U.S. Dealing With The Most Measles Cases Since Disease Was Contained In 2000
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:07 pm    Post subject: U.S. Dealing With The Most Measles Cases Since Disease Was Contained In 2000

The U.S. is dealing with the largest outbreak of measles cases since the disease was eliminated in 2000, according to an analysis by CNN.

I would say that he Anti-Vaxers can go (bleep) themselves, but they are really (bleeping) everyone.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:50 pm    Post subject:

Welcome to the consequences I've been warning about for 10+ years.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
DuncanIdaho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:59 pm    Post subject:

https://www.reddit.com/r/vaxxhappened/ will make your blood boil

These people are a literal plague on humanity.
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:19 pm    Post subject:

When the children of one of these fruitloops gets infected with a previously controlled disease, send in CPS to charge em with child endangerment and public nuisance. And send them a bill with whatever the county has to spend for containment.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

Yep!
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:39 pm    Post subject:

I just read they've had a few cases in LA.

I've been debating whether to get vaccinated. I was born after they started vaccinating kids in 60s but I don't have my shot records from back then or recollection of having measles as a kid. Measles can be pretty serious for adults.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:50 pm    Post subject:

It because of the immigration invasion. They brought the measles with them.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:53 pm    Post subject:

That must mean autism is at an all-time low!
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:58 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
It because of the immigration invasion. They brought the measles with them.

Measles: Jews have been blamed for outbreaks since the plague
By Jordan Fenster Updated 4:04 pm EDT, Tuesday, April 16, 2019

it was news to me
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Want to see scary? Join this mongoloid facebook group

https://www.facebook.com/groups/OurKidsOurChoice.OpposeSB277/?ref=nf_target&fref=nf
PLATNUM
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 9:37 pm    Post subject:

*sigh. Humans.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:33 am    Post subject:

It's amazing and aggravating that even as these measles outbreaks get worse, these anti-vaxxers still think that not getting themselves or their kids is somehow safer than getting vaccinated.

As NOFX once said, The Idiots Are Taking Over.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

A Measles Case Has Hit Google's Silicon Valley Headquarters

In the midst of a historic US measles outbreak, at least one Google employee walking around the tech giant’s main Silicon Valley campus has been diagnosed.

Quote:
A flight attendant for El Al, Israel’s national carrier, was hospitalized with measles Wednesday after contracting the disease on a flight from New York to Tel Aviv last week, the Times of Israel reported.

The woman, who news reports said had been vaccinated, is unconscious and on a respirator. Israel’s Health Ministry has warned people who took El Al Flight 002 — which departed New York’s John F. Kennedy International airport on March 26 — to seek medical care if they developed any measles symptoms, which can include a fever and a rash.

Israel has been rocked with a massive measles outbreak since last year, racking up over 3,600 cases in 2018. New York State is also seeing historic measles outbreaks among the ultra-Orthodox population, with over 214 cases recorded in Brooklyn’s Hasidic communities and over 153 in Hasidic communities in the suburban Rockland County area.

Read more: https://forward.com/fast-forward/421984/measles-infection-el-al-new-york-tel-aviv-israel/

Religion isn't supposed to be a Fantasy. Simple laws of happiness and health.

*If science isn't God in action then what is it? Why are they so afraid.
Not to trash on Trump here at every chance but it is really sad how he is so racist and hateful he has taken away all of the foreign aid support from small "(bleep)" countries that need our support and influence of education and civil rights..

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2015/02/03/383305152/beyond-rash-and-fever-how-measles-can-kill
Quote:
"A lot of folks feel measles isn't a big deal. It just causes a rash and a fever," says Dr. Alice Ackerman, chairwoman of the pediatrics department at Virginia Tech Carilion School of Medicine. "In the majority of cases, that's true."

But in about 1 in 1,000 cases, the infection becomes systemic and moves to the brain.

"This causes behavioral changes, potential brain swelling and convulsions," Ackerman says. There's little doctors can do. Children can be left deaf, blind or with mental retardation — if they recover.

Even after a mild, "normal" case of measles, Ackerman says, there's a very small chance brain damage could develop years later.

"It doesn't matter how bad your initial measles infection was," she says. "Up to about eight years later, children can start showing behavioral changes. They may have problems sleeping or start acting funny. It's a degenerative process: The brain gets more and more physically damaged [from inflammation] over time."

"It's heartbreaking," Ackerman says. "I've personally seen about about 10 children in my career with subacute sclerosing panencephalitis, or SSPE. It's very scary. You just kind of say, 'I can't treat this, once this damage is done.' "

Quote:
A flight attendant for El Al, Israel’s national carrier, was hospitalized with measles Wednesday after contracting the disease on a flight from New York to Tel Aviv last week, the Times of Israel reported.

The woman, who news reports said had been vaccinated, is unconscious and on a respirator. Israel’s Health Ministry has warned people who took El Al Flight 002 — which departed New York’s John F. Kennedy International airport on March 26 — to seek medical care if they developed any measles symptoms, which can include a fever and a rash.

Israel has been rocked with a massive measles outbreak since last year, racking up over 3,600 cases in 2018. New York State is also seeing historic measles outbreaks among the ultra-Orthodox population, with over 214 cases recorded in Brooklyn’s Hasidic communities and [b]over 153 in Hasidic communities in the suburban Rockland County area.

Read more: https://forward.com/fast-forward/421984/measles-infection-el-al-new-york-tel-aviv-israel/
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:51 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

LC, do you suggest people born prior to 1977 or whatever the date was who have already been vaccinated do so again.

*Sort of like prayer.. I don't like to visit doctors until I really need one.. I try to take care of myself
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:53 am    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

LC, do you suggest people born prior to 1977 or whatever the date was who have already been vaccinated do so again.

*Sort of like prayer.. I don't like to visit doctors until I really need one.. I try to take care of myself

you can check the antibody titer to see if you need a booster, takes like 48-72 hrs for the result, it's quick
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

you can check the antibody titer to see if you need a booster, takes like 48-72 hrs for the result, it's quick

Thank you very much.

Is the Measles vaccination free?
If not shouldn't all public health immunizations be provided free of charge?
I believe so wholeheartedly
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 6:10 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

Thank you very much.

In NY state, it's free for:

Uninsured adults aged 19 years and older;
Underinsured adults aged 19 years and older (i.e., health insurance does not cover the costs of the vaccine to be administered);

Students of any age that are enrolled in or entering a post-secondary institution in New York State

Fully insured post-secondary students are only eligible to receive measles, mumps, and rubella (MMR) vaccine through the VFA program.
Huey Lewis & The News
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

Thank you very much.

lots of places offer "low income" mmr, what's your area right now?
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:

The CDC recommends that adults born after 1957 who do not have evidence of immunity should get one dose of the vaccine. LINK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LarryCoon
Site Staff
Site Staff

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:27 am    Post subject:

BTW, while this continues to be news, you will probably see lots of references to people getting measles who have been vaccinated, implying that the vaccine is ineffective.

It's not.

It's just math. Let me make an analogy with seat belts. If 95% of drivers wear seat belts, and they are 90% effective at preventing death in severe accidents, while drivers NOT wearing seat belts are 80% likely to die in severe accidents. Then for every million severe accidents, you'd expect to see:

* 950,000 drivers having worn seat belts. Since they're 90% effective, you'd have 855,000 who live, and 95,000 who die.

* 50,000 drivers not wearing seat belts. Since they are 80% likely to die, you'd have 40,000 deaths, and 10,000 who live.

Now lets look at the ones who die -- there are 135,000 deaths among the two groups, 95,000 of them wearing seat belts and 40,000 not wearing seat belts.

The BAD argument is, "Seat belts are ineffective. Over 70% of the people who die in accidents were wearing them."

The problem with the argument is that with 95% compliance, even with the very high level of protection, there's still a greater number who die with seat belts on. But that doesn't change the fact that they are 90% effective at having prevented death, compared to a base rate of 20%.

So when you see this argument thrown out about vaccines, keep in mind the different sizes of the base populations. If someone dies from a vaccine-preventable disease, it's still more likely that they will have been vaccinated, just as it's more likely that if someone dies in an accident, they will have been wearing a seat belt.

Few people use this misunderstanding to claim that we shouldn't wear seat belts. But people DO use it to claim that we shouldn't vaccinate.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

The CDC recommends that adults born after 1957 who do not have evidence of immunity should get one dose of the vaccine. LINK

How do you feel about mandatory vaccination? it's an invasive procedure to stick a needle, necessary but unethical? should be illegal?
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

How do you feel about mandatory vaccination? it's an invasive procedure to stick a needle, necessary but unethical? should be illegal?

It absolutely should be mandatory. If it only affected the individual, there might be an argument against it, but in this case, you're endangering not just yourself, but potentially thousands.

The sad thing is that it shouldn't have to be mandatory. Every single person who is able to get one should want to get one. Just look at what has happened since these anti-vax morons started their movement.

And yes, they're morons. Actually, they're worse, but the accurate description would violate the everloving hell out of the profanity filter here.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 7:52 am    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
governator wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

It absolutely should be mandatory. If it only affected the individual, there might be an argument against it, but in this case, you're endangering not just yourself, but potentially thousands.

The sad thing is that it shouldn't have to be mandatory. Every single person who is able to get one should want to get one. Just look at what has happened since these anti-vax morons started their movement.

And yes, they're morons. Actually, they're worse, but the accurate description would violate the everloving hell out of the profanity filter here.

Yeah but until a non invasive method of delivery is developed (nasal spray?), can it be legal to enfored?
JerryMagicKobe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:35 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
governator wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

Yeah but until a non invasive method of delivery is developed (nasal spray?), can it be legal to enfored?

I have GOOD NEWS for you.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 8:40 am    Post subject:

JerryMagicKobe wrote:
governator wrote:
Hector the Pup wrote:
governator wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:
LarryCoon wrote:

I have GOOD NEWS for you.

someday so you guys think it should be mandatory if not invasive?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: