Television: New Shows, new seasons, new characters, etc.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:47 pm    Post subject:

Living With Yourself on Netflix, starring Paul Rudd, quite entertaining. Kind of lags towards the end but I'd recommend it overall.
ExPatLkrFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

Finally watched the end of Sneaky Pete it was pretty good. The first half of season 1 really dragged but from there on it was good. Wished they went for season 4 but I can see why they didn't the show is basically a one trick pony and each scam will have to top the last in complexity. But yeah better than average.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:29 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
I wish I could fastforward 2 1/2 months into the future. When this season of Mr. Robot is done and then binge it all. It's so painful getting something so great in snippets.

On your recommendation I jumped back in with season 3. Glad I did!
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:09 am    Post subject:

So I gave up on succession because it seemed like they were just spinning their wheels and that wasn't encouraging for a show only on season 2. I loved season 1. Now that season 2 has ended, how would you guys rate it? Should I give it another shot?

I've been catching up on Peaky Blinders instead (almost done with season 4) and man, I love this show. I can't believe I went a couple years without watching it.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:18 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
So I gave up on succession because it seemed like they were just spinning their wheels and that wasn't encouraging for a show only on season 2. I loved season 1. Now that season 2 has ended, how would you guys rate it? Should I give it another shot?

I've been catching up on Peaky Blinders instead (almost done with season 4) and man, I love this show. I can't believe I went a couple years without watching it.

Hands down my favorite current show. It's awesome on so many levels.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

Man, do those lyrics resonate right now
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:31 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

I'm in the same canoe. Just recently I watched the first two seasons in what seemed like a New York minute, and, now holding back, savoring the experience in waiting to watch the next two.

DaMuleRules wrote:

Hard to find a better show. It could push into my top-ten all-time soon. I already like it better than The Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, and maybe (this might just get me banned), The Wire.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:02 am    Post subject:

^ I watched the first 2 seasons when they first came out but took a break for whatever reason. Maybe it was a gift so my future self could binge watch season 3, 4, and 5 back to back to back.

I was pumped way back when I found out Tom Hardy was joining but honestly I'm loving the addition of Adrien Brody even more.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 1:43 pm    Post subject:

tbh the wire kind of sucks

not even a hot take
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
tbh the wire kind of sucks

not even a hot take

haven't you started and stopped trying to watch The Wire for like a year? I get it, it may just not be your thing, but you are in the extreme minority. The Wire will always be in my Top 5.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

I still find it entertaining...but it is what it is, and I assume it will be until it goes off the air. It just does not seem like the plot is built in a way that will allow many surprises at this point. Maybe a better way to answer your question is I do not recall at any point this season thinking..."ok, now it is getting good". Episode 1 was about as stimulating as Episode 10.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:24 pm    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:

Why did you love season 1? What did you enjoy about it? Depending on your answers I could better determine if you should give season 2 a shot.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:58 pm    Post subject:

Just watched the 1st episode of Watchmen. I read the graphic novel back in the day.
Things some people may not know if they never read the graphic novel:
Dr. Manhattan was a watchmaker's son.
Ozymandias's fake apocalypse (in the novel) involved a giant squid pretending to be a monster from an invading alien species.
"The Seventh Cavalry" is what Ozymandias referred to as those who fought against the apocalypse. But don't read to much into that. Watchmen is all about the mismatches between intentions and results.

Last edited by kikanga on Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:00 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

What'd you think of the latest season?
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

Just finished season 4 of PB and it was incredible. That last episode really had my emotions all over the place lol.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 7:39 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
Just finished season 4 of PB and it was incredible. That last episode really had my emotions all over the place lol.

Definitely one of the highlights of the series thus far.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:02 pm    Post subject:

not sure if this is the right place, but Uninterrupted just released a documentary on YouTube titled Addicted to Winning. It hits a soft spot with me because it is focused on a high school football team in West Virginia, and the opioid epidemic that has infested the region that I will always call home.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2019 5:05 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

What'd you think of the latest season?

I have only seen the first episode, which I liked a lot.
goes up in flames
In 24 frames

Jason Isbell

numero-ocho
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2019 10:32 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
Just watched the 1st episode of Watchmen. I read the graphic novel back in the day.

Thanks. So many details went over my head watching the pilot. I don't know if I ever will read the graphic novel and I read a review that said this is a sequel to that. If so, this show might not be for me.

I didn't read any of the GoT novels either but the plot was pretty to easy to follow on the TV show, at least until Season 8.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:04 pm    Post subject:

Checking out Top Boy on Netflix. Pilot was 🔥. But I have to leave the subtitles on. The accents are thicc.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 2:13 pm    Post subject:

numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:

Thanks. So many details went over my head watching the pilot. I don't know if I ever will read the graphic novel and I read a review that said this is a sequel to that. If so, this show might not be for me.

I didn't read any of the GoT novels either but the plot was pretty to easy to follow on the TV show, at least until Season 8.

interesting - so if I know nothing about the graphic novel I shouldn't even bother with it?
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2019 5:28 pm    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
numero-ocho wrote:
kikanga wrote:

interesting - so if I know nothing about the graphic novel I shouldn't even bother with it?

Still check it out. They made it so it’s good whether you've read watchmen of not.
ribeye
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

Echo in the Canyon on Netflix offers a wonderful stroll back to a time when LA was one of the music hubs of the world. It has flashbacks of the music of the 60's, from the Byrds, to the Buffalo Springfield, to Brian Wilson, to the Mamas and the Papas, with modern day performances of that music by Jacob Dylan, Beck and others. It reminds us of that time when albums drove the industry (to the extent that a new LP could be an event), and how the LA scene became an equal to the British invasion with the introduction of this new thing, largely invented by the Byrds, folk rock.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Why did you love season 1? What did you enjoy about it? Depending on your answers I could better determine if you should give season 2 a shot.

Season 1 was just very gripping. Every episode was building toward a big finale and you truly didn't know what was going to happen. Now it just seems more formulaic - I felt like nothing was really going anywhere.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

loslakersss wrote:
kikanga wrote:
loslakersss wrote:

Season 1 was just very gripping. Every episode was building toward a big finale and you truly didn't know what was going to happen. Now it just seems more formulaic - I felt like nothing was really going anywhere.

Hmm. Well the show continued to be less plot driven in 2nd season. The plot just kinda lies in the background and you are meant to enjoy the character interactions. The finale does push things forward in a big way. But if you aren't a fan of just enjoying the characters the episodes before the finale may not be for you.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2019 9:05 am    Post subject:

^ thanks for the input. I truly enjoyed the characters in season 1 but in season 2 everyone I liked just became unlikable. I think that's my biggest gripe - I have no one root for. But I hear that Kendall starts to make a comeback so maybe I'll give it another shot.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 20 of 111
Jump to: