Artest: "I'll bring his scoring average down..."
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject: Artest: "I'll bring his scoring average down..."

Quote:
"I'll do the same thing against him as I have against all the other guys I played who averaged a lot of points," Artest said. "I'll bring his scoring average down. I'll play my game. Most guys who average 20 or more, they don't get that against me."

Gee, too bad we have no one on the lakers who thinks this way...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:42 am    Post subject:

And what will he say if Kobe drops more than 35 on him?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Aussiesuede
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Artest: "I'll bring his scoring average down..."

Quote:
"I'll do the same thing against him as I have against all the other guys I played who averaged a lot of points," Artest said. "I'll bring his scoring average down and if that doesn't work then I'll search out his family in the stands and go after them instead. I'll play my game. Most guys who average 20 or more, irritate me so much that I think about dumping the NBA for my rap career"

I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:45 am    Post subject:

I just hope Kobe doesn't take Ronnie seriously. That boy has got balls though. I do like that about him!

YOU'VE GOT TO BRING ASS TO GET ASS RONNIE!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject:

Well, the last couple of teams who have been guarding Kobe have triple teamed him, hence his relatively human 30 ppg in February. If Sacramento is ballsy enough to let Artest play Kobe one-on-one, then maybe Kobe will be able to shake loose and finally hit 35? Seems like he hasn't broken out in a while.

Historically though, Artest has done pretty well against Kobe.

Boy, am I regretting that we didn't do the Odom for Artest deal too. That would have nabbed us Jeff Foster as well, IIRC.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: Re: Artest: "I'll bring his scoring average down..."

msb212 wrote:
Quote:
"I'll do the same thing against him as I have against all the other guys I played who averaged a lot of points," Artest said. "I'll bring his scoring average down. I'll play my game. Most guys who average 20 or more, they don't get that against me."

Gee, too bad we have no one on the lakers who thinks this way...

Could be that they all think that way but, refuse to put themselves in a precarious position by telling the media that you're going to stop the NBA's leading scorer before the game...

Could prove to be embarrasing...
nesli
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:51 am    Post subject:

Quote:
51 for Kobe: Don't count on it, Artest saysThe Lakers guard scored in bunches in the first meeting this season, but the Kings were a different team then.
By Joe Davidson -- Bee Staff Writer
Published 2:15 am PST Thursday, February 23, 2006
Story appeared in Sports section, Page C5
In a sport all about numbers, five to consider and crunch tonight at Staples Center:
• 8: Kobe Bryant's jersey number, fast becoming a global hot seller again.

• 51: The points Bryant dropped against his old rivals in the first Kings-Lakers meeting of the season last month.

• 1: Bryant's rank in the NBA this season in scoring.

• 93: Ron Artest's jersey number, fast becoming the most revered in Sacramento.

• 1: The general consensus around the league as to Artest's rating as a defender.

Bryant took apart the Kings for those 51 on Jan. 19 at Arco Arena, even though the Kings prevailed 118-109 in overtime behind Mike Bibby's 40 and Kenny Thomas' triple double. Artest was still in limbo then, on the inactive list with the Indiana Pacers. He will have his fair shot to stall Bryant, who has torched all comers this season in an MVP-like campaign.
It'll be a matchup of 6-foot-7 pillars, with Bryant more explosive and agile, and Artest wider and stronger with cat-quick hands and an uncanny ability to move right along with anyone despite his bulk.

And Artest can hardly wait. He's still nursing a tender hip pointer, though it improved over the All-Star break. Still, no excuses, he said.

"I think it's going to be a good matchup. It'll be a good test for me because we haven't faced anyone like him since I've been here."

And the plan of attack?

There may be times Artest checks Lamar Odom as well.

"Obviously, Kobe is going to be taking all the shots, I might just stay on Kobe," Artest said.

Said Kings coach Rick Adelman: "(Kobe) had 51 on us the last time, so you know he'll be ready. You can be the best defender in the world, but he'll still score on you. But one thing about Ron, I know he'll make Kobe work. That's what he does."

Kings center Brad Miller cracked that one Kings player will be relieved not to have to chase Bryant around the floor in a fit of frustrated exhaustion.

"I know Kevin Martin's probably glad he doesn't have to play Kobe the whole time," Miller said. "I'm sure Kobe might get 30 or 35 against us because he does that to everyone, but Ron won't let him have easy shots. He'll have to earn it."

tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:52 am    Post subject:

Artest has done well against Kobe in the past, but Kobe has also played Artest only about 2-3 times in the last 4-5 years.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:56 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Well, the last couple of teams who have been guarding Kobe have triple teamed him, hence his relatively human 30 ppg in February. If Sacramento is ballsy enough to let Artest play Kobe one-on-one, then maybe Kobe will be able to shake loose and finally hit 35? Seems like he hasn't broken out in a while.

Boy, am I regretting that we didn't do the Odom for Artest deal too. That would have nabbed us Jeff Foster as well, IIRC.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhh but my dear long time friend, wait till you see Odom in this game... The fans are about to get a treat. The kid is now not only extremely motivated but, he has to be a little humiliated. I say the Kings are about to get whipped with a passion we haven't seen all season... Ronnie and, all...
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:59 am    Post subject:

I would really like to see Kevin Martin stop LO in the post. Please put LO in the FREAKEN POST!!!
datniggbstyle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:

I actually dreamed about a basketball game for the first time last night. And im not even anitcipating this game. As i wont be able to see it. But in my dream Kobe dropped 47 points. BOOK IT.
Trey
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:01 am    Post subject:

I really wish Artest would have stayed in the East

Did you know that Artest came into camp at 275lbs this year.. He just wanted to know what it would be like to play ball with that much STRENGTH AND POWER
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

He'll say the next time I start running smack before a contest it won't involve kobe!
novano2004
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:19 am    Post subject:

i would rather have the win then making it a challeng.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject:

Trey wrote:
I really wish Artest would have stayed in the East

Did you know that Artest came into camp at 275lbs this year.. He just wanted to know what it would be like to play ball with that much STRENGTH AND POWER

Or, Ronnie might have been thinking that next time Big Ben or anybody else manhandles him that he'll be ready...
msb212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:27 am    Post subject:

I am sitting courtside tonight - I have to admit, I am a little afraid to do my usual heckling...
RJBaca
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:29 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:

Ron will give him his props.
lakersfan4life69
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

I just hope Kobe doesn't take Ronnie seriously. That boy has got balls though. I do like that about him!

YOU'VE GOT TO BRING ASS TO GET ASS RONNIE!

LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTTTTTTT
SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS GGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTTTTT
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDDD
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY TTTTTTTTTTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

i am not hyped at all. this is a battle of two teams going nowhere; however, i do see sacto overtaking the lakers down the stretch and nabbing the final playoff spot. only to get swept by san antonio in round one. makes you long for the days when these teams played for a western conference title, doesn't it?
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:33 am    Post subject:

I have a feeling the Lakers are going to give Sac-town a whooping.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 9:59 am    Post subject:

lakersfan4life69 wrote:

i am not hyped at all. this is a battle of two teams going nowhere; however, i do see sacto overtaking the lakers down the stretch and nabbing the final playoff spot. only to get swept by san antonio in round one. makes you long for the days when these teams played for a western conference title, doesn't it?

Spoken like a true and great Laker fan, who believes in the best player on the planet.

NOT.
lakers1969
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:03 am    Post subject:

Sorry but LO will score 52 tonight against the Queens.
kobenbynum
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:04 am    Post subject:

When Kobe is on no one can stop him not Artest, not Bowen, not all 5 Pistons at the same time. Kobe will score depending on how he feels regardless of who defends him.

Artest knows that. He is just talking trash.
Narziss
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 10:20 am    Post subject: Re: Artest: "I'll bring his scoring average down..."

Aussiesuede wrote:
Quote:
"I'll do the same thing against him as I have against all the other guys I played who averaged a lot of points," Artest said. "I'll bring his scoring average down and if that doesn't work then I'll search out his family in the stands and go after them instead. I'll play my game. Most guys who average 20 or more, irritate me so much that I think about dumping the NBA for my rap career"

Why am I picturing Ron trying to bite Kobe's ear?
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:23 pm    Post subject:

lakers1969 wrote:
Sorry but LO will score 52 tonight against the Queens.

If Artest defends him, he will not even get 10
PayasoLoco
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 4:37 pm    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Aaaaaaaaaaahhh but my dear long time friend, wait till you see Odom in this game... The fans are about to get a treat. The kid is now not only extremely motivated but, he has to be a little humiliated. I say the Kings are about to get whipped with a passion we haven't seen all season... Ronnie and, all...

I dont think so all i can think off is his moronic play last time up at arco
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4
Jump to: