WTF Luke?! (Sued for sexual assault)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

A Black man with a Muslim name?

How about just calling him an American
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 11:42 am    Post subject:

Mamba Mentality wrote:
Joe Pesci wrote:
^Amen! Took the words right outta my mouth.

If your looking for the definition of "true love" ... that ain't it.

He lost a leg, but a dodged a bulet when she showed him who she really was ... a lousy chick.

Wow, that is truly sad and selfish.

You guys DO REALIZE they may have only gone on a few dates before he lost his leg right?

So just think about that for a second. This heartless gal who only knew this guy for a short time stuck by him.

Also. I know this guy and he can be a piece of work especially with his own personal issues on top of losing his leg.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
levon wrote:
And as I stated before, this thread is full of questioning Kelli for leaving a man that basically pity-baited her into getting engaged after he lost his leg, and expert body-language reading as she's reading a script. The usual suspects that so vehemently and articulately defend Luke's character, claiming to be the bastion of objectivity, are of course nowhere to be seen.

I think what Tennant did with her ex is objectively selfish. Doesn’t mean she wasn’t a victim of abuse though.

I think this is pretty much perching on a high horse syndrome here. And easy to be judgmental because you have not been put in the same situation. I think it is insane to judge someone in their early 20's for not wanting to be a caretaker for the rest of her life. People break-up for lesser more superficial things, like falling in love with a co-worker, a friend, falling outta love. You going to judge her for leaving a guy with 1 leg? She was in her early 20's, that marriage was not going to end up well if she stayed. Who are we kidding? If I had one leg, and my wife is young and full of aspirations, I would let her go man. I wouldn't want her to resent me. If she wants to stay, great, but if she wants to leave, I completely understand. 50% of marriages fail anyway, what makes this relationship so special that you're judging her for not staying? Wow, that is insanely judgmental.

I take it you ignored the rest of my posts clarifying what I meant? Selfish doesn’t have to have a negative connotation although it often does. She did what was best for her and not her fiancé. It doesn’t make it wrong(I would probably do the same) but it’s selfish.

I think you are the one who needs to hop off that high horse.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:36 pm    Post subject:

Username wrote:
She hasn't worked in a couple of years, missed out on a large multi-million payout from her ex-fiancee, and is now bringing about a lawsuit with the sole goal of bringing the accused - not to justice - but to a financial payout.

Her financial intentions will absolutely become a focal point of this case. Luke's attorney will hone in on this and paint a picture that she's doing this solely for money.

Bingo (probably)
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:52 pm    Post subject:

This is such crap. This girl is what - 6'2" -- I don't believe her. This is a money grab. LW did not rape her. LW did not assault her. LW came on to her and she didn't want to sleep with him and she left. We all here have a good sense of LW. We've seen him since he was drafted. NO Way do I think he tried to force himself on KT.

On the other hand - we have some sense of KT -- she's broke and sees and opportunity. Again guys - she is 6'2" -- she's not scared she's going to be raped by a famous athlete that she asked to write the forward to her book. Doesn't pass the smell test at all. Why is she doing a presser (with no make up or dressed like she usually does) for this other than to embarrass him and extort money? If we want justice why aren't we at the police station?

Women do experience real sexual assault and rape. This is a slap in the face to all of them.

Last edited by cooleggs on Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:57 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
This is such crap. This girl is what - 6'2" -- I don't believe her. This is a money grab. LW did not rape her. LW did not assault her. LW came on to her and she didn't want to sleep with him and she left. We all here have a good sense of LW. We've seen him since he was drafted. NO Way do I think he tried to force himself on KT.

On the other hand - we have some sense of KT -- she's broke and sees and opportunity. Again guys - she is 6'2" -- she's not scared she's going to be raped by a famous athlete that she asked to write the forward to her book. Doesn't pass the smell test at all. Why is she doing a presser for this other than to embarrass him and extort money? If we want justice why aren't we at the police station?

Women do experience real sexual assault and rape. This is a slap in the face to all of them.

Should we let this play out a bit more or are you the judge/jury/executioner?
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:58 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:

On the other hand - we have some sense of KT -- she's broke and sees and opportunity. Again guys - she is 6'2" -- she's not scared she's going to be raped by a famous athlete that she asked to write the forward to her book. Doesn't pass the smell test at all. Why is she doing a presser for this other than to embarrass him and extort money? If we want justice why aren't we at the police station?

I’m a 6’1 man and can honestly tell you it would be extremely easy to overpower a thin 6’2 woman like Tennant. Not that that should matter as people of all shapes and sizes can be raped. Wait for the facts before making ignorant statements like you just did.
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:59 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

I’m a 6’1 man and can honestly tell you it would be extremely easy to overpower a thin 6’2 woman like Tennant. Not that that should matter as people of all shapes and sizes can be raped. Wait for the facts before making ignorant statements like you just did.

Ignorant? She herself said she wasn't raped. Do you really think LW raped this woman?
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:02 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

Should we let this play out a bit more or are you the judge/jury/executioner?

I'm not a judge or an executioner as I don't have legal say in any of this. But I sure am a juror. And it don't look good. I'm a diehard Laker fan and consume way too much of this stuff -- so I've seen and read a lot on this. This is my belief -- doesn't pass the smell test. What would be LW's motive here? What would be KT's? Hummm?
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:05 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

I’m an American, I’m also a Black Man with a European name. Stating the truth isn’t offensive. You weren’t offended by someone using a potential sexual assault case to slander the POTUS? Weird world in which people are offended by the truth, yet don’t take offense to grandstanding on the backs of sexual assault victims.
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:06 pm    Post subject:

Have you read the complaint? KT is talking about obscene guttural sounds that made her uncomfortable - of which only she could hear. WTH? LW had no say in KT's job. In fact LW helped KT with her book. Only thing LW is guilty of is thinking KT was hot and that he had a shot with her.

And that performance today - she should get an Oscar. She's after the cash - she dumped her ex because she's selfish. She sees the 000's in LW's new contract. Complete money play. She's shown her color's guys - I don't know why you all can't see it.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:10 pm    Post subject:

lines in some guys heads get blurred because of the justification/approval by some of the presidents predatory sexual behavior

a consequence of our choices
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:13 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
lines in some guys heads get blurred because of the justification/approval by some of the presidents predatory sexual behavior

This has nothing to do with Chump! We have a sense of that asss by now. LW is not that. I do think LW came on to KT - but I don't think he assaulted her - and by her own statements did not rape her.

I don't think LW would continue to come on to her if she overtly said look - I'm not interested. She didn't come forward before because she had financial considerations in mind. Seems to follow that she would not have overtly told LW that he should stop or she would go to the authorities.

Last edited by cooleggs on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:15 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

This has nothing to do with Chump! We have a sense of that guy by now. LW is not that. I do think LW came on to KT - but I don't think he assaulted her - and by her own statements did not rape her.

has every thing to do with it imo
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

VicXLakers wrote:

This supposedly happened in 2014....way before your favorite president was elected.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

Fortysixn2 wrote:
governator wrote:

I’m an American, I’m also a Black Man with a European name. Stating the truth isn’t offensive. You weren’t offended by someone using a potential sexual assault case to slander the POTUS? Weird world in which people are offended by the truth, yet don’t take offense to grandstanding on the backs of sexual assault victims.

What does slandering Pres Obama had to do with this case?

You have a problem with someone slandering Pres Trump than talk about that, has nothing to do with Pres Obama, nor about Pres Obama being black or have a muslim name
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

This supposedly happened in 2014....way before your favorite president was elected.

talking about the blurring of lines in peoples minds now
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:18 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:

Knowing FortySixn2 from prior posts, I'm of the opinion he probably only did that to make a point to the person he was replying to... i.e., a black president was in charge of the oval office at the time this incident happened and despite the claims the person was making when he somehow (I still don't know how he did it, but somehow) managed to add 1 + 1 to make 5 and brought race into this discussion about Luke's alleged sexual assault when he said this...

"America has shamefully entered into an era where people of color are openly attacked, men of color in positions of power are undercut and disrespected..."

and this...

"Funny, EPSN spent days villafying Magic Johnson for simply stepping aside (wow, what a crime!), and yet they glossed over the sexual assault allgegation against Luke. I wonder why?"

Does that provide the appropriate context? FortySixn2 is a good guy who is just tired of the race and sex baiting, and ignorant/hypocritical liberal mud slinging that happens unchecked on the forums.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
The Gr8 Lakes
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:20 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:

On the other hand - we have some sense of KT -- she's broke and sees and opportunity. Again guys - she is 6'2" -- she's not scared she's going to be raped by a famous athlete that she asked to write the forward to her book. Doesn't pass the smell test at all. Why is she doing a presser (with no make up or dressed like she usually does) for this other than to embarrass him and extort money? If we want justice why aren't we at the police station?

Kelli is 6’2 so it couldn’t happen. Cmon that’s pathetic. Luke is 6’8 and a professional athlete. Get a clue. So with your logic 5’2 women aren’t assaulted by 5’8 men. Correct?

None of us know what happened. We do know from his time as a Wildcat and Laker that Luke seems like a good guy. I know nothing of either of them personally. So I won’t judge either.

Longtime LG lurker.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
cooleggs wrote:

Ignorant? She herself said she wasn't raped. Do you really think LW raped this woman?

No but she may have been assaulted.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:21 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

I think the Walton family are Democrats, just FYI.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
Hearing her story, no offense to anyone, I'm pretty sure I've been sexually assualted many times in my life. Once by a female boss.

As a man though, I've always taken them as ego boosts, walking away from them (like Tennant with no actual intercourse) thinking "I'm the man!!! These chicks love my ass!"

Go figure.

Maybe I should do a Google search to see if any of those females, especially the boss, are millionaires now. I probably have a case.

I'm not saying that Walton isn't wrong. He was, but I've kissed females before that I quickly realized didn't want to be kissed.

Am I guilty of assault too? Just trying to find the line. Where does it begin and end?

I know that what I did was in poor taste, I obviously apologized, and I know that the females who came on way too strong to me were also acting in poor taste, but it's crazy because it never crossed my mind that what they did was a sueable offense.

I have five children. I've taught my two girls well. They know that ALL men are nasty (including their father). They would've never stepped in that hotel room, even for business. They know that men claiming to be "friends" with you are really almost always just waiting in the weeds, even if they're married to one of your friends. Not blaming Tennant, just saying that I've taught my girls to avoid danger, that they are the physically weaker gender, so they have to be mindful of putting themselves in positions of danger. The fact that men have guaranteed orgasms makes us 1000 times more predatory than women.

Walton's a jackass, like most men, but women need to be taught that if you rub honey all over your body and walk into the woods, you can't be offended when a bear attacks. In this case, that elevator ride upstairs with Walton to drop off a damn book was her rubbing honey all over.

Most people will read what I just wrote as victim blaming. It's not. It's merely teaching women to be safe, that they can avoid situations like Tennant's by practicing better discernment. Noone would have sympathy on me if I stepped in the woods covered in honey. Women can't expect zero admonishment for stepping into men's hotel rooms while they're "on the road". I'd be furious with my daughters if they were that naive and felt so falsely insulated!

Lastly, I have three boys, and for the life of me, I'm seriously thinking of having them carry simple contracts in their wallets for females to sign before they engage in any mutual touching. I know that sounds silly, and maybe I'm really overreacting, but it seems that the culture is definitely giving way to the idea that any form of male aggression is bad, so before my boys slip into their natural male, testosterone driven, aggressive selves, maybe a simple signature could save their lives.

FWIW, the walking in the woods analogy is a good one with regard to her going up to Luke's hotel room, as in, it's important not to walk in the woods alone, as there are dangers you might not consider.

But the rubbing honey on herself part is where you lose me. That is clearly implying asking for it, not just being in a situation through potentially poor judgement. It's a not so subtle way of implying she's basically baiting him.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

I think the Walton family are Democrats, just FYI.

once again talking about the view of people in this forum...their lines are blurred
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:25 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

WTH - This has nothing to do with Chump - Blurring what lines - he didn't rape her. Do you notice how she glosses over how she got of the room - and how he got off of her? That's not happening with a rapist or sexual assaulter. We can make judgments about what makes sense. We've seen both of these people for many years. Kelly never looked scared on SpectrumSportsNet - lol
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:27 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
governator wrote:

Knowing FortySixn2 from prior posts, I'm of the opinion he probably only did that to make a point to the person he was replying to... i.e., a black president was in charge of the oval office at the time this incident happened and despite the claims the person was making when he somehow (I still don't know how he did it, but somehow) managed to add 1 + 1 to make 5 and brought race into this discussion about Luke's alleged sexual assault when he said this...

"America has shamefully entered into an era where people of color are openly attacked, men of color in positions of power are undercut and disrespected..."

and this...

"Funny, EPSN spent days villafying Magic Johnson for simply stepping aside (wow, what a crime!), and yet they glossed over the sexual assault allgegation against Luke. I wonder why?"

Does that provide the appropriate context? He's a good guy who is just tired of the race and sex baiting, and liberal mud slinging that happens unchecked on the forums.

I responded to him. If you have a problem with people attacking Pres Trump then discuss regarding that but to attack Pres Obama's race and his Muslim name... has nothing to do with this case.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 16 of 18
Jump to: