Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 8:43 am    Post subject:

Just finished season 2 of Kingdom on Netflix. I'm almost gave up on this show after s1e2 but it was a wild ride starting with e3 and stayed interesting all the way to the end of s2.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:55 am    Post subject:

The Last Kingdom season 4 comes out at midnight tonight.
Solid show. A ton of stuff happens in just 1 episode, let alone a full season.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:45 am    Post subject:

Just found out about a show called Gangs of London.
The whole first season is complete. IMDB gives it an 8.5. Can't wait to check it out.
Seems like my type of show:

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:50 pm    Post subject:

Really enjoyed the series finale of Homeland. The show had its struggles over the course of the series but finished strong.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2020 5:11 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
The whole first season is complete. IMDB gives it an 8.5. Can't wait to check it out.

After watching the pilot all I can say is ... damn.

Bloody action on the level as banshee.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Edit: On episode 5 out of 9. The best, bloodiest, well filmed action I've seen in a TV show probably ever.

If anybody wants a link to download it. PM me. IMDB rating is now an 8.7. I'd personally give it a 9, easy.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:12 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Edit: On episode 5 out of 9. The best, bloodiest, well filmed action I've seen in a TV show probably ever.

If anybody wants a link to download it. PM me. IMDB rating is now an 8.7. I'd personally give it a 9, easy.

Damn what's it on? I have to check it out!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2020 11:30 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

Damn what's it on? I have to check it out!

I PMed it to you.

Otherwise you have to get a VPN to get a UK ip address and stream it with NOWTV app with a free 7 day trial.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 2:12 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
Really enjoyed the series finale of Homeland. The show had its struggles over the course of the series but finished strong.

I finished it a few days ago. The ending was quite satisfying. The show gave us plenty, and with the ending, it just felt the timing was right. The ride felt over--enough but not too much. I watched every episode of every season and though some were definitely not as good as others, I enjoyed each one. It is a top five show for my tastes for sure.

Homeland
Claire
Mandy
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:57 pm    Post subject:

I finished Hunters and thought it was pretty good although the last episode seemed to have jumped the shark at least once lol. I did enjoy the constant struggle each character went through regarding ends justifying means and if killing evil people is actually acceptable. It reminded me of Gandalf talking to Frodo about Gollum and not being so hasty in dealing out death even to those that are deserving because we cannot grant life to the dead that deserve life.

The final scene made it go from a pretty good show that explored moral compass to one that just wants to be shocking and entertaining. Essentially went from a really good restaurant burger to a $1 McDouble. Both are enjoyable but there’s a huge difference lol
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2020 4:59 pm    Post subject:

I just started Apple+ new show “Trying” which is good so far. A good balance of comedy with drama. And at 30 minute episodes it’s easy to digest. Finally catching up on Outlander too lol. Wayyy behind.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:19 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

I finished it a few days ago. The ending was quite satisfying. The show gave us plenty, and with the ending, it just felt the timing was right. The ride felt over--enough but not too much. I watched every episode of every season and though some were definitely not as good as others, I enjoyed each one. It is a top five show for my tastes for sure.

Homeland
Claire
Mandy

I was disappointed by the twist at the end, especially after the scene in her office that reflected on her past. It's like she learned nothing. SPOILER: even the book dedicated to Franny is just a cover to play more spy games with Saul.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 03, 2020 10:39 am    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
ribeye wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:

Homeland
Claire
Mandy

I was disappointed by the little twist at the end, especially after the scene in her office that reflected on her past. It's like she learned nothing. SPOILER: even the book dedicated to Franny is just a cover to play more spy games with Saul.

SPOILER

I get how one might feel that way but we came to know that Carey was both broken and dedicated to a fault, and too far gone to become human. The ending began totally in character, first, to betray her greatest friend and ally, but, second, to make it good the way she did. (At least the writers did not get lazy with an ending one might expect, where the betrayal did not occur due to some last minute miraculous "brilliant" solution, so that very end would not be necessary) The agent always came before everything. She may not have been the first, but she was damn close it it, in being such a complex female lead, we could love one minute and hate the next.

SPOILER
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 7:26 am    Post subject:

^^^the ending to me was just a reminder that she was a terrible mother.
Omar Little

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2020 9:03 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
^^^the ending to me was just a reminder that she was a terrible mother.

She was terrible at everything other than the extremes of her job.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 6:51 am    Post subject:

So, any one excited about HBO's Perry Mason? Looks, and I do mean looks, like a classic film noir. Good cast.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2020 3:08 pm    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:
So, any one excited about HBO's Perry Mason? Looks, and I do mean looks, like a classic film noir. Good cast.

Tatiana Maslany and John Lithgow on the same show. Looks to be promising.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 12:46 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Westworld might be the shallowest show I've ever seen that was trying to be deep. The dialogue tries to be so philosophical. But I can only enjoy the show if I turn off my brain and just appreciate the score/soundtrack and visuals.

It really gets worse and more pretenious by the season. The classic rock scores I actually find annoying and distracting ("Is that Comfortably Numb or Dark Side of the Moon I'm listening to...") I hope it's done, and the writers never work again. They are Sam Harris podcast hacks.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2020 1:59 pm    Post subject:

I just finished season 1 of "Succession". Can't believe it took me this long to get into that show. It's great. Will start S:2 tonight.

Also started watching Netflix's "Hollywood". Found the first 3 episodes to be entertaining.

I gave Zero Zero Zero a try, but wasn't immediately hooked, but probably because I'm a). watching too many things and b). I'm a little burned out on the drug trade or Italian mob stores.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:

I gave Zero Zero Zero a try, but wasn't immediately hooked, but probably because I'm a). watching too many things and b). I'm a little burned out on the drug trade or Italian mob stores.

I wasn't either after the 1st episode. I think there are 9 of them. By episode 2 or 3, I knew I had to finish it. It's just so well made. Admittedly, it's alot of reading since 2 out of the 3 areas it takes place in don't speak English.

But it's one of the few shows I would say has been better than Better Call Saul this year. The other being maybe Gangs of London. Those are my top 3 for 2020 by a country mile.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 1:09 am    Post subject:

Just got done watching the 4th season of Schitt's Creek. One more season to go, and I'm sure I'll get around to finishing it up by the end of next week. It's so good.

No spoilers, please, for those who have already seen the show in its entirety. I know it aired its series finale not too long ago. I'll be sad that there aren't more episodes. I've really enjoyed it.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:24 am    Post subject:

ribeye wrote:

First time I am hearing....but heck yeah. As a kid, I watched (mostly because I was staying with grandparents during the day, and they were watching....but it was better than the soap operas as a kid) a lot of Perry Mason reruns.

Thanks for the news.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:32 am    Post subject:

I have always been one of those guys when nothing was on during the day, I could always switch over to HGTV and enjoy mostly anything that was airing....but I have never been really a fan of any show on there where I would actually watch each episode weekly. That has changed....came across "Bargain Mansions", and I am hooked. It is in Season 3, but I am now going back and watching earlier seasons. I am amazed at how cheap these properties are around Kansas City this season...and even more amazed how cheap they are listed/sold after they have been remodeled into a show place. If you get a chance, watch Season 3, Episode 1....I was thinking that house would be listed somewhere in the $700K - over $1 Million.....and it sold for under $300K! Florida real estate is considered cheap compared to places like CA or the Northeast....but there is no way you could get a house that large with all of the century old custom woodwork...and the massive square footage in an urban area for less than a million dollars.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 5:49 am    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
Just got done watching the 4th season of Schitt's Creek. One more season to go, and I'm sure I'll get around to finishing it up by the end of next week. It's so good.

No spoilers, please, for those who have already seen the show in its entirety. I know it aired its series finale not too long ago. I'll be sad that there aren't more episodes. I've really enjoyed it.

I'm on the 4th episode myself--but I'm on my second time around. Obviously, it is one of my favorites. It can be moving along just telling its story, when, Bam!, here comes a laugh out loud line or a scene worthy of the Marx Brothers.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 7:07 pm    Post subject:

Wilt wrote:
Wilt wrote:
My latest guilty pleasure: Elite

It's a Spanish, more modern Beverly Hills 90210 that airs on Netflix. Just like 90210, it features a bunch of actors in their 20s playing characters that are 16. It's apparently a big hit in Europe.

Update: this is turning out to be the most ridiculous show I've seen in a long time.

And I can't stop watching it.

My girl and I didn't go to sleep last night. Stayed up till sunrise watching Jersey Shore on Hulu.

It's so addicting. But I'm not proud about it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 36 of 111
Jump to: