Official President of Basketball Operations Search Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:28 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
danzag wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
danzag wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Notice how every single thing coming out about our FO that has a bunch of weird names like Linda Rambis and Kurt Rambis involved in it?

Whoever is feeding this crap is trying to piss us off.

They are not weird names. They are part of Jeanie's inner circle

They are weird names because they aren’t knowledgeable enough to get involved in basketball activities...

But they are knowledgeable enough to influence Jeanie.

That's exactly the story: Jeanie has been receiving (and accepting, it seems) advice from Linda Rambis.

How do we know Linda Rambis isn't a genius? And no, I'm not just brown-nosing our new Laker overloard so I can get a job there.

Seriously, we don't know much about her. She was able to clothesline Kurt's heart, so she can't be all that bad.

We know she does not have any NBA managerial exerience.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:29 pm    Post subject:

With rumors that Pelinka is icing out the two younger Buss boys, eventually they might team up with the older Buss boys to do just that.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:31 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
danzag wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
danzag wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Notice how every single thing coming out about our FO that has a bunch of weird names like Linda Rambis and Kurt Rambis involved in it?

They are weird names because they aren’t knowledgeable enough to get involved in basketball activities...

That's exactly the story: Jeanie has been receiving (and accepting, it seems) advice from Linda Rambis.

How do we know Linda Rambis isn't a genius? And no, I'm not just brown-nosing our new Laker overloard so I can get a job there.

Seriously, we don't know much about her. She was able to clothesline Kurt's heart, so she can't be all that bad.

Her experience as "Manager of Special Events" must be really valuable in choosing our new President of Basketball Operations.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Ireland saying on ESPN that "Jeanie trusts Linda more than anyone"

(bleep) me. What does Linda Rambis know about basketball?

Whatever Kurt knows.

Kurt being able to influence decisions through Linda is something that I will have to think about.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:53 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
YSong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
#TrustLinda

DO IT, LINDA

Listen to me, Linda!

Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 3:43 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

I’m not so alarmist about this. I’m glad that Jeanie has someone within the organization who she trusts and can talk to. Kurt has always been a stand-up guy. I don’t see him as some snake who would use his wife to manipulate Jeanie.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
With rumors that Pelinka is icing out the two younger Buss boys, eventually they might team up with the older Buss boys to do just that.

I'm not certain that they can vote her out. What they can do is vote to sell the team, but that is the WORST case scenario for Jesse & Joey. Why?

Currrently, they each have a 17% stake of the Trust's 66% ownership of the Lakers, or 11% of the team.. If the Lakers are worth 3.3 BN (very conservative estimate), Jesse and Joey have about a $300 million interest in the team, as do their siblings.

HOWEVER (and someone clarify for me), there is a "Last Man Standing Clause" in the Trust, which basically means that as each of the 6 kids die, their interest does not pass on to their heirs, but stays with the trust.

With Jimmy and Johnnie being in their 60s, they could very well be dead in 20 years, which would bump Jesse and Joey's stake from 11% of the team to 17% each. Add 5 more years for Jeanie and Janie to die and the younger Buss' become 33% each owners of the team.

Figure the team's value increases 4.5 times in 25 years (again, very conservative), and instead of them having a $300 million stake of a $3.3 BN asset, they each have a 33% stake of a $15 BN asset, or $5 BN each.

Meanwhile, they're getting checks from the trust each year. Say the family takes $15 MM for themselves every year - that's $2.5 million, each, for doing zip. Jimmy and Johnnie die over the next 20 years and the family gives itself a raise to $45 MM/ year, that is $11 million, each. Under the same scenario, in 25 years, Jesse and Johnnie are in charge of a $15 BN team and pulling in $40 million each annually, in dividends, without touching any principal. PLUS THEY ARE GETTING SALARIES AS TEAM EMPLOYEES.

It makes sense for Jimmy and Johnnie to want to sell, if only to get $$$ for their kids. It makes NO sense for Jesse and Joey to sell. The wildcards are Jeanie & Janie. Jeanie has no kids to leave $$ to and Janie has stuck with Jeanie, per her father's wishes.

So for the older boys to get what they want, the road is through Janie and Jeanie.

[Given how the value of the team grew from 1994 to 2019, my numbers could be very low. The Lakers could well be worth $30 BN in 2044. Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys 30 years ago for $140 million. Their last championship was 25 years ago - but the team is worth $5 BN, or almost 20 times what he paid for it].
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
danzag wrote:

I’m not so alarmist about this. I’m glad that Jeanie has someone within the organization who she trusts and can talk to. Kurt has always been a stand-up guy. I don’t see him as some snake who would use his wife to manipulate Jeanie.

I don’t even think that’s the case. Kurt is the nicest of guys.

I’m just worried about the lack of basketball knowledge involved in the decision making process
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:33 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
danzag wrote:

I don’t even think that’s the case. Kurt is the nicest of guys.

I’m just worried about the lack of basketball knowledge involved in the decision making process

Sure, I agree with that. However, I haven't seen anyone say that Linda Rambis is giving basketball advice, per se. Jeanie is probably getting a ton of basketball advice from other people, starting with Pelinka and whoever else works in the front office. If Linda is a level headed person who Jeanie can talk to and bounce ideas off, that's not a bad thing at all.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
HOWEVER (and someone clarify for me), there is a "Last Man Standing Clause" in the Trust, which basically means that as each of the 6 kids die, their interest does not pass on to their heirs, but stays with the trust.

Janie Buss said something about that once, but she never gave any details. She said that her kids would get something, but not as much as she has. Who knows how this works?
skin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:42 pm    Post subject:

why do we need a president? we never had one in the past
DMAULS
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

skin wrote:
why do we need a president? we never had one in the past

Jim Buss was the President prior to Magic.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 5:45 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I'm not certain that they can vote her out. What they can do is vote to sell the team, but that is the WORST case scenario for Jesse & Joey. Why?

Currrently, they each have a 17% stake of the Trust's 66% ownership of the Lakers, or 11% of the team.. If the Lakers are worth 3.3 BN (very conservative estimate), Jesse and Joey have about a $300 million interest in the team, as do their siblings.

With Jimmy and Johnnie being in their 60s, they could very well be dead in 20 years, which would bump Jesse and Joey's stake from 11% of the team to 17% each. Add 5 more years for Jeanie and Janie to die and the younger Buss' become 33% each owners of the team.

Figure the team's value increases 4.5 times in 25 years (again, very conservative), and instead of them having a $300 million stake of a $3.3 BN asset, they each have a 33% stake of a $15 BN asset, or $5 BN each.

Meanwhile, they're getting checks from the trust each year. Say the family takes $15 MM for themselves every year - that's $2.5 million, each, for doing zip. Jimmy and Johnnie die over the next 20 years and the family gives itself a raise to $45 MM/ year, that is $11 million, each. Under the same scenario, in 25 years, Jesse and Johnnie are in charge of a $15 BN team and pulling in $40 million each annually, in dividends, without touching any principal. PLUS THEY ARE GETTING SALARIES AS TEAM EMPLOYEES.

It makes sense for Jimmy and Johnnie to want to sell, if only to get $$$ for their kids. It makes NO sense for Jesse and Joey to sell. The wildcards are Jeanie & Janie. Jeanie has no kids to leave $$ to and Janie has stuck with Jeanie, per her father's wishes.

So for the older boys to get what they want, the road is through Janie and Jeanie.

[Given how the value of the team grew from 1994 to 2019, my numbers could be very low. The Lakers could well be worth $30 BN in 2044. Jerry Jones bought the Cowboys 30 years ago for $140 million. Their last championship was 25 years ago - but the team is worth $5 BN, or almost 20 times what he paid for it].

Just a correction, they own a little over 9% of the team (66%\7).
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:02 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
LuciusAllen wrote:
danzag wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
danzag wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Her experience as "Manager of Special Events" must be really valuable in choosing our new President of Basketball Operations.

Hiring a President of Bball Ops is a pretty special event. We are blessed to have Linda manage us through this most special occasion.
clutchkobe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:12 pm    Post subject:

if this is true.....i am beyond disappointed. The Buss kids are destoying what their father built. I had hopes for jeanie but now i think she is an idiot just like her brother.....Now im going to root for them to sell the franchise....They dont know how to run a franchise....Only friends and family need apply....who runs a business like this......Donald Trump with 18 bankruptcies.....thats who. The extra money will have will not be spent wisely now....what a waste.....the clippers are going to be a better organization than the lakers.....i did not see that coming.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:17 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
danzag wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
danzag wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

You sir, are a man of class
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:23 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
#TrustLinda

#stayD12
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:25 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
if this is true.....i am beyond disappointed. The Buss kids are destoying what their father built. I had hopes for jeanie but now i think she is an idiot just like her brother.....Now im going to root for them to sell the franchise....They dont know how to run a franchise....Only friends and family need apply....who runs a business like this......Donald Trump with 18 bankruptcies.....thats who. The extra money will have will not be spent wisely now....what a waste.....the clippers are going to be a better organization than the lakers.....i did not see that coming.

Mason and Ireland had Windhorst on today and he enumerated the way that the Clippers run their franchise. He said that the Lakers need to copy what they are doing. They have Frank leading the vision and Winger is a great negotiator. They have a Performance Science Biomedical Analyst. They have twice as many scouting positions than we do. And they have an owner who will spend money to give the team what it needs. Nothing we can do about that one.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:28 pm    Post subject:

clutchkobe wrote:
if this is true.....i am beyond disappointed. The Buss kids are destoying what their father built. I had hopes for jeanie but now i think she is an idiot just like her brother..

If we hire a head coach before we hire Magic's replacement. I'm with ya. That's something an idiot would do.
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:30 pm    Post subject:

"How do we know Linda Rambis isn't a genius?"

These are the questions.

Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:39 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:

Mason and Ireland had Windhorst on today and he enumerated the way that the Clippers run their franchise. He said that the Lakers need to copy what they are doing. They have Frank leading the vision and Winger is a great negotiator. They have a Performance Science Biomedical Analyst. They have twice as many scouting positions than we do. And they have an owner who will spend money to give the team what it needs. Nothing we can do about that one.

I don't remember the ownership giving Magic a vision/orders/direction/guidance to study the rest of the league and then implement best practices in running a team.

Not sure if they will choose to change or will continue with what they have been doing in the past.
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I honestly don't think Jeanie knows what the (bleep) she's doing, and I think she might be one of the worst owners in the league. Why is she so (bleep) involved in the basketball aspects, just cause her dad was a genius doesn't mean she has to pretend like she knows what she's doing. Just cut the checks and enjoy your millionaire life.

Imagine where Apple would be if Eva Jobs somehow became the shot caller after Steve died. Honestly, for me personally, Jeanie is the worst part of being a Lakers fan for the past year.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:11 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
clutchkobe wrote:

By my count, the Clippers had 27 people employed in their "basketball operations" department this year (not counting training or coaches) and we had 22. Not exactly a huge difference. They had us outnumbered in scouting 10-to-8.

I have no clue what a "Performance Science Biomedical Analyst" actually does but we appear to have a bigger training staff than the Clippers do.

Last edited by Username on Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Whatever Kurt knows.

Kurt being able to influence decisions through Linda is something that I will have to think about.

Can we introduce Jeanie to ChefLinda at least?
Villain6Activated
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 7:15 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
danzag wrote:

Whatever Kurt knows.

Can we introduce Jeanie to ChefLinda at least?

is ChefLinda really a Chef?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 19 of 71
Jump to: