Can someone help me rationalize what's going on?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 17 Jun 2006
Posts: 28029

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:27 pm    Post subject:

FedericoV wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Cliff notes version, Dr. Buss passed away.


Somthing I think a lot lately... do you really think Dr. Buss would have fared a lot better in this competitive era of the NBA? I don't know... he has the privilege to run the wealthiest franchise in the world of professional sports and pay more than its competitors wich at the same time weren't very shrewd or prepared... and he doesn't have to pay dividends to the six kids in the Buss trust while satisfaying AEG, TVs, Sponsors and so on...


Without question, Dr. Buss had a sharper mind than his kids, and he hired good people. I'm not sure why you think competitors in Dr. Buss' heyday weren't shrewd or prepared, or why you think Dr. Buss wasn't constrained by the salary cap.

However, I do agree that some of the previous Laker advantages no longer exist.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
70sdude
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Feb 2009
Posts: 4517

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:59 am    Post subject:

Rationalization is a personal exercise which is used as a coping mechanization for dealing with conditions otherwise intolerable in the light of the actual facts.

I can't help you there.

If you wanted a reasonable discussion of the issues that assail and handicap the Laker organization today, avoid rationalization.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Grodyman
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 66

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

Everyone is piling on the Lakers, making Jeannie angry. Now AEG piping in how they are Fed Up.......time to divest from AEG.

Every other day a quote from an "anonymous" rival executive, i.e. Clippers ballboy......

Time to circle the wagons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 9262

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:00 am    Post subject:

This is some Game of Thrones bull (bleep) until new ownership comes in and burns Jeanie, Rambii, Phil, Pelinka, Klutch and the entire thing down.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 28 Jan 2006
Posts: 12637

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This is some Game of Thrones bull (bleep) until new ownership comes in and burns Jeanie, Rambii, Phil, Pelinka, Klutch and the entire thing down.


Klutch the only one with a dragon, El Rey
Jeannie owns Kings Landing
Then there are Varys (Rambii), Tyrion (Pelinka) and Jamie (Phil)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Pau Gasol's Beard
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Jul 2009
Posts: 1216

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:18 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
This is some Game of Thrones bull (bleep) until new ownership comes in and burns Jeanie, Rambii, Phil, Pelinka, Klutch and the entire thing down.

Jeanie = The Mad Queen
Pelinka = Little Finger
The Rambi's = Qyburn
Magic was supposed to be Azor Ahai but he turned out to be Stannis Baratheon
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Bard207
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 08 Jan 2013
Posts: 7238

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:28 am    Post subject:

Grodyman wrote:
Everyone is piling on the Lakers, making Jeannie angry. Now AEG piping in how they are Fed Up.......time to divest from AEG.

Every other day a quote from an "anonymous" rival executive, i.e. Clippers ballboy......

Time to circle the wagons.



How are they going to get AEG to leave the ownership group?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 3744

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 11:50 am    Post subject:

Rambis- assistant gm. Primarily used for researching. He is not a decision guy.

Linda- team “mom”. Has been with org for 15. Role has never changed.

Bron is happy

Young guys are happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 14 Apr 2001
Posts: 133440
Location: The Gold Coast

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:46 pm    Post subject:

FedericoV wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Cliff notes version, Dr. Buss passed away.


Somthing I think a lot lately... do you really think Dr. Buss would have fared a lot better in this competitive era of the NBA? I don't know... he has the privilege to run the wealthiest franchise in the world of professional sports and pay more than its competitors wich at the same time weren't very shrewd or prepared... and he doesn't have to pay dividends to the six kids in the Buss trust while satisfaying AEG, TVs, Sponsors and so on...


I think that he would because his MO was to hire the best executives and stay out of their way.
_________________
How about those Blues!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB