2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 445, 446, 447  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 1:32 am    Post subject:

This whole thread was hating on Steph 2 weeks ago just saying...
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:00 am    Post subject:

When Draymond and Steph are on, Golden State doesn't lose. No Durant, no Cousins, no Iguodala, no problem.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 5:21 am    Post subject:

LKA wrote:

he stephed it up
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:19 am    Post subject:

When do we start putting Curry in the GOAT/Top 10 discussion?
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:21 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:

who you bumping out? and is he ahead of KD?
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:25 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
PRLakeShow wrote:

who you bumping out? and is he ahead of KD?

I'm not making my list now I'm just wondering since you never hear his name when talking about the all time greats. I would have KD over Curry but that's just my preference. I think KD is better all-around but so far, KD has needed Curry/GS to win. Curry has been fine without KD. You can already make the case for both KD/Curry to be ahead of Hakeem, Oscar, Bird, and by the time their careers are over probably Duncan, Shaq, maybe even my beloved Kobe cause we all know analytics don't help him out.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:50 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
When do we start putting Curry in the GOAT discussion

Never? There is only one GOAT, Jordan. He probably would have made Curry cry if they were playing together in their primes.

PRLakeShow wrote:
I'm not making my list now I'm just wondering since you never hear his name when talking about the all time greats. I would have KD over Curry but that's just my preference. I think KD is better all-around but so far, KD has needed Curry/GS to win. Curry has been fine without KD. You can already make the case for both KD/Curry to be ahead of Hakeem, Oscar, Bird, and by the time their careers are over probably Duncan, Shaq, maybe even my beloved Kobe cause we all know analytics don't help him out.

They aren't bumping Larry Bird, Hakeem the Dream, Duncan, or Shaq out of my top 10 list

As for Kobe... that should be considered hipster blasphemy!!

KD may have had a chance of making the top five-ten... but he blew it by joining GSW.
KD needs to lead a team of his own... like all the others in the real top 10 did? Perhaps, if he left...

1. MJ
2. Wilt
3. Kobe
4. Kareem
5. LeBron
6-7. Bird-Magic
8. Hakeem
9. Shaq
10. Duncan

Last edited by LAL1947 on Tue May 21, 2019 7:04 am; edited 1 time in total
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

Draymond was right, they don't need Durant.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

Curry is the greatest shooter of all time, but nowhere near GOAT conversation.

9-12 seems appropriate

Top 8 is probably this

KAJ
Jordan
Magic
Bird
Russell
Kobe
Wilt
LeBron

You have guys like Shaq, Hakeem, Duncan, Curry, KD fighting for the next spots
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

Black20Ice wrote:
When Draymond and Steph are on, Golden State doesn't lose. No Durant, no Cousins, no Iguodala, no problem.

They are at their most unbeatable when Klay and Steph are knocking everything down and they have a motivated, in shape Draymond.

That’s their core 3 that’s awfully tough to beat. 2 historic shooters and a guy who does all the hard work all over the floor.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
Draymond was right, they don't need Durant.

No surprise; everyone knew Durant was ring-chasing, he has done that; now it's time to move on and to try to win a "chip on his own merit.

This team, deservingly so, is and always will be Steph's team!
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

They are at their most unbeatable when Klay and Steph are knocking everything down and they have a motivated, in shape Draymond.

That’s their core 3 that’s awfully tough to beat. 2 historic shooters and a guy who does all the hard work all over the floor.

Plus add in Iggy's "closer-stopper" defense to that mix and they become more than formidable.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

pio2u wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Black20Ice wrote:

Plus add in Iggy's "closer-stopper" defense to that mix and they become more than formidable.

Yup, good point.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
LKA wrote:
And to piggy back on what I said above, even if you did sign a good stretch for cheap , say Lopez, I still wouldn't want him as the backbone to LeBron's terrible defense even as a stretch.

So u think LeBron plays same defense in playoffs that he does on regular season?

Great

Yes. And that was at 33, not 35.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:11 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Curry sounded like Boogie and KD will be ready for the finals.

If Boogie is ready, that is good news for whoever comes out of the East.

Why?

because I think they are clearly a worse team with him on the court....and Kerr will play him decent minutes if he is healthy. In my opinion, GSW is at their best with Looney is at the 5. Getting him his touches just hurts their offense.

They were 23-7 when he played.
At the least I think Boogie gets Bogut minutes.

All they need from Cousins is rebounding
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:15 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
I don't recall how game 1 went, but in the last 3 games, the Blazers held double digit leads in the 2nd half and lost all 3 games. Might this be a unique occurrence? I wonder how many times this has happened in history.

Never, a team coming back from 15+ point deficits in 3 straight games has never happened. First time that 2 players from the same team had triple doubles in the same game. First time a team went to 5 straight Finals since the Celtics in the 60’s. We are witnessing history, embrace it.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:17 am    Post subject:

The most remarkable thing about the Warriors this year (probably past years too) is that even when they're down 20 at halftime it doesn't matter. They keep playing, find a way to go on a run, and win the game. When they're focused they're not beatable.
cathy78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 7:51 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The most remarkable thing about the Warriors this year (probably past years too) is that even when they're down 20 at halftime it doesn't matter. They keep playing, find a way to go on a run, and win the game. When they're focused they're not beatable.

If you are focused on winning as a team and not padding your own stats or relying on referees to call flops this usually works.

The most annoying part is that the Lakers front office just doesn't get it.

Building a winning team doesn't mean to go after big names. You need players that are able to check their egos at the door and play as a team. Players that complement each other and step up for each other. A coaching staff with stability and trust from the FO. A coaching staff that doesn't just run their system - that can actually adapt to players abilities, strength and weaknesses.
Sure you need good and great players. But I think having Randle, Lopez and maybe even DLO instead of LeBron would have made for a more successful season.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:00 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

If you are focused on winning as a team and not padding your own stats or relying on referees to call flops this usually works.

Building a winning team doesn't mean to go after big names. You need players that are able to check their egos at the door and play as a team. Players that complement each other and step up for each other. A coaching staff with stability and trust from the FO. A coaching staff that doesn't just run their system - that can actually adapt to players abilities, strength and weaknesses.
Sure you need good and great players. But I think having Randle, Lopez and maybe even DLO instead of LeBron would have made for a more successful season.

I agree. The Clippers were a great example of maximizing a team's potential by having everyone check their egos and have the same shared goal. Talent is obviously another important factor but you need both to succeed.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:08 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LKA wrote:

he stephed it up

🤣🤣
focus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:30 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Runway8 wrote:
I don't recall how game 1 went, but in the last 3 games, the Blazers held double digit leads in the 2nd half and lost all 3 games. Might this be a unique occurrence? I wonder how many times this has happened in history.

Never, a team coming back from 15+ point deficits in 3 straight games has never happened. First time that 2 players from the same team had triple doubles in the same game. First time a team went to 5 straight Finals since the Celtics in the 60’s. We are witnessing history, embrace it.

I know Portland does not have Nurkic, a key component, but GS should still be a contender even without KD, assuming their FO does what they do to surround their big 3 with Klay and Draymond. That's also assuming my ideal doesn't happen with Klay coming here, along with Kawhi.
LKA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:33 am    Post subject:

cathy78 wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Yeah but if you can't draft a Steph Curry or Klay Thompson then you kinda do need to go after big names .. talent does win games at the end of the day
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:39 am    Post subject:

I always feel uneasy about putting a player who can't defend in G.O.A.T convos. Unless that player is above and beyond greater offensively that the rest of the players.

Are Curry and to an extent Harden players that are above and beyond better offensively that the others on the list? In certain aspects I supposed an argument could be made for them.

But then again, I always fall back into the idea that it's difficult to compare different eras. But have at it, fam. It is definitely some good banter going on.
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Maybe I shouldn't have put GOAT in my post and just left it as Top 10. People quickly move to MJ and Kareem instead of comparing a guy to Duncan, Bird, Oscar, Hakeem, etc. I don't know how you can sit there with a straight face and say Curry doesn't hold up to those 4 guys I mentioned. His resume speaks for itself. By the time he's done playing, he'll easily have comparable accomplishments if he doesn't already. Same with KD of course. They both got an argument to be at least included in the conversation. For KD, he's usually in. For Curry, it seems people just don't want to give him props. Well I for one will start giving him his props.

Maybe we should all move on from just the arbitrary top 10 conversation that is usually used to top 15. That would make this a bit easier.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 10:05 am    Post subject:

PRLakeShow wrote:
Maybe I shouldn't have put GOAT in my post and just left it as Top 10. People quickly move to MJ and Kareem instead of comparing a guy to Duncan, Bird, Oscar, Hakeem, etc. I don't know how you can sit there with a straight face and say Curry doesn't hold up to those 4 guys I mentioned. His resume speaks for itself. By the time he's done playing, he'll easily have comparable accomplishments if he doesn't already. Same with KD of course. They both got an argument to be at least included in the conversation. For KD, he's usually in. For Curry, it seems people just don't want to give him props. Well I for one will start giving him his props.

Maybe we should all move on from just the arbitrary top 10 conversation that is usually used to top 15. That would make this a bit easier.

One question, how do you think Curry would have fared in the old era of the guys you mentioned. And then vice versa, how do you think the old guys you listed would have fared in today's nba?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 242, 243, 244 ... 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 243 of 447
Jump to: