2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 443, 444, 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:19 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
I think the question that’s going to haunt Warriors fans more than whether or not KD should have played game 5, is the Kerr and his staff holding Klay out of game 3. The Warriors had just beaten Toronto in game 2 and had momentum going into game 3. Klay is forced to sit when it appears he could have played. As a result Steph is the only real option for game 3, puts up 47 and maxes himself out going into game 4. If Klay played, Warriors might have won game 3 and possibly won game 4, or the Craptors might have bounced back and taken game 4. Either way series tied at 2-2 was a real possibility, negating the need for KD in game 5. If the Warriors lose game 5 it saves a KD return for 48 hours later at the very least and possibly the achilles tear doesn’t happen.

Klay being held out of game 3 is Kerr’s Popovich moment of handling Duncan vs the Heat with under a minute.

Or if they let Klay play in Game 3, maybe he completely tears his hamstring and is lost for the series and maybe part of next season too.

We can play this what-if game forever. What if JFK didn't ride in a convertible the day he was shot in Dallas?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:31 am    Post subject:

Daikatana wrote:
WAIT!!!!!!!!!!

Since the Raptors are a Canadian team, does this mean no trip to the white house?

First NBA game Ever was played in Toronto
NOV. 1, 1946: NEW YORK VS. TORONTO
The First Game
https://www.nba.com/history/firstgame_feature.html

Also
They seem to have a high enough collective IQ to not come near that racist pos
5 players form a team and there were The Central Park Five? Who Trump still wanted to kill even after being found not guilty

I wouldn't go there unless I won the presidency
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:53 am    Post subject:

Warriors will max Klay and KD and run it back for the next 5 seasons.

Believe it or not, gonna go out on a limb and say that the media is done trashing the Warriors now.

Something very stupid about the media, is they never appreciate greatness till something terrible like this happens. They want to see the "great team humbled" and will spend forever hating upon them when they seem unbeatable, but the moment they look 'human' they start trying to build them up again.

Next season may be a wash for them, but if they re-sign both Klay and KD, there's no reason they won't be in the Finals discussion for 4 of the next 5 seasons. But I get the feeling the media will be done trashing them for it.

Sucks that's how it works and they refused to truly appreciate them for the last 4 years cause they ended LeBron's dynasty potential in the era they deemed that only he should have overwhelming odds in his favor, but that's how it goes sometimes.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:58 am    Post subject: Re: Warriors era is over. Lakers era starts now!

kobeandgary wrote:
MJST wrote:
lakerdynasty5.0 wrote:
MJST wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:

First they have to make the playoffs.

Then they have to make their Free Throws!

<rant>
I really really do want to root for our Lakers youth, but damn, these wankers can't even make free throws, let alone win 'ships!
</rant>

They need a FO that can actually build around a team first.

The Raptors didn't look that stacked to me. We just over paid for an old star.

Raptors had Kawhi, Siakam, Ibaka, Lowry, Green, Gasol and Vanfleet off the bench.

They were solid all year and Kawhi and KD were looking like the best players in the NBA. But everyone was focused on Harden and Greek Freak.

Too bad we never got the KD vs Kawhi Finals which would have been amazing. But alas, can only wish speedy recoveries and hope we see a Finals rematch after next season.

Far as now goes, AD in 2020 if Rich Paul is really about that life of him being here regardless.

This off-season should be about what consistency we put on our roster and not waste another season on one year contracts while 'hoping' for the best.

lakersken80 wrote:

West is wide open next year. Warriors are DOA, Nuggets probably still not ready for prime time, Rockets are a mess, Thunder can't stop tripping over themselves, etc.

And the Lakers currently are still not better than any of those teams. If the Warriors have to red-shirt next year essentially if they bring back both KD and Klay. Then your best bets in the West to go to the Finals would be The Rockets or The Nuggets. Though it would be very funny if it was the Spurs and Derozan and they faced The Raptors and Kawhi.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:01 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:

Believe it or not, gonna go out on a limb and say that the media is done trashing the Warriors now.

Something very stupid about the media, is they never appreciate greatness till something terrible like this happens. They want to see the "great team humbled" and will spend forever hating upon them when they seem unbeatable, but the moment they look 'human' they start trying to build them up again.

Next season may be a wash for them, but if they re-sign both Klay and KD, there's no reason they won't be in the Finals discussion for 4 of the next 5 seasons. But I get the feeling the media will be done trashing them for it.

Sucks that's how it works and they refused to truly appreciate them for the last 4 years cause they ended LeBron's dynasty potential in the era they deemed that only he should have overwhelming odds in his favor, but that's how it goes sometimes.

I agree that it's way too early to talk about the end of a dynasty. They'll go on a one year hiatus, and pick right back up where they left off. Even if they don't win anymore chips they'll remain in contention as long as they have Steph and Klay on the same team.

I don't agree with the media take.. they seem to fawn over the Warriors. The only guy that really catches heat from the media on that squad is KD.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:

I agree that it's way too early to talk about the end of a dynasty. They'll go on a one year hiatus, and pick right back up where they left off. Even if they don't win anymore chips they'll remain in contention as long as they have Steph and Klay on the same team.

I don't agree with the media take.. they seem to fawn over the Warriors. The only guy that really catches heat from the media on that squad is KD.

And the media will likely be done doing that to him as well. Even if he re-signs with the Warriors on a 5 year max. I think the media is done hating on KD.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:09 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:

And the media will likely be done doing that to him as well. Even if he re-signs with the Warriors on a 5 year max. I think the media is done hating on KD.

Yeah I think it’s been proven the Warriors needed KD badly and the narrative of “he’s a luxury not a necessity” is dead.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:17 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
MJST wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
MJST wrote:

Yeah I think it’s been proven the Warriors needed KD badly and the narrative of “he’s a luxury not a necessity” is dead.

Agreed. Mostly ESPN driven. And others that kept trying to act like the Warriors would still win 73 games and the Finals the last 2 seasons if KD wasn't with them, and you just had to shake your head at it.

But yes, I think that narrative is over with.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:23 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
I think the question that’s going to haunt Warriors fans more than whether or not KD should have played game 5, is the Kerr and his staff holding Klay out of game 3. The Warriors had just beaten Toronto in game 2 and had momentum going into game 3. Klay is forced to sit when it appears he could have played. As a result Steph is the only real option for game 3, puts up 47 and maxes himself out going into game 4. If Klay played, Warriors might have won game 3 and possibly won game 4, or the Craptors might have bounced back and taken game 4. Either way series tied at 2-2 was a real possibility, negating the need for KD in game 5. If the Warriors lose game 5 it saves a KD return for 48 hours later at the very least and possibly the achilles tear doesn’t happen.

Klay being held out of game 3 is Kerr’s Popovich moment of handling Duncan vs the Heat with under a minute.

Or if they let Klay play in Game 3, maybe he completely tears his hamstring and is lost for the series and maybe part of next season too.

We can play this what-if game forever. What if JFK didn't ride in a convertible the day he was shot in Dallas?

It’s not about the what-if game it’s that there were bad decisions made throughout the series and the first domino was not allowing Klay to play game 3 when he was physically able to even in limited minutes. He wasn’t so banged up that the chances of a tear were as high as in the case of KD. He lobbied to play and was kept out. Evidence shows that there would have been a higher chance of them winning game 3 if he played.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ReaListik wrote:

It’s not about the what-if game it’s that there were bad decisions made throughout the series and the first domino was not allowing Klay to play game 3 when he was physically able to even in limited minutes. He wasn’t so banged up that the chances of a tear were as high as in the case of KD. He lobbied to play and was kept out. Evidence shows that there would have been a higher chance of them winning game 3 if he played.

Are you sure he was able to safely play in Game 3?

I don't think any of us know anything more about that than what was reported in the media. Therefore, all we can surmise is that if he did play in Game 3, there was a significant risk of fully tearing his hamstring.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:28 am    Post subject:

If Klay had played Game 3 and gotten hurt then what?

They still were going to push it to 7 today till Green fouled Klay and he tore his ACL.

So...again... if Green doesn't foul Klay and cause him to go down awkwardly and this series is headed 7 are people saying "Klay should have played Game 3"?
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:45 am    Post subject:

slavavov wrote:
ReaListik wrote:
slavavov wrote:
ReaListik wrote:

Are you sure he was able to safely play in Game 3?

I don't think any of us know anything more about that than what was reported in the media. Therefore, all we can surmise is that if he did play in Game 3, there was a significant risk of fully tearing his hamstring.

I just think Warriors fans have a right to be upset with how the injuries basically robbed them of the title. The fact that there’s even this amount of discussion about if players are able to come back from these injuries is telling of how abnormal the situation was. The Warriors held Klay out as a being cautious kind of move. He said he wanted to get in there and couldn’t see himself missing it. Oh well hopefully the Lakers get back into it and knock Drake and the Raptors down.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject:

That’s why we play the game. It’s always one injury away. People don’t seem to get it.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:09 am    Post subject:

I dont recall Lakers fans criticizing Gary Vitti or Jerry West when we lost Byron and Magic to hamstring injuries in 89' Finals. You just accept that injuries are a part of playing sports.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
I dont recall Lakers fans criticizing Gary Vitti or Jerry West when we lost Byron and Magic to hamstring injuries in 89' Finals. You just accept that injuries are a part of playing sports.

No the blame went to pat riley

https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1989-06-13-sp-2168-story.html
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:19 am    Post subject:

Yeah Riley ended their chances by running them into the ground right before that finals series in practice.

Saddest thing to, as the run they were on was probably one of the best runs by any Lakers team ever till that moment.

I have no doubt they'd have beaten Detroit.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:23 am    Post subject:

Warriors can add KD and Klay to their list of damaged goods stars. Look at what happened to Boogie Cousins after coming back from achilles tendon surgery. That's why I wouldn't touch KD with a 10-foot pole. They can have KD and Klay at max and supermax along with probably the highest luxury tax penalty.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:30 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Warriors can add KD and Klay to their list of damaged goods stars. Look at what happened to Boogie Cousins after coming back from achilles tendon surgery. That's why I wouldn't touch KD with a 10-foot pole. They can have KD and Klay at max and supermax along with probably the highest luxury tax penalty.

Warriors are kind of stuck. They almost have to offer both players the max because of what they did for the team, knowing that year 1 of the contract will be a throw away season.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject:

I really don't think KD stays. First off, I think it was a done deal many months ago that he was leaving and going to NY. Secondly, if anything, the injury should force him out the door even further. It's no secret about the inner turmoil on that team. The public Draymond-KD spat on the court revealed that even the players knew he was out the door. After he got hurt during the playoffs, the team went on a short-lived run (as it turned out) where they won a few games in a row, and the narrative became "we don't even need KD." Then as they got behind in the Finals and it turned out, oh crap, we need KD, the narrative turned to "Klay is coming back to play, Looney is coming back to play, why isn't KD playing?" Who do you think leaked that info? That pressure came, at least in part, from the team, either from management or from teammates. Yes, KD ultimately made the decision to play, but if the Warriors really, truly thought Durant was staying, there's no way in hell they push him to play. They would've realized that they would still have great chances to win more rings with KD under contract for a few more years, and they wouldn't have risked anything.

Anyhow, I don't see how this injury changes anything. I think he's gone. Klay, on the other hand, will almost certainly still be offered the full max.
M2K
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:47 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
Daiei wrote:
ONLY THE ELITE THREEPEAT

The Warriors are as elite as teams get. It took injuries to half their top 6 to lose.

miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:56 am    Post subject:

I heard some where that maxing KD and Klay will cost Lacob a ton of money in luxury tax. They have to resign Dray too, which Lacob wants to be a Warrior for life. Not sure if the amount is true, but I heard it's close to $1billion on luxury tax penalties if they resign all 3.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:22 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
That’s why we play the game. It’s always one injury away. People don’t seem to get it.
BINGO!!
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:24 am    Post subject:

Kawhi is so (bleep) good.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:27 am    Post subject:

M2K wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Daiei wrote:
ONLY THE ELITE THREEPEAT

The Warriors are as elite as teams get. It took injuries to half their top 6 to lose.

troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

With Klay Thompson out for most of the 19/20 season, Durant likely gone for good, and Steph a year older, yes, I'd say the Warriors great dynasty has officially died. Thing was, they should have been a shoe-in for a 3-peat.

While not good news for Warrior fans, the fall of the Warriors opens the door for the lakers. Why? Houston is done. They are in full rebuild mode. The Spurs are beatable. As are the Clippers, assuming KL doesn't go to them. Denver is impressive, but I think they over acheived. Portland will always be a bridesmaid team. And the Thunder are breaking down age and injuires and contracts as well.

If we get AD, or some other superstar player, and if we get the right supporting players in here, barring injuries, we can take the wide open West next season...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 443, 444, 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 444 of 447
Jump to: