Official President of Basketball Operations Search Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 69, 70, 71  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

Contrary to popular belief, a good negotiator does not bully his opponent into giving him what he wants, a good negotiator doesn't even view the other person as an opponent. A good negotiator empathizes with the other party and helps them arrive at an outcome that is mutually beneficial for those involved.

Rob has been an astute negotiator running his agency, facilitating player movement, and building relationships over the years, I have full confidence he is more than prepared for the the various opportunities that we may pursue in building our team.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
Contrary to popular belief, a good negotiator does not bully his opponent into giving him what he wants, a good negotiator doesn't even view the other person as an opponent. A good negotiator empathizes with the other party and helps them arrive at an outcome that is mutually beneficial for those involved.

Rob has been an astute negotiator running his agency, facilitating player movement, and building relationships over the years, I have full confidence he is more than prepared for the the various opportunities that we may pursue in building our team.

Is this a joke? Are you familiar with Pelinka's career?
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:57 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
trablos wrote:

Are you more familiar than anyone else here with his career? I don't know much about his career, so if you do, I'll gladly read what you have to say with an open mind. Asking because it sounds like you might be fixating on a few incidents or examples the media were using and/or blowing out of proportion... and are thinking about those as if they represent every single interaction he has with any player/agent/GM over his entire career... since you are seemingly totally against the FO and need stuff to latch onto and criticize? But perhaps, you know more. So... educamate moi, por favor.
Rubin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
trablos wrote:

At this point, my only hope is that Magic did his job with such buffoonery that Pelinka is a significant upgrade simply by deviating from Magic’s style and tactics.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

What a ridiculously dumb franchise.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:15 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
What a ridiculously dumb franchise.

Agree. Paying magic 10mil to do nothing was a joke. Fortunately we now have work ethic where we need it most.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

Rubin wrote:
ocho wrote:
trablos wrote:

At this point, my only hope is that Magic did his job with such buffoonery that Pelinka is a significant upgrade simply by deviating from Magic’s style and tactics.

I don't think there's any reason to believe he was a passive bystander to the strategy the team employed over the last year and a half. Either way, Jeanie is gambling an extremely critical summer on a novice. When Magic stepped down she could have pursued an elite decision maker, but that's not important to her.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:39 am    Post subject:

Can someone watch First Take this morning with Magic and then post the main points. If Magic bad mouths Pelinka and the FO, then he's just an a-hole. Because he said he would do everything to help get a FA here. He's such a selfish unprofessional ego maniac that it wouldn't surprise me if he took a jab at them just to make himself look good.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:06 am    Post subject:

Magic spilling the beans on first take, Pelinka is the bad guy
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:08 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Really? laying him out? Good luck to us on getting a FA then.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:09 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Typical Magic
Just shut the (bleep) up, man
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

What exactly is he saying....damn...fricken Magic
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

Lakers not looking good out of Magic’s mouth
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:11 am    Post subject:

Good luck to us on free agency after this (bleep) Magic is pulling
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:12 am    Post subject:

King Randle wrote:

Lakers FO is a backstabbing crew
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Harrison Faigen @hmfaigen

Magic Johnson just said on First Take that part of the reason he left is that Rob Pelinka was saying things behind his back in the office, implying that he was behind the "Magic isn't working hard enough" rumors (not a direct quote from Magic, just specifying with rumors).

Magic Johnson said that Tim Harris was one of the people stopping him from firing Luke Walton, which he didn't like because he thought he had the power to make decisions.

Magic said that multiple agents called him when he got the job and that Pelinka was brought in with him to tell him that he needed to "watch out for" Rob.

When asked to specify about those rumors, if it was just Pelinka or others, he said "No, just Rob."
Star Player
Star Player

Welp this certainly doesn’t help us with Magic opening his mouth. Just shows the dysfunction oozing throughout the organization
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

Now bringing Kobe into pelinka’s ‘power’

This is not looking good one bit, I’m cringing
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:14 am    Post subject:

Magic clearly only cares for himself.

No need to do this, even if Pelinka is worse than (bleep) Adolf Hitler. This only hurts the Lakers

Last edited by danzag on Mon May 20, 2019 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Magic seems like a fake, backstabbing all-about-me-diva right now. TBH, him deciding to do this kind of interview seems much worse than the interview Terry Rozier decided to do a few days ago. Losing respect for him by the minute, and it was really low when he quit. He's like, "hold my cup, let me find a new low".

Last edited by LAL1947 on Mon May 20, 2019 6:17 am; edited 1 time in total
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:15 am    Post subject:

Magic said that he never asked or tried to fire Pelinka. He just wanted to bring in his own coach. He said at that time he hadn't decided which coach he'd want, but he said that recently he wanted Tyronn Lue because he thought he'd be a great fit.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:16 am    Post subject:

More Magic on Pelinka:

"If you want to elevate yourself, I'm all for that... But there's a way to get that, and it's not talking about the person that's above you."
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:

Magic Johnson just said on First Take that part of the reason he left is that Rob Pelinka was saying things behind his back in the office, implying that he was behind the "Magic isn't working hard enough" rumors (not a direct quote from Magic, just specifying with rumors).

Magic Johnson said that Tim Harris was one of the people stopping him from firing Luke Walton, which he didn't like because he thought he had the power to make decisions.

Magic said that multiple agents called him when he got the job and that Pelinka was brought in with him to tell him that he needed to "watch out for" Rob.

When asked to specify about those rumors, if it was just Pelinka or others, he said "No, just Rob."

What an ass....As President he should be able to handle conflict but he's such a coward that when the conflicts started he decided to pull out like a coward. No respect for this idiot. Be a man, handle conflict, and be a professional. What a complete jerk
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
governator wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Magic seems like a fake, backstabbing all-about-me-diva right now TBH. TBH, him doing this interview seems much worse to me than the interview Terry Rozier did a few days ago.

Magic bringing the hammer on the kingdom, Lakers sounds like a doo doo organization
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
governator wrote:
King Randle wrote:

Magic seems like a fake, backstabbing all-about-me-diva right now TBH. TBH, him doing this interview seems much worse to me than the interview Terry Rozier did a few days ago.

Magic bringing the hammer on the kingdom, Lakers sounds like a doo doo organization

The only doo doo is Magic...Unable to take charge...be President and handle conflict. He's just a big fat big mouth that can't keep his mouth shut.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 65, 66, 67 ... 69, 70, 71  Next
Page 66 of 71
Jump to: