Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:40 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

And now you think Kidd isn't a bad guy for beating the (bleep) out of his wife.

I give up.

If that's what you got out of that post... then for your own sake, I hope you sign up for an English reading comprehension class.

Do you think he is a bad guy. Straight up direct question. I dare you to answer it with a yes or no.

How do you expect me to answer this question without knowing him personally?

I do not think as highly of myself as you apparently do of yourself, to be able to judge whether people are good or bad so easily.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Mon May 13, 2019 10:48 pm; edited 2 times in total
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:46 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I give up.

If that's what you got out of that post... then for your own sake, I hope you sign up for an English reading comprehension class.

Do you think he is a bad guy. Straight up direct question. I dare you to answer it with a yes or no.

How the eff do you expect me to answer this question without knowing him personally?

I do not think as highly of myself as you apparently do of yourself, to be able to judge whether people are good or bad so easily.

He admitted to hitting his wife. Are you claiming she deserved it?
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

LOL. What is going on?
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

All I know that if I’m not served 2% with my cookies I’m returning to sender. If some chocolatey chips smack you in the face, bring the damn glass of cream next time. Real talk.

Last edited by €H£M£$TR¥ on Mon May 13, 2019 10:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
All I know that if I’m not served 2% with my cookies I’m returning to sender. If some chocolatey chips smack you in the face, bring the damn glass of cream next time.

I put that into google translate and it didnt help
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:49 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
All I know that if I’m not served 2% with my cookies I’m returning to sender. If some chocolatey chips smack you in the face, bring the damn glass of cream next time.

Kidd's wife claimed he violently hit her with cookies. Chemistry is calling that returning to sender.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:50 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Kidd's wife claimed he violently hit her with cookies. Chemistry is calling that returning to sender.

Yeesh... I guess I didnt read the details of that incident. Lemme go read about it and come back.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:51 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:

Google can’t solve everything, epak... remember that, sir. Remember that.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:55 pm    Post subject:

Geez, what a messy situation that marriage was.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/jason-kidd-wife-abused-me
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/wife-jason-kidd-serial-abuser-adulterer
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:56 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Absolutely not.

The question you should be asking is... do I think a domestic violence incident from the year 2001 should prevent him being hired by the Lakers 18 years later in the year 2019? My answer to that is no, seeing as no further similar incidents have been reported. However, if there was a more recent incident or the pattern continued after his divorce and into his new marriage, then I would answer yes.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Mon May 13, 2019 10:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 10:57 pm    Post subject:

€H£M£$TR¥ wrote:
All I know that if I’m not served 2% with my cookies I’m returning to sender. If some chocolatey chips smack you in the face, bring the damn glass of cream next time. Real talk.

Okay, that's funny, and I don't care about the optics of admitting it's funny.

€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:05 pm    Post subject:

Oh yeah ha ha... y’all think I’m playing? You really don’t mess with a man’s sweet tooth. I got something for you to google, epak: “Arnold Cookie”.

Basketball is merely a means to cookies. Offended you people don’t understand this. Recalibrate your life priorities.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:12 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Absolutely not.

The question you should be asking is... do I think a domestic violence incident from the year 2001 should prevent him being hired by the Lakers 18 years later in the year 2019? My answer to that is no, seeing as no further similar incidents have been reported. However, if there was a more recent incident or the pattern continued after his divorce and into his new marriage, then I would answer yes.

Yeah. I think you have the right answer there. I can respect that viewpoint. If someone wants to say the wife was also abusive or a bad wife etc, I don't think that is very convincing. But to point out it was a long time ago and hasn't happened since and Kidd has changed is a better way to defend him.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:44 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I give up.

I thinks it's generally easy to judge someone who hits their wife to be a bad person. That's not a situation where you need to "know the guy." Straight up, you hit your wife, you're a piece of (bleep).

Add his drunk driving and numerous attempts to get people fired (coaches, GMs) for the sake of his own power and it's a slam dunk.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:46 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Yeah. I think you have the right answer there. I can respect that viewpoint. If someone wants to say the wife was also abusive or a bad wife etc, I don't think that is very convincing. But to point out it was a long time ago and hasn't happened since and Kidd has changed is a better way to defend him.

Cheers, glad we can agree.

By the way, to be a little clearer, I'm not defending the event or blaming the wife at all... and I'm not saying he has 100% changed either because I don't know what I don't know. Just giving him the benefit of the doubt is all, since it's been so long and since there haven't been repeats that we know about.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Tue May 14, 2019 12:20 am; edited 2 times in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:47 pm    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

Absolutely not.

SUrprised no one's hired OJ for a staffing position or put him in a movie. I mean, that murder trial was all the way back in '97. Have their been any recent reported incidents? If not, that should not matter in 2019.
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:53 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
dont_be_a_wuss wrote:

I give up.

I thinks it's generally easy to judge someone who hits their wife to be a bad person. That's not a situation where you need to "know the guy." Straight up, you hit your wife, you're a piece of (bleep).

Add his drunk driving and numerous attempts to get people fired (coaches, GMs) for the sake of his own power and it's a slam dunk.

Sensitive subject but I have to agree with this.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:57 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:

Fair enough, I agree with that. What I'm trying to point out is you are judging someone in the present and forever about something they did 18 years ago.

So can I then ask... would you prefer that Kidd never gets any job at any organization ever again?

Hopefully your answer is no... and if it is no... then why not at the Lakers?

If your answer is yes... then, why stop there? Should we ensure he doesn't even get food stamps from the government because it reflects poorly on society if tax dollars are used to help feed him? Should we prefer to let him starve to death over a DV issue from 18 years ago? I'm exaggerating the point, of course, simply to showcase it.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Tue May 14, 2019 12:17 am; edited 2 times in total
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2019 11:59 pm    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
SUrprised no one's hired OJ for a staffing position or put him in a movie. I mean, that murder trial was all the way back in '97. Have their been any recent reported incidents? If not, that should not matter in 2019.

Murder and domestic violence are two different crimes and need to be treated differently. It's also strange that you ignore there are different levels to domestic violence. All types of domestic violence are wrong and equally undesirable, but there are definitely different levels... and the only reason I bring up levels is to say that you don't know jack about whether this was a high or low level of violence/abuse... yet you bring up murder as an equivalent. Now you may personally think that domestic violence is exactly the same as murder... but society as a whole does not agree with this and our laws reflect this too.

But hey, whatever makes you happy man... and I think differently. I'm also very glad to think differently.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 12:36 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
pjiddy wrote:

Fair enough, I agree with that. What I'm trying to point out is you are judging someone in the present and forever about something they did 18 years ago.

So can I then ask... would you prefer that Kidd never gets any job at any organization ever again?

Hopefully your answer is no... and if it is no... then why not at the Lakers?

If your answer is yes... then, why stop there? Should we ensure he doesn't even get food stamps from the government because it reflects poorly on society if tax dollars are used to help feed him? Should we prefer to let him starve to death over a DV issue from 18 years ago? I'm exaggerating the point, of course, simply to showcase it.

1. What does the length matter? I made the OJ comparison. Yeah, it's extreme, but there's some socially agreed upon awful behaviors where a major line is crossed. Sexual assault and domestic abuse fall into those categories. There is something wrong with you to commit those crimes. I can understand forgiving the crimes of like a 15/16-year old. But Jason Kidd was 28 years old. His wife was pregnant when he hit her.

2. Let's pretend Jason Kidd isn't human garbage. SHould the Lakers hire him? EVen then my answer is no. He's not a good coach. We're pretending that his innate basketball skills can be "taught" to Lonzo. Is Jason Kidd gonna teach him how to shoot? Is that why he's here? We couldn't just a hire a shooting coach? What else is he going to teach him? The Pick n roll? Again, seems like something a lot of people could do.

3. There are so many downsides to hiring Jason Kidd. THe guy has a loooong history of making power grabs. The toxicity and dysfunction he could potentially introduce into the locker room, undermining Vogel...is that really worth whatever marginal improvements we see in Lonzo and Ingram (and will automatically attribute to Kidd when they probably would have made those improvements anyway)?

Kidd is just another example in the laundry list of ways our FO misunderstands development. We just saw what happened with Tatum when he trained with Kobe--he got WORSE. It's not as simple as an all-time great just "teaching" you what they did, especially when what they were capable of doing inheres in their god given skills. Remember Dwight training with Hakeem? Odom training with Pippen? It doesn't work that way.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:16 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
His wife was pregnant when he hit her.

The only thing I know when it comes to marital disputes is that you don't know what you do not know... and this is one of those cases where you really don't know what you don't know. His wife claimed he hit her when pregnant. She also claimed he hit her with a cookie. A cookie... let that sink in for a moment... in a legal court document. Yet she didn't file for divorce and it was he who first filed a complaint to get a restraining order against her and then filed for divorce. So how much is truth and how much is embellishment, on either side? I certainly don't know.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/jason-kidd-wife-abused-me?page=0
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/file/wife-jason-kidd-serial-abuser-adulterer?page=13

I'd also like if we (on LG) didn't get embroiled in a debate over the actions of two people acting very stupidly at the time... you will see what I mean if you read the 2 links above.

As for Vogel and Kidd, I've got no issues at this time with either of them and I'm looking forward to see if they can right the ship next year. At this time, I'm more worried about whether LeBron will buy in to what he needs to do as the leader on our team... and if he will help the new coaching team and squad to achieve our collective goal of contending for the title. Or if he will stand by and not take an active leadership role because he didn't get his way and/or because he's busy with his off-the-court projects and/or he is content to just collect a big fat pay-check while living where he wants to as he chases Kareem's points record. I'm also very worried that our FO won't bring in a dedicated shooting coach to work with Lonzo, BI, Kuz, Hart, Wagner, etc... and that we'll stick with Brian Shaw, who apparently does nothing of note that anyone can tell us about. And let's not forget the shadow lurking in the FO, that #$#%# Linda. All of these are much more worrisome things to me than the optics of hiring Kidd over what appears to be a very stupid domestic dispute between two immature people from 18 years ago and where the story appears to have many falsehoods embedded in it compared to true cases of domestic violence that so many women have to suffer and live through. Let's save the moral outrage for where it is needed, or else, we will end up like the shepherd who cried wolf too often.

Last edited by LAL1947 on Tue May 14, 2019 1:52 am; edited 8 times in total
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject:

I’m not okay with domestic violence no matter what the issue may be. I just want to get that straight. The problem is, we can’t pick and choose what horrible wife/child beater we like and which ones we don’t. I’m sure you all loved Mike Tyson in the Hangover movies. Max Kellerman was suspended from ESPNLA 710 for admitting he was drunk one night and retaliated at his wife during a fight. We all watch First Take. Jason Kidd was on the Jump a couple of months ago, which is owned by ESPN, which is owned by Disney. Kidd is wrong and is a 100% POS, but why do the Nets, and the Bucks, and Disney get a pass but the Lakers don’t?
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:04 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
I’m not okay with domestic violence no matter what the issue may be. I just want to get that straight. The problem is, we can’t pick and choose what horrible wife/child beater we like and which ones we don’t. I’m sure you all loved Mike Tyson in the Hangover movies. Max Kellerman was suspended from ESPNLA 710 for admitting he was drunk one night and retaliated at his wife during a fight. We all watch First Take. Jason Kidd was on the Jump a couple of months ago, which is owned by ESPN, which is owned by Disney. Kidd is wrong and is a 100% POS, but why do the Nets, and the Bucks, and Disney get a pass but the Lakers don’t?

I haven't liked Mike Tyson since i was a kid. Always rooted against him post-prison. His cameo in Hangover is actually lame.

DId not know that about Kellerman. Never watch his ESPN show anyway. But i did listen to Max and Marcellus back in the day.

I already wrote above how even if he didn't have the domestic violence past, he's a crappy hire. Add the bad optics and you have to wonder how the positives (which, what are they even?) outweigh the negatives.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:45 am    Post subject:

On the basketball side, I'm just worried Kidd will make his intensions
of backstabbing Vogel into the distraction he's created elsewhere. He's
seems to be a terrible hire IMO, brace....
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 4:51 am    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Geez, what a messy situation that marriage was.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/jason-kidd-wife-abused-me
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/documents/crime/wife-jason-kidd-serial-abuser-adulterer

Why are we reading about something Kidd did 18 years ago? I clearly remember fans being on board to bring him to the Lakers via trade. So why the outrage now? Perfect Mofos
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 45, 46, 47 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 46 of 224
Jump to: