2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:44 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
So the Clippers series was the toughest one for the Warriors on the way to the Finals? Seems like it.

Nah Houston
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:47 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Yeah Steph is probably the most unselfish lethal scorer ever. And it definitely makes a big difference that him and Klay are so unselfish.

But keep in mind that a lot of the reason why they are so unselfish is because of their deadly all time great shooting capability, which opens up the entire court. There's been deadly shooting duos before sure. But not like this one. Not like this guy that hits consistently from anywhere inside halfcourt

True...but don't forget, we saw what Steph and Klay looked like before and after Kerr took over.

They were a lethal combo but their team wasn't very good on offense.

2013-2014

Steph 42.4% from 3 on 7.9 attempts per game
Klay 41.7% from 3 on 6.6 attempts per game.

GSW's record was 51-31 and they were 10th in ppg and 4th in defensive rating

2014-2015

Steph 44.3% from 3 on 8.1 attempts per game
Klay 43.9% from 3 on 7.1 attempts per game.

GSW's record was 67-15 and they were 1st in ppg (and pace) and 1st in defensive rating

Those guys were already great shooters. Difference?

2013-2014 they were 7th in the NBA in Assists - 1912 total. 23.3apg
2014-2015 they were 1st in the NBA in Assists - 2248 total. 27.4apg

Having elite skillsets is great but you have to be able to get them to perform at their max potential. Steph and Klay could have gone down as the greatest shooters AND never won an NBA Ch'ip. Their shooting isn't what facilitated their dominance. It's how their TEAM utilizes their skillset.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

I don't recall how game 1 went, but in the last 3 games, the Blazers held double digit leads in the 2nd half and lost all 3 games. Might this be a unique occurrence? I wonder how many times this has happened in history.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:56 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LKA wrote:
Yeah Steph is probably the most unselfish lethal scorer ever. And it definitely makes a big difference that him and Klay are so unselfish.

But keep in mind that a lot of the reason why they are so unselfish is because of their deadly all time great shooting capability, which opens up the entire court. There's been deadly shooting duos before sure. But not like this one. Not like this guy that hits consistently from anywhere inside halfcourt

True...but don't forget, we saw what Steph and Klay looked like before and after Kerr took over.

2013-2014

2014-2015

GSW's record was 67-15 and they were 1st in ppg (and pace) and 1st in defensive rating

Having elite skillsets is great but you have to be able to get them to perform at their max potential. Steph and Klay could have gone down as the greatest shooters AND never won an NBA Ch'ip. Their shooting isn't what facilitated their dominance. It's how their TEAM utilizes their skillset.

So you are giving most the credit to Kerr? Idk about that. He walked right into the best roster in the league
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I don't recall how game 1 went, but in the last 3 games, the Blazers held double digit leads in the 2nd half and lost all 3 games. Might this be a unique occurrence? I wonder how many times this has happened in history.

Stotts should be fired over his coaching in this series. His offensive game plan in late game situations was awful.
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
When you think about it there's really no reason at all for Lonzo and Ingram to be in the same lineup with LeBron lol

Give LeBron another star then literally put all shooters around him and that's a championship contender recipe. It might not be attractive, people might want to see if the young guys can grow into stars(which I doubt will happen) but it doesn't matter.

We signed LeBron. Everyone knew what that meant. Everyone knows how LeBron wins titles.

With the right team around LeBron there's a good ass chance we can win a couple titles with him before he's done.. there's also a good ass chance he could get ruined by injuries and father time.. but I'll take that chance over relying on the potential of Ingram and Ball... I'll be honest if that's what we are counting on for the future then I don't see us winning. Not with them as the best players even 5 years from now.

This, although I think I like Lonzo more than you do. I agree with the general sentiment though.
GameCock-MD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LKA wrote:

2013-2014

2014-2015

So you are giving most the credit to Kerr? Idk about that. He walked right into the best roster in the league

How did you get that from what I posted? That's the most simplistic take possible, no?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:01 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

Stotts should be fired over his coaching in this series. His offensive game plan in late game situations was awful.

I wonder how much of it was Dame getting his ribs hurt in game 2.
Also, fans seem to not like even good coaches either for subs or for late game play calling. I.e fans complaining about budenholzer's play calling in the OT loss for the Bucks.

As mentioned above, you dont think they overachieved this year?
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:08 pm    Post subject:

Draymond stepped up big time. This was the same guy that was a liability when the Lakers played him way back in December.

He's a valuable player. He has top 10 impact when he's actually productive. Even when he's not, he's the only guy in the league who can legitimately guard 1 to 5. I like him as a player, and I wonder if he can be productive consistently if Durant isn't on the team after this season. It's hard for everybody else to eat when there are already 3 guys on offense who are as good as KD, Curry, and Thompson are.

Last edited by Japago on Mon May 20, 2019 9:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:36 pm    Post subject:

GameCock-MD wrote:
LKA wrote:
GameCock-MD wrote:
LKA wrote:

2013-2014

2014-2015

How did you get that from what I posted? That's the most simplistic take possible, no?

It seemed like you were crediting the system. What else changed? They were already great shooters the only thing that changed was the coach
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:39 pm    Post subject:

So I guess losing to GS without Durant is only shameful when it’s Houston?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

If one were to believe Houston was a better team than Portland, I could understand that line of thinking.
Dreamshake
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:45 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

If one were to believe Houston was a better team than Portland, I could understand that line of thinking.

They are better but still less talented than GS, even without Durant.

This is a historically great team. Lose Durant and Iggy and “only” have 3 all nba type players left. Ok Draymond, guess you can go get your 20 point trip dubs now.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:49 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
epak wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

This is a historically great team. Lose Durant and Iggy and “only” have 3 all nba type players left. Ok Draymond, guess you can go get your 20 point trip dubs now.

Haha. Yea, it's pretty much not fair.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
epak wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

There's no shame in Houston losing in 6 and there's no shame in Portland getting swept. That's how I see it at least.

I've felt like Houston greatly overachieved twice against GSW in the postseason. With that being said I still can't stand the flopping mentality.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
epak wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Which is why I think the beginning of scapegoating MDA is ridiculous. At least SAS is the one that started to chirp about it. MDA's team can't win!!! The fact is MDA's team often overachieve. That close to beating GS last year, nothing to be shamed of. In my book, you don't get closer to a title by firing MDA, you will only get further away. MDA's way gives you a puncher's chance, which almost came to fruition last year. If you start to believe James Harden is MJ, or even Kobe level, and that the coach his holding the team back, you'll just go right back to mediocrity for the next few years, then rebuild again.
L4L
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:01 pm    Post subject:

TEAM BALL!

The anti-Jordan, anti-Kobe rallying cry since the freaking '90s. Same people still espousing it, too.

Overwhelming talent is what wins in the NBA. Great defensive teams have won, great iso teams have won, and now great outside shooting teams are winning. As the rules change and player skill sets evolve, the way the game is played changes, too.

Nobody thought Michael Jordan would win anything early in his career and he was called a ball-hog and outright selfish. Along came Scottie, Phil, the Triangle, and Kobe and now we all know iso ball can win... when you're overwhelmingly talented (and the rules suit it).

Durant is one of the best players in the entire NBA. This Warriors team was down double digits in three of the games. That doesn't happen with Durant. They're just that good regardless. This Warriors team is the best collection of talent ever put together. There are two legitimate MVP-caliber players on the same roster. They don't miss a beat when they lose their best player because when it comes time for "next man up", they were already playing down a role. Steph is a true #1 option playing as a #2. It isn't a stretch to ask him to go back to being a #1. You can make similar arguments for Dray and Klay.

They're not better without Durant. They're just that much better than everyone else.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:
epak wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

Phil Jackson had a favorite saying, "Every game takes on a life of it's own." You can apply that to series too. So just because the Rockets couldn't beat the Warriors this year with the fortunes reversed, this time KD injured, CP3 healthy, doesn't mean the Rockets wouldn't have beat the Warriors last year with a healthy CP3. The "life of its own" last year was that the Warriors basically sucked. They missed a lot, and the Rockets may have been a little more hard nosed defensively. That was a completely different series than what happened this year. it's a make or miss league, and this year, the Warriors dropped them shots at important junctures of the game. That's it.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

ksmgf wrote:
BigBallerBrand wrote:
Can’t believe Houston choked and dropped to 4. OKC can beat Portland. Wanted PG to get swept in first round

The Thunder swept the Blazers during the regular season. I think they'll win the series 4-1 now.

Well, you were right about the 4-1. Just picked the wrong horse. 😝

Portland did all they could these playoffs. They need a big time wing like KD, Kawhi, or Lebron.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
KD is furiously searching Warrior boards for any divisive comments.

he was going after regular joe fans today....and the comments were not even hateful towards him...dude has issues

Poor guy.
Mama never taught him how to handle criticism?

if i was KD....I am not suggesting I would enjoy people talking crap about me, but I would never waste one second of thought about what a dude like me thinks about him. I would be living my best life in my mansion with my Italian sports cars in my 10 car garage, and enjoying the company of beautiful ladies.

Yep. I dont get why famous people feel the need to be validated online. But then again, I'm not famous. So maybe it's some characteristic trait that calls for that.

If KD pays me enough money I’ll troll the internet for him and argue with the haters (and in some cases with Warriors fans like he did lol). Pretty sure several of us can do it better than he did because he sucks at defending himself on the internet.

Edit: Maybe my 10k posts on this site can count as part of my resume.

Last edited by Steve007 on Mon May 20, 2019 10:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Dreamshake wrote:

It’s definitely not shameful now. I thought the Warriors would look weaker than this but the bench didn’t hurt them like I thought it would.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:38 pm    Post subject:

Steve007 wrote:
Dreamshake wrote:

It’s definitely not shameful now. I thought the Warriors would look weaker than this but the bench didn’t hurt them like I thought it would.

That's the only real difference.. before Durant the bench was better
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Keep forgetting that Cousins is on their roster too lol
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

LakerMindLA wrote:
Runway8 wrote:

He was really bad... The fact he continued to play Evan Turner over Aminu is mind boggling. Reason also Lillard and CJ struggled at the end, and they look bad on offense. Why would you play to GS strength and put another none shooting guard out there? That means Green and Looney can just sag off him and help in the paint anytime they want. Aminu had length better defensive and offensive player, also a better shooter than Evans who can stretch the floor for Lillard and CJ. I just don't get it. Series would have been 3-1 Blazers or 2-2 with just that adjustment alone. Even Harkless would have been better than Turner.

Last edited by miggz23 on Mon May 20, 2019 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 11:30 pm    Post subject:

LKA wrote:
Keep forgetting that Cousins is on their roster too lol

Talking about cheap rings lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 241, 242, 243 ... 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 242 of 447
Jump to: