2019 NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD-RAPTORS 2019 CHAMPS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 445, 446, 447  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 20 May 2009
Posts: 1174

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Not going to lie this might be a wake up call for the warriors, you know Kerr will use this as serious motivation
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
misterchipmunk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 18 Apr 2010
Posts: 410

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Lakers are such a POS franchise now


The Lakers have one of the best players in the NBA, with a talented young core and cap space.. No where near close to being a piece of shet franchise.


Lakers have more talent than Clippers. What they don't have is a good owner and coach like the Clippers do. Clippers making it hard to hate them.



Lakers might have more talent but the pieces don't fit. We were near dead last in shooting and our defense was really bad. Our team never showed heart until we were eliminated from the playoffs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Posts: 31158

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:50 pm    Post subject:

Lots of clippers fans in here.
It's one game. Hopefully gsw don't take the foot off the pedal the next time
_________________
👊 Los Angeles Lakers 👊

For us anything short of a championship is not success.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chickenjoy24
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 12 Dec 2008
Posts: 1401
Location: SFValley

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

Clippers have a lot of heart. Harrell + Beverley are dogs. Lou Will is just so smooth. These guys are what some would call "rejects" and just came back from a 31pt deficit vs the 2 time defending champs.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 4454

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
Damn I wish we had that kind of fight this whole year.


Pat earning himself some money. Watch some dumb team offer him a 4yr/60mill deal. ...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 1888

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

https://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/21/lou-williams-lakers-rockets-trade-grades

The anti-tank just carried some scrubs to a playoff win against the super team on their floor down 31...

Feb 2017 Grade A-
April 2019 Grade D-

Lol. I understood the trade reasons at the time but this is why several posters on LG gripe when actual current talent walks out the door for what “might happen”. Just sad...
_________________
Banana Boat Bust! #ZublockaDied4This
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Apr 2017
Posts: 3365

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Load balance that, space jam. Yes, I am a true blood Laker.
_________________
🥛 🍪


Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 25377

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Lakers are such a POS franchise now


The Lakers have one of the best players in the NBA, with a talented young core and cap space.. No where near close to being a piece of shet franchise.


Nope . POS, indeed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 6689
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:52 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Lakers are such a POS franchise now


The Lakers have one of the best players in the NBA, with a talented young core and cap space.. No where near close to being a piece of shet franchise.


Lakers have more talent than Clippers. What they don't have is a good owner and coach like the Clippers do. Clippers making it hard to hate them.


Only time I ever disliked the Clipps is when they started acting like jerks when they had Blake and DJ..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 07 Jul 2001
Posts: 15095

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:53 pm    Post subject:

we coulda drafted Shamet.....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 25377

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Lots of clippers fans in here.
It's one game. Hopefully gsw don't take the foot off the pedal the next time


Oh, it's over for the clippers.

All blowouts from here on out. I think the boogie loss will scare them into another level.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 6689
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Lakers are such a POS franchise now


The Lakers have one of the best players in the NBA, with a talented young core and cap space.. No where near close to being a piece of shet franchise.


Nope . POS, indeed.


A POS franchise would have a history that reflects that sentiment. We don't.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 25377

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:56 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Lakers are such a POS franchise now


The Lakers have one of the best players in the NBA, with a talented young core and cap space.. No where near close to being a piece of shet franchise.


Nope . POS, indeed.


A POS franchise would have a history that reflects that sentiment. We don't.

Does recent history count?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 30 Mar 2009
Posts: 4454

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/21/lou-williams-lakers-rockets-trade-grades

The anti-tank just carried some scrubs to a playoff win against the super team on their floor down 31...

Feb 2017 Grade A-
April 2019 Grade D-

Lol. I understood the trade reasons at the time but this is why several posters on LG gripe when actual current talent walks out the door for what “might happen”. Just sad...


This was a great signing by Mitch - 3yr/21mill. I think everyone understood the trade at the time. Once he got to the Clippers, it seems he became much more consistent and got more shots. Unlike DLo, there was no reason to believe Lou would develop into a borderline all-star at 30. Lou is sick.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 6689
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:02 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Lakers are such a POS franchise now


The Lakers have one of the best players in the NBA, with a talented young core and cap space.. No where near close to being a piece of shet franchise.


Nope . POS, indeed.


A POS franchise would have a history that reflects that sentiment. We don't.

Does recent history count?


Sure it does.. now judge the Lakers based on the entirety of its history.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Japago
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 187

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:06 pm    Post subject:

Lou is the recent former Laker that would've helped the Lakers the most this season.

D'Angelo and Julius have freedom on their teams even with starters that they wouldn't have had with Lakers, and I think their play relies on that freedom a lot.

But, Lou carries lineups without a lot of scoring. That's what he does. He would've helped keep the Lakers viable with all those bench lineups that struggled to score. He would've helped keep the Lakers afloat without LeBron.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 1888

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/21/lou-williams-lakers-rockets-trade-grades

The anti-tank just carried some scrubs to a playoff win against the super team on their floor down 31...

Feb 2017 Grade A-
April 2019 Grade D-

Lol. I understood the trade reasons at the time but this is why several posters on LG gripe when actual current talent walks out the door for what “might happen”. Just sad...


This was a great signing by Mitch - 3yr/21mill. I think everyone understood the trade at the time. Once he got to the Clippers, it seems he became much more consistent and got more shots. Unlike DLo, there was no reason to believe Lou would develop into a borderline all-star at 30. Lou is sick.


Yep, unfortunately, in hind sight the same could have happened on the Lakers.. The money for Rondo at 33 vs Lou at 32

I get it tho, it’s the double edged sword of tanking to manufacture draft picks lost in previous years....
_________________
Banana Boat Bust! #ZublockaDied4This
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Jun 2006
Posts: 25377

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:16 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:
Laker_Town wrote:
Lakers are such a POS franchise now


The Lakers have one of the best players in the NBA, with a talented young core and cap space.. No where near close to being a piece of shet franchise.


Nope . POS, indeed.


A POS franchise would have a history that reflects that sentiment. We don't.

Does recent history count?


Sure it does.. now judge the Lakers based on the entirety of its history.

See those banners up there?...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kikanga
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 15 Sep 2012
Posts: 19976
Location: La La Land

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
https://www.si.com/nba/2017/02/21/lou-williams-lakers-rockets-trade-grades

The anti-tank just carried some scrubs to a playoff win against the super team on their floor down 31...

Feb 2017 Grade A-
April 2019 Grade D-

Lol. I understood the trade reasons at the time but this is why several posters on LG gripe when actual current talent walks out the door for what “might happen”. Just sad...


Kinda crazy everyone complains about Zubac when he can barely stay on the floor and Lou is out there scoring any way he wants without breaking a sweat.
_________________
Turn your losses into lessons. - Mike "The Situation"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ksmgf
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 2173

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Lol at warriors. First team to win 73 games and lose up 3-1 in the finals. Now record comeback by the clips after up by 31 points.

Will the clippers become the second 8th seeded team in nba history to beat a number one seed? I got the clippers in 7 now!!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Nov 2007
Posts: 48187
Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered intelligent.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Lou Williams beat the Golden State Warriors tonight.

33 Min 36 Pts 13-22 Fg 2 Rb 11 Ast 2 Stl 1 Blk
_________________
Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

Your prayers are always answered. Sometimes the answer is NO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 25 Dec 2011
Posts: 23178

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

socalsp3 wrote:
Clips have Good owner, FO., coach, players with heart. Lakers are the total opposite which is why they have the worse record in the nba over 6 years.


Lakers have become the Knicks West. That special consultant to the Clippers ain’t too shabby either. He wanted a chance on the Lakers but got turned away.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Username
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Apr 2004
Posts: 4540
Location: Out There

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:31 pm    Post subject:

Sounds like we've got a group of posters ready to go start ClippersGround.net.

Good luck, fellas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 21 Jul 2006
Posts: 10363

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Sounds like we've got a group of posters ready to go start ClippersGround.net.

Good luck, fellas.


Not really. There used to be a time when it felt like WarriorsGround.net until they became really annoying.

I expect this to be Warriors in 5 unless they take a game off and it becomes Warriors in 6. I wonder if they will be lazier this postseason but we’ll see. Only way I’d give the Clippers the edge is if GS loses 3 of its top 4 players to injury and I’m not talking about Boogie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Japago
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 21 Jun 2018
Posts: 187

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
Sounds like we've got a group of posters ready to go start ClippersGround.net.

Good luck, fellas.


What the Clippers are doing is very impressive.

I'm more impressed by what the Clippers have done up to this point than what the Nets have done.

The Nets were a .500 team in the East.

The Clippers were a playoff team all season long in the West, even after trading away their best player. They did it with no stars and no high draft picks.

It's hard to look at what they did with limited resources and not be disgusted by how the Lakers did with a star and high draft picks.

The Clippers even have more cap space than the Lakers for 2019 FA.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 445, 446, 447  Next
Page 19 of 447
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB