Longtime Celtics, Boston College PA announcer Andy Jick dies at 66

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:54 am    Post subject: Longtime Celtics, Boston College PA announcer Andy Jick dies at 66

https://nba.nbcsports.com/2019/05/05/longtime-celtics-boston-college-pa-announcer-andy-jick-dies-at-66/

Quote:
Longtime Celtics, Boston College PA announcer Andy Jick dies at 66
Associated

BOSTON (AP) — Andy Jick, the longtime Boston Celtics and Boston College public address announcer, has died. He was 66.

BC says Jick died in his sleep Friday.

Jick was the P.A. announcer for the Celtics at the old Boston Garden starting in 1980 and through three NBA championships. The team led by the original Big Three of Larry Bird, Robert Parish and Kevin McHale also made two unsuccessful trips to the finals.

Boston Celtics

@celtics
For anyone who enjoyed the iconic run of the 1980s Celtics in the Boston Garden, Andy Jick’s voice provides the soundtrack to those memories. We join his loved ones in mourning his loss.

8:04 PM - May 4, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
142 people are talking about this
Jick went with the team for its first two seasons at the Garden before he was replaced in 1997. He announced men’s and women’s Boston College basketball games and other sports since 2001.

Mike Zarren
@mikezarren
Wow so sad to hear of the passing of @Eagles_PA Andy Jick, the PA voice of the Celtics throughout the 80s. I can still do every word of his pregame intro... Then was amazing to go to recent BC games & hear echoes of those memories. RIP 😢🎤☘️

6:31 PM - May 4, 2019
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See Mike Zarren's other Tweets
BC athletic director Martin Jarmond called it a “tremendously sad day for all of us.”
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 9:28 am    Post subject:

Too young
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Too young

I'm saying. 66 is n'good.

RIP
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 8:28 pm    Post subject:

It's tough being an old Celtic these days. Hondo dies, Ainge is hospitalized, now this guy.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2019 11:09 pm    Post subject:

I had to look him up one day because I watching old stuff like when the Lakers used to win, and I had my 1985 finals dvd set. Lo and behold it's Andy Jick, who I would only remember as the guy would stutter or fake stutter when announcing in that finals with a total east coast vibe.

Introducing the Bu-ba-Boston Celtics.

I didn't know if that was just genuine or an affect.

Either way, R.I.P., Celtic PA or not.

Bye.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2019 4:16 pm    Post subject:

LuciusAllen wrote:
It's tough being an old Celtic these days. Hondo dies, Ainge is hospitalized, now this guy.

Given the health problems in the past with Bird and McHale I'm surprised they seem relatively fine as far as I know.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: