WTF Luke?! (Sued for sexual assault)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:22 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Poor Vlade

Like I've said before, Vlade will be out of work next season. But who cares about the lowly sacto queens? We've got much bigger problems to worry about on our hands.
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:24 pm    Post subject:

The Lakers released a statement: https://on.nba.com/2Usq72Q
malcolm
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
Yes, because it's very desirable for women to have the fact that they were sexually assaulted made public,
to be accused of lying, to be threatened by strangers, and to potentially experience professional repercussions . . .

It's not that simple . . . at all.

Last edited by malcolm on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:29 pm    Post subject:

For the record press release kinda throws Luke under the bus.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:31 pm    Post subject:

Either this lady Tennant is a really big Lakers fan that she's never brought this up during Luke's tenure with the Lakers or Luke just stopped paying her hush money.
Andre2K
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:33 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
I'll wait for facts to give us a visit.

And please let's stop with the "Why is she just coming out with this now?" stuff.

In any scenario, I hope none of this is true. Nobody wins there.

If she gets any type of settlement then she wins here.

Not only did Luke write her the foreword she requested but she shows her appreciation by suing him for money. Win - win.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Luke walks by the office trash, shoots and says Kobe.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:34 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
I think us men need to have a talk about being men.

Well, that's true with or without this story and with or without sexual assault allegations in general.

I just hope the implications of your statement here is not that there is something inherently wrong with masculinity ... because there's not.

There is something wrong, however, with men's ability to properly lead, be patient, and live a life of humility.

Like I said though, these problems are almost entirely independent of this event.

Men can do their best to avoid these type of situations by ONLY marrying or being with a woman who fully and completely accentuates and understands your way of life and desires in a very honest way.

That means that if you know you like OPP, she has to be okay with it. This little tidbit is extremely important because when you marry a woman that understands your need for other women you become less sexually repressed, which leads to less instances where you are overly aggressive and "thirsty" for OPP.

I'm not referring to serial offenders like Weinstein and Cosby -- they were both lazy and drunk with power (many in their positions are) -- but moreso the common man who finds himself around attractive women.

No matter how high your stress level, how bad you think you need "it", your sexual desires must never supercede your proclivity towards rational thought.

I have no idea if Walton is innocent or not, but in all situations, a man mustn't ever be thirsty for women. If your "mind-boning" game is where it should be you'll never be in situations where you're required to be the uber-agressor. A real man knows that he's the prize in any exchange -- she must earn him.

When men learn how to properly lead their women and families and learn true patience and humility, they can drop the "I got to have some right now"/dope fiend-mentality and, instead, adopt a mentality of kingship where she must earn the honor of your presence ... not the other way around.

Just an old man nugget from Pesci. Y'all carry on.
Wvc0925
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Lol wtf do they wait several years. Total bs money grab
Polarbear
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:35 pm    Post subject:

Really dissapointed in some of you

Love Luke....hope it is not true...innocent until proven guilty

but

You money grab people need to check yourselves.....I deal with this and ppl emotionally handle this in different ways.....just because it didnt happen right after the incident means NOTHING (if it did)

knee jerk reactions on this stuff look bad both ways
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject:

Joe Pesci wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Well, that's true with or without this story and with or without sexual assault allegations in general.

I just hope the implications of your statement here is not that there is something inherently wrong with masculinity ... because there's not.

There is something wrong, however, with men's ability to properly lead, be patient, and live a life of humility.

Like I said though, these problems are almost entirely independent of this event.

Men can do their best to avoid these type of situations by ONLY marrying or being with a woman who fully and completely accentuates and understands your way of life and desires in a very honest way.

That means that if you know you like OPP, she has to be okay with it. This little tidbit is extremely important because when you marry a woman that understands your need for other women you become less sexually repressed, which leads to less instances where you are overly aggressive and "thirsty" for OPP.

I'm not referring to serial offenders like Weinstein and Cosby -- they were both lazy and drunk with power (many in their positions are) -- but moreso the common man who finds himself around attractive women.

No matter how high your stress level, how bad you think you need "it", your sexual desires must never supercede your proclivity towards rational thought.

I have no idea if Walton is innocent or not, but in all situations, a man mustn't ever be thirsty for women. If your "mind-boning" game is where it should be you'll never be in situations where you're required to be the uber-agressor. A real man knows that he's the prize in any exchange -- she must earn him.

When men learn how to properly lead their women and families and learn true patience and humility, they can drop the "I got to have some right now"/dope fiend-mentality and, instead, adopt a mentality of kingship where she must earn the honor of your presence ... not the other way around.

Just an old man nugget from Pesci. Y'all carry on.

Couldn’t have said it better myself, but I’ll try anyway. Don’t be petty.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Innocent until proven guilty. Always. Due process exists to protect its citizens, not persecute them.

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:43 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Please provide data to support this claim. Sexual assault perpetrators have no gender: https://slate.com/human-interest/2014/04/male-rape-in-america-a-new-study-reveals-that-men-are-sexually-assaulted-almost-as-often-as-women.html

The biggest sexual assault epidemic in this country is going on in juvenile and detention centers. The reason the media isn't covering it? 90% of the perpetrators are women: https://www.ibtimes.co.uk/us-idaho-lawsuit-reveals-sexual-assault-by-staff-male-teens-juvenile-detention-centers-1494582

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:50 pm; edited 2 times in total
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:45 pm    Post subject:

If you think the Lakersground replies are horrible I suggest you don't search her name on twitter. People are being very vicious with her. Again if you don't understand why a sexual assault victim would think twice about reporting then I don't know what to tell you.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
Fortysixn2 wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

You? Definitely not me, I’ve never sexually assualted anyone nor been accused of it.

If guys are jumping on women out there and forcing things then find them and tell them to be better, I’m good. Don’t lump me in with these creeps
Just cuz I have a twig and berries breh.

I generalize. But seriously, there’s a lot, maybe even the majority of our sex, just seem lost af. If she’s trying to get you to hit her (from a man’s perspective) you take a long drive and pay the speeding ticket like all the other sane men out there.

I always tell young men and boys that your keys are your best friend in a relationship with a woman in which you are cohabitating, so I agree with you.

I'd just add that not enough "good" men are teaching young ones how to manage their own emotions while in relationships with the opposite sex.

Many young guys are left to figure things out on their own absent of wise male counsel, and that's a shame because the biological principles involved in male and female relationships hasn't changed much in over a century -- the proper manner for the male to interact with the female should be passed down from generation to generation.
Joe Pesci
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

KindCrippler2000 wrote:
Innocent until proven guilty. Always. Due process exists to protect its citizens, not persecute them. The fact that this is a civil suit and not a criminal one is very telling.

I lost all faith in the #MeToo movement the moment one of their figureheads turned out to be a rapist, pedophile and child molester. How many people are using the movement as a shield for their own transgressions?

99% of the time, anything that uses the term "movement" behind it is suspect, shady, and has nefarious motives.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:00 pm    Post subject:

Edit: double post

Last edited by KindCrippler2000 on Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

eureca wrote:
XXIII wrote:
So she's going after Luke 2 years after the alleged incident occurred. What a joke! I got she never finds work in the media again and gets blacklisted. I have zero sympathy for all these "women" who come out years later to claim all this BS MeToo movement nonsense because they didn't get the promotion or the role or the exclusive interview they thought they were getting going up to a man's hotel room in the middle of the night.

Rosanne Barr described them best not too long ago. Nothing is gonna happen to Luke and nothing is gonna happen to Harvey Weinstein.

One thing I didn't expect today in the Lakers Lounge was Harvey Weinstein defenders. Let alone someone that quotes Roseanne when a sexual assault allegation happens.

I like how he put women in quotes. Like it's in dispute that they are women.
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:01 pm    Post subject:

Sometimes I feel like I've wandered into an episode of Mad Men here.
FredG
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject:

Is that really Kobe 2.0 in this thread?
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
composite wrote:
Only a civil lawsuit? No criminal case brought? Sounds like a money grab

I wouldn’t be surprised if she’s trying to cash in by making up stuff.

She had a career as a reporter. She figured "id rather fabricate a sexual assault and 'cash in'"?

You pull a lot of stuff out of your ass and we all tolerate it because it's harmless, but this is super over the line.

Question: what does her career as a reporter have to do with her integrity? I'd venture absolutely nothing as the correct answer.

How about we stop picking sides, let the facts come out (if they even come out at all)... and then you guys can judge if you want to? Until then, anything is a possibility, i.e., either he did it... or she's making it up. 50-50 chance for each.

Thank you

After talking about this with my wife, we came to this conclusion, we have nothing to go on at this point, just need to wait for the facts to come out. They usually do.
where24happens
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:09 pm    Post subject:

CandyCanes wrote:
where24happens wrote:
Could easily be a money grab, especially since its years later and so far no evidence.

Yes, because it's very desirable for women to have the fact that they were sexually assaulted made public, to be accused of lying, to be threatened by strangers, and to potentially experience professional repercussions. Great analysis!

We have no idea if this is true. There are countless instances of false rape reports. Look at the UVA rolling stone scandal, duke lacrosse, Kobe Bryant case, etc etc. Don’t be so quick to believe one way or another.
Jellojigglin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
It’s pretty messed up how a majority of the comments about this are either jokes or people calling her a liar because the guy was an athlete.
Innocent until proven guilty we don’t know what happened. Who goes to a Hotel to work on a paper? Nothing good ever happens late night in a hotel room for married people.
Fracture
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:18 pm    Post subject:

You (bleep) up Luke.

He's the Kings problem now
Practice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

Jellojigglin wrote:
Practice wrote:
It’s pretty messed up how a majority of the comments about this are either jokes or people calling her a liar because the guy was an athlete.
Innocent until proven guilty we don’t know what happened. Who goes to a Hotel to work on a paper? Nothing good ever happens late night in a hotel room for married people.

There’s a difference between innocent until proven guilty and saying from the jump that the accuser is lying.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 4 of 18
Jump to: