Time to sell, Jeanie.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:27 am    Post subject:

Joey and Jesse seem to be much more competent than their older siblings. Maybe they are too young, but I'm pretty sure they would be making a much better job than Jeanie and Jimbo.

There are only 2 ways this thing can work out under the Buss Trust Fund: hand the keys over to the young ones or hire a high caliber guy to be PoBO while Jeanie gets out of his way.
andrewc
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 3:45 am    Post subject:

defense wrote:
levon wrote:
Based on the stories I've heard, Jerry Buss wasn't around his kids a whole lot. Did he expect them to learn how to run a multi-billion dollar franchise through osmosis?

He should've passed the team on to some competent management prior to his death. He has a hand in this too.

I don't think he puts fans or the team above his kids. He did what any selfish father would do.

Corrected that for ya.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
She's letting Linda and Kurt Rambis run this organization. That's all you have to know.

Precisely.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:05 am    Post subject:

You know what's funny? Every sports journalist and Lakers fan in the WORLD knew what to do when Magic stepped down: hire the best President of Basketball Operations available and get out of the way. Someone with a good record, with a good reputation around the league, who can talk to agents and players.

Let him work with Rob Pelinka, search for a good coaching staff, prepare for the draft, make plans for free agency and for the future of this franchise. Someone who understands what it takes to win in the 21st century, the value of analytics, shooting and spacing when building a roster.

If this had been done three weeks ago, it would have given us what we need THE MOST now: stability, a clear direction, a plan.

Instead, Jeanie Buss went with her "inner circle", her best friends: Linda Rambis, who NEVER worked with basketball in her life, in any capacity, and Kurt Rambis, who never had any success in his post-playing jobs. And yet they are both making basketball decisions for this franchise. They are interviewing coaches, they are vetoing coaches, they are suggesting coaches.

I don't have words to describe how incredibly dumb this is. My brain cannot understand the reasoning behind this decision. How can Jeanie think this is a good idea? Hiring your best friends ever worked for someone before? How big is Linda Rambis' influence that she can make herself part of something she NEVER DID BEFORE (basketball decisions)?

At first I thought that Magic Johnson was behind the hiring of Kurt Rambis as our "senior basketball adviser" (whatever this is), you know, his old Showtime buddy. But now it is clear that this was Linda Rambis all the way whispering in Jeanie's ears.

Right now, our front office is in shambles. We have no clear definitions. Linda and Kurt Rambis want something, Rob Pelinka wants something else. Jeanie Buss, it seems, doesn't have the capacity to say "no" to Linda.
We have no plan, we have no coach, we have no athletic trainer. We barely have an analytics department.

We have LeBron James, we have cap space, we have cheap young talent. And yet I feel (bleep) miserable.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:13 am    Post subject:

How long will it be before LeBron starts making noise about wanting out?

This is spectacularly awful. We can't even close the deal on hiring a LeBron-friendly coach who, frankly, doesn't seem to have a lot of other suitors lining up to hire him.

This is far and away the lowest point the Lakers org has ever descended to. If Jeanie can't take control of what's going on, then she should have the decency and class to step aside.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:38 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:

This is spectacularly awful. We can't even close the deal on hiring a LeBron-friendly coach who, frankly, doesn't seem to have a lot of other suitors lining up to hire him.

This is far and away the lowest point the Lakers org has ever descended to. If Jeanie can't take control of what's going on, then she should have the decency and class to step aside.

That's the problem: she's stepping aside for linda rambis, kurt rambis and rob pelinka.

She either makes decisions, listens to her BFF linda or lets rob do his job.

We're doomed either way and that's how you know the lakers are at one their lowest points ever.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:49 am    Post subject:

Jeanie does have a management problem. She needs
real basketball people like J.West, Mitch etc. around her
or this is going nowhere.

However, I'm not upset by the Lue thing, I mean, the guy is
not Pop or close that we to have him him swim or sink.

I'm separating those issues because the first item paves
the second one.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:55 am    Post subject:

Losing Ty Lue or Monty Williams is not the problem.

The problem is how those decisions are being made. Is listening to people who prefer Mike Woodson over Ty Lue. SMH.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:57 am    Post subject:

https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1126459784335642625?s=21
Clutch24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:59 am    Post subject:

She’s incompetent. She’s allowing the Rambii to run us. That’s truly pathetic.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:03 am    Post subject:

Clutch24 wrote:
She’s incompetent. She’s allowing the Rambii to run us. That’s truly pathetic.

Jeanie & her kin need to get on their knees and ask J. West to come back
and as a consultant and guide them through this. K. Rambis has got to go
and his wify back to her desk.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:06 am    Post subject:

She’s embarrassing this organization. She is not up to date with the new NBA. She’s trying to run the Lakers with family and friends. She’s turn this into a clown show.
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:08 am    Post subject:

This could be very true, however I don't see it happening...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:13 am    Post subject:

lakurluv wrote:
This could be very true, however I don't see it happening...

No it's not going to happen, you're right.

Now hopefully the fan base can remain quiet enough for a few
month so we don't continue feed ESPN to screw the franchise
while they happily scare away any potential FA; then say i told
you so.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:23 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

That's the problem: she's stepping aside for linda rambis, kurt rambis and rob pelinka.

We're doomed either way and that's how you know the lakers are at one their lowest points ever.

Agreed, but when I said step aside, I meant as in step down. Ty Lue is no coaching guru imo, but when we can't even get something this simple done we've really hit the skids. Hiring Lue is such a no-brainer, even a novice should be able to connect the dots and get it done.

I never would have believed my team could come to this.
Eindhoven
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:26 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
Losing Ty Lue or Monty Williams is not the problem.

The problem is how those decisions are being made. Is listening to people who prefer Mike Woodson over Ty Lue. SMH.

Exactly. We are losing the little credibility we have left. It wouldn't be easy to bring a good FA this summer, now, seeing the messy FO we have and, likely, an outdated coach, nobody will come.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 5:55 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Agreed, but when I said step aside, I meant as in step down. Ty Lue is no coaching guru imo, but when we can't even get something this simple done we've really hit the skids. Hiring Lue is such a no-brainer, even a novice should be able to connect the dots and get it done.

Agreed as well. I don't know what's scarier: rejecting lue or how it got to this point. Let's recap the situation:

1. The Lakers did this search without hiring a POBO.
2. They created a pool of 4 candidates that included Jason Kidd
3. They allowed one of their candidates to be hired by Robert Sarver, one of the worst owners in the league, simply because because they didn't want to make a choice between Williams and Lue.
4. They didn't hire Lue because of contract length.

The no-brainer of signing lue is bad enough but the real no-brainer should have never been conducting this search without a well respected POBO in the first place.
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:13 am    Post subject:

I will continue to hold judgment until the draft. Everything might be different once Bob Myers and Masai Ujiri are no longer playing NBA games. If nothing has changed by the draft, I might feel the same way regarding selling the team.

I have to hope...
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:29 am    Post subject:

dabask11 wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

Agreed as well. I don't know what's scarier: rejecting lue or how it got to this point. Let's recap the situation:

3. They allowed one of their candidates to be hired by Robert Sarver, one of the worst owners in the league, simply because because they didn't want to make a choice between Williams and Lue.

The no-brainer of signing lue is bad enough but the real no-brainer should have never been conducting this search without a well respected POBO in the first place.

And the right choice for POBO (or at least "Special Consultant") was likely only a phone call away. Initials JW. Maybe they lost his phone number.
dabask11
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:42 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
dabask11 wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:

And the right choice for POBO (or at least "Special Consultant") was likely only a phone call away. Initials JW. Maybe they lost his phone number.

Well they told West to take a hike when he was offering his services two years ago .

Seriously, not hiring West as a consultant will be one of those defining moves that's attached to Jeanie if she ever does step down.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:44 am    Post subject:

It is obvious she is in way over her head. I get they need the money, sell the team and you never have to worry about money again.

Bottom 3 owner in the NBA, not good.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:

Who is worse?
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:46 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:

Honestly I wouldn't blame him.

He has to regret signing here and the ongoing clown show with ownership leads one to believe the ship be sinking.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:47 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
https://twitter.com/pickuphoop/status/1126459784335642625?s=21

And this isn’t a brain dead move by the Lakers FO

I would bet that Jeanie & especially the Rambii (lol) are doing this very specifically to undermine James’ power and control over the organization

Wanna bet where the rumors of people close to Jeanie advising her to trade LeBron are coming from?

It’s close.

Remember that “Buss-led organization” quote that blew up in Jan or Feb by Jeanie?

Yeah, it’s about power
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Who is worse?

Maybe Sarver and Dolan, but honestly I would probably prefer either.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 3 of 8
Jump to: