WTF Luke?! (Sued for sexual assault)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:21 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
I think us men need to have a talk about being men.

What a stupid comment this is.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
If guilty this sure beats him raiding the candy machine in college. If true, thanks Mitch and Jim for not vetting this douche. Even if not true, thanks Luke for messing up our young guys under your watch.

Volleybong recess between bird classes.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:23 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Practice wrote:
It’s pretty messed up how a majority of the comments about this are either jokes or people calling her a liar because the guy was an athlete.

Yes. Nothing in the reporting of this provides enough information to make even a tentative evaluation of her claim, for or against it.

The comments from the posters tell us more about the posters than about this suit. And most of the people in this thread who are leaping to judgment don't look very good.

I dunno..you did a pretty good job of leaping to judgment about Magic Johnson, and the Laker franchise in general.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:25 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

You’re the expert, I’m just here to follow the ball into a hoop.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

We have a US president that admitted to sexually assualting women (grabbing puz zee) and STILL was elected president. We have a celebrity in Bill Cosby who drugged women and slept with them and STILL believes he did nothing wrong. We are living in peculiar times...
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:28 pm    Post subject:

Chronicle wrote:
This not coming out until right after the ties with the lakers are cut sure is coincidental

Yeeeeeeep
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
We have a US president that admitted to sexually assualting women (grabbing puz zee) and STILL was elected president. We have a celebrity in Bill Cosby who drugged women and slept with them and STILL believes he did nothing wrong. We are living in peculiar times...

Makes you wonder about all our heroes of days gone. The victims that stayed in the shadows because watch OJ run.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:30 pm    Post subject:

Remember when look stood awkwardly close to Serena Winters?

https://youtu.be/JeUm0xOoG_Q
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:35 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
troy wrote:

Makes you wonder about all our heroes of days gone. The victims that stayed in the shadows because watch OJ run.

To me, someone who plays a sport well or tells jokes well isn't a "hero." They are simply someone who plays a sport well or tells jokes well. They should be admired for that ability, but we shouldn't think that ability says anything about their character or intelligence.

I've met many famous athletes and entertainers who were stupid, boring and miserable human beings.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:36 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
troy wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Just because Luke Walton was accused of something doesn't mean there's a National emergency regarding sexual violence and men. Why make such a leap?

But hey, I'll play along...men need to talk about sexual assault, women need to talk about exploiting double standards, whites need to talk about racism, blacks need to talk about accountability, Muslims need to talk about fanaticism, Christians need to talk about being judgemental, homosexuals need to talk about projections, immigrants need to talk about honoring laws, trump supporters need to talk about bigotry, I can go on and on.
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
troy wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Just because Luke Walton was accused of something doesn't mean there's a National emergency regarding sexual violence and men. Why make such a leap?

But hey, I'll play along...men need to talk about sexual assault, women need to talk about exploiting double standards, whites need to talk about racism, blacks need to talk about accountability, Muslims need to talk about fanaticism, Christians need to talk about being judgemental, homosexuals need to talk about projections, immigrants need to talk about honoring laws, trump supporters need to talk about bigotry, I can go on and on.

There is a political thread on this board.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

And we thought just his rotations were bad. Looks like he is really bad at other stuff also. Now I'm kind of wishing Beasley would have knocked him the **** out.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:14 pm    Post subject:

Not only Puke was the worst coach this organization has ever had, but he’s a piece of (bleep) human being too.

Like I said when he was finally fired, good riddance. This piece of crap of a person was privileged in his entire life all because of his dad. He was a crap player that stole money from the Lakers for years where it could have went to Ariza. And even worse as a coach for the most prized organization in the league.

Then after getting canned, he gets a job literally the next day. Both white and royal last name privilege. (bleep) him.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Guys I don't think we should slap each other around over this, and make character judgments. The question we're all facing now is whether or not the presumption of innocence still applies for sexual assault allegations.

I can understand why many believe it should, and I don't think it's fair to vilify them for it.

It's best to wait until all the evidence is presented before weighing in on this matter in any definitive way.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

troy wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
troy wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

I was referring to the bickering nature of these times. Posting and posturing, the importance of image over substance... valuing celebrity over decency, sht like that. All the topics you list are worthwhile; while only worth anything to ourselves and the world between our own ears. I was brought up to fight the battles that mean the most to me. Everyone has only a small amount of time on this planet and to be distracted by pettiness like forum quarrels (like some of the ones posted prior my initial) is fairly adolescent and needs to be recognized as such. Same as a grown married man inviting his wife’s volleyball friend to a hotel room ... and her accepting said invitation ... as a man, you open Pandora’s box.

If we were to have an open forum on manhood it would be fairly quick from my end: be decent, be respectful to women, stand up for yourself, stop being scarred of challenges, and earn your keep. PS f social media... as a man, you do not need that crap... and get off my lawn.
OCWA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:24 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
Guys I don't think we should slap each other around over this, and make character judgments. The question we're all facing now is whether or not the presumption of innocence still applies for sexual assault allegations.

I can understand why many believe it should, and I don't think it's fair to vilify them for it.

It's best to wait until all the evidence is presented before weighing in on this matter in any definitive way.

Fair enough, but I think there should also be a class action suit against him for the way he coached.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:25 pm    Post subject:

How do you prove something that happened three years ago, and only the two people involved know what really happened? Serious question. Unless she has some damning evidence (texts/emails/hotel video footage), I don't see this going anywhere.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:32 pm    Post subject:

OCWA wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Fair enough, but I think there should also be a class action suit against him for the way he coached.

I wouldn't oppose such action lol..

Whether we like it or not pedigree can get you a head start, and in some cases put you in front of the line. At some point privilege dissipates when you consistently under perform.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:46 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
How do you prove something that happened three years ago, and only the two people involved know what really happened? Serious question. Unless she has some damning evidence (texts/emails/hotel video footage), I don't see this going anywhere.

It would explain why it’s a civil case and not a criminal one. There’s really no way for a DA to prove it, so there’s no incentive for them to pursue the case unless they just want publicity for going after a big name. As others have said, it really isn’t uncommon at all for women to keep silent for years, even decades, before coming forward for a variety of reasons, so a civil suit might have been her only recourse to get some measure of justice, if things happened as she said. I don’t want to condemn Luke, but it’s hard not to given that false accusations are rare, which ironically is also why it’s hard not to condemn someone when they’re falsely accused.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:22 am    Post subject:

Where are all of his damn supporters? LMAO.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:54 am    Post subject:

troy wrote:
We have a US president that admitted to sexually assualting women (grabbing puz zee) and STILL was elected president. We are living in peculiar times...

I think the times we live in have become quite peculiar in another way too... in that we have created an environment where you are able to make a false statement like this one despite having video and audio evidence to the contrary as well unlimited access to said evidence through the interwebs, unlike the days of old when the general public did not have such free access to information... and yet people who know better will not correct you for fear of facing social backlash. Very peculiar indeed.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject:

For Luke's good, I hope it's all BS but only time will tell. However, IF he did
commit an act of violence against a person, he should face the music just
like anyone else.
al242
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject:

I read the article, and I dont believe it for a second. Sounds like someone is trying to get a bag $$$ similar to the Derrick Rose situation.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:35 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:

It is hard to imagine there would be legitimate evidence at this point. I am amazed how people are reaching conclusions in this thread based on their social agenda or personal feelings about someone they do not actually know personally. The truth is humans do sexually assault other humans.....and it is also true that humans fabricate stories about other humans sexually assaulting them. At this point, I am guessing nobody on LG has a reasonable clue about what is true and false in this situation.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Ted wrote:

It is hard to imagine there would be legitimate evidence at this point. I am amazed how people are reaching conclusions in this thread based on their social agenda or personal feelings about someone they do not actually know personally. The truth is humans do sexually assault other humans.....and it is also true that humans fabricate stories about other humans sexually assaulting them. At this point, I am guessing nobody on LG has a reasonable clue about what is true and false in this situation.

Again, LG ripped Magic Johnson and the entire Laker organization based on unverified judgements, projections, biases, and media produced gossip. If it's okay for Magic, it should be okay for Luke, right... (and yes, technically, it shouldn't be okay for anyone to pass judgments based on hearsay, but guess what, it's done all the time).
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 6 of 18
Jump to: