WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
VicsLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:34 pm    Post subject: Re: WTF is wrong with Rony Turiaf

awsmori wrote:
To everyone who downloaded the video of all the Laker fieldgoals in the game against portland Feb21. From the very start of the game, watch how rony turiaf keeps on standing up and acting like every field goa & i mean EVERY fieldgoal is a game winning shot (Dances, Raises his arms while staring at the crowd, etc.). NO WONDER HE DOESNT GET ANY PLAYING TIME, HE'S MORE OF A FAN THAN A PLAYER!!!

LOL, this is guy is just jazzed in being in the NBA, its prety cool, some guys seem to loose their sence of humor but this guy is not only happy to be alive but to on the bench with Kobe. That would be cool.
eldrunko714
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:35 pm    Post subject:

Kimi Raikkonen wrote:
I agree with the guy that started the thread. These guys (including Ronny) are paid professionals, not Laker Girls. We have cheerleaders for a reason. Ronny looks like a bafoon celebrating every single decent play like he just won a gold medal.

Registering a new account and posting in your own thread makes you look even stupider.
DG3
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject:

He had open heart surgery and I am sure he is happy to be in playing basketball again in the league and is set for life financially.He would probably play for free right now.I don't think you'll see him take anything for granted ever.
reincarnatingDaBulls
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:45 pm    Post subject:

How many more 'I Hate the Thread Starter' posts before this thing gets locked??? lol
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:54 pm    Post subject:

If there was ever a better example of "you can't please everyone" than this, I don't know what it is.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:11 pm    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
Just imagine what it is like making the NBA. Now imagine what is like making the NBA after open heart surgery. I would thank everyday I were there...

I understand him. I play basketball as hard as I possibly can, diving after loose balls in pick up games, boxing out, doing all the little things in mere pick up games. I LOVE basketball. It's my "get away". When life's hardships get in the way, there's always a nearby court that can take them away.

Now imagine thinking you find out you're about to be PAID to play that game, that you'd otherwise play for FREE and just as hard. Then to have that dream taken away and you have to have open heart surgery.

I imagine Turiaf has a greater appreciation for the game than nearly anyone in the arenas, save for a few guys.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
awsmori
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:31 pm    Post subject:

osj wrote:
i went and checked the highlights, and i kinda get what awsmori is saying. i'm really happy for ronny, but the way he reacts to every single basket really is pretty bizarre.

Thank you!!

Dont get me wrong people, i have nothing against heart and i know he's excited about being in the NBA and surviving his heart surgery, but cmon!! He's beein here like over a month now, and dont you think the cheering like a fan when the score is tied at 0, YES ZERO!!! is a bit to much. I just think its time now to understand and analyze the teams offense, defense, and even the opponent.
Bill Walton: Boris Diaw is the Shakesperean era of Romanticism
rchanou
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject:

How can you even complain about this guy? You should be happy for him. You should also be happy that he is so amped up about every field goal and defensive stops. Every little thing counts.
orwell
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:35 pm    Post subject:

awsmori wrote:
Dont get me wrong people, i have nothing against heart and i know he's excited about being in the NBA and surviving his heart surgery, but cmon!! He's beein here like over a month now, and dont you think the cheering like a fan when the score is tied at 0, YES ZERO!!! is a bit to much. I just think its time now to understand and analyze the teams offense, defense, and even the opponent.

Leave Ronny Turiaf alone, man-ong!
gng930
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:43 pm    Post subject:

Dude...seriously...find something better to do like helping Mitch look for a new job this summer.
awsmori
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:46 pm    Post subject:

eldrunko714 wrote:
Kimi Raikkonen wrote:
I agree with the guy that started the thread. These guys (including Ronny) are paid professionals, not Laker Girls. We have cheerleaders for a reason. Ronny looks like a bafoon celebrating every single decent play like he just won a gold medal.

Registering a new account and posting in your own thread makes you look even stupider.

Dude this isnt me.

What the hell is wrong with you people, i am all about the Lakers winning!! and not about how a scrub cheers on the bench. 90% of you Posts here everyday whining about everything! about how Sasha doesnt score, Odoms horrible play (w/ch i agree), etc, etc. So please dont tell me about stop whining. At lease i whine at a scrub and not a player who actually is part of the rotation. Maybe you guys arent really for the winning but for people who cheer.
Bill Walton: Boris Diaw is the Shakesperean era of Romanticism
bornaLAfan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject:

get out here with this pointless thread!!!

Passionate players are the best cuz u know what ur getting out of them every night. id take Ronny on the bench cheering then a good power forwad that plays jus for the money and complains to the refs all game long any day.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: