Time to sell, Jeanie.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:49 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Bottom 3 owner in the NBA, not good.

Who is worse?

Maybe Sarver and Dolan, but honestly I would probably prefer either.

I'd definitely trust those FOs over ours at this point.
justsomelakerfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
ocho wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

Bottom 3 owner in the NBA, not good.

Who is worse?

Maybe Sarver and Dolan, but honestly I would probably prefer either.

I'd definitely trust those FOs over ours at this point.

Even the Knicks got rid of Rambis
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:51 am    Post subject:

My god...... some fans they think they have the right to ask an owner to sell a team..... think about that
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:52 am    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
My god...... some fans they think they have the right to ask an owner to sell a team..... think about that

We're the customer.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:55 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:
How long will it be before LeBron starts making noise about wanting out?

This is spectacularly awful. We can't even close the deal on hiring a LeBron-friendly coach who, frankly, doesn't seem to have a lot of other suitors lining up to hire him.

This is far and away the lowest point the Lakers org has ever descended to. If Jeanie can't take control of what's going on, then she should have the decency and class to step aside.

I'd say we should trade Brawn if this is the path of futility we're gonna continue on, but that only gives them another chance at a royal F up. I have to disagree that this is the bottom tho. The bottom will be Kawhi or others signing with the Clippers while we strike out. That's when we'll truly know that the Lakers have lost their LA privileges. And The Gimp is already giggling at us while we get the Marcellus Wallace treatment.

Magic, come back!

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu May 09, 2019 6:56 am; edited 1 time in total
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:56 am    Post subject:

Case in point re. Mr. J. West.

Two years ago, when the Clips hired him he looked over their roster and unloaded Chris Paul aka "The Closer" (aptly named as he usually closes his own team annually in the playoffs) onto Houston for Lou Williams, Patrick Beverly, a first round pick and someone else whose name escapes me at the moment.

Right now, The Closer is once again closing, and he's coming apart in sections physically. And when one looks at what the Rockets owe him for the next THREE YEARS (approx. $124 MILLION), well, good luck with that.

West had the foresight to get rid of the guy before it was too late. And now, it is too late...for somebody else.

But Jeanie and the Lakers don't need anyone who can see several steps ahead and save an organization from one of the worst contracts in the history of the sport.

I'm sure the Rambos will soon be making people forget Jerry West.
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

Dekker
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:00 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:

Two years ago, when the Clips hired him he looked over their roster and unloaded Chris Paul aka "The Closer" (aptly named as he usually closes his own team annually in the playoffs) onto Houston for Lou Williams, Patrick Beverly, a first round pick and someone else whose name escapes me at the moment.

Right now, The Closer is once again closing, and he's coming apart in sections physically. And when one looks at what the Rockets owe him for the next THREE YEARS (approx. $124 MILLION), well, good luck with that.

West had the foresight to get rid of the guy before it was too late. And now, it is too late...for somebody else.

But Jeanie and the Lakers don't need anyone who can see several steps ahead and save an organization from one of the worst contracts in the history of the sport.

Jeanie is an emotional dunderhead. This is the era where women can run businesses with great acumen and we're stuck with this one? One who immediately F'd a co-worker first chance she got. One who let Magic dupe her into changing the entire org. I remember that first PR interview with her and Mag on Spectrum and she wouldn't even hardly talk because she was still too emo over having to fire people. Ridiculous. And then she's gonna put restrictions on candidates for coach... Calgon take me away...

Brawn SHOULD and has every RIGHT to demand more than this from the FO. Kobe would be turning into Hulk right about now.

Last edited by non-player zealot on Thu May 09, 2019 7:02 am; edited 1 time in total
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

Jeanie is weak. For all the feminism and mother of dragons BS she is nothing more than a spoiled valley girl who never grew up. USC grad? I doubt it. We know what USC is all about with people with $$$ to spare. Daddy probably bought her the degree.

This is pathetic.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:01 am    Post subject:

CabinCreek44 wrote:

Eh, what can a fan do other than just rant or basically ignore the team until Cersei dies off The optics look very bad but who knows Kyrie or Butler might come in to shove all this (bleep) under the rug for a few years
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:02 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:
Jeanie is weak. For all the feminism and mother of dragons BS she is nothing more than a spoiled valley girl who never grew up. USC grad? I doubt it. We know what USC is all about with people with $$$ to spare. Daddy probably bought her the degree.

This is pathetic.

It's more insidious than simple weakness. This situation was arrived at very deliberately. Things are this way because this is how she wants it.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 am    Post subject:

kfkilla wrote:

This is pathetic.

If she is the smart one in the family, I am surprised her siblings can dress themselves. Talk about a low bar, she seemingly has an IQ of about 85.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

I agree. Jeanie should sell the team. Not to ca$h out and run but BECAUSE she cares about this franchise.

Firing Jimbo was supposed to be the end of the (bleep) show, not the beginning.

Meanwhile Magic comes and goes after dropping a huge dump and leaves the inept and inexperienced behind to clean up.

They have Lebron friggin James and one of the strongest brands worldwide - time to let it go.

Last edited by Kava on Thu May 09, 2019 7:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Stumpy25
Star Player
Star Player

Jeanne is not going to sell, you may as well forget that idea.
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

Stumpy25 wrote:

Then let is crash and burn.

Enjoy the show!
Kava
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:08 am    Post subject:

So many parallels to GOT right now btw....

The great Khalessi is loosing her dragons and popularity.
bandiger
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:10 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
I agree. Jeanie should sell the team. Not to ca$h out and run but BECAUSE she cares about this franchise.

Firing Jimbo was supposed to be the end of the (bleep) show, not the beginning.

Meanwhile Magic comes and goes after dropping a huge dump and leaves the inept and inexperienced behind to clean up.

They have Lebron friggin James and one of the strongest brands worldwide - time to let it go.

Its becoming quite clear the chaos and main reason Magic quit so suddenly is with the Jennie hires backstabbing his ass but yeah the way he invested his time and being a loudmouth didn't help at all too.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:19 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
kfkilla wrote:

This is pathetic.

If she is the smart one in the family, I am surprised her siblings can dress themselves. Talk about a low bar, she seemingly has an IQ of about 85.

Yup. Nothing about her says intelligence. Every word she says feels superficial. From calling Phil her “boyfriend” instead of just “Phil” to her reference of GOT and a fictional character, who is by the way 1/3 of her age, being her hero screams idiot.
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:21 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
samnizam wrote:

We're the customer.

Exactly you don’t have to buy......
samnizam
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:23 am    Post subject:

Kobe Kobe Kobe Kobe
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

samnizam wrote:
ocho wrote:
samnizam wrote:

We're the customer.

Exactly you don’t have to buy......

And I won't. They've already lost my contribution for next season. That's not enough though.
lakersfever714
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:33 am    Post subject:

Kava wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

Enjoy the show!

The Knicks haven't been to the playoffs since forever yet they're still the most valuable franchise in the NBA because of the market that they're in. The Lakers could be mediocre for many more years and would still maintain their 2nd most valuable team status because it's LA.

That's why Jeanie isn't worried the Lakers aren't winning because they're still one of the most profitable teams out there. Heck, she even raised ticket prices last season. That's why it's a very bad idea to sell the team from an investment standpoint. It'd only make sense to sell if you think the NBA has reached its "peak" and that its revenue would only go down but that's clearly not the case.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
The Knicks haven't been to the playoffs since forever yet they're still the most valuable franchise in the NBA because of the market that they're in. The Lakers could be mediocre for many more years and would still maintain their 2nd most valuable team status because it's LA.

That's why Jeanie isn't worried the Lakers aren't winning because they're still one of the most profitable teams out there. Heck, she even raised ticket prices last season. That's why it's a very bad idea to sell the team from an investment standpoint. It'd only make sense to sell if you think the NBA has reached its "peak" and that its revenue would only go down but that's clearly not the case.

Agreed. Selling the Lakers or giving up any part of it would be the stupidest thing the Busses can do financially.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 7:48 am    Post subject:

lakersfever714 wrote:
Kava wrote:
Stumpy25 wrote:

Enjoy the show!

Your overestimating her abilities. Say what you will about Sterling, but the above is true for a person like him. Evil? Yes. Smart? You bet! For Jeanie though? Evil? Clearly not. Smart? Also clearly not.

Bottom line stupid people do stupid unpredictable things.
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2019 8:29 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
CabinCreek44 wrote:
How long will it be before LeBron starts making noise about wanting out?

This is spectacularly awful. We can't even close the deal on hiring a LeBron-friendly coach who, frankly, doesn't seem to have a lot of other suitors lining up to hire him.

This is far and away the lowest point the Lakers org has ever descended to. If Jeanie can't take control of what's going on, then she should have the decency and class to step aside.

Honestly I wouldn't blame him.

He has to regret signing here and the ongoing clown show with ownership leads one to believe the ship be sinking.

Indeed, it be sinking.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8
Jump to: