The RAMBII (Oram: Kurt Rambis could be next Lakers’ President of Basketball Operation?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Treble Clef
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Linda Rambis dubbed as Laker's Shadow Owner by people around the NBA

Stumpy25 wrote:
Lonzo-Lite wrote:
https://lebronwire.usatoday.com/2019/05/02/rumors-agents-rival-gms-referring-to-linda-rambis-as-lakers-shadow-owner/

Quote:
Although Rob Pelinka is nominally running the Basketball Operations for the Los Angeles Lakers, it’s not all that clear who he is reporting to.

And the scuttlebutt in some league circles suggests that Pelinka is reporting to Lakers Executive Director of Special Projects Linda Rambis, who is looked at by some as a ‘shadow owner.’

Amin Elhassan on ESPN: "Some agents and GMs around the league have dubbed her the shadow owner of the Lakers, that everything goes through Linda Rambis, and if you want to convince Jeanie of something, you’ve got to get Linda first."

Ramona Shelburne on ESPN: "The fact that people talk about that now is funny to me, because it’s been that way for 40 years. They have been best friends. And personality-wise, if you know them, it sort of makes sense. Jeanie can be shy. Linda is more of a talker. She’s more of a doer. The difference is, in the past, her role has been more as a consigliere or an events person whereas, right now, there’s a lot more dealing with agents."

So it appears Linda Rambis is handling a lot of the duties of talking with other power brokers. In the absence of Magic Johnson, it appears the Lakers family that was always there is simply consolidating their power.

Rambis has long been an advisor to Buss and her husband, Lakers legend Kurt Rambis, is also a team executive in basketball operations helping Pelinka conduct the coaching search.

There have been whispers about the power of Rambis in relation to Buss for a while, but that influence is now extending outside of the Lakers organization and into the NBA at large.

This article is such BS and has hater written all over it. It's written for the simple purpose of creating anti Laker sentiment, and most Laker fans fall for it. No mater how quiet the Lakers are this stuff keep flowing out. The media in this country is out of control.

Ramona is Jeanie's mouthpiece and she is quoted in the story.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:18 pm    Post subject:

Jimmy and the bartender doesn't sound as bad as the sister and her girlfriend when it comes to running a team
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:
Side note about Jeanie and Pelinka:

Ramona on 710 saying Jeanie severing ties with Pelinka may affect her relationship with Kobe.

I love Kobe but F, nobody cares about him at this point

Move on
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Jeanie wants be loved by everyone, she has some serious issue with acceptance.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Ramona on 710 saying Jeanie severing ties with Pelinka may affect her relationship with Kobe.

Move on

Yep, Kobe isn’t a Laker anymore, he has more interest being with his daughters and wife and making Detail videos on ESPN.

Seriously.. Jeanie needs to get a grip, our success relies heavily on our decision this summer.. she needs to let the “Laker pride” go for the sake of this franchise.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:29 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Move on

Yep, Kobe isn’t a Laker anymore, he has more interest being with his daughters and wife and making Detail videos on ESPN.

Seriously.. Jeanie needs to get a grip, our success relies heavily on our decision this summer.. she needs to let the “Laker pride” go for the sake of this franchise.

am i the only one think she's using "Laker pride" as front to cover her incompetence?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:32 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

am i the only one think she's using "Laker pride" as front to cover her incompetence?

sure using it as a reason for all the inbreeding in the org
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:34 pm    Post subject:

Hey guys, where in the heck did it say Jeanie is "severing ties with Pelinka" that one of you stated above? She loves Pelinka....huh? Someone making this crap up? Obviously this is not correct. Pelinka is the front office and is going nowhere....

Who is making this crap up?
PartyMan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Jordan-esque wrote:

Kind of off topic, but does an agent like Pelinka make more than a GM role? Or did he make more as an agent than he is now is what I’m curious of.
Would seem like they would.

Last edited by PartyMan on Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:39 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
Hey guys, where in the heck did it say Jeanie is "severing ties with Pelinka" that one of you stated above? She loves Pelinka....huh? Someone making this crap up? Obviously this is not correct. Pelinka is the front office and is going nowhere....

it was hypothetical, if she did Kobe would be mad
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:42 pm    Post subject:

PartyMan wrote:
Jordan-esque wrote:

Kind of off topic, but does an agent like Pelinka make more than a GM role? Or did he make more as an agent than he is now is what I’m curious of.
Would seem like they would.

Pelinka took a pay cut to be GM
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

Lucky_Shot wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

it was hypothetical, if she did Kobe would be mad

let's hope we are not running a franchise based on who might get mad
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 12:51 pm    Post subject:

So let me get this straight...Linda Rambis is the shadow owner...so this must mean she's working for a team right now thats in the play-offs and when this team is eliminated or wins the championship we can finally announce her. Sounds good to me.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:23 pm    Post subject:

I like that Linda Rambis is the shadow owner. Who gives a rats ass. Its just more fuel for the media to write about. She may actually know more than most so I could give a crap.

The goal for the Lakers FO is to hire to the right coach and have the right FO leadership. I am not reading into the Rambis thing as the end of the world. Its just more clickable material. She has been close to jeanie for like 40 years right? She knew Dr. Buss and knows others.

I am not afraid of the Rambis family......as long as they all make the right decision on how to move in the positive direction.....
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:28 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
I like that Linda Rambis is the shadow owner. Who gives a rats ass. Its just more fuel for the media to write about. She may actually know more than most so I could give a crap.

The goal for the Lakers FO is to hire to the right coach and have the right FO leadership. I am not reading into the Rambis thing as the end of the world. Its just more clickable material. She has been close to jeanie for like 40 years right? She knew Dr. Buss and knows others.

I am not afraid of the Rambis family......as long as they all make the right decision on how to move in the positive direction.....

She’s been around the Lakers Organization for 40 years, if that’s true then even Dr.Buss vouched for her.

Look I know we are at a critical juncture with the Lakers franchise but I’m tired of all the negativity, why do the Clippers get positive feedback but we can’t?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:30 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

She’s been around the Lakers Organization for 40 years, if that’s true then even Dr.Buss vouched for her.

Look I know we are at a critical juncture with the Lakers franchise but I’m tired of all the negativity, why do the Clippers get positive feedback but we can’t?

how so? by allowing her to be his daughters friend?
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

no reason to select a Jerry West over a friend that I can think of
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

by allowing her in the Lakers facility... I actually don’t mind Linda Rambis she seems harmless... I’m more critical of having guys like Kurt Rambis and Pelinka around.
calistrtballr
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:40 pm    Post subject:

Its clearly time to sell the team, we’ve hit rock bottom
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:48 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

Lakers is Buss family's main cash cow, despite the recent down years, profits are rolling in mainly from the TW TV deal. i doubt the Buss family sell the team now.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

by allowing her in the Lakers facility... I actually don’t mind Linda Rambis she seems harmless... I’m more critical of having guys like Kurt Rambis and Pelinka around.

now that's a stretch...I assume the bartender was not allowed in the facilities

I agree now...time to sell
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 1:51 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

Lakers is Buss family's main cash cow, despite the recent down years, profits are rolling in mainly from the TW TV deal. i doubt the Buss family sell the team now.

the family will be draining that cash cow until there is no blood left...and the fans say thank you
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

calistrtballr wrote:

Rock bottom is if the Clippers get Kawhi and/or KD.

That would indicate that the Laker brand advantage is gone under this ownership and stronger indication that this ownership can’t hang with Ballmer and his lesser brand.

At that point the Buss family really should consider selling.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:51 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

well I hear the Buss kids dont get "that much" in their pockets each year. Seems like being able to cash out and get a huge lump sum to split between all of them should be very enticing to many of them. And they can still hold a small % of the Lakers just to feel like they are still connected.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2019 2:54 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
calistrtballr wrote:

Exactly! Can you imagine having really screwed up down years, with a screwed up FO, with a screwed up fiasco between Jeanie/Jim, and STILL make huge profits! and fans STILL going to the games! This is why Jeanie can give everyone the middle finger and continue doing it "her way".

Seriously curious, besides being smart to attach herself to rich Jeanie's hip at 24 yo, what are Linda's accomplishments in the basketball world or general business world? In other words, what does Linda's resume look like?
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 2 of 30
Jump to: