Oh ‘Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie’ Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Guys.. she's the owner, and she's in charge. No amount of complaining about everything she does is going to change that.

It's her team, and her mouth. She has the right to do whatever she wants with both. I don't see the point in being so reactive to everything she does.

She is an owner, hopefully the others hold her to a timeline.

I don't see an easy out from where we stand today, hopefully I'm missing something really important but I doubt it.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:20 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Guys.. she's the owner, and she's in charge. No amount of complaining about everything she does is going to change that.

It's her team, and her mouth. She has the right to do whatever she wants with both. I don't see the point in being so reactive to everything she does.

Especially when she might be the one that saves us from this mess by going over Magic's head and doing what's right for the organization, instead of what's right for Magic's ego and lebron.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

((COMMENT REMOVED - JMK))
greek laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 6:57 pm    Post subject:

i dont mind that much to have a vocal owner, Probably she refers to Luke or Rob.To me both of them aretotal disappointments
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

TMG wrote:

You guys go way too far in here. You've been doing it for so long that this comment doesn't even appear out of place.
TMG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
TMG wrote:

You guys go way too far in here. You've been doing it for so long that this comment doesn't even appear out of place.

My bad..what im really angry about is the Zubac trade really...I was working and all of a sudden i just kinda loudly asked my collegue why the (bleep) does Javale get to have a say in who gets traded?

He didn't know who Javale or Zubac was. He knew one team and one player.

GSW and Steph Curry.

Last edited by TMG on Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie...

activeverb wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Nothing good ever comes out when Jeanie and Magic open their pie holes.

https://twitter.com/lakerssbn/status/1113580998669815808?s=21

If you read the story. it's not really much of anything.

She simply said all the media reports made her momentary doubt some of the people she worked with, but when she sat down and had a face to face with them those doubts disappeared. Her comments were really more about not believing media rumors, than doubts about the staff.

Yep. I'm not sure why this justified so much reaction, much less its own thread. But then, we're moving into the dead zone between the end of the season and the lottery. Once again, we got an early start.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Oh Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie...

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

She simply said all the media reports made her momentary doubt some of the people she worked with, but when she sat down and had a face to face with them those doubts disappeared. Her comments were really more about not believing media rumors, than doubts about the staff.

Yep. I'm not sure why this justified so much reaction, much less its own thread. But then, we're moving into the dead zone between the end of the season and the lottery. Once again, we got an early start.

I think people just read the tweet, which didn't really reflect what the story said.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

overreaction
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Another dump on front office thread?

Not since Mitch left...
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 4:32 am    Post subject:

I've always been inclined to like Jeanie, but she started losing me a bit back in the day when she was giving interviews and constantly referring to the head coach of the team as her "boyfriend".

She is now the owner and chief executive of the team. She hired Magic as an "advisor", and then about two weeks later, after he very publicly declared that he wanted to have the final say in what went on, immediately out the door went Mitch Kupchak and Jeanie's brother Jim.

I don't think Jim had earned much in the way of the benefit of the doubt, but Mitch Kupchak certainly deserved MUCH better than that from the Lakers' organization. Either Jeanie didn't have the guts to do what she really wanted to do on her own, or she allowed Magic to back her into a corner.

Either way, for the Lakers to unceremoniously boot Mitch Kupchak out the door as if he were some alley cat that had somehow wandered onto the premises was the height of classlessness and tastelessness. Everybody looks bad in that episode, very much including Earvin, and especially Jeanie.

Jeanie should have made sure she and Magic were clear about exactly what his role was going to be when she hired him. The way it went down, it seemed that she was still trying to walk a thin line and make a non-decision "decision", but then Magic rolled in and executed a power play and forced her into doing something she didn't intend to do. Either way, the way it went down was an absolute disgrace.

If some big secret came to light during those two weeks that justified Kupchak being fired, then the org should have been clear that they were firing him with cause. The way it was handled, everyone looked bad, and it gave the org a big black eye.

Kupchak was predictably snatched up as soon as he put himself back on the market after he took a year off to spend time with his family. So apparently he still is respected in the league and didn't do anything while he was with the Lakers that would have given them cause to terminate him in such nasty and brutal fashion after serving the organization for 36 years.

Jeanie needs to do herself, the organization, and its fans (to whom she owes MUCH) a major favor and follow the lead of her father. Dr. Buss seldom spoke to the media, and when he did, he did so with purpose and direct and simple language which communicated exactly whatever it is he wanted to say. There was no stream of consciousness nonsense, it was direct and to the point.

Don't talk just to talk, don't do stream of consciousness, for goodness sake back away from the twittersphere, and conduct business. Put the people that you want in place, get rid of anyone you don't think belongs, speak publicly only when there's something important to say, and above all, put a winning team on the floor of which the fans can be proud.

That, nothing more and nothing less, is EXACTLY what Jeanie Buss owes to Lakers fans. Ditto her executives Magic Johnson and Rob Pelinka.
irielight
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject: Re: Oh Jeanie Jeanie Jeanie...

activeverb wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

I think people just read the tweet, which didn't really reflect what the story said.

Yep. It's even less serious if you read the ESPN article. She's clearly referring to the media leaks and she was concerned who, if anyone, in the Lakers organization was leaking them. Whether or not she should comment publicly on this, I'm glad she did the research.

Buss Complimentary Yet Noncommittal on Luke Walton
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

Exactly so what's wrong with what she said? She's just assuring everyone that the group making decisions is tight, and she trusts in the people she hired to do the job, isn't that what people want to hear? Everyone over reacts to all the Laker news.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

let me guess, she's gonna replace Magic with either Phil or Rambis? just like clockwork with this ownership doesn't it.
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:25 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
overreaction

KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:

And people have the right to criticize her. This is a message board. The fact that she owns the team doesn't place her above criticism.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

The amount of insults and whining on LG is something I've never seen before. It used to be that this stuff would be put in the P&M thread. Now, every post that is produced is either anti-Magic, anti-Jeannie, anti-Lebron, or anti-Lakers in general.

Doesn't feel much like this is a fan board anymore.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
The amount of insults and whining on LG is something I've never seen before. It used to be that this stuff would be put in the P&M thread. Now, every post that is produced is either anti-Magic, anti-Jeannie, anti-Lebron, or anti-Lakers in general.

Worst record in the last 6 years. Worse than the Knicks and Suns. Not of a fan of incompetence and still jacking up ticket prices year after year and tv blackouts.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
troy wrote:

Worst record in the last 6 years. Worse than the Knicks and Suns. Not of a fan of incompetence and still jacking up ticket prices year after year.

Exactly. sometimes P&M is deserved
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:01 am    Post subject:

Jeanie’s heart is in the right place, she wants the Lakers to succeed. Unfortunately she has lived in a Lakers-centric universe so her world is the Lakers. Instead of going out and getting the best of something she only has knowledge of ex-Lakers. It’s like living in the same neighborhood all your life, the Italian restaurant on the corner is your favorite. Even though you have never eaten at another Italian restaurant in town.

What is disturbing is the lack of attention to analytics, sports medicine and player development. Those items require a new school approach but our management is old school. Put advanced stats in front of Magic and it might as well been written in Mandarin, he wouldn’t understand either. We are 3rd last in team payroll because we constantly sign one year players in the hope of next year. That irked me with Jim and Mitch until they finally changed course, only to have Magic and Pelinka repeat the same sorry ass plan. Jeanie needs to get out and realize that there is an NBA world beyond the Lakers.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
troy wrote:

Worst record in the last 6 years. Worse than the Knicks and Suns. Not of a fan of incompetence and still jacking up ticket prices year after year and tv blackouts.

That's part of it. Another part is that Lebron in particular and Magic to a lesser degree have always been divisive figures on LG. People have been ripping into both of them here for years, and that became even more prominent.

You have a bunch of new accounts who do nothing but put up pro- or anti-Lebron posts.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:32 am    Post subject:

TMG wrote:

So, hitting a woman is your solution?
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
I really miss Dr. Buss
No, what you miss is and older cba and the past without all of this information readily available to everyone via the internet and social media. thats how doc buss was able to work in all those circles and poker face team after team after team . you can rarely do that now with all the information out there and the media on 24/7. doc buss didnt deal with this era. then add in the new cba rules almost forcing small market teams into holding their stars to stay longer after their first contract is up. and that also kills a lot of what the lakers use to do to get FA's.

you miss the days before "basketball reasons." that has less to do with buss and more to do with the things i just mentioned above.
splashmtn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
TMG wrote:

So, hitting a woman is your solution?
you still dont see it troy? what does magic and jeanie have in common?
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:52 am    Post subject:

There are richer/stronger owners in the Pacific Division than there used to be.

Lacob over Cohan
Ranadive over Maloof brothers
Ballmer over Sterling

Sarver in Phoenix is the one that could be considered from the past.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8
Jump to: