WTF Luke?! (Sued for sexual assault)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

cooleggs wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
This is such crap. This girl is what - 6'2" -- I don't believe her. This is a money grab. LW did not rape her. LW did not assault her. LW came on to her and she didn't want to sleep with him and she left. We all here have a good sense of LW. We've seen him since he was drafted. NO Way do I think he tried to force himself on KT.

On the other hand - we have some sense of KT -- she's broke and sees and opportunity. Again guys - she is 6'2" -- she's not scared she's going to be raped by a famous athlete that she asked to write the forward to her book. Doesn't pass the smell test at all. Why is she doing a presser (with no make up or dressed like she usually does) for this other than to embarrass him and extort money? If we want justice why aren't we at the police station?

Women do experience real sexual assault and rape. This is a slap in the face to all of them.

Kelli is 6’2 so it couldn’t happen. Cmon that’s pathetic. Luke is 6’8 and a professional athlete. Get a clue. So with your logic 5’2 women aren’t assaulted by 5’8 men. Correct?

None of us know what happened. We do know from his time as a Wildcat and Laker that Luke seems like a good guy. I know nothing of either of them personally. So I won’t judge either.

Kelly was an athlete as well. You can't state that he is 6'8" and then not look at the fact that this is not some little woman. For godsake - take a look at her. She is very attractive and also very tall for a woman. That doesn't mean she couldn't be raped or assaulted - but the odds go down considerably - wouldn't you say. -- Some of you lack common sense.

I’m not sure you understand the level of nonsense this is. Comparing Men and Women physically is usually favoriting the Man. Add the fact that man is probably 75lbs stronger and 5-6 inches taller. Now add the fact he’s a Professional athlete, His Physicality and strength dwarf hers. Common sense?

I see you skipped over the fact that 5’2 women aren’t assaulted by 5’8 men. Your post was insensitive and accusatory while making points based on nothing but your warped opinion. I’m a father of 2 Daughters myself(both athletes at a young age 15-8) and I also coach boys. The difference in strength and power is massive and my Daughters are both freaky strong and athletic.

I’m not here to debate Man vs. Woman, however I will say that saying she is a former athlete and 6’2 is about a piss poor reason for her not being assaulted as you could find.

I don’t wish this on anyone but if someone any of us knew was attacked or assaulted and the woman was 6’0 and the perp was 5’9 would you dismiss it because “Look at her” common sense my friend.

Lot's of high horse riders here. Again - my wife was assaulted - I have family members who were assaulted. KT was not. She was in an uncomfortable situation at best. Many of you blur the lines between rape and workplace coercion and the like. Trying to be some knight in shining armor - does not take away from the fact that this woman is looking for money. Not justice -- money.

She may very well be looking for a payout but your premature conclusion and flawed reasoning for coming to that conclusion is what is riling people up.

Ahh - so you concede she may well be looking for a payout? Awesome - that is my point -- I back that up with evidence and common sense. You may not like that conclusion - but this is not the first time something like this has happened.

I could be wrong - perhaps LW is a serial rapist and murderer. Somehow I think that's not the case.

I’ve conceded that since the beginning. My point is your evidence is inconclusive at best
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:08 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
governator wrote:
A Black man with a Muslim name?

How about just calling him an American

Knowing FortySixn2 from prior posts, I'm of the opinion he probably only did that to make a point to the person he was replying to... i.e., a black president was in charge of the oval office at the time this incident happened and despite the claims the person was making when he somehow (I still don't know how he did it, but somehow) managed to add 1 + 1 to make 5 and brought race into this discussion about Luke's alleged sexual assault when he said this...

"America has shamefully entered into an era where people of color are openly attacked, men of color in positions of power are undercut and disrespected..."

and this...

"Funny, EPSN spent days villafying Magic Johnson for simply stepping aside (wow, what a crime!), and yet they glossed over the sexual assault allgegation against Luke. I wonder why?"

Does that provide the appropriate context? FortySixn2 is a good guy who is just tired of the race and sex baiting, and ignorant/hypocritical liberal mud slinging that happens unchecked on the forums.

Thx man, u said it all.

You do realize the original post was about the response to news coming out. People who voted for Trump don't value sexual assault allegations was the train of thought.
You're talking about when the Luke assault allegedly happened. The OP was talking about when the news broke.

It doesn't matter which one we were talking about... because almost everything that person was saying was ludicrous. From suggesting that people who voted for Trump don't value sexual assault allegations... to the race-baiting allegations about the times we live in. Why is this not something you understand? Do you actually think that making sweeping generalizations of people is the in-thing to do? Would you be okay if the world made generalizations about you?

You're talking to yourself. And it makes you sound crazy. I never said the bolded.

Err... hello? I never said you said the bolded... however, you were trying to rationalize what the OP said instead of immediately understanding that he was making those generalizations and why he was wrong to do so. So, I asked you the bolded part to see if I could kickstart your mind into realizing that. Clearer now?

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
The Gr8 Lakes wrote:
cooleggs wrote:
This is such crap. This girl is what - 6'2" -- I don't believe her. This is a money grab. LW did not rape her. LW did not assault her. LW came on to her and she didn't want to sleep with him and she left. We all here have a good sense of LW. We've seen him since he was drafted. NO Way do I think he tried to force himself on KT.

On the other hand - we have some sense of KT -- she's broke and sees and opportunity. Again guys - she is 6'2" -- she's not scared she's going to be raped by a famous athlete that she asked to write the forward to her book. Doesn't pass the smell test at all. Why is she doing a presser (with no make up or dressed like she usually does) for this other than to embarrass him and extort money? If we want justice why aren't we at the police station?

Women do experience real sexual assault and rape. This is a slap in the face to all of them.

Kelli is 6’2 so it couldn’t happen. Cmon that’s pathetic. Luke is 6’8 and a professional athlete. Get a clue. So with your logic 5’2 women aren’t assaulted by 5’8 men. Correct?

None of us know what happened. We do know from his time as a Wildcat and Laker that Luke seems like a good guy. I know nothing of either of them personally. So I won’t judge either.

Kelly was an athlete as well. You can't state that he is 6'8" and then not look at the fact that this is not some little woman. For godsake - take a look at her. She is very attractive and also very tall for a woman. That doesn't mean she couldn't be raped or assaulted - but the odds go down considerably - wouldn't you say. -- Some of you lack common sense.

I’m not sure you understand the level of nonsense this is. Comparing Men and Women physically is usually favoriting the Man. Add the fact that man is probably 75lbs stronger and 5-6 inches taller. Now add the fact he’s a Professional athlete, His Physicality and strength dwarf hers. Common sense?

I see you skipped over the fact that 5’2 women aren’t assaulted by 5’8 men. Your post was insensitive and accusatory while making points based on nothing but your warped opinion. I’m a father of 2 Daughters myself(both athletes at a young age 15-8) and I also coach boys. The difference in strength and power is massive and my Daughters are both freaky strong and athletic.

I’m not here to debate Man vs. Woman, however I will say that saying she is a former athlete and 6’2 is about a piss poor reason for her not being assaulted as you could find.

I don’t wish this on anyone but if someone any of us knew was attacked or assaulted and the woman was 6’0 and the perp was 5’9 would you dismiss it because “Look at her” common sense my friend.

Lot's of high horse riders here. Again - my wife was assaulted - I have family members who were assaulted. KT was not. She was in an uncomfortable situation at best. Many of you blur the lines between rape and workplace coercion and the like. Trying to be some knight in shining armor - does not take away from the fact that this woman is looking for money. Not justice -- money.

My wife was raped and sexually assaulted, so I don’t think you should make such brazen statements. It’s tasteless. Sadly, if you were to talk to many women they would say they were at some point in their life sexually assaulted. I’m not on a high horse, don’t know what happened and I won’t judge till then. If what she says is true. That’s assault. Period. If she’s out for money, then that’s a crime in my eyes as well. I’m not blurring any lines whatsoever.. I was responding to your definitive stance on what happened and using appearance and stature as a way of determining if it was true or false.

The press conference looked bad. The eye test to me wasn’t very good. My initial thought was this is very deliberate and a charade. I had to stop. I realized I was jumping the gun because of my perception of Luke. He seems like a good guy. I have friends that are good guys that have done some dumb things, I’m sure we all do. My whole point was, who knows wth happened and let’s wait for this to play out instead of playing Matlock and saying she couldn’t have been assaulted because she was a middle blocker and is 6’2.

You are the one that is making definitive statements. I'm stating what I believe. I have no idea what happened first hand -- neither will a judge or jury. They will look at accounts and evidence. From the looks of this - I think this is a money grab -- it is common sense. I could be incorrect - that's fine -- I'm sure KT will be fine with people talking about this. She had a presser after all. I'm sympathetic to real assault victims (like your wife and mine). I don't think Kelly is acting like an assault victim - I've seen that up and close. I think she's acting like an opportunist.

Last edited by cooleggs on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:11 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:

Err... hello? I never said you said the bolded... the OP said them... however, you were trying to rationalize what he said instead of immediately understanding why he is wrong. So, I asked you the bolded part to see if I could kickstart your mind into realizing that. Clearer now?

So you understand the OP believes Trump supporters don't care about sexual assault? Cool. Glad we can agree.

Now if I can only convince the other guy there isn't a height requirement to be a sexual assault victim.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:16 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Err... hello? I never said you said the bolded... the OP said them... however, you were trying to rationalize what he said instead of immediately understanding why he is wrong. So, I asked you the bolded part to see if I could kickstart your mind into realizing that. Clearer now?

So you understand the OP believes Trump supporters don't care about sexual assault? Cool. Glad we can agree.

Now if I can only convince the other guy there isn't a height requirement to be a sexual assault victim.

Nopes. I think that when it suits you and your motives, you can be on the same level as the OP in terms of applying logic and hypocrisy. Horrible at the first and very good at the second.

Also, I have nothing to do with the "other guy" and think his take is ludicrous too. You have chosen a wiser and correct path to argue there than you have with me.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:18 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Nopes. I think that when it suits you and your motives, you can be on the same level as the OP in terms of applying logic and hypocrisy. Horrible at the first and very good at the second.

Also, I have nothing to do with the second guy and think his take is ludicrous too. You have chosen a wiser and correct path to argue there than you have with me.

Thanks for telling me your feelings. Hope you feel better.
If you ever have any proof to back up the personal attacks. I'd love to hear it.
Or even better. Proof Luke didn't do it. Till then, I'll be the guy talking about the topic, saying there isn't enough info to know if the assault happened or not, and not insulting people.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:22 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Also, I have nothing to do with the second guy and think his take is ludicrous too. You have chosen a wiser and correct path to argue there than you have with me.

Thanks for telling me your feelings. Hope you feel better.
If you ever have any proof to back up the personal attacks. I'd love to hear it.
Or even better. Proof Luke didn't do it. Till then, I'll be the guy talking about the topic and not insulting people.

Pointing out hypocrisy and a lack of logic in a statement is not a personal attack. Certainly no less than telling someone they sound crazy, as you did.

As for Luke, why would you ask me for proof that Luke didn't do it? I've been consistently saying in here from the beginning that we shouldn't judge either side... and I have no opinion on whether he did it or if she's making it up.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Luke's lawyer already said they are going to fight this in a courtroom so clearly they are not backing down from saying these claims are baseless.

So all you "rich pro-athlete over accuser" folks and you "she must be telling the truth" peeps will get to soon find out what's real and what is not....
cooleggs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Luke's lawyer already said they are going to fight this in a courtroom so clearly they are not backing down from saying these claims are baseless.

So all you "rich pro-athlete over accuser" folks and you "she must be telling the truth" peeps will get to soon find out what's real and what is not....

That's the way it should be - I've got no horse in the race - just a bet on who I think will win - lol.

Last edited by cooleggs on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:

Pointing out hypocrisy and a lack of logic in a statement is not a personal attack. Certainly no less than telling someone they sound crazy, as you did.

Saying something is true isn't logic. Proving it is true, makes it logic.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:30 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Saying something is true isn't logic. Proving it is true, makes it logic.

Sigh... arguing with you is a lost cause, as you proved in that other thread too.

Also, you may have missed my edit above... so I'll repost this...

"As for Luke, why would you ask me for proof that Luke didn't do it? I've been consistently saying in here from the beginning that we shouldn't judge either side... and I have no opinion on whether he did it or if she's making it up."
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:32 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:

"As for Luke, why would you ask me for proof that Luke didn't do it? I've been consistently saying in here from the beginning that we shouldn't judge either side... and I have no opinion on whether he did it or if she's making it up."

Because at least that would be on topic. Instead of the personal attacks. Claiming I said something I didn't. And then getting mad about it.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Because at least that would be on topic. Instead of the personal attacks.

The OP took it off-topic... and we were responding to him... then you jumped in without following the full conversation and began to rationalize his thoughts and took it further off-topic... and now you're telling me that I'm off-topic for responding to you. Can you see how I'm beginning to despair here?
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:35 pm    Post subject:

What a tire fire of a thread.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
kikanga wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Because at least that would be on topic. Instead of the personal attacks.

Buddy... the OP took it off-topic... and we were responding to him... then you jumped in to rationalize his thoughts and took it further off-topic... and now you're telling me that I'm off-topic.

If someone misunderstand another person's point in the thread. And I clarify the misunderstanding, I'm the bad guy? OK.

Last edited by kikanga on Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
If someone misunderstand another person's point in the thread. And I clarify the misunderstanding, I'm the bad guy? OK.

There was no misunderstanding on this end of what the OP was saying. As I pointed out... he was making generalizations of people and also bringing race-baiting into the discussion. You appear to be okay with that. I am not.

yinoma2001 wrote:
What a tire fire of a thread.

Sorry, I know I'm party to blame. My apologies to all who are having to scroll through these posts and to the mods too. Going to give this thread a break.
Fortysixn2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:05 pm    Post subject:

I know two things

- A woman’s height or appearance or weight has no bearing on if she has or can be assaulted

- To bring politics into something like this is not only self serving but disrespectful to any victim of sexual assault.

My Obama statement was a specific response to a person using an alleged sexual assault to make a political point. I made a counterpoint to show how silly they were. If you truly think that Trump supporters don’t view sexual assault as serious or that conversely that all liberals respect and treat women correctly, you are living in a fantasy world designed to affirm your own political beliefs.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:20 pm    Post subject:

I don't have enough information to say what I believe to be "true." Luke hasn't said anything, so I don't get his side and while I believe Kelli's story, that could be only because I haven't heard Luke's. There's 3 sides to a story. I'll wait for more information to make my analysis.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:57 pm    Post subject:

I know one thing: this thread is not worth the time to moderate it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18
Page 18 of 18
Jump to: