2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oasisdude77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 8:47 am    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Username wrote:
Sounds like we've got a group of posters ready to go start ClippersGround.net.

Good luck, fellas.

Not really. There used to be a time when it felt like WarriorsGround.net until they became really annoying.

I expect this to be Warriors in 5 unless they take a game off and it becomes Warriors in 6. I wonder if they will be lazier this postseason but we’ll see. Only way I’d give the Clippers the edge is if GS loses 3 of its top 4 players to injury and I’m not talking about Boogie.

Lol, so true. And not to mention how 710 ESPN feels like the same way. I get they all cowtow to Klay because of Mychal, but it's become absurd. It almost feels like we're in the Bay Area market.
ringfinger
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:06 am    Post subject:

Always hated the Clippers, but, they don't have as many hateable players now that CP3 is gone.
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:09 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
Always hated the Clippers, but, they don't have as many hateable players now that CP3 is gone.

Ya hard to hate a bunch of solid players playing their heart out vs GS. Its refreshing after watching our trash team past season
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:20 am    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:

Pat Bev makes up for all their un-hateable players
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
ringfinger wrote:

Pat Bev makes up for all their un-hateable players

The Lakers need to go after Durant and Beverley. Durant always joins with those who have his number.
Will2Win
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:20 am    Post subject:

I was very impressed with the heart that the clippers played with, that was a well deserved win on their part. I don't think they get another game though, as they essentially have now essentially told the Warriors "you want to beat us, then you will need to beat us beyond senseless" and that is what they will get. But proud to at least see an LA team play with a lot of fight for once
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

A 31 point lead disappeared. That's what happens when you take your foot off the pedal. They let up and couldn't restart the engine when the Clippers started their surge. I don't think that will happen again. The Dubs thought this one was in the bag. A lesson learned.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:28 am    Post subject:

Imagine if future MVP Zubac had bothered to show up to play! Clippers might have won by 20.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 10:29 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
A 31 point lead disappeared. That's what happens when you take your foot off the pedal. They let up and couldn't restart the engine when the Clippers started their surge. I don't think that will happen again. The Dubs thought this one was in the bag. A lesson learned.

Someone's got to complain about Kerr's substitutions no?
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:21 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:

Good luck, fellas.

Yes, imagine people posting about playoff teams in a thread about the playoffs. Who would have thought.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:32 am    Post subject:

According to Jalen Rose. Since the all star break the GSW had the most efficient post up offense in the league. I imagine their passing out of the post was what made them so efficient. They turned postups into wide open catch and shoots on the weak side.

Boogie going down is big.

Teams will exploit their paint defense now as well. Like Harrell did last night.
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:35 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:

Good luck, fellas.

Yes, imagine people posting about playoff teams in a thread about the playoffs. Who would have thought.

As if the fawning over the Clippers on this board is relegated to the playoffs thread.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:37 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
According to Jalen Rose. Since the all star break the GSW had the most efficient post up offense in the league. I imagine their passing out of the post was what made them so efficient. They turned postups into wide open catch and shoots on the weak side.

Teams will exploit their paint defense now as well. Like Harrell did last night.

How was Boogie on defense?
I had read one headline that the Clippers were going to try to exploit him on both ends of the court. I didnt quite understand the headline re: the exploiting him on his offensive end, but I thought it meant he wasn't a good defender overall. Alas, I should have clicked the article.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:54 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
kikanga wrote:

I had read one headline that the Clippers were going to try to exploit him on both ends of the court. I didnt quite understand the headline re: the exploiting him on his offensive end, but I thought it meant he wasn't a good defender overall. Alas, I should have clicked the article.

Center defense is probably the most nuanced defensive assignment in the league. No one player is more responsible on that side of the ball than the Center.
That's why even the smartest analysts tread carefully when it comes to defensive analytics.
So I can only speak generally. He's a good paint defender but an iffy perimeter defender. But everything improves if he finds offensive success that game.
He's a better weak side paint defender than a pick and roll defender.Top tier PGs and big men who are perimeter threats can work him in the pick and roll. But all those near the basket paint buckets Lou got without a screen, those are much harder with a healthy Boogie.

He's a mixed bag. Best thing you can do for him is get him involved offensively. Then everything about his game shoots up dramatically. That's why Kerr coached him the way he did after All Star break.

Last edited by kikanga on Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:59 am; edited 2 times in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 11:56 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
epak wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Center defense is probably the most nuanced defensive assignment in the league. No one player is more responsible on that side of the ball than the Center.
That's why even the smartest analysts tread carefully when it comes to defensive analytics.
So I can only speak generally. He's a good paint defender but an iffy perimeter defender. But everything improves if he finds offensive success that game.
He's a better weak side paint defender than a pick and roll defender.Top tier PGs and big men who are perimeter threats can work him in the pick and roll. But all those near the basket paint buckets Lou got without a screen, those are much harder with a healthy Boogie.

He's a mixed bag. Best thing you can do for him is get him involved offensively. Then everything about his game shoots up dramatically. That's why Kerr coached him the way he did after All Star break.

Gracias
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Was this the article?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Joel Embiid is such a dirty cnut. He gets away with it because he's so big and jokes around though. 1:05 into this video shows the best view of when he elbowed Allen, completely intentional IMO and he should've been ejected. If Boogie had done the same thing, he'd have been ejected for sure. Then Embiid lied about the intent and laughed over it too (along with Simmons) in the post-game interview. He also tried to pass off the laughing saying that Simmons was laughing "because he's usually a humble guy" and is therefore presumably laughing because he's humbling himself to make an apology? Yeah right... I think Simmons was laughing because he knew Embiid was lying about it being intentional and the way he worded his apology in particular, "I got him pretty good and I'm sorry about it". Either way, hope the Nets knock him and the 76ers out. He and his ego need to be taken down a notch or two.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:06 pm; edited 3 times in total
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:58 pm    Post subject:

I know it’s unlikely but if the Magic find a way to get Game 2 and have a 2-0 lead that would be good news for us no?

The sooner Kawhi gets ousted the more likely he’s gonna want to play with LeBron because he’s gonna want to be the missing piece as opposed to going to the Clippers and being the man.... am I right or wrong?
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Joel Embiid is such a dirty cnut. He gets away with it because he's so big and jokes around though. 1:05 into this video shows the best view of when he elbowed Allen, completely intentional IMO and he should've been ejected. If Boogie had done the same thing, he'd have been ejected for sure. Then Embiid lied about the intent and laughed over it too (along with Simmons) in the post-game interview. He also tried to pass off the laughing saying that Simmons was laughing "because he's usually a humble guy" and is therefore presumably laughing because he's humbling himself to make an apology? Yeah right... I think Simmons was laughing because he knew Embiid was lying about it being intentional and the way he worded his apology in particular, "I got him pretty good and I'm sorry about it". Either way, hope the Nets knock him and the 76ers out. He and his ego need to be taken down a notch or two.

Same. I don't like him at all.
He thinks he's funnier than he is and tbh he comes off as very tone deaf with a lot of the things he says. He's annoying and I hope someone knocks his teeth out (unintentionally)
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:37 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
I know it’s unlikely but if the Magic find a way to get Game 2 and have a 2-0 lead that would be good news for us no?

The sooner Kawhi gets ousted the more likely he’s gonna want to play with LeBron because he’s gonna want to be the missing piece as opposed to going to the Clippers and being the man.... am I right or wrong?

I think the biggest factor in us getting Kawhi will be how he is being "wooed" by Jeanie/Pelinka and whoever else they task with the job. I sincerely hope they aren't assuming anything is in the bag simply because we are the Lakers and that they aren't doing everything they can to sell him on joining us. Kawhi is a superstar, the best FA we can get and will probably be more important to us on the court than Lebron if he joins IMO, and needs to be recruited as such. It wouldn't surprise me if they aren't though.

PLATNUM wrote:
He thinks he's funnier than he is and tbh he comes off as very tone deaf with a lot of the things he says. He's annoying and I hope someone knocks his teeth out (unintentionally)

Glad I'm not the only one!
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

Ross is just driving up his next contract game by game.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 4:55 pm    Post subject:

PLATNUM wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

he has always came off like a huge dbag in my opinion.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:27 pm    Post subject:

nvm

Last edited by pjiddy on Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:35 pm    Post subject:

He has a LONG ways to go, but seeing Kawhi kill it from midrange against Orlando makes me so excited to see BI continue to develop. Especially once he gets a respectable 3 point shot.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Lol totally forgot McKechnie works for the Raptors now. Another guy with probably less than glowing things to say about our organization.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 21 of 447
Jump to: