2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Yep, and the 2 players that the Warriors want to re-sign. And even if for some miracle they manage to keep both of them they have a bleak 2019-2020 NBA season

After KD ruptured his Achilles, this might be a blessing in disguise for Warriors.

Can tank without Curry trying to carry a huge load and then get a very good asset in the draft next year.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
KD probably resigns with the Warriors, they’ll be back if not next year then the following. Western Finals is GS vs Lakers assuming AD gets traded here and we get solid supporting cast

I actually think them losing in the Finals made it possible that he resigns because it leaves a bitter taste for this current iteration of the Warriors. They lost instead of breaking up after another championship so they can go on to new ventures.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

If Klay had't gone down the Dubs would have taken this back to Jurassic Park. I see a lot of posters counting them out. THEY'LL BE BACK!!

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Mr. Zero wrote:
It's hard to 3 PEAT

Indeed. Phil Jackson and Red Auerbach seem to be the only ones that have cracked the code.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:41 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
Mr. Zero wrote:
It's hard to 3 PEAT

Indeed. Phil Jackson and Red Auerbach seem to be the only ones that have cracked the code.

Incredible that Phil was able to have 3 separate threepeats in the modern era and was pretty (bleep) close to having a 4th threepeat with Kobe-Gasol. Had Bynum and Ariza been healthy in 08 Finals...
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Yep, and the 2 players that the Warriors want to re-sign. And even if for some miracle they manage to keep both of them they have a bleak 2019-2020 NBA season

After KD ruptured his Achilles, this might be a blessing in disguise for Warriors.

Can tank without Curry trying to carry a huge load and then get a very good asset in the draft next year.

Rest and relaxation is what they need and what better time to do it than next season.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:44 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
If Klay had't gone down the Dubs would have taken this back to Jurassic Park. I see a lot of posters counting them out. THEY'LL BE BACK!!

They are done for next season. Klay and KD will miss all of 2019-2020. This opens up a huge window for every team in the West to steal a finals appearance next season. We're most likely going to go all in for AD and third star now.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
jodeke wrote:

They are done for next season. Klay and KD will miss all of 2019-2020. This opens up a huge window for every team in the West to steal a finals appearance next season. We're most likely going to go all in for AD and third star now.

ACLs and achilles are not easy injuries to recover from at all. Combine that with a declining Draymond and the Warriors as we know them won't be back.
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
jodeke wrote:

ACLs and achilles are not easy injuries to recover from at all. Combine that with a declining Draymond and the Warriors as we know them won't be back.

In addition, Draymond was the 'glue'. Now that there's pretty much nothing left to glue together, he'll be vastly ineffective.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:00 pm    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Mr. Zero wrote:
It's hard to 3 PEAT

Incredible that Phil was able to have 3 separate threepeats in the modern era and was pretty (bleep) close to having a 4th threepeat with Kobe-Gasol. Had Bynum and Ariza been healthy in 08 Finals...

GOAT, although some here don't think he is all that. Weird.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:39 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Rest and relaxation is what they need and what better time to do it than next season.

They'll still have Curry and Draymond. That should be good enough for playoffs. I mean Harden got HOU to the 2nd round with just 1 other allstar on the team.
OKC has 2 all stars. San Antonio had 2 all stars. That should be enough for a postseason birth.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject:

lakerjoshua wrote:
Nobody is talking about Draymond calling a timeout Chris Webber style to choke the game away?

Both teams played great. That tech lost GSW the game.

Cause that didn't lose them the game. Game was already over. No way Draymond hit a shot with .9 secs left while rolling on the floor.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Raptors Executive Accused of Pushing, Hitting Deputy at NBA Finals

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/Sheriffs-Deputy-Struck-in-the-Face-by-Man-Believed-to-be-Raptors-Executive-511282992.html

levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:08 am    Post subject:

What the hell? Masai punched someone?
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Mr. Zero wrote:
It's hard to 3 PEAT

GOAT, although some here don't think he is all that. Weird.

I've always wondering how Phil created such immense karma that put him in position to coach MJ and Kobe to those 3 separate threepeats.

Maybe it was all that acid he dropped back in the day.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:11 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
LakerMindLA wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They'll still have Curry and Draymond. That should be good enough for playoffs. I mean Harden got HOU to the 2nd round with just 1 other allstar on the team.
OKC has 2 all stars. San Antonio had 2 all stars. That should be enough for a postseason birth.

Good. No lottery picks for them
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

Injuries beat the Warriors in 6 🤣🤣
AshesToAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:12 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

They have accomplished everything off of an injured-player-friendly-contract.

The only wrench is the sparkling new building they have waiting for them.

Tough spot.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:14 am    Post subject:

AshesToAshes wrote:
jodeke wrote:

They have accomplished everything off of an injured-player-friendly-contract.

The only wrench is the sparkling new building they have waiting for them.

Tough spot.

That was key..
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:25 am    Post subject:

lakid wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
KobeDunk wrote:
Yes era is starting with 35 year old Lebron. Right ....

West is wide open next year. Warriors are DOA, Nuggets probably still not ready for prime time, Rockets are a mess, Thunder can't stop tripping over themselves, etc.

With what Kawhi just did for toronto as a 1 year rental and a torn ACL for Klay the west is wide open, which means the lakers may luck out and some other team may swoop in and save the lakers front office from themselves. Mortgaging our whole future for a 2 year window of lebron,, that aint the move to make.
I now expect Houston to get ultra aggressive and make the move for Davis. Cp3, Capella, and probably their next 3-4 1st round picks for Davis and I think that will be enough to get the deal done for Griffin

Chris Paul has the worst contract in the league. Trading for him would be worthy of a firing.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:26 am    Post subject:

AD 2019.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:51 am    Post subject:

Curry was even worse then I expected late in games all finals his shooting, passing and just overall decision making leave A LOT to be desired when he's the lone great player on the floor. He also 100% clearly tripped himself when they called a "foul" and sent him to the line late too. That should have ended the game right there.

I don't see Curry carrying a team all season with Draymond as the second best player to the playoffs at all.. That's even with the scenario that he will remain healthy which would be a massive question mark playing him heavy minutes.

Warriors are def. done next season imo as well which leaves the west and really the entire nba wide open.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:52 am    Post subject:

Curry was even worse then I expected late in games all finals his shooting, passing and just overall decision making leave A LOT to be desired when he's the lone great player on the floor. He also 100% clearly tripped himself when they called a "foul" and sent him to the line late too. That should have ended the game right there.

I don't see Curry carrying a team all season with Draymond as the second best player to the playoffs at all.. That's even with the scenario that he will remain healthy which would be a massive question mark playing him heavy minutes.

Warriors are def. done next season imo as well which leaves the west and really the entire nba wide open.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:58 am    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

They will probably run Curry into the ground trying to make the playoffs. He should lead the league in scoring.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:09 am    Post subject:

I think the question that’s going to haunt Warriors fans more than whether or not KD should have played game 5, is the Kerr and his staff holding Klay out of game 3. The Warriors had just beaten Toronto in game 2 and had momentum going into game 3. Klay is forced to sit when it appears he could have played. As a result Steph is the only real option for game 3, puts up 47 and maxes himself out going into game 4. If Klay played, Warriors might have won game 3 and possibly won game 4, or the Craptors might have bounced back and taken game 4. Either way series tied at 2-2 was a real possibility, negating the need for KD in game 5. If the Warriors lose game 5 it saves a KD return for 48 hours later at the very least and possibly the achilles tear doesn’t happen.

Klay being held out of game 3 is Kerr’s Popovich moment of handling Duncan vs the Heat with under a minute.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 442, 443, 444, 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 443 of 447
Jump to: