How good will the Warriors be next season if Durant leaves?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

How good will the Warriors be next season if Durant leaves?
Still going to win the championship
22%
 22%  [ 8 ]
Lose in finals
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Lose in WCF
34%
 34%  [ 12 ]
Lose in semis
31%
 31%  [ 11 ]
Lose in first round
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Not make the playoffs
5%
 5%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 35

lakersboy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:08 pm    Post subject:

During their best years they had a good bench led by Livingston and Iguodala. Barbosa, Young, and McCaw are gone, and now Livingston is talking about retiring after being the backup of for years. I'm not going to doubt them next year, but I do believe the Lakers match up well with them because of team length and individual defensive ability. For the last 2 years I don't fear them head to head when healthy.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:37 am    Post subject:

lakersboy wrote:
During their best years they had a good bench led by Livingston and Iguodala. Barbosa, Young, and McCaw are gone, and now Livingston is talking about retiring after being the backup of for years. I'm not going to doubt them next year, but I do believe the Lakers match up well with them because of team length and individual defensive ability. For the last 2 years I don't fear them head to head when healthy.

IF KD leaves GSW will probably go back to filling those roles with some talented
players; I don't doubt it...
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:00 pm    Post subject:

This team is still the favorite to win the West without KD next season barring the Lakers or Clippers getting people who change the dynamic. People in this thread clearly forgot how good the Curry, Klay, Draymond core is.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:53 pm    Post subject:

KBH wrote:
This team is still the favorite to win the West without KD next season barring the Lakers or Clippers getting people who change the dynamic. People in this thread clearly forgot how good the Curry, Klay, Draymond core is.

There has been no drop-off since he went out. They have arguably been better. KD is crazy talented but doesn't fit all that well. Barring KL or KD coming to the Lakers, I don't see them losing next year even without Durant. I do think any team with Lebron has the best chance though.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 1:47 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
KBH wrote:

There has been no drop-off since he went out. They have arguably been better. KD is crazy talented but doesn't fit all that well. Barring KL or KD coming to the Lakers, I don't see them losing next year even without Durant. I do think any team with Lebron has the best chance though.

They're as good because they're playing everyone heavy minutes and it's deep in the playoffs.. They couldn't sustain this kind of play on both sides of the court for a full season imo.. What happens when Curry misses some games or Iggy is getting over played and wore out at age 35 next year, livingston is only getting older as well.. These guys are all fresh thanks largely to Durant. They're still over the cap even if Durant leaves so whoever they get to fill out the roster they could get while still keeping Durant. That's not even mentioning the extreme mental and physical strain of so many long seasons in a row.. There's a good chance they lose to the Rockets last series without Durant, what would they have done when curry was abysmal early on in that series and was getting in early foul trouble and couldnt hit his 3's or layups to save his life while playing mediocre defense? You also wont have a completely fresh Iggy for the playoffs either because they'll need him a lot during the season.

They're obviously still a good team regardless but next year there lack of depth is going to start showing more then ever if Durant leaves.. They will still be dangerous to any team they face but I dont think anyone will fear them anymore.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 2:56 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
KBH wrote:

"The Golden State #Warriors have now won 27 of their last 28 games when Stephen Curry plays and Kevin Durant sits.
— The Duel (@TheDuelSports) May 17, 2019"

That is just bananas. To have possibly the best player in the league as an "insurance" policy.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
KBH wrote:

"The Golden State #Warriors have now won 27 of their last 28 games when Stephen Curry plays and Kevin Durant sits.

That is just bananas. To have possibly the best player in the league as an "insurance" policy.

I think it proves he isn't the best player in the league. He's not even the best player on his own team. I'd probably rank him 5th right now.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 3:11 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
KBH wrote:

They're as good because they're playing everyone heavy minutes and it's deep in the playoffs.. They couldn't sustain this kind of play on both sides of the court for a full season imo.. What happens when Curry misses some games or Iggy is getting over played and wore out at age 35 next year, livingston is only getting older as well.. These guys are all fresh thanks largely to Durant. They're still over the cap even if Durant leaves so whoever they get to fill out the roster they could get while still keeping Durant. That's not even mentioning the extreme mental and physical strain of so many long seasons in a row.. There's a good chance they lose to the Rockets last series without Durant, what would they have done when curry was abysmal early on in that series and was getting in early foul trouble and couldnt hit his 3's or layups to save his life while playing mediocre defense? You also wont have a completely fresh Iggy for the playoffs either because they'll need him a lot during the season.

They're obviously still a good team regardless but next year there lack of depth is going to start showing more then ever if Durant leaves.. They will still be dangerous to any team they face but I dont think anyone will fear them anymore.

Don't forget they won a title and then 73 wins in back to back years before he arrived. I agree, he allows them to stay more fresh throughout the regular season but how valuable is that? They'll just take it easy in the regular season and lose a few more games than usual. Then win the title as a 3-5 seed. They are borderline impossible to guard when they move the ball like they do without KD.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

KD really was killing their ball movement...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2019 4:24 pm    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
hype wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
KBH wrote:

Don't forget they won a title and then 73 wins in back to back years before he arrived. I agree, he allows them to stay more fresh throughout the regular season but how valuable is that? They'll just take it easy in the regular season and lose a few more games than usual. Then win the title as a 3-5 seed. They are borderline impossible to guard when they move the ball like they do without KD.

I agree if they can make it without wearing themselves out in the regular season and Curry staying healthy into the playoffs then they have a good chance at beating anyone. A lot like the Pats in football, you just simply cant count them out while the Splash brothers are still there regardless of how they look most of the season. The seasons they did all that without Durant they were younger and had a lot more depth as well.. They are nowhere near that team anymore imo but add a couple solid cheap pieces in the off season and they can still compete against anyone if they remain healthy.
KBH
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:38 am    Post subject:

BigGameHames wrote:
KBH wrote:

Well, I said favorites in the West intentionally. Lol I think they absolutely need KD to beat the Bucks in the Finals. And I'm creeping closer to picking the Bucks even if KD comes back. The Bucks and Giannis have been dominant all season and have only gotten better in the playoffs.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:09 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
KBH wrote:

It shows how much Steph and Klay tone down their games for KD.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: