The RAMBII (Oram: Kurt Rambis could be next Lakers’ President of Basketball Operation?)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sytze
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:12 pm    Post subject:

Bump.

After quite a bashing we gave the "shadow owner", what are the thoughts on these events given our form and renewed vigor?
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:32 pm    Post subject:

Sytze wrote:
Bump.

After quite a bashing we gave the "shadow owner", what are the thoughts on these events given our form and renewed vigor?

Everything is all and well as long as AD is a Laker
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:33 pm    Post subject:

Lets use the same energy fam.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 1:38 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
as much as Im not a fan of Pelinka he is the only person left to balance the influence of Rambii

i second that. the thoughts of Rambii got this point just because of their ass kissing ability is just sickening.

And Rob kept his position by kissing the Rambii's ass. Whole lot of ass kissing going on this organization.

That ass must taste pretty good right now.
Do it Mitch!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:17 pm    Post subject:

Bard207 wrote:

She worked to get Jim out, but has never had a solid strategy since then. Relying on Lakers Exceptionalism isn't going to get it done and that appears to be all that she knows about basketball operations.

some people gonna be bummed if this Jeanie Buss led Lakers team wins it all this year.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:21 pm    Post subject:

Do it Mitch! wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

She worked to get Jim out, but has never had a solid strategy since then. Relying on Lakers Exceptionalism isn't going to get it done and that appears to be all that she knows about basketball operations.

some people gonna be bummed if this Jeanie Buss led Lakers team wins it all this year.

Sad if true.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:28 pm    Post subject:

Lakers success is due to Lebron wanting to be in LA and everything else falling in place from his gravity... inspite of how much well run if we had a top flight POBO instead of shadow Rambii
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:50 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Sad if true.

Sadly, it is true.

The amount of Jeanie hate is, quite frankly, alarming (as well as irrational).
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 12:16 am    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
epak wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Sad if true.

Sadly, it is true.

Uh her first hire was Magic Johnson who nearly made us into Knicks West. She insisted we keep Luke Walton as head coach. Thankfully both quit.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Dec 07, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:
epak wrote:
Do it Mitch! wrote:
Bard207 wrote:

Sad if true.

Sadly, it is true.

Uh her first hire was Magic Johnson who nearly made us into Knicks West. She insisted we keep Luke Walton as head coach. Thankfully both quit.

I thought one helped us get LeBron.
And one helped us get the #4 pick?
I'm glad she held onto Rob though.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Rambis is now the shadow head coach? He really misses coaching that bad?

https://twitter.com/lakersnation/status/1483847219564400646?s=21

Remember when Lakers lost out on Lue? One of the reasons was because Kurt wanted to be part of the coaching staff:

https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-coaching-rumors-lakers-asked-tyronn-lue-to-include-kurt-rambis-on-coaching-staff/2019/05/10/
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:55 pm    Post subject:

i’d forgotten about that.

Was think that the fear of all fears is having Kurt take over HC duties after having fired Vogel.

Or having him slide into the lead assistant role as Fiz becomes HC.
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Remember when Lakers lost out on Lue? One of the reasons was because Kurt wanted to be part of the coaching staff:

https://www.lakersnation.com/nba-coaching-rumors-lakers-asked-tyronn-lue-to-include-kurt-rambis-on-coaching-staff/2019/05/10/

Is this serious?
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:08 am    Post subject:

There’s a gap between the clippers and lakers.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:59 am    Post subject:

hydrohead wrote:
i’d forgotten about that.

Was think that the fear of all fears is having Kurt take over HC duties after having fired Vogel.

Or having him slide into the lead assistant role as Fiz becomes HC.

A couple weeks back, I realized Rambis was on the short list to replace Vogel in a mid season firing and I stopped advocating for the firing of Vogel.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:29 am    Post subject:

Lakerz113 wrote:

Clippers advisor: Jerry
Lakers advisors: The Rambii

Gap indeed...
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:43 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Gap indeed...

Lakers championships: 17

Clippers championships: 0

GAP... IN...DEED...

Kawhi has played 122 out of a possible 214 games, including playoffs (and counting) in his 3 seasons with the Clippers. And his chronically degenerative knees aren't going to magically get better with age. Even with all the "load management" (which is a deterrent to team chemistry) he still got an injury that has kept him out for most of this season.

I can only imagine the vitriol that would be coming from Lakers fans had their fantasy scenario of us signing Paul George + Kawhi without giving up any of our young players would've come to fruition and we'd be sitting here now with 0 championships in the last 12 seasons and a chronically injured franchise player.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:12 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Gap indeed...

GAP... IN...DEED...

Kawhi has played 122 out of a possible 214 games, including playoffs (and counting) in his 3 seasons with the Clippers. And his chronically degenerative knees aren't going to magically get better with age. Even with all the "load management" (which is a deterrent to team chemistry) he still got an injury that has kept him out for most of this season.

I can only imagine the vitriol that would be coming from Lakers fans had their fantasy scenario of us signing Paul George + Kawhi without giving up any of our young players would've come to fruition and we'd be sitting here now with 0 championships in the last 12 seasons and a chronically injured franchise player.

I'm only comparing Jeanie's Lakers since 2013 to the current Clippers. Jerry was responsible for a lot of those championships. Jeanie's Lakers are no where the same as Dr. Buss's Lakers. Jeanie won one championship with many asterisks in 8 years while Dr. Buss's Lakers were averaging one championship every four years.

So if you like getting one lucky championship every 8 years, then keep supporting Jeanie and the Rambii.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:26 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Batguano wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Gap indeed...

GAP... IN...DEED...

I'm only comparing Jeanie's Lakers since 2013 to the current Clippers. Jerry was responsible for a lot of those championships. Jeanie's Lakers are no where the same as Dr. Buss's Lakers. Jeanie won one championship with many asterisks in 8 years while Dr. Buss's Lakers were averaging one championship every four years.

So if you like getting one lucky championship every 8 years, then keep supporting Jeanie and the Rambii.

Still better than the current Clippers. Go root for them and their gimpy franchise player if it makes you feel better.

Guarantee if the roles were reversed and the Clippers won in 2020 you wouldn't be calling it an * championship but instead using it as additional fodder for your Lakers/Jeannie bashing.

And yes, I would LOVE to get a championship every 8 years for the rest of my life. You make it seem like winning 5 in a decade is "so easy" since the Lakers were fortunate enough to do it twice (three if you count the Mikan Lakers) and completely dismissing all the good fortune and luck that goes into something like that happening.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject:

Batguano wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Gap indeed...

GAP... IN...DEED...

Clippers 22 wins, Lakers 22 wins. Each with a chronically injured star player. Not much of a gap.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:04 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Batguano wrote:
lakersfever714 wrote:
Lakerz113 wrote:

Gap indeed...

GAP... IN...DEED...

Clippers 22 wins, Lakers 22 wins. Each with a chronically injured star player. Not much of a gap.

So 2020 championship didn't happen, right?

You must've been punching air after that.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:10 am    Post subject:

comparing Laker past to the Clippers is a joke. you keep stick your head underneath the sands and reminiscing the good old past while Clippers' owner has the deep pocket, forward thinking, and the willingness to spend top $$$ on experts in every area of the team so he can be hands off. how can the Buss family compare to that? oh yeah, Clippers has a spanking new arena soon, and Lakers still RENTING from the Kings. I'm a Laker fan for life, it pains me to type this, but i'm not afraid to say i'm envying the Clippers as their future is much more brighter.
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:12 am    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Is this serious?

LOL, this is so obvious, Kurt Rambis could not hold any other coaching job in the league, the only way is to ride his wife's friendship with Jeanie for a free chance at coaching the Lakers. Ty Lue made a smart choice, who would want a snitch on his staff?
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:32 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
comparing Laker past to the Clippers is a joke. you keep stick your head underneath the sands and reminiscing the good old past while Clippers' owner has the deep pocket, forward thinking, and the willingness to spend top $$$ on experts in every area of the team so he can be hands off. how can the Buss family compare to that? oh yeah, Clippers has a spanking new arena soon, and Lakers still RENTING from the Kings. I'm a Laker fan for life, it pains me to type this, but i'm not afraid to say i'm envying the Clippers as their future is much more brighter.

That's funny, because we've been hearing that since the early 2010's when the CP3 trade got vetoed and Sterling got ousted in favor of Ballmer. Yet... here we are... Lakers still got a championship before the Clippers with their "deep pockets" and "forward thinking".

You keep referencing the "past" as if we didn't JUST win a championship 14 months ago. You want to talk about championship windows, and 37 year old LeBron in his 19th season is more reliable health-wise than a 30 year old Kawhi in his 11th season.

Your "pain" is just a product of the Lakers success and your unrealistic expectations. It's hilarious for people here to act like the Lakers are in some sort of disarray/downward spiral (and most have you have been acting as such since the early 2010's), and somehow franchises like the Clippers, Celtics, Nets, etc. (who have their own set of issues) are somehow uptrending and exempt from any sort of criticism or "doom and gloom" rhetoric. I suggest you pay a visit to those teams' fan forums and you will be exposed to a different view from the fans of those teams than what you seem to perceive as an outsider.
Batguano
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:33 am    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Is this serious?

LOL, this is so obvious, Kurt Rambis could not hold any other coaching job in the league, the only way is to ride his wife's friendship with Jeanie for a free chance at coaching the Lakers. Ty Lue made a smart choice, who would want a snitch on his staff?

Ty Lue would have a 2nd ring as Head Coach and would be on his way to future HOF consideration had he picked the Lakers. Yeah... "Right choice"...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 28, 29, 30  Next
Page 21 of 30
Jump to: