Official President of Basketball Operations Search Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:07 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Username wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Please stop posting this IGotSources dude. He is just making up crap and some folks here actually believe him. Lameness.

That IGotSources dude reported (3/13) that the Lakers would travel to Philly to meet with Monty Williams a day before Woj did on 3/14 (while Woj was still saying they would either phone him or meet him in person).

I'm not really familiar with him, but looking through his twitter he definitely intersperses his opinion with his predictions. I'm guessing he does know people, but information alone doesn't make things happen.

EDIT: he also reported that the Luke Walton deal with Sacramento was "a done deal" about 30 minutes before the national news picked up on Saturday.

This is incorrect.

Woj tweeted that we had been granted permission to meet with Monty at 2:52 p.m. on April 13. Then at 2:57 p.m., said it would either be a phone call or the Lakers flying to Philadelphia.

"IGotSources" then tweeted out at 3:05 p.m. that the Lakers were going to meet with Monty in Philadelphia.

Woj said phone call or flying to Lakers on the 13th.

Then on the 14th ( a day later):
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1117506692563046400
Quote:

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@wojespn

Lakers management plans to travel East to meet with Sixers assistant Monty Williams between Games 2 and 3 of playoff series with Brooklyn, league sources tell ESPN. Williams has emerged as a top candidate for Lakers coaching job.

12:15 PM - 14 Apr 2019

Point is, Woj was the one to break the news. So I'm failing to see how IGotSources tweeting that the Lakers were "expected" to meet with Monty in Philadelphia 10 minutes after Woj saying the Lakers "might" meet with Monty in Philadelphia gives him any credibility. He basically saw what Woj tweeted, and then put his own spin on it.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:08 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
Please stop posting this IGotSources dude. He is just making up crap and some folks here actually believe him. Lameness.

That IGotSources dude reported (3/13) that the Lakers would travel to Philly to meet with Monty Williams a day before Woj did on 3/14 (while Woj was still saying they would either phone him or meet him in person).

I'm not really familiar with him, but looking through his twitter he definitely intersperses his opinion with his predictions. I'm guessing he does know people, but information alone doesn't make things happen.

Rob is meeting Monty today. It's gotta be in Philly right?

I would think so. Philly's next game is Thursday in Brooklyn. Doubt he'd take a day off to come to LA. The only other alternative was to do a phone interview (or maybe like skype)

Heh. Skype for Business. The world we live in

True. When I had a meeting with Google, they insisted we use the Google video conferencing (whatever that is). All of their conference rooms in Mountain View are equipped with giant monitors hooked up with cameras.
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers brass flying to Philly is an important bit of information. What's more, lots of people in the media with sources are emboldened to reveal more information after Woj reports it. We saw that with Ganguli and Turner after Woj reports during the AD stuff. Often it allows them to corroborate their tenuous rumors, or challenge a claim.

I think that IGS has sources. I don't think the rumors are as definitive as he's making them out to be, and that's an important distinction. But the rumors we get from the national guys are basically in the last stages of the pipeline so that they can keep up their credibility, whereas what we're getting from folks like IGS is from the earlier, more volatile stages.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Who is part of the "brass?"

It's just Pelinka, no?
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
Username wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

EDIT: he also reported that the Luke Walton deal with Sacramento was "a done deal" about 30 minutes before the national news picked up on Saturday.

This is incorrect.

Woj tweeted that we had been granted permission to meet with Monty at 2:52 p.m. on April 13. Then at 2:57 p.m., said it would either be a phone call or the Lakers flying to Philadelphia.

"IGotSources" then tweeted out at 3:05 p.m. that the Lakers were going to meet with Monty in Philadelphia.

Woj said phone call or flying to Lakers on the 13th.

Then on the 14th ( a day later):
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1117506692563046400
Quote:

Adrian Wojnarowski
‏@wojespn

Lakers management plans to travel East to meet with Sixers assistant Monty Williams between Games 2 and 3 of playoff series with Brooklyn, league sources tell ESPN. Williams has emerged as a top candidate for Lakers coaching job.

12:15 PM - 14 Apr 2019

Point is, Woj was the one to break the news. So I'm failing to see how IGotSources tweeting that the Lakers were "expected" to meet with Monty in Philadelphia 10 minutes after Woj saying the Lakers "might" meet with Monty in Philadelphia gives him any credibility. He basically saw what Woj tweeted, and then put his own spin on it.

I'm not saying he has or breaks all the information. The point another poster was making was that "he was making stuff up". In this case, GotSources instead of giving an either/or they were expected to meet in person. That further detail if given with certainty may actually indicate he may know someone inside the Lakers.

I'm just saying I'm looking through his twitter feed and there are some interesting pieces of information in it.

Like this one is interesting in the timeline of Luke's firing:

https://twitter.com/IGotSources/status/1116802743388135425
Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
‏@IGotSources

Jeanie Buss met with The Lakers Board early this morning. The board recommendation was to fire Luke as well as Rob. Now that Luke Walton is gone it’s up to Jeanie Buss to relieve Rob of his duties.

1:38 PM - 12 Apr 2019

I think it's interesting to note that this indicates that the Lakers Board wanted to fire Pelinka also but obviously Jeanie didn't (or hasn't)

And Monty Williams:

Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
‏@IGotSources

Lakers brass expected to travel to Philadelphia next week to meet with Monty Williams

3:05 PM - 13 Apr 2019

https://twitter.com/IGotSources/status/1117187519089729538
Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
‏@IGotSources

Jesse Buss, Rob Pelinka.

Quote:
Anthony Baker @baker7007
Replying to @IGotSources
Who is “Lakers Brass” right now @IGotSources ?

3:07 PM - 13 Apr 2019
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:21 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:

It's just Pelinka, no?

GotSauces says Lakers Brass is Rob Pelinka and Jesse Buss.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

I'm not saying he has or breaks all the information. The point another poster was making was that "he was making stuff up". In this case, GotSources instead of giving an either/or they were expected to meet in person. That further detail if given with certainty may actually indicate he may know someone inside the Lakers.

It wasn't really any extra detail though, since Woj literally told us that the Lakers might fly to Philadelphia to meet with Monty. So, I just don't see how there's any validity to this guy chiming in after the fact to basically repeat what Woj has already said.

We've got a long history of wannabe "insiders" tweeting BS about the Lakers (#CountOnAyre) and they mysteriously disappear once free agency ends. I suspect this guy will be no different.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:25 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's just Pelinka, no?

Jesse!
Hope he's not silo'ed.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:

It's just Pelinka, no?

Jesse!
Hope he's not silo'ed.

They sat on opposite ends of the plane on the flight to Philadelphia
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:20 am    Post subject:

Posting this here, because I wonder if this means Jerry West could have more power with the Clippers if Winger left. Since it's also been floated that perhaps the Lakers have interest in reaching out to West.

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
1m
1 minute ago

More
The Minnesota Timberwolves have been granted permission to meet with Los Angeles Clippers general manager Michael Winger in the franchise’s search for a President of Basketball Operations, league sources told ESPN.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:25 am    Post subject:

1ngr4m wrote:
non-player zealot wrote:
Bard207 wrote:
danzag wrote:
Ireland saying on ESPN that "Jeanie trusts Linda more than anyone"

(bleep) me. What does Linda Rambis know about basketball?

Whatever Kurt knows.

Kurt being able to influence decisions through Linda is something that I will have to think about.

Can we introduce Jeanie to ChefLinda at least?

is ChefLinda really a Chef?

I know she can cook someone's goose in the Political thread if they post nothing but hottakes.
VincentTH
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Posting this here, because I wonder if this means Jerry West could have more power with the Clippers if Winger left. Since it's also been floated that perhaps the Lakers have interest in reaching out to West.

Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
1m
1 minute ago

More
The Minnesota Timberwolves have been granted permission to meet with Los Angeles Clippers general manager Michael Winger in the franchise’s search for a President of Basketball Operations, league sources told ESPN.

I would not worry about that. I believe in his heart JW is still a Lakers.

FACT: He left the Lakers organization after the clash with PJ/JimB
FACT: He offered to rejoin the Lakers organization as a mere consultant after learning the prodigal son was kicked off the helm of the team. Saddly, his offer was rejected (and I deeply believe it was a grave mistake from Magic).

Last edited by VincentTH on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:30 am    Post subject:

levon wrote:
I think the Lakers brass flying to Philly is an important bit of information. What's more, lots of people in the media with sources are emboldened to reveal more information after Woj reports it. We saw that with Ganguli and Turner after Woj reports during the AD stuff. Often it allows them to corroborate their tenuous rumors, or challenge a claim.

I think that IGS has sources. I don't think the rumors are as definitive as he's making them out to be, and that's an important distinction. But the rumors we get from the national guys are basically in the last stages of the pipeline so that they can keep up their credibility, whereas what we're getting from folks like IGS is from the earlier, more volatile stages.

Agree with this. Frankly the most credibility this IGS has is that GT (somewhat) corroborated his sources a couple weeks ago.

https://twitter.com/lakerfilmroom/status/1113183331179307008?s=21
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:41 am    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
levon wrote:

Agree with this. Frankly the most credibility this IGS has is that GT (somewhat) corroborated his sources a couple weeks ago.

Fyi... he was already outed as a Thunder insider. He switched his stuff to the Lakers so he can get more followers

There was a huge reddit topic about him.... deleting tweets, changing his profile pic from “thunder insider” to lakers. He also said he was hired by the athletic...now you don’t see that bit in his profile pic.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:48 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Rubin wrote:
levon wrote:

Fyi... he was already outed as a Thunder insider. He switched his stuff to the Lakers so he can get more followers

There was a huge reddit topic about him.... deleting tweets, changing his profile pic from “thunder insider” to lakers. He also said he was hired by the athletic...now you don’t see that bit in his profile pic.

Tell a team's fanbase the rumors they want the hear, get proven wrong, change to another team. Wash, rinse, repeat.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:49 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Rubin wrote:
levon wrote:

So pretty much he has some disorder? Poor guy.

Perhaps he hacked Momo or Woj's text/email account and is just spilling all the news. Whereas people like Momo/Woj/Sham get a lot of info, but they usually hold onto it to verify info before posting.
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Sago wrote:
Rubin wrote:
levon wrote:

Perhaps he hacked Momo or Woj's text/email account and is just spilling all the news. Whereas people like Momo/Woj/Sham get a lot of info, but they usually hold onto it to verify info before posting.

He didn’t hack them....

But he did mention Woj had a burner acct and started DMing him. Same with dave mcten
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Rubin wrote:
levon wrote:

Maybe his sauce was Brian Keefe or some other person who worked for the Thunder then the Lakers? Or it could be possible he has more than one sauce? I always ask for more than one sauce when I'm in the drive-thru.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
epak wrote:
Sago wrote:
Rubin wrote:
levon wrote:

He didn’t hack them....

But he did mention Woj had a burner acct and started DMing him. Same with dave mcten

What would be more hilarious is if he's pretending to be one of these people. And the guy leaking the info thinks he's talking to Momo for instance. Identity fraud!
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:22 pm    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Rubin wrote:
levon wrote:

Sigh. He claims to be connected with AEG. I thought GT saying he had heard some similar stuff on Kawhi perhaps lended him some credibility.

Epic troll job by this guy it seems. His tweet yesterday that we’ve requested permission to interview Jerry West set some folks on fire
Sago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
Sago wrote:
Rubin wrote:
levon wrote:

Sigh. He claims to be connected with AEG. I thought GT saying he had heard some similar stuff on Kawhi perhaps lended him some credibility.

Epic troll job by this guy it seems. His tweet yesterday that we’ve requested permission to interview Jerry West set some folks on fire

That AEG source seems so well connected that the person knows all the rumblings around the NBA.

So he has AEG and kawhi’s family as his source. He’s so legit that he wants x amount of followers before he posts his next info
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Only went back a few pages, but is there any thought to whether Williams might be looked at for a FO job with the team rather than the head coach position?
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:11 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
Only went back a few pages, but is there any thought to whether Williams might be looked at for a FO job with the team rather than the head coach position?

He's been pretty clear he wants to be on the bench. The front office post was just a way to get back into the swing.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:32 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
@IGotSources
·
2h
Rob Pelinka who contacted Clippers in regards to Jerry West did it without Jeannie Buss blessing.

Just cuz you guys don't trust igs.
But that's fun ey?
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Quote:
MR. UNTOUCHABLE
@IGotSources
·
2h
Rob Pelinka who contacted Clippers in regards to Jerry West did it without Jeannie Buss blessing.

Just cuz you guys don't trust igs.
But that's fun ey?

Does that mean I'm not supposed to hate Rob now?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 21 of 71
Jump to: