Official President of Basketball Operations Search Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:48 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
https://mobile.twitter.com/cuffsthelegend/status/1120176954760675328?s=21

Sam Presti + Monty??? Would that excite you guys?

What I take away from it: Lebron likes Monty.
Makes me wonder about Ty.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Maybe he likes him because he can potentially attract AD.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:54 pm    Post subject:

There was this pretty detailed writeup on Presti's weird fascination with overpaying big men. I think he's fools gold.

https://old.reddit.com/r/nba/comments/beq10q/tyson_chandler_kendrick_perkins_jonas_valancunis/?st=jusu92eg&sh=27da5a6d
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Let’s pretend for a second that Ireland is right, why not announce that Pelinka is the guy in charge? I keep hearing the same thing from fans, if Pelinka was really the guy they would have said it without dragging our feet into a sand.. it’s obvious that no one doesn’t know what’s going on right now and those who do are just trying to get there share of attention.

The fan base hates pelinka. That’s why they announce it
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

maybe its because Lue was the one coach not afraid to call Lebron out in a locker room infront of everyone.
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

It has been suggested that the Jesse/Joey faction is pushing for bringing in a quality executive from outside the normal Laker family cohort, while Jeanie is said to prefer to keep the circle tight and include only those she feels are completely loyal to her interests.

Jeanie has the only say that matters unless the siblings decide to sell. Jesse and Joey have every incentive to hold, and it's unlikely they will move on that option.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:26 pm    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
It has been suggested that the Jesse/Joey faction is pushing for bringing in a quality executive from outside the normal Laker family cohort, while Jeanie is said to prefer to keep the circle tight and include only those she feels are completely loyal to her interests.

Jeanie has the only say that matters unless the siblings decide to sell. Jesse and Joey have every incentive to hold, and it's unlikely they will move on that option.

I don't believe that. Jesse and Joey have every reason to not want a strong authoritative figure to come in and take over the organization. That person might want to clean house and bring in his own staff, which would render Jesse and Joey's jobs obsolete.

Not saying I think that's the right move, because I think their scouting staff has done good work, but it's a risk you run when you bring in a strong, established personality. You'd be asking someone like that to come in, with the caveat that you have to keep all the family members in place. It's a messy situation.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie has been watching too much Game of Thrones and is treating her position as Khaleesi and Linda is her Tyrion
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

TheBlackMamba wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
FWIW Bill Simmons and Ryen Russillo both think we are getting Bob Myers

They said they think we'll go after him, not that we're getting him.

They were also going off the week-old rumor that we were talking to someone on a playoff team, which Ramona already shot down.

Didn't Ramona then also effectively say that she knows nothing because the Lakers FO is silent right now?

Not saying I believe any of the BS, but my personal opinion is that Ramona generally says whatever Jeannie tells her to.

And she also said because they know she is a reporter, they have been very quiet around her.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:38 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/unwrittenrul3s/status/1120403904808796166?s=21

Either:

A) Misdirection
B) They think they are being funny with this whole Magic resigns but still tampers away on behalf of the organization.

Starting to get the uneasy feeling that they think they are being clever with choice B...

It’s a smokescreen IMO, also John Ireland was giddy and excited with the Pat Riley rumor, and now is acting like he is some sort of insider, he is a tool.

How do you define tool? Do you mean he's a gullible dummy who falls for every rumor? Or like he's being used as a tool? Or that he's just a douche?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:12 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Either:

A) Misdirection
B) They think they are being funny with this whole Magic resigns but still tampers away on behalf of the organization.

Starting to get the uneasy feeling that they think they are being clever with choice B...

It’s a smokescreen IMO, also John Ireland was giddy and excited with the Pat Riley rumor, and now is acting like he is some sort of insider, he is a tool.

How do you define tool? Do you mean he's a gullible dummy who falls for every rumor? Or like he's being used as a tool? Or that he's just a douche?

I think he is just a passionate Laker fan who falls for everything.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:23 pm    Post subject:

I'm so on the fence between Bob and Rob.
Heyvoon24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
2019 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
LakerSD wrote:

Either:

A) Misdirection

I think he is just a passionate Laker fan who falls for everything.

this post made my day duece
cthroatgtr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Let’s pretend for a second that Ireland is right, why not announce that Pelinka is the guy in charge? I keep hearing the same thing from fans, if Pelinka was really the guy they would have said it without dragging our feet into a sand.. it’s obvious that no one doesn’t know what’s going on right now and those who do are just trying to get there share of attention.

This
StoicChalice392
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:18 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
I'm so on the fence between Bob and Rob.

if we can get Oshey instead of Rob, we get Neil and Bob. Ba Dum Tss
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

I gotta say, we could be a lot worse off with Rob in charge moving forward.

Quote:
In his work in building Landmark Sports, Pelinka was heralded by clients like Kobe Bryant for his combination of preparation, focus on the process and work ethic. Building out a new company and having a $200-plus million client list in the dog eat dog, Lord of the Flies agency world is no easy feat. It takes an extremely high level of organizational skill, discipline and process analysis.

As Kobe put it: “This guy is prepared for everything from A to Z and backwards.” When the maniacally hard-working and preparation obsessed Kobe Bryant calls someone prepared, you know it’s a real thing.

Pelinka has continued with that level of day to day preparation and work ethic during his tenure as Lakers’ GM. By many accounts, Pelinka is a grinder through and through, and self-admittedly “maniacal and obsessed with his craft”.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/4/22/18510291/lakers-rob-pelinka-strengths-skillset-kobe-bryant-agent-sports-skills
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:38 pm    Post subject:

Maybe Jesse/Ryan want a new exec cause they feel that would move the organization forward and they may get a voice in that front office unlike Rob's way of doing things where he runs a skeleton crew. I'm baffled that they don't even wanna entertain adding smart minds even if Rob stays in charge to better the situation but they appear cheap and think everything is fake news.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
I gotta say, we could be a lot worse off with Rob in charge moving forward.

Quote:
In his work in building Landmark Sports, Pelinka was heralded by clients like Kobe Bryant for his combination of preparation, focus on the process and work ethic. Building out a new company and having a $200-plus million client list in the dog eat dog, Lord of the Flies agency world is no easy feat. It takes an extremely high level of organizational skill, discipline and process analysis.

As Kobe put it: “This guy is prepared for everything from A to Z and backwards.” When the maniacally hard-working and preparation obsessed Kobe Bryant calls someone prepared, you know it’s a real thing.

Pelinka has continued with that level of day to day preparation and work ethic during his tenure as Lakers’ GM. By many accounts, Pelinka is a grinder through and through, and self-admittedly “maniacal and obsessed with his craft”.

https://www.silverscreenandroll.com/2019/4/22/18510291/lakers-rob-pelinka-strengths-skillset-kobe-bryant-agent-sports-skills

Pelinka is a grinder and Magic isn't. Easy to see why there may have been a rift.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

The rift is due to more than that.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:17 pm    Post subject:

legend825 wrote:
The rift is due to more than that.

More importantly who cares. Neither should have ever been in the positions they were/are. We could have interviewed and hired anybody and we hired a celebrity President who was an awful Twitter GM and an agent with no experience that no other team would ever consider for such a position.
legend825
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:20 pm    Post subject:

I think they should rectify the situation and go after the top execs instead sticking with Rob.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:20 pm    Post subject:

Presti let KD, Harden, Ibaka out the door. Then pays max money to PG13, a guy who is lesser than KD or Harden.

We have pitchforks ready in LA for lesser crimes. The fascination with Presti is that he's grass, he's green, and he's elsewhere.
JamezAmp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
Presti let KD, Harden, Ibaka out the door. Then pays max money to PG13, a guy who is lesser than KD or Harden.

We have pitchforks ready in LA for lesser crimes. The fascination with Presti is that he's grass, he's green, and he's elsewhere.

Yeah that’s fair. Mixed record for sure.
believeNmagic32
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Presti isn't "the guy" for the Lakers job nor has he earned the position. Presti has made several misjudgments with OKC:

*Didn't read the tea leaves with KD and got blindsided by his departure.
*Failed to retain KD.
*Hired Billy Donovan because of a silly Florida Gator connection.
*Donovan has been a mediocre to below average NBA HC.
*Surrounded a point guard who can't shoot with players that can't shoot.
*Traded James Harden
*Traded for Melo when he was washed.
*Signed Patrick Paterson (bust)

I've got a little youtube show about Lakers rumors! Any likes or comments are appreciated.

P and G till I D.I.E.

Lakers grounder since 2007
JeezyXVII
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

I think theres more going on behind the scenes than we are led to believe.
My take is that Magic stepped down, not because of the “whispering / backstabbing” that was brought to light to mislead the media.

But because he wanted to have no label associated with the Lakers, so he can freely and legally “recruit and pitch” to players without it being tampering.

He was seen out over the weekend and he said he and Jeanie still talk daily.
If you're leaving a position cause it consumes too much time, why still invest time “daily”?

Thats also why LAs not looking for a PoBO and letting Rob be the man, because Magic is the silent, off the record PoBO.

This is just my theory. I might be wrong and they might hire someone in the next day or two. But I think this is all a smokescreen so he can recruit without any fines to the team.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 44 of 71
Jump to: