Official President of Basketball Operations Search Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

Laker's Fan wrote:
Per Tania/Turner LAT

Quote:
The first week of the search followed chaotic week for the franchise. On April 9, Magic Johnson resigned as the Lakers’ president of basketball operations, telling reporters before telling Buss or any other member of the organization. Buss has no plans to hire someone to replace Johnson, who is still expected to be part of the Lakers’ free-agent recruiting this summer in some capacity.

lol wut
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:54 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Per Tania/Turner LAT

Quote:
The first week of the search followed chaotic week for the franchise. On April 9, Magic Johnson resigned as the Lakers’ president of basketball operations, telling reporters before telling Buss or any other member of the organization. Buss has no plans to hire someone to replace Johnson, who is still expected to be part of the Lakers’ free-agent recruiting this summer in some capacity.

lol wut

They’re both talking out of their behinds cuz no one from the FO is saying anything. Jeanie was incredibly upset at the AD rumors..so she put a moratorium on saying anything to the media. So now she’s telling people they have no intention on replacing Magic? Come one....no one knows.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:15 am    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
I only speak on things I know, see, and strongly sense based on emperical data.

That being said, I don't know how you all can gauge Pelinka's abilities. He could be a dud or he could be a savant. I don't know and we don't either because Magic had final say. Reports could be accurate that he made the Zubac trade, or they could do be wrong. And even if he made that dumb ass trade, that move alone is not enough for me to say he's incapable and unqualified for this position.

I, like everyone else, want West, but I have to be humble and acknowledge that I have almost zero idea if Pelinka is any good at this job.

His interviews are the equivalent of Magic's tweets.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:27 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
Ramona on Rob:

https://twitter.com/ShowtimeForum/status/1119367015058165760

Quote:
“I talked to some of Rob’s former clients. He has lots of good former clients. ‘That guy got the best deal for me by any means necessary’. That’s why ppl dont like him. Rob was the guy making all the incremental moves to get the salary cap space.”

So he's the one that traded D'Angelo and so forth?

No one knows. My guess would be yes.

Oh ok. I thought that is what she was saying there. I definitely think that he was the one behind trying to trade all our young players away to get AD because Kobe said he would. I believe he consulted with Kobe.

I'm pretty sure this quote is about when Rob was an agent, not a GM. Getting salary space was for his player clients. Although "incremental" makes it sound odd.

This. See the James Harden loophole he used to get him PAID.

This has nothing to do with DLO. Magic wanted him gone.!
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:46 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Per Tania/Turner LAT

Quote:

lol wut

Magic is going to be like: see his I made 10m/yr and quit cowardly
Laker's Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
danzag wrote:
Laker's Fan wrote:
Per Tania/Turner LAT

Quote:

lol wut

They’re both talking out of their behinds cuz no one from the FO is saying anything. Jeanie was incredibly upset at the AD rumors..so she put a moratorium on saying anything to the media. So now she’s telling people they have no intention on replacing Magic? Come one....no one knows.

Tania is pretty conservative. That statement had no qualifiers or conditions. Someone well in he know must have wanted her to report that.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:57 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
I only speak on things I know, see, and strongly sense based on emperical data.

That being said, I don't know how you all can gauge Pelinka's abilities. He could be a dud or he could be a savant. I don't know and we don't either because Magic had final say. Reports could be accurate that he made the Zubac trade, or they could do be wrong. And even if he made that dumb ass trade, that move alone is not enough for me to say he's incapable and unqualified for this position.

I, like everyone else, want West, but I have to be humble and acknowledge that I have almost zero idea if Pelinka is any good at this job.

His interviews are the equivalent of Magic's tweets.

Pretty much. I believe the less he talks publicly the better he'll be at his job.
laker50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

That is the problem with Pelinka.
We don't know if he is good or bad at his job. He has never been a GM before.
He was a good agent.

That is the problem with the Lakers. They hire airline pilots to do surgery.
And doctors to fly planes.

No wonder the franchise is where it is.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

Would anyone be excited if Sean Marks is the guy we get for POB?
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 4:46 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Cowherd thinks Kobe would be a good POBO here. I can see the positives behind grooming him for a FO role... he and Pelinka might make a deadly duo. There probably won't be a more appropriate timing for him to enter the FO in some capacity either... seeing as his guy is GM... and Magic didn't do great so the footsteps he has to follow in aren't too big.

I wouldnt unless West or someone that has built a team came along as advisor.

1. I would love to see Kobe as Pres..someone that is the head...can recruit
and knows basketball and can scout talent also and talk to GMs...LOVES TO WIN!! Dont mind hearing others opinion as long as they know more than himself...will hear out palenka and Jerry's advice

2. Then you have Palenka who knows the CBA..and will not be made a fool of on contracts with player negotiations and agent tactics nor GMs when talking trades.

3.Then up next is West who can see talent whether in the FO or on a Team or in college....LOVES TO BUILD TEAMS...LOVES TO WIN

A DEADLY TRIANGLE INDEEEED!
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Obviously, but why in the world would the Nets let him go now?
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:57 pm    Post subject:

laker50 wrote:
That is the problem with Pelinka.
We don't know if he is good or bad at his job. He has never been a GM before.
He was a good agent.

That is the problem with the Lakers. They hire airline pilots to do surgery.
And doctors to fly planes.

No wonder the franchise is where it is.

Very true...How in the world can Rob put together a team when he’s never done it. Jeanie cannot be this stupid can she? She fired her own flesh and blood because they were not living up to the excellence of the franchise and FA were not considering us. Now she’s going to give the reigns to a guy that has never done it and is reportedly not respected? Is she really this incompetent? Maybe she is...time will tell.
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Cowherd thinks Kobe would be a good POBO here. I can see the positives behind grooming him for a FO role... he and Pelinka might make a deadly duo. There probably won't be a more appropriate timing for him to enter the FO in some capacity either... seeing as his guy is GM... and Magic didn't do great so the footsteps he has to follow in aren't too big.

Im OK with it (KOBE) as long as they Hired Jerry West or Pat Riley as PoBO for minimum of 3 years. Have Kobe as Asst. PoBO or something like an understudy of Jerry West/Pat Riley.
When he retired after 3 years, Kobe will be ready then to take over.

Jerry West loves Kobe.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

I wouldnt unless West or someone that has built a team came along as advisor.

1. I would love to see Kobe as Pres..someone that is the head...can recruit
and knows basketball and can scout talent also and talk to GMs...LOVES TO WIN!! Dont mind hearing others opinion as long as they know more than himself...will hear out palenka and Jerry's advice

2. Then you have Palenka who knows the CBA..and will not be made a fool of on contracts with player negotiations and agent tactics nor GMs when talking trades.

3.Then up next is West who can see talent whether in the FO or on a Team or in college....LOVES TO BUILD TEAMS...LOVES TO WIN

A DEADLY TRIANGLE INDEEEED!

Yeah, we need another experiment, NO. Find an experienced established individual and roll with him.

Last edited by deal on Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

Anybody hear Arash on The Herd saying we’ve already found the replacement and that’s hes ok’ing all moves at the moment. That he is working for a team who is still in the playoffs but that he IS calling the shots.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:
Anybody hear Arash on The Herd saying we’ve already found the replacement and that’s hes ok’ing all moves at the moment. That he is working for a team who is still in the playoffs but that he IS calling the shots.

Did not hear, don't know is that's even possible given conflicts of interest.
Luminous8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 7:47 am    Post subject:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lakeshowlife.com/2019/04/20/lakers-rumors-team-magic-johnson-replacement-lined/amp/
SGVL1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

Luminous8 wrote:

Lost me after Arash bro
RG73
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:33 am    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

People have been talking about this for the last week and it is not possible. You can't be under contract for one organization and run yet another one. And even if it were true, the person they have "hired" is obviously an idiot for not understanding the terms of his contract. And since it has been reported, if and when that person were to ever officially be announced, it would just open a whole new can of tampering investigation from the league.

They could ask permission to interview someone under contract with another team, just like they did with Monty Williams. But that would be public. And that person couldn't do both jobs.

That all said, I wouldn't necessarily put it past these idiots breaking the rules and hiring someone willing to break the rules, and basically setting themselves up for another big tampering investigation and fine from the league. But it is absurd to think that any competent POBO would risk their career over this obvious madness. And it is absurd to think that the owner(s) of an actual playoff team would just let it go when they found out the person they were paying was also working for the Lakers while under contract.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
deal wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

People have been talking about this for the last week and it is not possible. You can't be under contract for one organization and run yet another one. And even if it were true, the person they have "hired" is obviously an idiot for not understanding the terms of his contract. And since it has been reported, if and when that person were to ever officially be announced, it would just open a whole new can of tampering investigation from the league.

They could ask permission to interview someone under contract with another team, just like they did with Monty Williams. But that would be public. And that person couldn't do both jobs.

That all said, I wouldn't necessarily put it past these idiots breaking the rules and hiring someone willing to break the rules, and basically setting themselves up for another big tampering investigation and fine from the league. But it is absurd to think that any competent POBO would risk their career over this obvious madness. And it is absurd to think that the owner(s) of an actual playoff team would just let it go when they found out the person they were paying was also working for the Lakers while under contract.

What move did he approve, interviewing potential HC for gauging there interest on coaching the lakers. Doubt that is even a conflict of interest if Pelinka asked for permission.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:08 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
RG73 wrote:
deal wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

What move did he approve, interviewing potential HC for gauging there interest on coaching the lakers. Doubt that is even a conflict of interest if Pelinka asked for permission.

No one knows...there’s a moratorium from the FO to keep their mouths shut. Everyone is just guessing.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:
DLaker wrote:
RG73 wrote:
deal wrote:
Luminous8 wrote:

No one knows...there’s a moratorium from the FO to keep their mouths shut. Everyone is just guessing.

Exactly my point no one knows reporters is grasping on straw since the Lakers does not seems so urgent. So when the report saying he is approving things, there is no move worth approving.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:

If Pelinka got permission, it's fine. It is awfully hard to imagine that this would not leak out, though.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:04 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Obviously, but why in the world would the Nets let him go now?

Sean Marks would never work here.

He was given time and power to exectue a plan...... In lakerland, he won't have time and that power.......
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
DLaker wrote:

If Pelinka got permission, it's fine. It is awfully hard to imagine that this would not leak out, though.

I got an update on my phone yesterday about what Jeanie had for lunch. This would not be a secret if it were true. Not the way this organization has been running.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 41, 42, 43 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 42 of 71
Jump to: