Should Jeanie step down as board director?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Jeanie step down as board director?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 151 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 75 ]
Total Votes : 226

PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Broussard says Lakers are doing things backwards by not having a FO in place first

Anyone with a brain realizes this except our idiot owner
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:59 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
It's on Jeanie now, and her next decisions had better be good ones, lest the public who's trust is at stake starts voting with their wallets.

The Lakers could be crappy for a lot longer without feeling any financial repercussions. They have a long, long, long wait for season seats, and their TV deal runs through for at least another decade.

Agreed, but if they suck for that decade - which, let's face it, with the current ownership/management seems a horrifying possibility - all of that could be tough for the org to maintain going forward.

I don't see how anyone can presume to predict what situation any team will be in in a decade. Most of the players now in the league will be out of it. Heck guessing five years into the future is a stretch. No one on the Lakers is currently signed for more than three years.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

Lakers making a catastrophic mistake not to replace Magic — Chris Mannix

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:19 pm    Post subject:

I voted no. I think she should keep it in the family. The move would be to woo Jerry West.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are the Laughingstock of the NBA since Jeannie took over - Skip Bayless

Bballguru5000
Star Player
Star Player

Location: Born and Raised in Los Angeles, now living in Manhattan, NY.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
As I opined in this space the other day, despite the fact that the Buss family owns the team, the Lakers are in many ways a public trust. Jeanie Buss is the head of the franchise because that’s what her father wanted, and based on that I assume the good doctor thought she was the most qualified of his children to take that mantle.

Well, Dr. Buss has been gone for 6 years, and we haven’t made the playoffs for 6 years. I have been rooting for Jeanie and given her every benefit of the doubt along the way.

Up until two years ago we were told endlessly, including by Jeanie in a few ominous interviews, that it was all Jim’s fault. Well, he’s gone now, and Jeanie and apparently her BFF Linda Rambis are running the team. So are they up to the task or not?

Magic leaving the way he did was a disaster and unfair to Jeanie for him to do that, and the way he did it. But she’s in charge now, so it’s up to her to figure it out and get it done. Or not.

To date, she has done nothing imo to justify the faith that her father placed in her. So it seems to this Laker fan that it’s time for her to produce results. That’s business. The fact that she’s a woman is meaningless to me. She’s in charge, and the success/failure of the team is her responsibility in the end.

If she’s not up to the task, then she should sell the team. This organization is now undeniably a train wreck. It’s up to Jeanie Buss to fix it or get out. The end.

The fact of the matter is.. the Lakers organization isn't a public trust. You, nor I have any say on who runs or sells their ownership stake.

I'm not talking in literal terms here as I'm sure you're aware. But they are indeed a public trust in the figurative sense, in terms of their dependency on the support of their fans in Los Angeles, the team's overall financial/emotional impact on the L.A. area, and also the fact that they have fans around the globe.

Jeanie Buss can obviously do what she wants insofar as her role in the ownership/organizational structure permits. But she also has a tacit obligation to the org and its stakeholders - and fans - to do a good job. Not to mention honoring the great leadership provided by her late father, which I'm assuming is something that would be important to her.

As a Lakers fan of over 50 years now, I'm deeply disappointed in what we've been witnessing the past few years. And the way Magic Johnson departed the team last week was an utter disgrace. Jeanie Buss has been in charge of the org since her father passed away in 2013. Magic left her looking silly, and the brother is no longer there to take the blame for the problems. It's on Jeanie now, and her next decisions had better be good ones, lest the public who's trust is at stake starts voting with their wallets.

Just because something is one way today doesn't mean it will be that way tomorrow. The Lakers have enjoyed the trust of their public for decades. But that trust can and will erode if things don't get better.

It's already starting to erode. This is the first time I can remember that the public is turning on the ownership group. Fans did have issue with Jim, but there was always Jeannie in the background, looked at by fans as a sort of savior. Fans have all but lost patience with that family. And it has been well deserved. The decision making has been horrid. And they continue making poor decisions. Obvious ones, too. Ones every fan, media pundit can see from a mile away. They just don't want to help themselves. And Jeannie's ego (her ridiculous 'optics') is getting in the way of her decision making.

Now we know how Knicks fans feel.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:03 pm    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/Audeezy_/status/1119338106316967936

Man she can't even follow her father's advice
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:34 pm    Post subject:

Jerry West is bringing KD to the clippers too. Thanks jeanie
Kobefied
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:29 am    Post subject:

The only Buss that ever should have been on the board of directors was Jerry.

His kids never earned a dime in their lives - they are self-entitled wannabes - and their crybaby antics have ruined the team.

Wish some large corporation would come and buy the Lakers and could be rid of the idiot Buss kids forever.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:40 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
activeverb wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
It's on Jeanie now, and her next decisions had better be good ones, lest the public who's trust is at stake starts voting with their wallets.

The Lakers could be crappy for a lot longer without feeling any financial repercussions. They have a long, long, long wait for season seats, and their TV deal runs through for at least another decade.

Agreed, but if they suck for that decade - which, let's face it, with the current ownership/management seems a horrifying possibility - all of that could be tough for the org to maintain going forward.

I don't see how anyone can presume to predict what situation any team will be in in a decade. Most of the players now in the league will be out of it. Heck guessing five years into the future is a stretch. No one on the Lakers is currently signed for more than three years.

Note the words "if" and "possibility" in my comment.

Here's hoping Jeanie pulls things together going forward and affirms the faith her father had in her.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

I can't remember which way I voted but if she hires Rambis as PoBO, I'm changing my vote to yes.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:26 am    Post subject:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/lakers/la-sp-lakers-coach-search-20190423-story.html

When Bill Plaschke is killing you and getting it right, you know you've reached the Twilight Zone.

Maybe they can use a hologram of Rod Serling to coach the team.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:28 am    Post subject:

Kobefied wrote:
The only Buss that ever should have been on the board of directors was Jerry.

His kids never earned a dime in their lives - they are self-entitled wannabes - and their crybaby antics have ruined the team.

Wish some large corporation would come and buy the Lakers and could be rid of the idiot Buss kids forever.

Don't see it unless they really want the money badly. From what I'm seeing they are getting relatively moderate income to continue living their lifestyle plus they have the importance of owning an NBA so I don't see them letting go of it anytime soon.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

If we don't get to the playoffs this next year, yes, she needs to go.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:13 am    Post subject:

I’ll wait until after free agency to vote. But like someone in the media said yesterday, we just may LUCK our way into this if we acquire a Kawhi or someone else.

Basically I want the Lakers to have the best people at every department. Not cut corners like a family business.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

If we hire a new coach before we hire a new PBO. I'm going to lose whatever hope I have left.
twisted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject:

Linda? To interview a coach? Really?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:57 am    Post subject:

Jeanie still doesn’t recognize that there is an NBA. She fights to consolidate her Laker power while the rest of the league laughs at her.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
If we hire a new coach before we hire a new PBO. I'm going to lose whatever hope I have left.

It is unbelievably ass backwards, what is the rush for a coach?

Next game is in October.
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Dear @lakers
why do you do this to me? Do you realize there are fans out here that really care? This is seven years of this (bleep). Are you just gonna get more one year contracts in pursuit of a Star? I don’t give a (bleep) about a star, build a team that loves and plays together.

-Flea
laker4life
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:36 pm    Post subject:

If we have two more years of no playoffs, Jeanie needs to go.

Something needs to happen.

You have Lebron, you need to get his coach or players.

This is pathetic.
TheWave
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
kikanga wrote:

It is unbelievably ass backwards, what is the rush for a coach?

Next game is in October.

We have the draft process, free agency, summer league, etc it would be nice to have a coaching staff in place to give there input on these things.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

HOW I MISS JIMMY BUSS!!!!
socalsp3
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:02 pm    Post subject:

lakers lowballing coaches. I guess TW $2 billion contract isn’t enough to hire a decent coach. The clown show continues...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
HOW I MISS JIMMY BUSS!!!!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15
Jump to: