2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
GSW is a better team with an ISO player like KD.

They aren't as talented but the truth is, KD hurts what makes them dominant.

Don't build around ISO players. Build around TEAM players and people who make each other better.

Team players that actually can score either inside or outside.

Klay can't score inside or off the bounce at an elite level.
Draymond is a horrible outside shooter, so is IGGY.

You don't need players who are perfect at everything.
You need a system and players that make each other better.

Well let's keep in mind that it helps having 2 of the best shooters ever

If you think this is the first time 2 great shooters have been on the court at the same time on the same team, I suggest you look up NBA history.

Check out Dirk and Nash...yeah, they played together too.

Mullins/Richmond.
Ray Allen/Kyle Korver.

Steph and Klay are on another level, to be sure. Their shooting isn't what separates them. It's the team around them that gets them open, shares the ball and allows them to be the best possible versions of themselves.

TEAM over ISO Ball.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:06 pm    Post subject:

So hopefully the Bucks go 6 or 7 with Toronto.
GSW rests and gets KD and Boogie ready for game 1.
And lets see. Put up or shut up time.

Baby Bucks, are you ready for prime time?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

The threat of Curry and Klay's immaculate shooting makes everyone they play with appear to be better than they are

You got 2 snipers running around all over the place...one missed assignment/switch and it's a bucket. Which causes guys to overreact and often times forces teams to choose between giving up the 3 or the slip layup.

This is the reason why we won't be a legitimate contender until we move Ingram and or Kuzma and or maybe even Ball too. At least 1 has to go.

We need at least 2 snipers in the starting 5. If the starting 5 consists of Lonzo, LeBron and Ingram, that leaves room for a stretch and a shooter at the 2 spot. You ain't finding a good stretch for cheap. And if we sign a max that player most likely won't be a true sniper. Probably a good shooter but not a sniper, then we are left with only 1 spot for a shooter. If there's only 1 true shooter in the lineup that's almost as good as none because the defense can key in easily on only one shooter .That's why Ingram has to go. And maybe more.

It's 2019 you ain't winning the title with 1 shooter. You need at least 3 or 4 snipers in the damn rotation.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Don't build around ISO players. Build around TEAM players and people who make each other better.

If you think this is the first time 2 great shooters have been on the court at the same time on the same team, I suggest you look up NBA history.

Mullins/Richmond.
Ray Allen/Kyle Korver.

Steph and Klay are on another level, to be sure. Their shooting isn't what separates them. It's the team around them that gets them open, shares the ball and allows them to be the best possible versions of themselves.

TEAM over ISO Ball.

I know. Just saying Steph is deadlier than anyone in history and Klay is almost as good a shooter, that makes everything easier.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:11 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Curry sounded like Boogie and KD will be ready for the finals.

If Boogie is ready, that is good news for whoever comes out of the East.

Why?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:12 pm    Post subject:

And to piggy back on what I said above, even if you did sign a good stretch for cheap , say Lopez, I still wouldn't want him as the backbone to LeBron's terrible defense even as a stretch.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:13 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
And to piggy back on what I said above, even if you did sign a good stretch for cheap , say Lopez, I still wouldn't want him as the backbone to LeBron's terrible defense even as a stretch.

So u think LeBron plays same defense in playoffs that he does on regular season?

Great
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:

So u think LeBron plays same defense in playoffs that he does on regular season?

Great

No but I still don't like a defensive liability center. My ideal lineup is multiple shooters on the perimeter, LeBron and a good defensive big. But obviously Lonzo and Ingram ruin this
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Why?

because I think they are clearly a worse team with him on the court....and Kerr will play him decent minutes if he is healthy. In my opinion, GSW is at their best with Looney is at the 5. Getting him his touches just hurts their offense.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:16 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
The threat of Curry and Klay's immaculate shooting makes everyone they play with appear to be better than they are

You got 2 snipers running around all over the place...one missed assignment/switch and it's a bucket. Which causes guys to overreact and often times forces teams to choose between giving up the 3 or the slip layup.

This is the reason why we won't be a legitimate contender until we move Ingram and or Kuzma and or maybe even Ball too. At least 1 has to go.

We need at least 2 snipers in the starting 5. If the starting 5 consists of Lonzo, LeBron and Ingram, that leaves room for a stretch and a shooter at the 2 spot. You ain't finding a good stretch for cheap. And if we sign a max that player most likely won't be a true sniper. Probably a good shooter but not a sniper, then we are left with only 1 spot for a shooter. If there's only 1 true shooter in the lineup that's almost as good as none because the defense can key in easily on only one shooter .That's why Ingram has to go. And maybe more.

It's 2019 you ain't winning the title with 1 shooter. You need at least 3 or 4 snipers in the damn rotation.

I think you're looking at this the wrong way.

The people around Klay and Steph acknowledge that their best OUTSIDE shots are the ones those 2 take.

That team wants to win. They do everything in their power to get those guys open. They set screens, move without the ball and dive to the rim to take advantage of any team hedging/overplaying the guy coming off the screen.

Steph and Klay wouldn't be able to sustain their level of shooting if they had to create it all on their own.

GSW's role players wouldn't be able to make the best basketball play for the TEAM if they didn't trust Steph and Klay to make the RIGHT PLAY, not just gun it.

Symbiosis. GSW has it from the top down. The only other player who can create that level of Symbiosis at a championship level is Lebron James. That's why you put shooters around him and have the team focused on doing all of the things they need to if you want to take advantage of LeBron's passing and scoring dominance.

Build around TEAM PLAYERS and their STRENGTHS, not a specific skillset if it doesn't elevate the team or if the player doesn't value making the RIGHT PLAY.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LKA wrote:

I think you're looking at this the wrong way.

The people around Klay and Steph acknowledge that their best OUTSIDE shots are the ones those 2 take.

That team wants to win. They do everything in their power to get those guys open. They set screens, move without the ball and dive to the rim to take advantage of any team hedging/overplaying the guy coming off the screen.

Steph and Klay wouldn't be able to sustain their level of shooting if they had to create it all on their own.

GSW's role players wouldn't be able to make the best basketball play for the TEAM if they didn't trust Steph and Klay to make the RIGHT PLAY, not just gun it.

Symbiosis. GSW has it from the top down. The only other player who can create that level of Symbiosis at a championship level is Lebron James. That's why you put shooters around him and have the team focused on doing all of the things they need to if you want to take advantage of LeBron's passing and scoring dominance.

Build around TEAM PLAYERS and their STRENGTHS, not a specific skillset if it doesn't elevate the team or if the player doesn't value making the RIGHT PLAY.

That's why I said we need to move Ingram and Lonzo and add shooters
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:22 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Why?

because I think they are clearly a worse team with him on the court....and Kerr will play him decent minutes if he is healthy. In my opinion, GSW is at their best with Looney is at the 5. Getting him his touches just hurts their offense.

OK, kinda agree. However I don't think it's good news for whoever comes out of the East. Cousins can be a force if used correctly,.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

Last edited by jodeke on Mon May 20, 2019 8:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

panamaniac wrote:
Dame couldn't make Steph work on D this series. He no Kyrie.

To be fair, Curry wasn’t guarding Lillard. But he was guarding McCollum and Hood a lot, and Portland couldn’t exploit that matchup at all. Huge credit to Steph. Lillard was getting dominated inside by guys like McKinney while Steph was working his ass off to play defense and grab boards despite his slight frame.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Clearly I was mistaken that Portland would make for a better series than Denver would have lol.

Nurk the broken. But that’s the playoffs. Getting in healthy is part of the season strategy.

True but GSW was going to have to play their ball boy in a minute. They are missing hella folks this series. Didn’t make a difference lol
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:25 pm    Post subject:

When you think about it there's really no reason at all for Lonzo and Ingram to be in the same lineup with LeBron lol

Give LeBron another star then literally put all shooters around him and that's a championship contender recipe. It might not be attractive, people might want to see if the young guys can grow into stars(which I doubt will happen) but it doesn't matter.

We signed LeBron. Everyone knew what that meant. Everyone knows how LeBron wins titles.

With the right team around LeBron there's a good ass chance we can win a couple titles with him before he's done.. there's also a good ass chance he could get ruined by injuries and father time.. but I'll take that chance over relying on the potential of Ingram and Ball... I'll be honest if that's what we are counting on for the future then I don't see us winning. Not with them as the best players even 5 years from now.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:27 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
kobe8One wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:

Mullins/Richmond.
Ray Allen/Kyle Korver.

TEAM over ISO Ball.

I know. Just saying Steph is deadlier than anyone in history and Klay is almost as good a shooter, that makes everything easier.

Or

Steph and Klay have the perfect team around them to become the best possible versions of themselves.

Can you imagine how Ray Allen would developed if he didn't have to create so much off the bounce or had a team who's sole goal was to get him open for the 3 or the best shot??

Reggie Miller?
Steve Nash?
Mark Price?

What makes it so great in this situation is both Klay and Steph are team players. The best shot isn't the one they take but the one that's OPEN. They believe in that and their teammates believe in them.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:30 pm    Post subject:

Congratulations again to the Warriors, if they get healthy they likely win the finals in 4-5 games.

It’s a total team thing they have , three great shooters, very unselfish play, most guys can pass, shoot free throws, and play scrappy defense. Even with a weaker bench this year young guys have stepped it up.

To me the big scheme improvement they have is really only one guy is the driver, mostly Curry, most everyone else gets the layups and dunks off of passes. Not a lot of stationary dribbling, lots of off the ball movement.

I doubt we go like that, but we could use more of it. Less iso and stationary dribbling, more cutting and quick passing. Maybe hitting some actual game time free throws too. The Lakers need a swear jar - give back one percent of your salary for every percent under 80 percent free throws. Shoot 65 percent, give back 15 percent to team charity. Cha-Ching.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

Yeah Steph is probably the most unselfish lethal scorer ever. And it definitely makes a big difference that him and Klay are so unselfish.

But keep in mind that a lot of the reason why they are so unselfish is because of their deadly all time great shooting capability, which opens up the entire court. There's been deadly shooting duos before sure. But not like this one. Not like this guy that hits consistently from anywhere inside halfcourt
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:31 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Why?

They were 23-7 when he played.
At the least I think Boogie gets Bogut minutes.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:34 pm    Post subject:

It's a lot easier to be unselfish when you always have 2 guys jumping at you from 30 feet from the hoop.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:35 pm    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TDRock wrote:
Clearly I was mistaken that Portland would make for a better series than Denver would have lol.

Nurk the broken. But that’s the playoffs. Getting in healthy is part of the season strategy.

True but GSW was going to have to play their ball boy in a minute. They are missing hella folks this series. Didn’t make a difference lol

True. Maybe that’s why the Dubs paced themselves into early deficits? Maybe it was purposefully to extend their personnel... so at the end, they could still have legs to set screens, continue movement off ball, and defend. Take into account stupid decision making by the Blazers (analytically shooting themselves in the foot with the missed 3’s) etc in full blown panic mode. It’s a mix, but whatever the case may be, the Dubs did a good job of taking adavantage of missed opportunities by the Blazers- and maybe some tired legs after a 7 game brutal up and down with the Joker a mile high. Who knows?
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

That's the only point I'm making bro.

Yes they are unselfish
Yes they have a great system
Blah blah blah

None of it is possible without the insane shooting of Steph. And Klay. That is where it starts.

We could run the exact same offense as them and it wouldn't work cuz we don't have the same deadly 3pt threat
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

So the Clippers series was the toughest one for the Warriors on the way to the Finals? Seems like it.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
TDRock wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
TDRock wrote:
TDRock wrote:

True. Maybe that’s why the Dubs paced themselves into early deficits? Maybe it was purposefully to extend their personnel... so at the end, they could still have legs to set screens, continue movement off ball, and defend. Take into account stupid decision making by the Blazers (analytically shooting themselves in the foot with the missed 3’s) etc in full blown panic mode. It’s a mix, but whatever the case may be, the Dubs did a good job of taking adavantage of missed opportunities by the Blazers- and maybe some tired legs after a 7 game brutal up and down with the Joker a mile high. Who knows?

TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:43 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
So the Clippers series was the toughest one for the Warriors on the way to the Finals? Seems like it.

They seemed far more emotional and relieved after Houston.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 240, 241, 242 ... 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 241 of 447
Jump to: