If you are Kawhi, why would you choose the Lakers over the Clippers?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Palin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 6:28 am    Post subject:

As he saw in the playoffs you need stars to win. Lakers already got Lebron, untill Clippers can bring that 2nd star next to Kawhi advantage Lakers.
Steve007
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
do you want to be "the man" in LA with countless celebs at your games, or do you want to be on a team nobody cares about where you can buy tickets on Groupon?

Not just the man nobody cares about, but the man everybody in your own city hates. He would be like Chris Paul getting booed at Dodger Stadium.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Ran into Josh Hart a few days ago in Santa Monica. Took a photo with him, very nice dude. I asked about Kawhi and he didn't think he was coming to the Lakers. He thinks he's going to the Clips, said that's what he's been hearing. He said we just need one more scorer and we're good. He seemed pretty excited and upbeat for next season.
Kobesystem
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2019 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Honestly, Leonard best bet is to stay with the Raptors (trade Lowry for Conley) or go to Brooklyn.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 12:55 am    Post subject:

Well the obvious answer is that KL wants to be the man, and he won't be on Lakers. He plays same position and wants the ball at the wing similar to LBJ. It's not like LBJ is a big or a point, allowing KL to play the wing.

It would need to be like Pippen/Jordan, and I can't see KL wanting to be the Pippen. I can't see LBJ taking that big a backseat to allow KL to be the Jordan.

On paper and talent wise it would be fantastic. In reality, KL's best bet is to stay in Toronto. More money and a better team. If he really loves LA, he should take Lakers over Clippers because Lakers would have the better team with KL, but it is unlikely to happen for reasons stated above.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:06 am    Post subject:

I wouldn't choose the Lakers if I were Kawai, and not just in comparison with the Clippers. I'd chose any of another dozen or so clubs (including LAC, Portland, Denver, Indy, ...) , the ones who've got their momentum, leadership and talent in far better condition that the Lakers do.
loslakersss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:58 am    Post subject:

Palin wrote:
As he saw in the playoffs you need stars to win. Lakers already got Lebron, untill Clippers can bring that 2nd star next to Kawhi advantage Lakers.

Wow, you called it.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

Ted wrote:
Ran into Josh Hart a few days ago in Santa Monica. Took a photo with him, very nice dude. I asked about Kawhi and he didn't think he was coming to the Lakers. He thinks he's going to the Clips, said that's what he's been hearing. He said we just need one more scorer and we're good. He seemed pretty excited and upbeat for next season.

Josh turned out to be right about Kawhi to the Clippers.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:23 pm    Post subject:

Who have the clippers treated well?

Doc is overrated. what has he done besides that one year with the big three in Boston ?

The lakers have traditionally taken care of their stars.

LA is a Laker town. Balmer and the clippers won’t change that. Neither will Kawhi.
JoeKool
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

not to mention he went to the town he wanted to, but LA is a Lakers (and Dodgers) town. It isnt a Clippers town. Likely never will be. and he just alienated the bulk of the city he wanted to be in...and did so in a semi-shady manner. I'd have been fine if he chose the Clips on the first day of FA...but all the waiting screwed over the Lakers and Toronto. Uncool.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: