Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:55 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Did Luke get to choose his staff?

Yes
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 1:17 pm    Post subject:

Really interested in seeing what type of assistants he brings in to fill out the coaching staff.
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:26 pm    Post subject:

Tyronn Lue and Lakers management reportedly disagreed on Jason Kidd

The Lakers reportedly wanted Tyronn Lue to hire Jason Kidd, but he wasn’t on board with the idea.
May 18, 2019, 12:23pm PDT

Quote:
According to a person close to the Lakers management, through the negotiation process the Lakers developed concerns about Lue’s fit with the organization. Part of those concerns stemmed from Lue’s disagreement with the Lakers about who would be on his staff. While they agreed on Vogel, they disagreed on Jason Kidd, whom the Lakers insisted he include. They also balked at Lue’s counter to the three-year deal the offered.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 2:27 pm    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes

Which was a huge problem and why rambis initially came on. Rob/#32/Jeanie didn’t think he surrounded himself with a good experienced staff.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 6:59 pm    Post subject:

Jeff Bzdelik was let go today by the Rockets let’s see if the Lakers are smart enough to offer him a spot.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Jeff Bzdelik was let go today by the Rockets let’s see if the Lakers are smart enough to offer him a spot.

Happen to know why he was let go?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

His contract was up and they chose not to bring him back. He was their defense guy.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:40 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

His contract was up and they chose not to bring him back. He was their defense guy.

Cool.
Hopefully an offensive coach can be found as well.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:42 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

I asked Bzdelik last month if he wanted to be back. Said, “That’s a really good question. I don’t know the answer to it. First of all, none of us have any guarantees on tomorrow. Second, you have to ask my wife. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.”

Don’t know if this was the case, but if Bzdelik remained unsure if he wanted to return for another season, the Rockets might have wanted to proceed with candidates now, rather than when many could line up other jobs
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

I asked Bzdelik last month if he wanted to be back. Said, “That’s a really good question. I don’t know the answer to it. First of all, none of us have any guarantees on tomorrow. Second, you have to ask my wife. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal.”

Don’t know if this was the case, but if Bzdelik remained unsure if he wanted to return for another season, the Rockets might have wanted to proceed with candidates now, rather than when many could line up other jobs

Thanks
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2019 8:48 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Thanks

You're welcome. Who are some of the good offensive guys out there?
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 12:13 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Thanks

I dunno. Offer Ty Lue the role of Assistant Coach - Offense.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 2:25 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Thanks

Hes not taking that job. Ty Lue was trying to negotiate past the years Cleveland owes him because theyre still paying him
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:41 am    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:

That would be pretty funny. Hell, has Lue even gotten head coaching offers from any other team yet?
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Thanks

Does he have any connection to Vogel? Would be a great pick up
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:12 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes

Rob/#32/Jeanie didn’t think he surrounded himself with a good experienced staff.

Am I the only one who sees the irony in that statement?
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:16 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes

Rob/#32/Jeanie didn’t think he surrounded himself with a good experienced staff.

give them a chance to prove you wrong vlf
Day
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:17 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes

Might be a bit ironic but it doesn't make it less true. Just about everyone criticized the entirety of Luke's staff as just being his buddies.

With the info coming out that the big disagreement between Lue and the FO is over his staff it shows that not only did they learn the importance of having a good coaching staff but also that they had a vision for that staff. Lue for LeBron, Kidd for development, Vogul for defense. Whether or not that's a good plan is up for debate but it does show some leadership on their part and a bit of learning from previous mistakes.

I think the narrative being pushed is pretty funny, everyone complained about Luke, his contract, and his staff so when he's fired - which everyone also wanted - and the Lakers don't want to give a long contract and want to be specific about their coaching staff people try to paint that as incompetence.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 9:22 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes

Nah, you aren't the only one. I felt it was a big mistake when Jeanie and Magic decided not to bring The Logo in as a consultant/advisor.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:05 am    Post subject:

LBJ23 wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:
epak wrote:
Car54 wrote:

Thanks

Does he have any connection to Vogel? Would be a great pick up

Corliss Williams was on his staff but I don’t know what his job was.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:09 am    Post subject:

Day wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Halflife wrote:
LBJ23 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Yes

Might be a bit ironic but it doesn't make it less true. Just about everyone criticized the entirety of Luke's staff as just being his buddies.

With the info coming out that the big disagreement between Lue and the FO is over his staff it shows that not only did they learn the importance of having a good coaching staff but also that they had a vision for that staff. Lue for LeBron, Kidd for development, Vogul for defense. Whether or not that's a good plan is up for debate but it does show some leadership on their part and a bit of learning from previous mistakes.

I think the narrative being pushed is pretty funny, everyone complained about Luke, his contract, and his staff so when he's fired - which everyone also wanted - and the Lakers don't want to give a long contract and want to be specific about their coaching staff people try to paint that as incompetence.

I agree
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:11 am    Post subject:

VicXLakers wrote:

The Lakers reportedly wanted Tyronn Lue to hire Jason Kidd, but he wasn’t on board with the idea.

Quote:
According to a person close to the Lakers management, through the negotiation process the Lakers developed concerns about Lue’s fit with the organization. Part of those concerns stemmed from Lue’s disagreement with the Lakers about who would be on his staff. While they agreed on Vogel, they disagreed on Jason Kidd, whom the Lakers insisted he include. They also balked at Lue’s counter to the three-year deal the offered.

So the Lakers gave up Lue / Vogel for Vogel / Kidd.
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:14 am    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

I think they wanted Lue/Vogel/Kidd.

When Lue refused the contract length and potentially Kidd on his staff, they went with Vogel/Kidd and insert whoever Vogel and Rambii hand picks.
RestEasyBlackMamba
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

I wonder if they also tried to push Kidd on Luke and he said pass.
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2019 11:38 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
LakersRGolden wrote:
VicXLakers wrote:

Quote:

I think they wanted Lue/Vogel/Kidd.

When Lue refused the contract length and potentially Kidd on his staff, they went with Vogel/Kidd and insert whoever Vogel and Rambii hand picks.

When Lue countered (if true), they essentially had to make that choice. Lue or Kidd + saving some $$. They went with Kidd.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 49, 50, 51 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 50 of 224
Jump to: