Artest: "I'll bring his scoring average down..."
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
venicebeach
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject:

Artest WHO?
kobe8mvp
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:41 am    Post subject:

Plus, Kobe's assist-turnover ratio is 10-1.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Reply with quote
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:01 am    Post subject:

cKPayasoLoco wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Well, the last couple of teams who have been guarding Kobe have triple teamed him, hence his relatively human 30 ppg in February. If Sacramento is ballsy enough to let Artest play Kobe one-on-one, then maybe Kobe will be able to shake loose and finally hit 35? Seems like he hasn't broken out in a while.

Historically though, Artest has done pretty well against Kobe.

Boy, am I regretting that we didn't do the Odom for Artest deal too. That would have nabbed us Jeff Foster as well, IIRC.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhh but my dear long time friend, wait till you see Odom in this game... The fans are about to get a treat. The kid is now not only extremely motivated but, he has to be a little humiliated. I say the Kings are about to get whipped with a passion we haven't seen all season... Ronnie and, all...

I dont think so all i can think off is his moronic play last time up at arco

THE_SHOES rest his case....
LakerPhreak91
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:24 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Well, the last couple of teams who have been guarding Kobe have triple teamed him, hence his relatively human 30 ppg in February. If Sacramento is ballsy enough to let Artest play Kobe one-on-one, then maybe Kobe will be able to shake loose and finally hit 35? Seems like he hasn't broken out in a while.

Boy, am I regretting that we didn't do the Odom for Artest deal too. That would have nabbed us Jeff Foster as well, IIRC.

Aaaaaaaaaaahhh but my dear long time friend, wait till you see Odom in this game... The fans are about to get a treat. The kid is now not only extremely motivated but, he has to be a little humiliated. I say the Kings are about to get whipped with a passion we haven't seen all season... Ronnie and, all...

But how did THE_SHOES know?
raidawg87
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:41 am    Post subject:

LakerPhreak91 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Because shoes is the man
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject:

My dear LakerPhreak91, think about it for a moment. The Lamar hatred was just crazy hostile after the Sac game in Sac. He has been no.1 on every other Laker fans (bleep) list and, trade list. If you are Lamar Odom you're feelin just a little pissed first of all because, you're just trying to learn a tough position and, also trying to be productive at the same time but, getting very little love in your effort. People start thinking you can't even play no ball. I knew better than that... He can play, always could. Boom here comes Ron Artest the player who Laker fans have been drooling over every since it was made public that he was available.

If you're LO what are you going to do when Sac comes in your house now?

You dammmnnnneeeeedddd right!!!

kick dat ass!

To make things even more killin they put Kenny Thomas on him! Lamar abused that child...

I just hope Phil doesn't call off "the dawg" in my dawg! Lamar should take a minimum of 17 shots a night.
Here is why. The defense is rendered weak when he goes to the hole and apparently Jax has given that part of his game back to him. When he does that and, the Lakers are moving he stacks the middle up even better than Bryant, because of his length he can see the floor better than anybody else on the squad. That play where he went down and dropped, pivot and Devean came scorching through the middle for that slam was precisiontry that we haven't seen much of. These kids are comming along and, I knew. We've got talent on this squad. All they ever needed was time to get comfortable in Jacksons system. Like I've been saying all along when the thinking stops and, instinct takes over look out!
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:01 am    Post subject:

raidawg87 wrote:
LakerPhreak91 wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
cKPayasoLoco wrote:
THE_SHOES wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Because shoes is the man

HHHhhhhhahaha!!!! THANK YOU DAWG!
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:13 am    Post subject:

sodapoppenski wrote:
Kobe Bryant = The Puppetmaster tonight.

Cuz he had Ron Artest on strings.

DANCE PUPPET DANCE!!!
Nice D RonRon!
OLE
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:20 am    Post subject:

Good call SHOES, I knew you weren't blowing smoke, just homerin' and all, now what happens if that light comes on in Kwame's head? THAT'S what I'm waiting to see!

(Man, it's so great to be able to type with both hands again. I busted my left wrist something awful two weeks ago, had 3 1/2 hours of surgery, screws, pins and a metal plate. Got the club-like splint off yesterday, and still have a lot of healing to go, but, at least I can use the hand to type.)
jeremysnow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

re4ee:

when ready be sure your physical therapist eventually works you with the supination and pronation maneuvers (which allows you to turn your palms up (supination).

hey artest was way out of shape.

can't wait for next season, he'll be fine. IMO, if artest was in game shape, he'd limit kobe by 10 ppg.

let me qualify the above statement, when kobe would score 50 points, he'd probably get about 40 or so against artest.

in bball, good one on one offense beats good defense.

artest is incredibly strong..... he did a hand check on lamar and (illegally) kept lamar from moving laterally.

btw, isn't the above a foul?
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:28 am    Post subject:

re4ee wrote:
Good call SHOES, I knew you weren't blowing smoke, just homerin' and all, now what happens if that light comes on in Kwame's head? THAT'S what I'm waiting to see!

(Man, it's so great to be able to type with both hands again. I busted my left wrist something awful two weeks ago, had 3 1/2 hours of surgery, screws, pins and a metal plate. Got the club-like splint off yesterday, and still have a lot of healing to go, but, at least I can use the hand to type.)

If Kwame starts rollin? Man, it very well could be over. Seriously you give Kobe Bryant that much help and the league is in serious trouble.
Jax still has Kwame on a short leash with instructions issued to defend and hustle. If and, when he learns the offense, the 07 plan may turn out to be nothing more than a savings plan...

Kwame will finally be a mature adult. Drew will actually be making teams do some crying at that time as well. This whole unit will no longer be "trying" to run the tri. They will be! OOOOOOOOoohhhh that could be fun to watch!
hoopschick29
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:31 am    Post subject:

RonRon was humbled. No doubt about it. But let this be a lesson to him. You can't miss the better part of 2 seasons and then come back expecting to shut down the best player in the world.

We all know Kobe's line. But the worst part about it for RonRon wasn't the 36 points in 36 minutes. It wasn't the 10 dimes or the 6 rebounds. The worst part was the fact that Kobe made it look so easy. And for a player who's claim to fame on the basketball court is his mano a mano defense, that had to be embarrasing.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Man, it's so great to be able to type with both hands again. I busted my left wrist something awful two weeks ago, had 3 1/2 hours of surgery, screws, pins and a metal plate. Got the club-like splint off yesterday, and still have a lot of healing to go, but, at least I can use the hand to type.)

Whoa.. God bless you man and take Jeremy's instructions seriously.
thegreatest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:34 am    Post subject:

jeremysnow wrote:
re4ee:

when ready be sure your physical therapist eventually works you with the supination and pronation maneuvers (which allows you to turn your palms up (supination).

can't wait for next season, he'll be fine. IMO, if artest was in game shape, he'd limit kobe by 10 ppg.

let me qualify the above statement, when kobe would score 50 points, he'd probably get about 40 or so against artest.

artest is incredibly strong..... he did a hand check on lamar and (illegally) kept lamar from moving laterally.

yes it is a foul, but they let ron get away with a lot yesterday. but his rep has something to do with it.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:37 am    Post subject:

hoopschick29 wrote:
RonRon was humbled. No doubt about it. But let this be a lesson to him. You can't miss the better part of 2 seasons and then come back expecting to shut down the best player in the world.

We all know Kobe's line. But the worst part about it for RonRon wasn't the 36 points in 36 minutes. It wasn't the 10 dimes or the 6 rebounds. The worst part was the fact that Kobe made it look so easy. And for a player who's claim to fame on the basketball court is his mano a mano defense, that had to be embarrasing.

Which is why that smack running episode was hard to believe. Kobe has changed since the last time he saw him anyway. Currently there does not exist a man called "a kobe stopper." Maybe Ronnie was trying to put butts in the seats ala Vince McMahon style...
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:39 am    Post subject:

^
The TNT guys were saying Ron was puffing and really tired. Seems all that shooting and defense on Kobe really tired him out.

Kobe played real smart. Apart 2-3 plays where he tried to shoot over Artest - he just attacked the interior defense of the Kings.

And despite having Artest - the Kings remain one of the softest interior defenses in the NBA.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vvbandit
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:40 am    Post subject:

Its hard to rationalize what Ron is doing, he probably really thought he was going to hold Kobe in check. At 260 there was no way he was going to be able to stay with Kobe and Kobe just ran his butt all over the court. Ron needs to lose some weight in the offseason, theres no need to be that big, although he is built like a tank.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:41 am    Post subject:

I love it. Kobe's scoring average is 34.9, and he scores 36 in the win.

He made a statement, while playing a team game.
JBIIRockets
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:44 am    Post subject:

Guys,

Give Artest credit. He did cut down Kobe's scoring. from 51 to 36

(Didn't Kobe put up 51 last time the Lakers played the Kings?)
heineken
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:54 am    Post subject:

Man Shoes you called it. Lamar played another good game. And even better it looked like poor Ron Ron got a little winded and beaten up a bit. Did anyone see that pick that Kwame threw on Ron at the end of one of the quarters to free Kobe up for the shot.
re4ee
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:24 am    Post subject:

jeremysnow wrote:
re4ee:

The surgeon gave me this as an incentive, he showed me what stretching and flexing exercises to do, measured the current angles of flex, and said that in two weeks, if I haven't improved them significantly, I'll have to do scheduled re-hab. I saw the x-rays, and there are three pins which look like allen wrenches extending outside the skin, and will come out in 4-6 weeks.

If Artest had been traded to the Lakers, that would DEFINATELY have been called, which is another reason I couldn't understand the desire to aquire him. He wouldn't be able to stay in a game as a Laker, but against the Lakers, he can get away with (bleep) like that.
THE_SHOES
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 9:28 am    Post subject:

tru dat, because if Mihm even thought about making that kind of contact he would not only be called on it but a flagrant would be added!
40ptmachine
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:10 am    Post subject:

THE_SHOES wrote:

To make things even more killin they put Kenny Thomas on him! Lamar abused that child...

Thank god, i lamar defended by Artest = 6 points
tgf5
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject:

jeremysnow wrote:
re4ee:

That's ridiculous to think. He has helped the Kings in every defensive category since his arrival, all I remember is points though from 102 to 91 or something for team opponents.
Addicus
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject:

Ron-Ron is definetly not in top shape. He doesn't need to lose weight, but gain conditioning.

Kobe is going to destroy him this year, but next year, after a summer of working out, Ron will hold him a little better (-5 to 7 points).

His lateral movement is definetly affected by the hip flexor injury. Still, I haven't seen anyone else get around Kobe to deflect the entry pass or make Kobe have to nearly abandon the post up game. Healthy he will be more effective, but a KOBE STOPPER does not exist.

LAMAR is making me smile. I will keep it at that for now. - Ok I won't. His aggressive play forced Adelman to switch Ron to him, making limiting his offense in the 2nd half (4 pts), but allowing Kobe to go nuts and be able to post up.

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/addicusbrown
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4
Jump to: