2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3428

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject: 2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS

Looks like Thunder will drop to 8th and face the W's.

PG will miss their last game in Milwaukee.


Last edited by Hero Ball on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3428

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 4:29 pm    Post subject:

No Freak, no Lopez for the Bucks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 9332

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:01 pm    Post subject:

I guess the win against the Clippers was worth it. Knocked them into 1/8 vs. GSW.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32465

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:04 pm    Post subject:

So if Clippers win what would be the playoff matchups in the west?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28140
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

GS vs Clippers might be the quickest sweep in NBA history unless the Warriors end up sleep walking.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32465

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:05 pm    Post subject:

If there is Warriors vs Thunder in the first round, that would probably be the series with the best ratings.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32465

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
GS vs Clippers might be the quickest sweep in NBA history unless the Warriors end up sleep walking.


Yeah, that would not be enjoyable to watch. Clippers would be overwhelmed by the Warriors starting 5.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 18 Apr 2016
Posts: 28140
Location: LA, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:09 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
GS vs Clippers might be the quickest sweep in NBA history unless the Warriors end up sleep walking.


Yeah, that would not be enjoyable to watch. Clippers would be overwhelmed by the Warriors starting 5.


The Beatdown they got against the Warriors a couple of days ago is what we will see in the 1st round or even worse if the Warriors come out with a new mentality. But I don’t think the Clippers care about getting demolished, there goal was always getting a top FA this summer.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3428

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:21 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
So if Clippers win what would be the playoff matchups in the west?


Clips locked at 8th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 12 Aug 2009
Posts: 32465

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
So if Clippers win what would be the playoff matchups in the west?


Clips locked at 8th.


Damn guess Warriors in 4....I was hoping to see Thunder and Warriors in the 1st round.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3428

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:30 pm    Post subject:

BTW

Buddy Hield gone homeless?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Hero Ball
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2015
Posts: 3428

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
So if Clippers win what would be the playoff matchups in the west?


Clips locked at 8th.


Damn guess Warriors in 4....I was hoping to see Thunder and Warriors in the 1st round.


Thunder gets the Rockets.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 31163

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Hero Ball wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
So if Clippers win what would be the playoff matchups in the west?


Clips locked at 8th.


Damn guess Warriors in 4....I was hoping to see Thunder and Warriors in the 1st round.


Thunder gets the Rockets.

Unless Denver loses to Minny tonight, tie game at half - and we’d tie for 10th. Would be DEN /OKC
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Jun 2005
Posts: 36531
Location: Dirty South

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
So if Clippers win what would be the playoff matchups in the west?


Clips locked at 8th.


Damn guess Warriors in 4....I was hoping to see Thunder and Warriors in the 1st round.


Thunder gets the Rockets.

Unless Denver loses to Minny tonight, tie game at half - and we’d tie for 10th. Would be DEN /OKC


so hoping TWolves pull this out...but they have no KAT and Denver is playing everyone. TWolvers up by 8 going into the 4th!
_________________
Rondo / Bradley / Caruso / Cook
Green / KCP / Daniels / Horton-Tucker
James /
Davis / Kuzma / Dudley
Cousins / McGee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:38 pm    Post subject:

Lou and Zu with some key plays to put the Clippers up 6 against the Jazz
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

A lot of people here said Grayson Allen was trash... but he scored 23 against Sacramento and now he's over 30 against the Clippers in a meaningful game.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 18081
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:57 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
A lot of people here said Grayson Allen was trash... but he scored 23 against Sacramento and now he's over 30 against the Clippers in a meaningful game.


I mean, he shot 38/31/70 this season.

And I see that he brought his Duke referees to this game tonight, also.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 27 Mar 2005
Posts: 16757

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

Nuggets really improved their bracket.

Avoid Rockets/Ws until WCF.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
A lot of people here said Grayson Allen was trash... but he scored 23 against Sacramento and now he's over 30 against the Clippers in a meaningful game.


I mean, he shot 38/31/70 this season.

And I see that he brought his Duke referees to this game tonight, also.


Bad numbers but no worse than Lonzo, BI, DLO, Julius... during their first season.

He just made a bad play but he's gonna be a decent player.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 18081
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:03 pm    Post subject:

^
Sure, Lonzo's shooting was awful, but you could see his impact in many other areas of the game besides shooting. Can we say the same for Grayson Allen? Who is an "old" rookie, by the way.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
^
Sure, Lonzo's shooting was awful, but you could see his impact in many other areas of the game besides shooting. Can we say the same for Grayson Allen? Who is an "old" rookie, by the way.


Yeah, of course Zo is better than Grayson... but people were acting like it was inconceivable his game could translate to the pros... but he looked pretty comfortable out there, albeit inefficient.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BigBallerBrand
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Dec 2008
Posts: 5252
Location: LA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Can’t believe Houston choked and dropped to 4. OKC can beat Portland. Wanted PG to get swept in first round
_________________
Billions Billions Billions
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 18081
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:07 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
Sure, Lonzo's shooting was awful, but you could see his impact in many other areas of the game besides shooting. Can we say the same for Grayson Allen? Who is an "old" rookie, by the way.


Yeah, of course Zo is better than Grayson... but people were acting like it was inconceivable his game could translate to the pros... but he looked pretty comfortable out there, albeit inefficient.


He had a -7.5 BPM this season. Considering he was the 21st overall pick in a pretty loaded draft last season, I'd say the early returns have been pretty bad. Like, I think we reached for Wagner, but at least he was better than Allen, was picked later, and he's also younger.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2014
Posts: 12978

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:
^
Sure, Lonzo's shooting was awful, but you could see his impact in many other areas of the game besides shooting. Can we say the same for Grayson Allen? Who is an "old" rookie, by the way.


Yeah, of course Zo is better than Grayson... but people were acting like it was inconceivable his game could translate to the pros... but he looked pretty comfortable out there, albeit inefficient.


He had a -7.5 BPM this season. Considering he was the 21st overall pick in a pretty loaded draft last season, I'd say the early returns have been pretty bad. Like, I think we reached for Wagner, but at least he was better than Allen, was picked later, and he's also younger.


Yeah, I saw his numbers... I just was watching for Zubac... and noticed he was on a career high.

We'll see if those two games were flukes or not.

Still sick about Zu...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ChickenStu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Apr 2015
Posts: 18081
Location: Anaheim, CA

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 9:09 pm    Post subject:

BigBallerBrand wrote:
Can’t believe Houston choked and dropped to 4. OKC can beat Portland. Wanted PG to get swept in first round


Yeah I hear you. I'd favor OKC in that series, though Portland is a really tough place to play. Houston was going to have to go through the Warriors anyway; who knows, maybe getting them in the 2nd round will actually be better for them, in a weird way. The Lakers lost in the 2nd round in 2011, for example.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 1 of 447
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB