Should Jeanie step down as board director?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Should Jeanie step down as board director?
Yes
66%
 66%  [ 151 ]
No
33%
 33%  [ 75 ]
Total Votes : 226

msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:05 pm    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
You know I’m tired of jerry west (bleep) their has been many chances to sign him for an office job and the lakers passed on him hmmmmmm why...

If you don’t like the products don’t buy it. .....

Given how poorly the lakers have been runned the last few years, it's indicative of the FO's incompetence to pass on Jerry West.

If he was so great, why’d GSW let him leave and why did they celebrate when he left?
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:30 pm    Post subject:

I know I sound like a broken record, but she need to sell to Stan Kroenke who can pay the Buss family cash and sell the Nuggets to them.
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 12:31 pm    Post subject:

I know I sound like a broken record, but she need to sell to Stan Kroenke who can pay the Buss family cash and swap the Nuggets with them.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:31 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

I'm sure Phil taught her all about that

If we're gonna do something Hippy Phillish maybe someone can burn sage around all of the Lakers' facilities, including the front office, practice facility, and Staples floor and locker room. Clean out the many malevolent poltergeists.
mastersworddude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:35 pm    Post subject:

Looks like Mr."Ballz" got one over on you Jeanie.
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:07 pm    Post subject:

NO!
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

mastersworddude wrote:

Who?
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:14 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
I know I sound like a broken record, but she need to sell to Stan Kroenke who can pay the Buss family cash and sell the Nuggets to them.

I'm sorry, the Buss clan is not selling....dream on.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Been a hardcore Lakers fan for 40+ years. This new team is old, unlikable, and just a desperate dumpster fire. Goodbye.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

msb212 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
samnizam wrote:
You know I’m tired of jerry west (bleep) their has been many chances to sign him for an office job and the lakers passed on him hmmmmmm why...

If you don’t like the products don’t buy it. .....

Given how poorly the lakers have been runned the last few years, it's indicative of the FO's incompetence to pass on Jerry West.

If he was so great, why’d GSW let him leave and why did they celebrate when he left?

West left GSW on his own accord

However, he offered his services to jeanie and co, which they rejected due to Magic.

That's why the FO's is seen as incompetent. They didn't fail to seek west; they refused him outright despite his pleas.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:

Who?

Lakers owner Jeanie Buss on Clippers owner Steve Ballmer: ‘Didn’t Ballz see what we did to my brother?’

Quote:

The Clippers are intent on moving into a new arena in Inglewood. Their opposition:

Knicks owner James Dolan, whose company owns the nearby Forum and wants to protect that building as the area’s premier entertainment space
Lakers owner Jeanie Buss, whose team currently shares an arena with the Clippers, which helps keep the Clippers as Los Angeles’ second-class team

As the Clippers revealed their plan to move, Buss emailed with Lakers executive Linda Rambis and Irving Azoff, a music executive close to Dolan.

Buss in an email, via Nathan Fenno of The Los Angeles Times:

“Didn’t Ballz see what we did to my brother?? He will have nothing but Clippers basketball. Whoopee.”

I’m not sure which aspect of this email I enjoy more:

Buss calling Ballmer “Ballz,” a nickname that is now sure to stick. Let’s get a Lakers-Clippers rivalry cooking.

or

Buss using her own brother (probably Jim, though maybe Johnny) as an example of what happens to someone who crosses her. That’s some real Corleone stuff.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:24 am    Post subject:

Quote:
While everyone is comparing the two great lineups of today’s Clippers and Lakers, let’s compare the two front offices as perhaps an outsider like Leonard would view them.

Ballmer, West, Frank and Rivers …versus … Buss and Pelinka? That’s a mismatch. That’s a knockout. That’s getting Clippered.

In the wake of Friday’s news, one recalls a March story by The Times’ Nathan Fenno in which several email exchanges between Lakers officials involving the Clippers’ proposed new Inglewood arena are revealed. In one from 2017, Buss refers to Ballmer as “Ballz,’’ vows to squash his arena hopes, and sarcastically cites her opinion of his team.

“Didn’t Ballz see what we did to my brother?? He will have nothing but Clippers basketball. Whoopee.’’

On a day when the Clippers’ front office has turned them into Southern California’s premier pro basketball destination, her rivals actually would agree with her.

The Lakers owner is right, Clippers basketball, whoopee!

Source:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kawhi-leonard-lakers-clippers-front-office-20190706-story.html

2 words to sum this up: TASTELESS & DISGUSTING

Just shows what a terrible person she is.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:29 am    Post subject:

Why are people acting like the Clipps won the title? What if the Lakers win the chip this season or even next? People acting like the Lakers can't make any moves are absurd. We have some really good trade assets if things don't work out this year. Some nice expiring deals.

Let me just note that Doc Rivers is the most overrated coach of all time. The guy has had stacked after stacked roster and he has one title. He overachieves last year and now what?
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:32 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:
Quote:
While everyone is comparing the two great lineups of today’s Clippers and Lakers, let’s compare the two front offices as perhaps an outsider like Leonard would view them.

Ballmer, West, Frank and Rivers …versus … Buss and Pelinka? That’s a mismatch. That’s a knockout. That’s getting Clippered.

In the wake of Friday’s news, one recalls a March story by The Times’ Nathan Fenno in which several email exchanges between Lakers officials involving the Clippers’ proposed new Inglewood arena are revealed. In one from 2017, Buss refers to Ballmer as “Ballz,’’ vows to squash his arena hopes, and sarcastically cites her opinion of his team.

“Didn’t Ballz see what we did to my brother?? He will have nothing but Clippers basketball. Whoopee.’’

On a day when the Clippers’ front office has turned them into Southern California’s premier pro basketball destination, her rivals actually would agree with her.

Source:

https://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-kawhi-leonard-lakers-clippers-front-office-20190706-story.html

That could do be taken out of context.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:35 am    Post subject:

So Lawrence Frank is the Clippers Magic Johnson? Frank gets zero credit? Didn't the Clipps give up just as much if not more to get PG as the Lakers did to get AD. To me, AD is a better player, and he is the youngest of all these great players in this particular argument.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:45 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
Quote:

Source:

How can that be taken out or context??

The emails from 2017 came directly from the Lakers front office.

Let me guess someone hacked Jeanie's Laker email account or the Lakers servers were hacked.

Or Bill Plaschke plagiarized the article.

24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:49 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
Quote:

Source:

Let me guess someone hacked Jeanie's Laker email account or the Lakers servers were hacked.

How do we not know she calls him Ballz to his face? Maybe that is a nickname for him? Even if she is dogging him, I have no problem with her passion for the Lakers. It is family owned. Ballz is that billionaire corporate guy that has taken over the NBA. Oh poor billionaire Ballz lmao! What a joke man. I'll think he will be okay.
KB8SD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 12:56 am    Post subject:

24Legend007 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
Quote:

Source:

How do we not know she calls him Ballz to his face? Maybe that is a nickname for him? Even if she is dogging him, I have no problem with her passion for the Lakers. It is family owned. Ballz is that billionaire corporate guy that has taken over the NBA. Oh poor billionaire Ballz lmao! What a joke man. I'll think he will be okay.

Not a good looking going forward when future free agent superstars will be available.

Both Kawhi and Paul George proved that this summer and last summer.

It's like you would think Jeanie would have learned from her mistakes when they struck out and failed to re sign Dwight Howard, failed to lure Carmelo Anthony in free agency one summer, failed to lure in La Marcus Aldridge another summer.

The list goes on and on.
24Legend007
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:20 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
24Legend007 wrote:
KB8SD wrote:
Quote:

Source:

Not a good looking going forward when future free agent superstars will be available.

Both Kawhi and Paul George proved that this summer and last summer.

It's like you would think Jeanie would have learned from her mistakes when they struck out and failed to re sign Dwight Howard, failed to lure Carmelo Anthony in free agency one summer, failed to lure in La Marcus Aldridge another summer.

The list goes on and on.

Kawhi didn't want to sign with the Clippers because of Buss.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:41 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Lakers gave too much for Anthony Davis based on Magic's idea of bringing in 3 stars. Deviating against the original building a team through the draft plan. We went from having DLO, BI, Randle, Zu..

Smh

Oh, D'Lo, BI, Randle, Zo... D'Lo panned out into a quasi star who's probably destined to bounce around the NBA for most of his career, but do you consider that group one built to take Brawn and AD to the title? That's a miserable group of shooters, man. We kept Kuzma and even he looked more like Devean George at the arc last year (.303). I'd rather have Fisher, Horry, Fox/Ariza. Ingram may or may not become a star, but Randle and Zo? Give us all a break with this dreamland nonsense. Their time is OVER. Six years of April endings. That group of draftees did not pan out for us. I'm not saying they won't with whatever teams they're on now, but BI has the best chance. Only problem is that his game still isn't 2020-ready. Let them go, man. Let them go like Wilson at the end of Cast Away.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:20 am    Post subject:

KB8SD wrote:
Quote:

Source:

Seems like you believe everything you see and read, just like the article making it as if the emails were fact.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

Just what we need ....... another P&M thread
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:28 am    Post subject:

Just what we need ....... another P&M thread
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 5:52 am    Post subject:

I am not knocking mr west, cause he still is family to me, but I doubt he work he is involve is the negotiation to get PG or Kawhi. I read somewhere that he was having dinner with friends and took a phone call and then celebrated with $14k bill after showing the phone to friends. This show me that he gets the updated info, but does not deal on getting it all the detail executed. He is a figure head and a very strong one, but he is too old to do all the work a GM does. IMO
realking24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Disclaimer I’m not trying to bash the front office.

If Jeanie begged and Paid Mr West to come back and to oversee Magic’s roll on a smaller capacity and help shape his son into that roll or not. Would potentially having Mr West in any capacity helped the Lakers with KL Situation. Knowing ahead of time not wasting time on KL or even helping with the recruitment?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 13 of 15
Jump to: