Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 108, 109, 110  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2019 7:56 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:
^likely it's the comedian.

hmm, I thought when Lady Trieu said her father would be there with her and her mother (daughter), but has not arrived yet pointed to Ozymandias. The Comedian is dead, right?

I think Ozy is in that gold statue and he was the one we saw crash to Earth earlier this season (on the farm). I expect Lady Trieu to revive him before the end of this season.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:36 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

hmm, I thought when Lady Trieu said her father would be there with her and her mother (daughter), but has not arrived yet pointed to Ozymandias. The Comedian is dead, right?

I think Ozy is in that gold statue and he was the one we saw crash to Earth earlier this season (on the farm). I expect Lady Trieu to revive him before the end of this season.

I think you're right. We saw him trying to send a message to that satellite and we know space exploration is one of Trieu's fields of expertise. We've also seen cloning is recurring theme (dogs, babies, and Trieu's mother) as well as the restoration of memories.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:49 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:
adkindo wrote:
LakerSanity wrote:

I think you're right. We saw him trying to send a message to that satellite and we know space exploration is one of Trieu's fields of expertise. We've also seen cloning is recurring theme (dogs, babies, and Trieu's mother) as well as the restoration of memories.

Laurie Blake in the TV series was Silk Spectre II from the movie, it that accurate? Also, the guy at Looking Glass's bunker that did not have his Rorschach mask meant that Looking Glass has it? And will likely save Agent Blake?

Also, if you have a gun, and some crazy lady is pointing a remote control at you clicking it agitated because nothing is happening.....don't you shoot that crazy lady instead of just setting there waiting for something to happen?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:52 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The showrunner for Watchmen is hell bent on there being no season 2. This is a one off. I'm sure HBO will pressure him as much as possible to make another season. But I doubt he will. HBO might have to bring in another writer and different directors if they really want to go past this 1 season.

I read that he said he did not want to do a Season 2, but he would be fine if HBO brought in someone else to do a Season 2. Since that project is not even moving, I assume at the earliest it is 2 years out.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:

Laurie Blake in the TV series was Silk Spectre II from the movie, it that accurate? Also, the guy at Looking Glass's bunker that did not have his Rorschach mask meant that Looking Glass has it? And will likely save Agent Blake?

Also, if you have a gun, and some crazy lady is pointing a remote control at you clicking it agitated because nothing is happening.....don't you shoot that crazy lady instead of just setting there waiting for something to happen?

Yes. Silk Spectre II's biological father was Edward Blake aka the Comedian. I hadn't thought about the 7th Kav guy missing the mask but that's a good theory. Who knew Looking Glass was such a badass? He and Agent Blake have been my two favorite characters in the show.

Did they ever address who was the tall skinny guy in silver aka "Lube Guy" who saw Angela dump the evidence over the bridge?
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 03, 2019 9:41 am    Post subject:

^^^I am not aware of any mention of Lube Guy, but I think it has been speculated it is Agent Petey.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:45 pm    Post subject:

I am SO confused after this latest Watchmen but I'm very much along for the ride

I loved Mr. Robot too
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:52 pm    Post subject:

was hoping someone could clarify this semi-logistical type of thing for me re: watchmen:

when Lady Trieu and Angela are in the room with the globe, angela says something like "did my grandfather put that idea in your head" (idea regarding dr. manhattan not being on mars) and trieu says "he put it in mine"

is that referring to where the grandfather says in an eariler episode "there's a dark and insidious conspiracy in Tulsa" or something else?

that line kind of went over my head
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 9:18 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
was hoping someone could clarify this semi-logistical type of thing for me re: watchmen:

when Lady Trieu and Angela are in the room with the globe, angela says something like "did my grandfather put that idea in your head" (idea regarding dr. manhattan not being on mars) and trieu says "he put it in mine"

is that referring to where the grandfather says in an eariler episode "there's a dark and insidious conspiracy in Tulsa" or something else?

Yes. In that same episode he directly suggested Dr. Manhattan had taken on a human form. It seemed like a joke at the time because Angela quickly dismissed that notion saying he wasn't capable of that.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

Yes. In that same episode he directly suggested Dr. Manhattan had taken on a human form. It seemed like a joke at the time because Angela quickly dismissed that notion saying he wasn't capable of that.

ty ty!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Enjoyed everything about this week's Watchmen besides the ending.

Mr. Robot was all about saying goodbye to a couple characters. Which I liked since it's been a long journey. But I get it if it wasn't other's cup of tea. Practically nothing happened plot wise.
FWIW, spoiler: Mr. Robot has been hinting at a plane related tragedy for a while now. They've been pointing at it involving Darlene and Dom for years. https://tinyurl.com/trqh6dw

Last edited by kikanga on Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
PRLakeShow
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Finished reading Watchmen last week and today I watched the movie and all available episodes of the show. Damn this (bleep) is good.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

one episode left of the Watchmen. Should find out where Looking Glass is? Will lube guy be mentioned again?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:56 am    Post subject:

The Morning Show has gotten very good. I'm sad it's not being talked about more. This weeks episode was incredibly powerful and extremely relevant.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:34 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
The Morning Show has gotten very good. I'm sad it's not being talked about more. This weeks episode was incredibly powerful and extremely relevant.

still not sure how she thinks she will get sign off on an interview with him?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:42 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

still not sure how she thinks she will get sign off on an interview with him?

Yeah, there's not really an upside to it is there? He could just further damage the network's reputation. Unless they think that he is going to get an interview elsewhere and they think by having it themselves they can at least steer it how they'd like.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 3:56 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Wish more people watched it. It's an interesting discussion piece. I've never seen sexual misconduct in the workplace depicted with such a gray area.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:33 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Wish more people watched it. It's an interesting discussion piece. I've never seen sexual misconduct in the workplace depicted with such a gray area.

most of the time I have seen it in reality, it is nearly always somewhat gray....or has gray elements. The only solution I have ever seen to be effective is experience and maturity.....which is usually experienced and mature enough to know to avoid those relationships in the workplace.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:50 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
one episode left of the Watchmen. Should find out where Looking Glass is? Will lube guy be mentioned again?

I thought it was curious next week's preview said it was the "season" finale instead of series finale.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 5:42 am    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
adkindo wrote:

I thought it was curious next week's preview said it was the "season" finale instead of series finale.

I do not know the numbers of viewers, but if it is a financial success, they will not turn their back on a Season 2. I think this season will wrap up pretty good in a sense that if there is not another season, most questions will be answered.
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Mr. Robot was all about saying goodbye to a couple characters. Which I liked since it's been a long journey. But I get it if it wasn't other's cup of tea. Practically nothing happened plot wise.

Agreed. I enjoyed it because of the suspense added by Leon and Irving's appearances. Interesting theory, especially coinciding with where Irving makes his appearance.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Any theories for what Lady Trieu's plan is?
Wilt
LG Contributor
LG Contributor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 11, 2019 9:58 pm    Post subject:

After planning to do it for a few years, I finally began watching Westworld. Finished the entire first season in less than a week. It was fantastic. Hope the second one will be just as good, and will try to watch that before the third season airs on HBO.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
After planning to do it for a few years, I finally began watching Westworld. Finished the entire first season in less than a week. It was fantastic. Hope the second one will be just as good, and will try to watch that before the third season airs on HBO.

Eh... season 2 was a step or two down from season 1.
By the end of the season I was kinda mad to be honest. But I'm sure season 2 will be alot more tolerable in a binge format.
You might want to avoid watching season 3 till the whole season is done. Because, if it's like season 2, the story telling format can come off needlessly confusing just for the sake of it. And having it drawn out over multiple months just compounds the issue x10.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:37 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Any theories for what Lady Trieu's plan is?

I assume you mean in relation to that big clock thing starting up and what it will do? I do not. Seems like they have a lot to cover in one episode remaining.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 25 of 110
Jump to: