The RAMBII (Oram: Kurt Rambis could be next Lakers’ President of Basketball Operation?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Rofl Woj said this hire has Kurt and Phil’s influence in it. Jeanie is a lost cause depending of nepotism From guys Phil who failed as PBO and Kurt whose practically failed at everything after playing
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
There is no question that Rich Paul is a good agent... a savvy businessman...

Is he? If not for Magic, Paul would be known as the guy who screwed up Casey P’s deal in Detroit. He has a decent client list, but he seems more interested in making himself into a power player than in representing his clients. I think Magic bought into the idea that Rich Paul (and Lebron) could be de facto business partners, so he wasted $30M on Casey P. Then, in the space of a few days, the AD fiasco made everyone look like amateurs. The jury is out on Rich Oaul.

or how he let Noel take the QO and not a 4 year 70 mil extension.
tj24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2019 3:48 pm    Post subject:

both need to sleep with the fishes
JPaulK0n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Pincus: According to a person familiar with the negotiations, it wasn't general manager Rob Pelinka but Kurt Rambis who orchestrated the Vogel hiring. He also made the move for Jason Kidd. One executive even called him the Lakers' "shadow president."

danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:16 pm    Post subject:

JPaulK0n wrote:
Quote:
Pincus: According to a person familiar with the negotiations, it wasn't general manager Rob Pelinka but Kurt Rambis who orchestrated the Vogel hiring. He also made the move for Jason Kidd. One executive even called him the Lakers' "shadow president."

Kurt (bleep) Rambis... Unbelievable.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 12:17 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Is he? If not for Magic, Paul would be known as the guy who screwed up Casey P’s deal in Detroit. He has a decent client list, but he seems more interested in making himself into a power player than in representing his clients. I think Magic bought into the idea that Rich Paul (and Lebron) could be de facto business partners, so he wasted $30M on Casey P. Then, in the space of a few days, the AD fiasco made everyone look like amateurs. The jury is out on Rich Oaul.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/26/16209330/nerlens-noel-agent-happy-walters-mark-cuban-mavericks-free-agency

This has been reported numerous times. Happy walters was his agent when Noel turned down the Mavericks offer. Either people are ignorant of this or actually know it but keep using it knowing it’s false to push this Kluth narrative they have. Happy Walters verified Noel turned down the deal he didn’t say he advised him to turn it down. If this is true it can also be true that Caldwell Pope turned down the deal. I haven’t read one report of Kluth advising him to turn it down. At the end of the day the player is going to get the final say.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 1:09 pm    Post subject:

We need another protest
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 2:52 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
As long as Phil is consulting and not making decisions, you tell Lebron to deal with it.

Honest question…at what point in his hall of fame coaching career has Phil Jackson proven that he can do anything else for a basketball organization other than coach it?

I don’t see where that matters. If he is just a voice in the room who isn’t making decisions, why ignore the knowledge he has? Having him consult doesn’t mean that you do what he says. I have been consulting for 3 decades, all I do is present ideas. They are either ignored or acted upon.
LakerLogic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:07 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
As long as Phil is consulting and not making decisions, you tell Lebron to deal with it.

Honest question…at what point in his hall of fame coaching career has Phil Jackson proven that he can do anything else for a basketball organization other than coach it?

I don’t see where that matters. If he is just a voice in the room who isn’t making decisions, why ignore the knowledge he has? Having him consult doesn’t mean that you do what he says. I have been consulting for 3 decades, all I do is present ideas. They are either ignored or acted upon.

His ideas are outdated that's why.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

0514 wrote:
Rofl Woj said this hire has Kurt and Phil’s influence in it. Jeanie is a lost cause depending of nepotism From guys Phil who failed as PBO and Kurt whose practically failed at everything after playing

I saw someone (I believe it was Ron Harper) quote that tweet and said he knew for a fact Phil was not involved and woj was basically making it up or got bad info. I wouldn't be surprised either way but there is so much mis-information all over the place right now it's hard to tell what's real at this point.
K2
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:23 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:

I saw someone (I believe it was Ron Harper) quote that tweet and said he knew for a fact Phil was not involved and woj was basically making it up or got bad info. I wouldn't be surprised either way but there is so much mis-information all over the place right now it's hard to tell what's real at this point.

Yeah I'm not sure what to believe these days. If Phil is the phantom PBO, then he could've asked Ron to tweet out a misdirection.

via Twitter wrote:

Ron Harper [AT] HARPER04_5
@wojespn I know for a fact that Phil didn’t sign off on that pick as a lakers coach... stop it

https://twitter.com/HARPER04_5/status/1127390485377630213
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 4:31 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
0514 wrote:

This. The "leaks like a sieve" FO has been on radio silence for weeks, but all of this negative stuff is out there.

Looks like a focused disinformation campaign and the FO's strategy is to ignore it.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 5:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I'm guessing that in all of your years consulting there wasn't anyone connected with that process who publically called you out for being a racist.

I'm just not seeing the value here. The front office is enough of a train wreck. Taking the risk that you may alienate your biggest star by bringing in a guy he hates simply to throw some ideas at the wall? That doesn't seem worth it.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:13 pm    Post subject:

WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/8/26/16209330/nerlens-noel-agent-happy-walters-mark-cuban-mavericks-free-agency

This has been reported numerous times. Happy walters was his agent when Noel turned down the Mavericks offer. Either people are ignorant of this or actually know it but keep using it knowing it’s false to push this Kluth narrative they have. Happy Walters verified Noel turned down the deal he didn’t say he advised him to turn it down. If this is true it can also be true that Caldwell Pope turned down the deal. I haven’t read one report of Kluth advising him to turn it down. At the end of the day the player is going to get the final say.

Happy Walters negotiated that contract. Nerlens turned it down, fired Walters, then hired Klutch.

Not hard to connect the dots.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
hype wrote:

Yeah I'm not sure what to believe these days. If Phil is the phantom PBO, then he could've asked Ron to tweet out a misdirection.

via Twitter wrote:

Ron Harper _at_ HARPER04_5
@wojespn I know for a fact that Phil didn’t sign off on that pick as a lakers coach... stop it

One day the truth will come out
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:15 pm    Post subject:

come on, there's gotta be some weird sex thing going on, right?
levon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:16 pm    Post subject:

peyote sex cult?
Username
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
0514 wrote:

Windhorst said Pelinka was behind the Vogel hire.
WindyCityLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 6:58 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
WindyCityLakerFan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:

Happy Walters negotiated that contract. Nerlens turned it down, fired Walters, then hired Klutch.

Not hard to connect the dots.

So since he hired Klutch after he turned down the contract and Dallas pulled the offer it’s now Klutch sports fault. Substitute any agent he hires after he fired Walters and nobody is talking about it but people are still trying to connect it to Klutch. He signed with Klutch and had a another subpar season. Klutch or any agent can sell him on getting a better deal if he has a better season but he didn’t. No agent in the league was getting him 4 years 70 million.

Scott boras is supposed to be a super agent but mike mustakas turned down a 17 million dollar qualifying offer and a rumored 3 years 45 million from the angels and signed for 1 year 6.5 million. Dallas Keuchel turned down 1 year 17 million and has not signed losing money by the day but you never here the same rehashed narrative about him
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

So far so good. 2 for 2 for the FO...love the coaching hire and Judy seto returning. Now the summer.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:41 pm    Post subject:

K2 wrote:
hype wrote:

via Twitter wrote:

Ron Harper -at- HARPER04_5

Don't believe any of it. I believe Woj when he says something is a done deal (like we hired Vogel) and that's it. Everything else he chimes in about is absolutely useless.
BotPoster24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 7:47 pm    Post subject:

trablos wrote:
K2 wrote:
hype wrote:

via Twitter wrote:

Ron Harper @ HARPER04_5

Don't believe any of it. I believe Woj when he says something is a done deal (like we hired Vogel) and that's it. Everything else he chimes in about is absolutely useless.

I agree to an extent. He is the best at BREAKING NEWS but he is just like everyone else when reporting the other stuff. We do not know who leaked it and what their angle is. A lot of that stuff will always be hit an miss.
HermosaJoe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 8:36 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

Big difference here.....Jeanie cannot evaluate the suggestions and make her own decision. She asks Phil what does he think...…..if Phil says (1) do nothing or (2) go jump off a cliff; and I recommend #2...….Jeanie jumps off a cliff.

Phil and the Rambii are not just voices in the room. Jeanie relies on THEM to make the decision for her.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:06 pm    Post subject:

Linda Rambis is a very good wife. She is supporting and believes in her man. In her mind, Kurt is 100% capable of doing the job, and being great at it. She believes in him, and she is advising Jeannie. Kurt is going to get a chance at this job, whether we know it or not.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2019 9:26 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
Linda Rambis is a very good wife. She is supporting and believes in her man. In her mind, Kurt is 100% capable of doing the job, and being great at it. She believes in him, and she is advising Jeannie. Kurt is going to get a chance at this job, whether we know it or not.

Yea.
Happy mother's day to Linda "The Mother of Dragons" Rambis
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 16 of 30
Jump to: