lakers Coaching Thread (Lue Negotiation Break Down)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146, 147  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Mini Mamba wrote:
If Brett Brown gets fired do you guys think we'd interview him?

I hope, but it sounds like Vogel is gonna be our guy.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:37 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
the thing about Vogel is Indiana did just as well with less talent when he left.....and Orlando significantly improved once he left with the same roster. Isn't that evidence that Vogel is probably not a very good head coach?

He isn't. But the team has lowered the bar so far below the Earth's surface that fan expectations have gone with it. The amount of people talking themselves into Vogel and Kidd is depressing.

If LeBron likes it anyone else’s opinion doesn’t matter one bit.

LeBron wanted Lue. You think he's pumped for Frank Vogel?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne
Kidd has a strong relationship with LeBron James and mentored Lonzo last year

So this is basically to entice LeBron... Zo could be traded so it might not matter if we hire Kidd unless the FO already decided to keep Lonzo.

Lonzo isn't being traded. His value is pretty low right now.

I wanna see how a Irving/Lonzo back court does, so I’m okay if he doesn’t get traded.

IF, if if if if i f - Lonzo is healthy, he can make Kyrie's life easier on D.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
the thing about Vogel is Indiana did just as well with less talent when he left.....and Orlando significantly improved once he left with the same roster. Isn't that evidence that Vogel is probably not a very good head coach?

He isn't. But the team has lowered the bar so far below the Earth's surface that fan expectations have gone with it. The amount of people talking themselves into Vogel and Kidd is depressing.

What would you do at this point?

If I'm Jeanie? Fire everyone currently involved with the FO. Hire an actual professional to head the organization and let them hire a staff. Go back to Lue with an offer that isn't an insult. Basically I would do a lot of things that they'll never do.

ok, but just focusing on the coach....you would go back and offer Lue what it would take? What if that is not an option? Do you go with these retreads? A NBA assistant? College coach? David Blatt? Ok, forget that last one.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

I'm okay with Bogel as long as he utilizes BI properly.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

[quote="adkindo"]
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

So this is basically to entice LeBron... Zo could be traded so it might not matter if we hire Kidd unless the FO already decided to keep Lonzo.

I wanna see how a Irving/Lonzo back court does, so I’m okay if he doesn’t get traded.[/quote
It think that backcourt would be a disaster....not sure what Lonzo would bring to the table on offense. If I am Lonzo, and you bring in Kryrie, I am hoping for a trade.

Funny how we all see things differently. I think Zo Kyrie would be phenomenal. Zo is so unselfish he would find Kyrie all over the court. I can see Zo averaging 10 ppg 9 RPG and 12 assists. Kyrie would average close to 30 and Bron about 25. I would love it!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

just curious....has Mike Browns name been mentioned?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:40 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
King Randle wrote:
ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

If LeBron likes it anyone else’s opinion doesn’t matter one bit.

LeBron wanted Lue. You think he's pumped for Frank Vogel?

Has he asked to be traded? He’s on board.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:41 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Don't believe this is true about Indiana. Plus need to take into consideration the improvement in play of Turner and Sabonis and Oladipo becoming an all star caliber player.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
Quote:
Ramona Shelburne
@ramonashelburne

I wanna see how a Irving/Lonzo back court does, so I’m okay if he doesn’t get traded.

IF, if if if if i f - Lonzo is healthy, he can make Kyrie's life easier on D.

And also with his playmaking.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:43 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:
why are jeanie and the gang so obsessed with getting kidd onto any potential coaching staff

yeah, seems very weird

The obsession is because they let Luke pick his own and you see what he did.

Last edited by Car54 on Sat May 11, 2019 12:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:44 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
Funny how we all see things differently. I think Zo Kyrie would be phenomenal. Zo is so unselfish he would find Kyrie all over the court. I can see Zo averaging 10 ppg 9 RPG and 12 assists. Kyrie would average close to 30 and Bron about 25. I would love it!

he would have to be very unselfish, because he would likely be hanging out in the corner....alone.....waiting. It is not a Lonzo thing, but I think you are fooling yourself if you think Lebron and Kyrie are going to allow Ball to handle the ball or run the offense. Lebron barely allowed it last year....and we saw Kyrie in Boston this year......Lonzo and BI better get use to spot up shooting and cutting, because they will not be running much offense.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

If I'm Jeanie? Fire everyone currently involved with the FO. Hire an actual professional to head the organization and let them hire a staff. Go back to Lue with an offer that isn't an insult. Basically I would do a lot of things that they'll never do.

ok, but just focusing on the coach....you would go back and offer Lue what it would take? What if that is not an option? Do you go with these retreads? A NBA assistant? College coach? David Blatt? Ok, forget that last one.

Well that's the whole issue. When you (bleep) up your two best choices you're left with only bad ones. I think they could repair things with Lue with a legit offer (and perhaps with different people making the pitch) but they won't. At the point they're at now I'd prefer an up and coming assistant to someone who has proven they can't hack it, even if that comes with its own problems.
Jon Lovitz
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

I really hope we look at Brett Brown
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:47 pm    Post subject:

Man I feel bad for any head coach we hire if the Lakers force them to have Kidd as their assistant.

JKidd "Frank don't just give Lebron the ball. Make him run your play. You are the coach not him."

JKidd "Hey Bron didn't you think it was BS that Frank didn't listen to you? We totally would have won that game if they just gave you the ball."
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:49 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Don't believe this is true about Indiana. Plus need to take into consideration the improvement in play of Turner and Sabonis and Oladipo becoming an all star caliber player.

huh, Vogel had Paul George, George Hill, David West, Roy Hibbert, Rodney Stuckey, CJ Miles, Ian Mahinmi, and Solomon Hill....all playing some of their best basketball. Vogel's Indy teams were far more talented and experienced than McMillan's.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:50 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Well that's the whole issue. When you (bleep) up your two best choices you're left with only bad ones. I think they could repair things with Lue with a legit offer (and perhaps with different people making the pitch) but they won't. At the point they're at now I'd prefer an up and coming assistant to someone who has proven they can't hack it, even if that comes with its own problems.

I think I agree.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

Jon Lovitz wrote:

Speaking of Brown:

https://twitter.com/br_nba/status/1127303671539224576?s=21

Jason Kidd will be the Lakers HC by December the way this is playing out.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:

huh, Vogel had Paul George, George Hill, David West, Roy Hibbert, Rodney Stuckey, CJ Miles, Ian Mahinmi, and Solomon Hill....all playing some of their best basketball. Vogel's Indy teams were far more talented and experienced than McMillan's.

that indiana team was good. they just had the bad fortune of running into lebron's heat team
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
King Randle wrote:

he would have to be very unselfish, because he would likely be hanging out in the corner....alone.....waiting. It is not a Lonzo thing, but I think you are fooling yourself if you think Lebron and Kyrie are going to allow Ball to handle the ball or run the offense. Lebron barely allowed it last year....and we saw Kyrie in Boston this year......Lonzo and BI better get use to spot up shooting and cutting, because they will not be running much offense.

We’ll see. I see Ball getting rebounds and taking off. Dishing all over the place. Actually Bron let him bring up the ball quite a bit when they were figuring out how to play together
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
PlantedTanks wrote:
adkindo wrote:

Oladipo who had a all star 1st year and played comparable to PG, Turner who imo is better than any one you listed sans PG, Sabonis who's been rock solid these last 2 years, Thaddeus Young another rock solid player, Jeff Teague in 2016-2017, same CJ Miles in 2016-2017.

Solomon Hill sat on the bench for Vogel and I don't like his talent.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Jon Lovitz wrote:

He has a job and he’s close with the owner of the team.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
if he is just a sounding board and not making decisions, I don’t see the harm. He has a lot of basketball knowledge to share.

I agree...Phil as a consultant for Rob is great. Phil is a basketball genius, and should be a trusted voice "when needed". That said, if it is set up where Phil is Jeanie's personal consultant, that will be a problem.

Tex Winter was the genius, Phil was just good handling the players and their egos.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:14 pm    Post subject:

this has been worse case scenario for the search and what I feared when everyone wanted Luke out: there are no good coaches available, especially once you filter it down to guys who will have Lebron's respect.

but everyone calling for Luke's head didn't care, and now instead of one more year of Luke, we might have several years of some coach is no better than Luke.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
this has been worse case scenario for the search and what I feared when everyone wanted Luke out: there are no good coaches available, especially once you filter it down to guys who will have Lebron's respect.

but everyone calling for Luke's head didn't care, and now instead of one more year of Luke, we might have several years of some coach is no better than Luke.

LMAO! Vogel and Kidd are 10x last years coaching staff. Vogels teams top on defense. Kidd has made the playoffs as well. Luke? That’s what I thought.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 144, 145, 146, 147  Next
Page 145 of 147
Jump to: