WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
awsmori
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf

To everyone who downloaded the video of all the Laker fieldgoals in the game against portland Feb21. From the very start of the game, watch how rony turiaf keeps on standing up and acting like every field goa & i mean EVERY fieldgoal is a game winning shot (Dances, Raises his arms while staring at the crowd, etc.). NO WONDER HE DOESNT GET ANY PLAYING TIME, HE'S MORE OF A FAN THAN A PLAYER!!!
Bill Walton: Boris Diaw is the Shakesperean era of Romanticism
dino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:30 am    Post subject:

maybe he's just amped because he's back with an nba team so quickly after heart surgery...could be it...
melakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Yea, a friend noticed too....

I watched his second game and relaized that we have a player with some real team spirit. He has alot of energy, and he will be a laker, M.L. Carr for us when we start winning championships again.

Helloooos...I am new to the forums, and just want to say hi to everyone!
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:32 am    Post subject:

Just imagine what it is like making the NBA. Now imagine what is like making the NBA after open heart surgery. I would thank everyday I were there...
BigE32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject:

The guy has overcome so much. If I were him, I would be happy as well. I think he's a great teammate and I'm glad that he's wearing the purple and gold!

Last edited by BigE32 on Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:51 am; edited 1 time in total
PWiddy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:50 am    Post subject:

leave ronny alone mayne.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:57 am    Post subject: Re: WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf

awsmori wrote:
WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf

Leave Ronny alone, man!
eniq 0x00
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:02 am    Post subject: Re: WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf

awsmori wrote:
To everyone who downloaded the video of all the Laker fieldgoals in the game against portland Feb21. From the very start of the game, watch how rony turiaf keeps on standing up and acting like every field goa & i mean EVERY fieldgoal is a game winning shot (Dances, Raises his arms while staring at the crowd, etc.). NO WONDER HE DOESNT GET ANY PLAYING TIME, HE'S MORE OF A FAN THAN A PLAYER!!!

Eh? You're (bleep) because he's happy about being on the team? Get a (bleep) life, whiner. Good thing you came out in the open, now I can ignore you.

^^ Farmar

osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:09 am    Post subject:

i went and checked the highlights, and i kinda get what awsmori is saying. i'm really happy for ronny, but the way he reacts to every single basket really is pretty bizarre.
LakerLegend
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:11 am    Post subject:

Dude, you kill me. Think about this...what if EVERY member of the team acted like he did? Cheering every shot that goes in, standing up and giving high fives when teammates come off the court, and acting like they are proud to be a part of the team....don't you think we would be more than 1 game over .500? This is what it's all about. Thank God that this thread isn't about Ronny's heart operation....and thank God it's about the amount of heart that he really has!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:16 am    Post subject:

OH MY GOD HE CARES!
sodapoppenski
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:19 am    Post subject:

I admit it's unusual how often he cheers.

But starting a thread saying "WTF is wrong with Ronny?"

That's classless bro.

The guy fought through heart-surgery in just a handful of months to
get back to our team.

Let the man take some joy in things, for all he knew he might not have
even lived.
jaydanasira
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:20 am    Post subject:

i know what you mean about ronny he does seem a little over excited but i will take that any day over omse of the dead life less players we have on the squad. Also maybe we need to cheer after every basket cause sometime we go thru drought where no one can make a bucket. I just watn to see that translate into good play and energy on the court and he'll be just fine.
prisma8slg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:22 am    Post subject:

he's excited to be part of the team. it's nice to see some emotion off the bench...I've noticed it toned down a little...but either way, I think it's great how much he CARES.

"I've seen it all. Sasha dunked on somebody," Kobe Bryant said. "I'm ready to retire now."
targetman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:24 am    Post subject:

I think he is trying to overcome the silent indifference of our other coaches and crowd and let the players know that someone is still watching the game.
osj
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:29 am    Post subject:

while it's good for players to be passionate, i actually wonder whether it may be detrimental, from a mental preparedness point of view, for the bench players to be too excited during the game. while ronny knows that he isn't likely to get much playing time, players who may enter the game at any moment probably shouldn't be watching the game 'as fans', but instead should be focused and concentrated, analyzing what's going on and scouting their potential matchup so that they can get into the flow when subbed in.

it looks great for players to be enthusiastic, and certainly on big or spectacular plays it is understandable, but i don't think a player's passion should necessarily be judged only by how much he jumps up and down on the bench.

not dissing ronny - i think he brings great spirit to the team - but i think there's other ways at looking at this. nobody would disagree that kobe is the most passionate about winning on this team, but that doesn't mean he jumps up from the bench everytime the team scores.
VEN_150
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf

awsmori wrote:

Enthusiasm is good awsmori, specially for this highly talented and motivated laker team
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:37 am    Post subject:

PWiddy wrote:
leave ronny alone mayne.

Yes indeed! Leave Ronny alone! More fans should have his attitude!
TACH
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:43 am    Post subject: Re: WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf

VEN_150 wrote:
awsmori wrote:

Enthusiasm is good awsmori, specially for this highly talented and motivated laker team

Can't knock a guy for enthusiasm... let's just hope it is contagious. I like how he encourages his teammates. He's the ML Carr of the Lakers (minus the towel)... LOL...

This teams needs to finish the last 30 games strong!!!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 6:47 am    Post subject:

Reminds me of Drazen Petrovic. The guy would celebrate any basket he made.

Seriously, having a teammate who is pumped up to be a Laker, hell, to be ALIVE, is something special. I'll take 100 Turiafs before I deal with another malcontent Chucky Atkins
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeButler
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject:

he has a condition called "heart." Unfortuanltey its not that contageous to the rest of the team.
Tony Montana
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:16 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Reminds me of Drazen Petrovic. The guy would celebrate any basket he made.

Seriously, having a teammate who is pumped up to be a Laker, hell, to be ALIVE, is something special. I'll take 100 Turiafs before I deal with another malcontent Chucky Atkins

Maybe the FANS at Staples could learn a little something from him too (at least the lower bowl)...
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:17 am    Post subject:

I can't wait till he learns the offense. That kind of player will kill himself for the team. For those who have wanted "a dawg" to get in peoples faces when they (bleep) with Kobe, guess what? He is big, French, full of energy and, I doubt he will allow anybody to pick on any of his guys and get away with it...
mbloves L.A.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Re: WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf

awsmori wrote:

I believe there is a hint of sarcasm there. Althogh it is very well disguised.
vicman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:26 am    Post subject:

dude he did that at summer league
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: