OFFICIAL Lakers Coaching Thread (Lue Negotiation Break Down)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 145, 146, 147  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Cant wait to see how Vogel use Lonzo and Ingram at D
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
this has been worse case scenario for the search and what I feared when everyone wanted Luke out: there are no good coaches available, especially once you filter it down to guys who will have Lebron's respect.

but everyone calling for Luke's head didn't care, and now instead of one more year of Luke, we might have several years of some coach is no better than Luke.

LMAO! Vogel and Kidd are 10x last years coaching staff. Vogels teams top on defense. Kidd has made the playoffs as well. Luke? That’s what I thought.

I feel with Kidd there is all that baggage on and off the court that he brings with him.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

PlantedTanks wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
this has been worse case scenario for the search and what I feared when everyone wanted Luke out: there are no good coaches available, especially once you filter it down to guys who will have Lebron's respect.

but everyone calling for Luke's head didn't care, and now instead of one more year of Luke, we might have several years of some coach is no better than Luke.

LMAO! Vogel and Kidd are 10x last years coaching staff. Vogels teams top on defense. Kidd has made the playoffs as well. Luke? That’s what I thought.

I feel with Kidd there is all that baggage on and off the court that he brings with him.

Not worried. He has a relationship with Bron, Kobe and Kyrie. We’re good
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

LMAO! Please explain why they are better. The numbers don’t suggest it.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:07 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Jon Lovitz wrote:
I really hope we look at Brett Brown

He has a job and he’s close with the owner of the team.

Luke was close with Jeanie. And Marc Stein reported there is little chance Brett keeps his job if he losses game 7 tomorrow. So well see.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
adkindo wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
if he is just a sounding board and not making decisions, I don’t see the harm. He has a lot of basketball knowledge to share.

I agree...Phil as a consultant for Rob is great. Phil is a basketball genius, and should be a trusted voice "when needed". That said, if it is set up where Phil is Jeanie's personal consultant, that will be a problem.

Tex Winter was the genius, Phil was just good handling the players and their egos.

I disagree, and they are not mutually exclusive. Phil deserves to be recognized as one of the greatest coaches and elite basketball minds in modern history.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

yeah, the numbers do not suggest Vogel and Kidd are 10x better than any coach ever.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:12 pm    Post subject:

"Kidd has made the playoffs" - ya, congrats on coaching a 60 win team to .500 the year before. Bravo.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Jon Lovitz wrote:

Luke was close with Jeanie. And Marc Stein reported there is little chance Brett keeps his job if he losses game 7 tomorrow. So well see.

What exactly has Brett Brown done as a coach? His team this year has basically under achieved based on the talent he has.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
Car54 wrote:
Jon Lovitz wrote:

Not surprising considering Elton Brand believes the team should win a title.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

yeah, the numbers do not suggest Vogel and Kidd are 10x better than any coach ever.

Have they both been in the playoffs? Yes....Has Luke? LeBron appears to be on board. No hint of wanting to leave. Those factors alone make this combo superior to Luke...who never did anything as head coach except leading us to the lottery for 3 years...although I’ll admit injuries were the main factor this year.
HOF Rookie
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

Have they both been in the playoffs? Yes....Has Luke? LeBron appears to be on board. No hint of wanting to leave. Those factors alone make this combo superior to Luke...who never did anything as head coach except leading us to the lottery for 3 years...although I’ll admit injuries were the main factor this year.

That is really poor analysis.

Robert Horry has more titles than Lebron and they both played in the NBA, therefore Horry is better.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

the point is both guys have a track record of their teams improving after they were removed....that should mean something. Do you think if Vogel or Kidd was coach last year instead of Luke, were are better? If not significantly better, then what was the point in replacing Luke? I am not an expert of Vogels abilities, but I do recall many close friends claiming he could not coach himself out of a wet paper bag while he was in Orlando.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

HOF Rookie wrote:
King Randle wrote:
adkindo wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:
King Randle wrote:
HOF Rookie wrote:

That is really poor analysis.

Robert Horry has more titles than Lebron and they both played in the NBA, therefore Horry is better.

Does LeBron appear to be on board? That’s all you need to worry about. The second he asks for a trade then I’ll side with you. Until then...great hire if it happens.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Not saying Vogel is the right coach but I don't understand focusing on his 2 years in Orlando but ignoring his time in Indiana.

Took over a losing franchise for 4 1/2 seasons and turned them instantly into a play off team and twice ECF. Isn't this history of taking over a losing team and making them a winner?

Players matter along with the scheme. Is Rick Carlisle a bad coach? 33-49, 24-58, 33-49 last 3 years. I assume most would be favorable if he was hired.

Last edited by PlantedTanks on Sat May 11, 2019 2:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

Woj just reported Vogel has accepted the job....as long as we don’t hear from LeBron disapproval this is a good hire is
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

@wojespn: Frank Vogel has agreed to a deal to become the next coach of the Los Angeles Lakers, league sources tell ESPN.

m.twitter.com/wojespn
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:03 pm    Post subject:

Woj reporting Vogel took a three year deal
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:04 pm    Post subject:

What is with their infatuation with Kidd.
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

Woj also reporting Kidd has agreed to be an assistant for Vogel
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

0514 wrote:
What is with their infatuation with Kidd.

no idea
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

Freddie Buckets wrote:

At least he isn’t the lead assistant.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Pretty funny how Lue wanted more than 3 years and ended up not getting the job at all.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Freddie Buckets wrote:

At least he isn’t the lead assistant.

Who is?

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Remember when there use to be talk of Jeanie firing her brother and putting Phil in charge? That quieted down once they broke up, but look at where we are now. Phil has some shadow power with Jeanie even though he did an atrocious job as the Knicks president. And we know Kurt Rambis is just Phil's lapdog.

Lebron must be living a nightmare right now. Signed to work with Magic. Now he is partly working for someone he hates just like he did with Dan Gilbert.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 145, 146, 147  Next
Page 146 of 147
Jump to: