LAKERS ARE FINISHED.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 26 Dec 2012
Posts: 34807

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

"Piss & Moan" thread fodder........ .......
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 720

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

And still no answer to the ops statements smh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Math
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Mar 2015
Posts: 1514

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:10 am    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
And still no answer to the ops statements smh


How do you answer a statement?
_________________
I'm a Balliever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Sago
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 1438

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:11 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
And still no answer to the ops statements smh


How do you answer a statement?


It’s the Ops burner account
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
JustaObserver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 20 May 2017
Posts: 720

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:13 am    Post subject:

Sago wrote:
Math wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
And still no answer to the ops statements smh


How do you answer a statement?


It’s the Ops burner account



Sorry I’m not the ops but I find the arguement points interesting and looking thru this thread none so far able to rumebut them but saying ohhh bye or whatever


Last edited by JustaObserver on Sat May 04, 2019 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
kwase
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 21 Mar 2008
Posts: 2271

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:24 am    Post subject:

I really wish that folks on here could see that those of us that are projecting the future and don't see a positive outcome can at least understand that we LOVE the Lakers just as much as anybody. Do you think we'd really complain if we saw a championship in the near future??? I mean, I just don't get what we're playing for anymore here. Are we the T-wolves or Nets now where we get excited because a star is playing on our team or are we trying to tie the Celtics for most championships. I get it, let's say positive...but what if we don't have anything to feel positive about??? What if we're the type of people that don't live in the moment, but can see things 2, 3, 4 years into the future? Why is it that everyone was so against paying Kobe $45 million for the last 2 years of his career, but are ok with paying lebron $154 million for the last 4 years of his? I remember Dr. Buss giving Magic a $25 million, 25 year contract and everybody flipped out then, but at least those guys had equity in not only the franchise, but the community as well and are responsible for bringing us 10 championships. TEN! I wouldn't start a thread about it, but since when did we become a monolithic society where everyone has to agree on everything...what are we, North Korea now???


If lebron can lead us to a championship I'll be the first one to say I was wrong. But if he can't, and it becomes obvious that he just came here to use us for Hollywood, stunts the youth, is responsible for us trading away all our future talent and disgraces the Laker uniform by padding his stats and passing Kobe and Kareem I am not going to sit back and take that on the chin. Look, at the end of the day time will tell who was right and who was wrong. Let us voice our opinion and we'll see how things shake out in 2-3 years. Most people were excited about signing Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and a select few weren't because we saw Nash as being old and Dwight as being a mental midget. Now everyone sees those as bad signings. Hindsight is 20/20, so let those who believe they have forward vision voice their opinions and if we're wrong we'll admit it and you can say "I told you so".
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Math
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 22 Mar 2015
Posts: 1514

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:44 am    Post subject:

lol this thread is the worst
_________________
I'm a Balliever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 131953
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:10 am    Post subject:

Math wrote:
lol this thread is the worst


Despite all the truths contained herein
_________________
All gave some,
Some gave all
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Chad09
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 14 Feb 2011
Posts: 5909
Location: Studio City

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Math wrote:
lol this thread is the worst


Despite all the truths contained herein


Which parts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Darth Los Angeles
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 1926

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 11:39 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I really wish that folks on here could see that those of us that are projecting the future and don't see a positive outcome can at least understand that we LOVE the Lakers just as much as anybody. Do you think we'd really complain if we saw a championship in the near future??? I mean, I just don't get what we're playing for anymore here. Are we the T-wolves or Nets now where we get excited because a star is playing on our team or are we trying to tie the Celtics for most championships. I get it, let's say positive...but what if we don't have anything to feel positive about??? What if we're the type of people that don't live in the moment, but can see things 2, 3, 4 years into the future? Why is it that everyone was so against paying Kobe $45 million for the last 2 years of his career, but are ok with paying lebron $154 million for the last 4 years of his? I remember Dr. Buss giving Magic a $25 million, 25 year contract and everybody flipped out then, but at least those guys had equity in not only the franchise, but the community as well and are responsible for bringing us 10 championships. TEN! I wouldn't start a thread about it, but since when did we become a monolithic society where everyone has to agree on everything...what are we, North Korea now???


If lebron can lead us to a championship I'll be the first one to say I was wrong. But if he can't, and it becomes obvious that he just came here to use us for Hollywood, stunts the youth, is responsible for us trading away all our future talent and disgraces the Laker uniform by padding his stats and passing Kobe and Kareem I am not going to sit back and take that on the chin. Look, at the end of the day time will tell who was right and who was wrong. Let us voice our opinion and we'll see how things shake out in 2-3 years. Most people were excited about signing Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and a select few weren't because we saw Nash as being old and Dwight as being a mental midget. Now everyone sees those as bad signings. Hindsight is 20/20, so let those who believe they have forward vision voice their opinions and if we're wrong we'll admit it and you can say "I told you so".


I'm with you man.

The Lakers have been full of crap and it's not going to get better until there is a change in philosophy. There is currently nothing to be excited about and it has been this way since Kobe retired.
_________________
“There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.” ―Bruce Lee
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
FreakofNature
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Sep 2007
Posts: 9174
Location: Maui ...

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 8:49 pm    Post subject:

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 19 Nov 2007
Posts: 1222
Location: Mission Viejo

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:17 pm    Post subject:

Chad09 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Math wrote:
lol this thread is the worst


Despite all the truths contained herein


Which parts?


for real lol.. i have plenty to criticize myself but the vast majority of the op is based on here say, his opinions and made up untrue bs to make everything else sound worse.. That's not truth... at all.

If they land a top fa this season and stay even remotely healthy they're a legit contender.. they are far from "done". plenty to be currently upset about but this is kind of pathetic to keep seeing these threads pop up.. Could have just thrown this in the piss and moan thread, nothing new whatsoever.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

ringfinger wrote:
What exactly does we are done/finished mean?

Forever? Disagree.

For the time being? I agree.


Finished means the person calling the shots for the lakers now has no real
basket ball IQ. This person relies on others to make the calls they should
be making. When Zubac goes for nothing its leadership. Dlo for nothing its
on leadership and 10 mil for trash like I forget his name because he is
worthless...its on leadership.
You don't understand how terrible it is to watch guys who we drafted like randle who BALL with all their heart and still get treated they dont deserve
better. Remember when dlo was being compared to curry before the draft?

Even small market teams now have better owners with more money who are
better businessmen.
well run teams are thrifty and get the best from their players. they have
long and short terms and pivot early and often and then go to work.
we have no coach no gm.

Jeanie keeps putting up people to run the show because she has no feel
for bbal like her brother.
My whole thinking is if you keep supporting a mediocre product then
why should those that create that clusterF have any reason to get it right.
Lakers stink of no one and everyone in charge at the same time syndrome.

Its Jesse buss time. Trust me
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
OdomGrab
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 588

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:43 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Chad09 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Math wrote:
lol this thread is the worst


Despite all the truths contained herein


Which parts?


for real lol.. i have plenty to criticize myself but the vast majority of the op is based on here say, his opinions and made up untrue bs to make everything else sound worse.. That's not truth... at all.

If they land a top fa this season and stay even remotely healthy they're a legit contender.. they are far from "done". plenty to be currently upset about but this is kind of pathetic to keep seeing these threads pop up.. Could have just thrown this in the piss and moan thread, nothing new whatsoever.

Which parts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9618
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:48 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I really wish that folks on here could see that those of us that are projecting the future and don't see a positive outcome can at least understand that we LOVE the Lakers just as much as anybody. [b]Do you think we'd really complain if we saw a championship in the near future??? [/b]I mean, I just don't get what we're playing for anymore here. Are we the T-wolves or Nets now where we get excited because a star is playing on our team or are we trying to tie the Celtics for most championships. I get it, let's say positive...but what if we don't have anything to feel positive about??? What if we're the type of people that don't live in the moment, but can see things 2, 3, 4 years into the future? Why is it that everyone was so against paying Kobe $45 million for the last 2 years of his career, but are ok with paying lebron $154 million for the last 4 years of his? I remember Dr. Buss giving Magic a $25 million, 25 year contract and everybody flipped out then, but at least those guys had equity in not only the franchise, but the community as well and are responsible for bringing us 10 championships. TEN! I wouldn't start a thread about it, but since when did we become a monolithic society where everyone has to agree on everything...what are we, North Korea now???


If lebron can lead us to a championship I'll be the first one to say I was wrong. But if he can't, and it becomes obvious that he just came here to use us for Hollywood, stunts the youth, is responsible for us trading away all our future talent and disgraces the Laker uniform by padding his stats and passing Kobe and Kareem I am not going to sit back and take that on the chin. Look, at the end of the day time will tell who was right and who was wrong. Let us voice our opinion and we'll see how things shake out in 2-3 years. Most people were excited about signing Dwight Howard and Steve Nash and a select few weren't because we saw Nash as being old and Dwight as being a mental midget. Now everyone sees those as bad signings. Hindsight is 20/20, so let those who believe they have forward vision voice their opinions and if we're wrong we'll admit it and you can say "I told you so".


What if we are all a bunch of complaining millennials who hate the world and want to vent on the web to make everyone else as miserable as we are?? And what if we love to rewrite history and armchair quarterback 20 years in the past and not understand 99% of what is actually going on today??? What if we don't hate the Lakers but like to complain about them ad-nauseam 24/7???

The answer is YES we think you complain too much.
_________________
Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Wino
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 07 Jun 2002
Posts: 9618
Location: San Diego

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 9:51 pm    Post subject:

OdomGrab wrote:
ringfinger wrote:
What exactly does we are done/finished mean?

Forever? Disagree.

For the time being? I agree.


Finished means the person calling the shots for the lakers now has no real
basket ball IQ. This person relies on others to make the calls they should
be making. When Zubac goes for nothing its leadership. Dlo for nothing its
on leadership and 10 mil for trash like I forget his name because he is
worthless...its on leadership.

You don't understand how terrible it is to watch guys who we drafted like randle who BALL with all their heart and still get treated they dont deserve
better. Remember when dlo was being compared to curry before the draft?

Even small market teams now have better owners with more money who are
better businessmen.
well run teams are thrifty and get the best from their players. they have
long and short terms and pivot early and often and then go to work.
we have no coach no gm.

Jeanie keeps putting up people to run the show because she has no feel
for bbal like her brother.
My whole thinking is if you keep supporting a mediocre product then
why should those that create that clusterF have any reason to get it right.
Lakers stink of no one and everyone in charge at the same time syndrome.

Its Jesse buss time. Trust me


And yet, when that leader finally makes a HUGE call against the people that are making these so called dumb moves that you complain and complain about, you won't even give her the benefit of the doubt. She is essentially doing what you wanted her to do and you don't even see it.
_________________
Never argue with stupid people! They will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience!! - Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 27717

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:11 pm    Post subject: Re: LAKERS ARE FINISHED.

OdomGrab wrote:
I know its a worthless topic but I feel lost as a Lakers fan I need to vent.

I have been coming here for years during the ups and downs but I am
done trying to follow the Lakers any more. Every decision seems to not be
about us as Lakers about about everybody looking out for themselves.

This is not the sky is falling crap.........we are DONE

We have

1. A rich kid woman who does not know a thing about basket ball running the show while relying on everybody except herself to make decisions.

2. Anti-kobe superstar in decline who cares bout his "legacy" with a inside
circle that wants to tell the lakers what to do and how to do it.

3. Rob is a worthless GM who everybody calls a snake and a rat.

4. NO real FO with rambis and his "shadow owner" wife calling shots. Can You picture this trust fund idiot and a old trophy wife talking basketball?

5. No talent except lonza who is above average at best.

6. Cancer trash like lance and rondo and beasley.

7. No good draft picks

8. No coach

9. We want to rebuild in 1 year with rentals instead of actually building
a team.



All we can cite now are the old glory days. The lakers have been run into the
ground and are no longer any different from any other team.

You guys remember the time that news reports were coming out that the
Jim was firing FO guys who had been there for 20-30 years?

one trust fund kid destroyed the FO the other one is our here tryin to
finish the job.

Do you support these ppl who trade dlo and let randle go. They threw zubac
and host of other players who transformed themselves in lakers uni and
played their heart out only to get dumped for cash.

When I see that clippers bald guy owner jump up and down and build a real team and then
I see jennie act like she knows what she is doing I know there is no going
back.

Tired of this 1 yr rental basketball. I hate KCP and muscala

We will not win anything anytime soon.
At this point im pretty sure magic sabotaged the lakers so he can buy
a chunk of them cheap. No one can be that usless on purpose ....
except jim and jinnie

i know a whole bunch of ppl who used to watch every minute of lakers and
go to a few games every year. Nobody is watching the lakers these days


King Edward didn't make such a big deal when he abdicated the Throne of England. But, okay, if you want to quit following the Lakers, you have my permission to do so
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Dec 2012
Posts: 1346

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Sago wrote:
Math wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
And still no answer to the ops statements smh


How do you answer a statement?


It’s the Ops burner account



Sorry I’m not the ops but I find the arguement points interesting and looking thru this thread none so far able to rumebut them but saying ohhh bye or whatever


Because if you do break it down, most of it is true and why they refuse to form an argument.

Let's look at the original points:

1. A rich kid woman who does not know a thing about basket ball running the show while relying on everybody except herself to make decisions.

Pretty much true. Jeanie has yet to show she knows how to run the basketball side on a competent basis. Her "fake news" and "ballz" comments come off as very immature. The only dispute is relying on everybody else but herself. It's a good thing she relies on everybody else but it's bad if everybody else is based primarily on nepotism rather than competency.

2. Anti-kobe superstar in decline who cares bout his "legacy" with a inside circle that wants to tell the lakers what to do and how to do it.

Again pretty much true. Lebron is in decline naturally given his age and he does have an inside circle wanting to influence the lakers to some extent(see RP and AD trade demand). Lebron has also shown terrible leadership during his short tenure here as well. With that said, he's still a top 10 talent so it remains to be seen what is overall legacy will be with the lakers.

3. Rob is a worthless GM who everybody calls a snake and a rat.

Again pretty much true. Regardless of some defenders, there's enough smoke to say rob is hated around the league to some extent. More importantly Rob was the GM when the Lakers made some of those terrible trades/FA signings. Doesn't matter who was the true brains behind some of those moves, Rob ultimately has them as his body of work because of his GM status and is a concern going forward.

4. NO real FO with rambis and his "shadow owner" wife calling shots. Can You picture this trust fund idiot and a old trophy wife talking basketball?

Again pretty much true. It's the same bunch that's been criticized for failing to bring in the right people minus magic. One less stooge doesn't mean much if the room is still full of them.

5. No talent except lonza who is above average at best.

This is where it's debatable. Lonzo, BI, Hart and Kuzma is talent but have concerns going forward. It's a case of how much you value talent vs concerns.

6. Cancer trash like lance and rondo and beasley.

Had trash and were foolish for signing them in the first place over other options. Will we be making such signings again in the near future?

7. No good draft picks

Pretty much the only point that's mostly disagreeable. Our scouts have nailed every pick when they're allowed to their job. The problem is when they can't do so or their choices were jetsonned because of the FO's ineptitude. We also have our draft pick this year

8. No coach

We'll be having lue based on reports but the OP couldn't have known this at the time.

9. We want to rebuild in 1 year with rentals instead of actually building
a team.

Which could be true again if we strike out given our history.

So aside from the youth/drafting, we can't say the OP doesn't have legitimate points especially in regards to the FO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jun 2008
Posts: 5694

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2019 10:42 pm    Post subject:

This title sounds like something you’d hear in Mortal Kombat
_________________
"We are the goodest." - Shaq ESPN interview
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakers_Jester
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Sep 2012
Posts: 5220

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:07 am    Post subject:

ReaListik wrote:
This title sounds like something you’d hear in Mortal Kombat


FLAWLESS VICTORY!
_________________
Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Seriously? Kurt Rambis has played and coached in the NBA since the 1980s, and now he is a guy who builds go-karts?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LAL1947
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 26 Dec 2018
Posts: 787

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject:

FINISH HIM!

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 26 May 2016
Posts: 6141
Location: Long Beach

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 2:04 am    Post subject:

The way I'm wired.. I don't meditate on negatives, or harp on circumstances that evoke negative emotions. I don't see the value in it.

I understand the need to vent.. however we've reached a point now where the same criticisms are being recycled.

In spite of all the mishaps, the Lakers currently have a top 5 player in the league, talented youth, and enough cap space to add an additional top 5 player.

Things really aren't that bad.

Edit:
5. No talent except lonza who is above average at best. Ridiculous take..

6. Cancer trash like lance and rondo and beasley. These guys aren't even on the roster anymore.

7. No good draft picks We don't???
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 May 2010
Posts: 2181

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:00 am    Post subject:

To the OP, when it comes to the Lakers, you just have to flat out keep believing!!!

The Lakers aren't done, in no way shape or form. If anyone thought the Lakers, were going to flat out win a title the first year with LeBron, then they don't know anything about basketball or the NBA.

The Lakers have been rebuilding since 2012/13 and it's been 7 years with us coming on the 8th year, we should begin rounding back into a playoff caliber team.

Granted all the pieces aren't in place and they're are a few internal areas to repair in the Front Office and have been since the death of Mr. Buss 2013.

2020 Should be the year of new beginnings with the Lakers, we'll get a solid Draft pick and package a few of our guys to balance out the roster for LeBron. Then from their it will simply be all about chemistry and role players.

LeBron has yet to prove that he can win a title without two other All-Star caliber players, so that's his blueprint IMO. We will need two solid guys to pair with him.

Miami - Lebron + DWade + Bosh
Cleveland - Lebron + Kyrie + Love
Lakers = LeBron + ? + ?

Ball + Ingram + Kuzma, could pan out to be good role players on this team if we stick to the FA format of winning.

There's definitely a bright light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to squint your eyes really tight, its there... just believe.

KD + Kawhi + Kyrie + Kemba + Klay + Butler (is it me or are their five "K's" in the top tier???)

The Lakers have to be strategic and not throw all of their eggs in one basket as before in time's past when it comes to free agency. IMO you can take any 2 of those players and add to this current roster and its a different story!

We're not done... We're not done!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 06 Jan 2013
Posts: 2789

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

I think it'll be another 5-6 years before we compete. We just suck and no one wants to play here
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Return2greatness
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 07 May 2018
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 6:53 am    Post subject:

The Lakers aren’t finished, I guarantee it. They still have ownership, and players. They will hire a coach. They will draft a player. They will play games next year and the years after. So they are not finished lol
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB