Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Mike Bresnahan: Vogel said he hoped the Lakers’ roster next season looked “very much like it does right now.” “I have a great confidence level and excitement about our young core,” Vogel told @RealAClifton 49 mins ago – via Twitter Mike_Bresnahan

That should make some people more easy on LG.

Keeping their value as suppose to Magic saying I’m trying all these babies

How is old LeBron, Kawhi with one leg, and 65 games a year and no playoffs AD going to win without a bench?

And AD and LBJ by themselves?

They won't anything for sure.

The Pelicans won't trade us AD for anything reasonable so you guys should give up on the Godfather trade and hope we can sign a good agent or two... draft a nice player and develop the kids.

This pushing for the Frankenstein pipe dream needs to stop not only from management from the fanbase as well.

Here’s a secret. How did Miami with LBJ Wade and Bosh and no bench do? Oh they found a bunch of decent vets and cheap young guys to fill it out

You make it seem like they’re out there playing 3 on 5.

Please come up with a new argument

How did the nets do? #Pleasestopthegodfatheroption

What do the Nets have to do with the conversation?

If you don’t know what that means then that’s a problem....kg Ray Allen and pierce ...why for so long do you think the nets had no first round picks?

I’m sorry but everyone and their mom knew PP and KG were garbage except Billy King. Oh btw next time you try to play it off like you know what you’re talking about ... Ray Allen wasn’t on the Nets. He ditched Boston to join the Heat way before.

My bad on the Allen part you right he went to the Beatles for the 3 4 no 5 rings they won there playing with the heat....basically it still remains true that every fan wants a super team and I bet you weren’t over on the nets forum when that got them saying ohhh oh pierce and kg washed up nor were they saying that...they were saying we getting 3-15 rings .You want the same as them some super team which is three stupid stars and if one of them gets injured look 👀 straight at ad....you’re DONE! You not beating GS and may be heading your tail back to the lottery.....why? BECAUSE you spent whatever cape money left on has beens....picture MOZ and chandler combined with beasly and Mcgee and rondo pffft lmao! Maybe get you some ymca walk ons to fill the rest of the roster....you want a job playing? Because that’s the support around them is going to be but don’t worry we can get talent from the draft....whoops! nope we traded them away! For what? injury prone stars ....welp we made you happy and that what counts tho. Right?

Seriously you wrote all that? Let’s put things in perspective.

I’m sorry but any combo of LeBron plus Kawhi/Kyrie/AD is infinitely better than your KG and PP comparison
CamReddish
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:28 pm    Post subject:

Vogel is going to look at the Lakers Free throw percentage and switch Free throws to last on his list. Lol
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:33 pm    Post subject:

greenfrog wrote:
BigGameHames wrote:
Practice wrote:
Vogel on ESPN Radio:
"We want FT's 1st. Layups at the rim 2nd. Corner threes 3rd. Angle 3's 4th and then the mid range jumpshot. That's how we're going to prioritize our shot selection."

Do coaches prefer corner 3s to others because of spacing? That was my least favorite 3 point shot as a player.

No, because it's closer. Above the break threes are better for spacing. It's a very old school take by him, IMO.

I think it’s playing to our strengths while working on our weaknesses on offense. Pretty attainable strategy, IMO. Free throws I realize is not a current strength. But I think that’s where a focus of coaching can contribute to being more mindful of rhythm and mental toughness. It’s all about repetition of proper mechanics when it comes to free throws. Coaching can solve it.
LuciusAllen
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:41 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
Hero Ball wrote:
Practice wrote:
Vogel on ESPN Radio:
"We want FT's 1st. Layups at the rim 2nd. Corner threes 3rd. Angle 3's 4th and then the mid range jumpshot. That's how we're going to prioritize our shot selection."

what's the meaning of free throws first?

Means a lot of drive to the hoop to draw fouls...harden strategy

I think that once he gets a glimpse of our players shooting free throws, he may de-prioritize it a little.
kenkoy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:42 pm    Post subject:

Practice wrote:
Vogel on ESPN Radio:

I think Lonzo just shat his pants after hearing that...
JustaObserver
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
waterman40 wrote:
Mike Bresnahan: Vogel said he hoped the Lakers’ roster next season looked “very much like it does right now.” “I have a great confidence level and excitement about our young core,” Vogel told @RealAClifton 49 mins ago – via Twitter Mike_Bresnahan

How is old LeBron, Kawhi with one leg, and 65 games a year and no playoffs AD going to win without a bench?

The Pelicans won't trade us AD for anything reasonable so you guys should give up on the Godfather trade and hope we can sign a good agent or two... draft a nice player and develop the kids.

This pushing for the Frankenstein pipe dream needs to stop not only from management from the fanbase as well.

Here’s a secret. How did Miami with LBJ Wade and Bosh and no bench do? Oh they found a bunch of decent vets and cheap young guys to fill it out

If you don’t know what that means then that’s a problem....kg Ray Allen and pierce ...why for so long do you think the nets had no first round picks?

I’m sorry but everyone and their mom knew PP and KG were garbage except Billy King. Oh btw next time you try to play it off like you know what you’re talking about ... Ray Allen wasn’t on the Nets. He ditched Boston to join the Heat way before.

My bad on the Allen part you right he went to the Beatles for the 3 4 no 5 rings they won there playing with the heat....basically it still remains true that every fan wants a super team and I bet you weren’t over on the nets forum when that got them saying ohhh oh pierce and kg washed up nor were they saying that...they were saying we getting 3-15 rings .You want the same as them some super team which is three stupid stars and if one of them gets injured look 👀 straight at ad....you’re DONE! You not beating GS and may be heading your tail back to the lottery.....why? BECAUSE you spent whatever cape money left on has beens....picture MOZ and chandler combined with beasly and Mcgee and rondo pffft lmao! Maybe get you some ymca walk ons to fill the rest of the roster....you want a job playing? Because that’s the support around them is going to be but don’t worry we can get talent from the draft....whoops! nope we traded them away! For what? injury prone stars ....welp we made you happy and that what counts tho. Right?

I’m sorry but any combo of LeBron plus Kawhi/Kyrie/AD is infinitely better than your KG and PP comparison

Better perspective....no support and one injury? Ya done...get the sandman on stage....
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 3:54 pm    Post subject:

I mean.. you guys act like our current squad can't work on improving their FT shooting.
YSong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:00 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Better perspective....no support and one injury? Ya done...get the sandman on stage....

You realize the Lakers have options right ?

Option 1 - LBJ + max FA + young core + #4 pick + $5mm vet

Option 2 - LBJ + AD + max FA + role players

Me personally I like option 1 and some patience
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:01 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
I mean.. you guys act like our current squad can't work on improving their FT shooting.

Rightfully so....this past roster sucked at free throws. Sucked! Not decent, ok, room for improvement, we sucked.

Lonzo should be the first one there and the last one to leave everyday once practice starts. He beyond sucks.

Let's see, room for improvement?

Lonzo - 41.7%
Chandler - 59.4%
McGee - 63.2%
Rondo - 63.9%
Lebron - 66.5%
Ingram - 67.5%
Hart - 68.8%
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:19 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Rightfully so....this past roster sucked at free throws. Sucked! Not decent, ok, room for improvement, we sucked.

Lonzo should be the first one there and the last one to leave everyday once practice starts. He beyond sucks.

Lonzo - 41.7%
Chandler - 59.4%
McGee - 63.2%
Rondo - 63.9%
Lebron - 66.5%
Ingram - 67.5%
Hart - 68.8%

No denying how much of an issue it is.. I'm simply saying it can be rectified to an extent.

Rondo McGee, and Chandler probably won't be back.

Ingram was actually trending in a 75% range.. I think it's reasonable to expect Hart to improve as well.

Zo, and Bron are question marks granted..
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:21 pm    Post subject:

YSong wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

So all we need is prime Lebron and prime Wade? Two potential top 10 players ever? Piece of cake.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Lonzos issue at the FT line is all nervous Anxiety. The spotlight is on him and he wants to get rid of it as fast as he can. No routine, no breathing, and just flicks it as fast as the ref gives him the ball. This can all be changed if he learns to mentally slow down, deep breaths, and the same routine. A therapist could actually help him with this. I recall PJ brought in a basketball therapist years ago, and wouldn't be a bad idea now.

BI is in love with forced midrange shots in traffic, and if Vogel has an aversion with long two pointers then this will be an issue...though BI did improve his shot selections to close the season.
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:33 pm    Post subject:

Dave was on the Sedano show. And a couple of things he said that encouraged me.

1. Frank did not sit around just to get paid by Orlando.
2. Frank went looking for basketball minds to see how they're being successful, on how basketball has changed, etc. We talk about developing players, but coaches need to develop and change with the times.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:39 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Lonzo - 41.7%
Chandler - 59.4%
McGee - 63.2%
Rondo - 63.9%
Lebron - 66.5%
Ingram - 67.5%
Hart - 68.8%

Yeah, no exceptions.
SocalDevin
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:40 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:
Lonzos issue at the FT line is all nervous Anxiety. The spotlight is on him and he wants to get rid of it as fast as he can. No routine, no breathing, and just flicks it as fast as the ref gives him the ball. This can all be changed if he learns to mentally slow down, deep breaths, and the same routine. A therapist could actually help him with this. I recall PJ brought in a basketball therapist years ago, and wouldn't be a bad idea now.

BI is in love with forced midrange shots in traffic, and if Vogel has an aversion with long two pointers then this will be an issue...though BI did improve his shot selections to close the season.

I don't see this as anything to be concerned about. Ingram will do whatever he's asked. Just like anyone else on the squad. Give them parameters to play within structurally and they will.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:54 pm    Post subject:

ForumBlueFrank wrote:

It's Kuzma's defense I worry about fitting in. Watched some videos of Vogel coaching during his Indiana stint. Listening to Vogel talk about personal accountability and keeping your man in front of you. I immediately thought, uh oh. Kuzma's in trouble.
trablos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:58 pm    Post subject:

epak wrote:
Dave was on the Sedano show. And a couple of things he said that encouraged me.

1. Frank did not sit around just to get paid by Orlando.
2. Frank went looking for basketball minds to see how they're being successful, on how basketball has changed, etc. We talk about developing players, but coaches need to develop and change with the times.

Sounds exactly like the type of coach we need. I'm excited to see what he brings to our team!
Sentient Meat
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 4:59 pm    Post subject:

Ingram's eFG% last season was higher than PG every year until he was 26.

Kobe never shot the ball better from the field than BI last season during his entire career.

It's higher than 4X All star Derozan throughout his career as well.

His midrange woes are way overstated by the BI haters on this forum.
pio2u
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:08 pm    Post subject:

SocalDevin wrote:
anth2000 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Lonzo - 41.7%
Chandler - 59.4%
McGee - 63.2%
Rondo - 63.9%
Lebron - 66.5%
Ingram - 67.5%
Hart - 68.8%

No denying how much of an issue it is.. I'm simply saying it can be rectified to an extent.

Rondo McGee, and Chandler probably won't be back.

Ingram was actually trending in a 75% range.. I think it's reasonable to expect Hart to improve as well.

Zo, and Bron are question marks granted..
Zo is atrocious from the line.

Last edited by pio2u on Mon May 20, 2019 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:09 pm    Post subject:

Sentient Meat wrote:
Ingram's eFG% last season was higher than PG every year until he was 26.

Kobe never shot the ball better from the field than BI last season during his entire career.

It's higher than 4X All star Derozan throughout his career as well.

His midrange woes are way overstated by the BI haters on this forum.

BI has time to improve that's for sure.
repandpresent
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:12 pm    Post subject:

I like coach Vogel, I thought he did a great job with the pieces Larry gave him. My concern with him is his fascination with traditional big men.

They traded Dipo, Ilysova, Sabonis for Serge Ibaka. They didn't resign Dwyane Dedmon, a stretch 5 that has above average defense. Instead they signed Bismack for ridiculous money. They brought in Jeff Green. All this with Vucevic and Aaron Gordon already on the roster. They tried to trade Vucevic because he didn't fit Vogels offense. Same with Gordon getting shuffled around all 3 front court positions.

They could of had a starting 5 of

Payton
Dipo
Harkless
Gordon
Vucevic.

The very next year he is let go, the Magic makes the playoffs and actually wins one game.

I have huge concerns with his vision, he did say that he realized he has to change the way he sees the offense. He acknowledged the change of pace.

Honestly, I'm just glad we signed him over Lue.
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
JustaObserver wrote:
YSong wrote:
Sentient Meat wrote:
YSong wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

You and the Nets former GM might be the only people who though Paul and KG still had it when that trade went down lol
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:16 pm    Post subject:

Staccatos wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
LKA wrote:
Why does his dude feel the need to say OK after every (bleep) sentence.

Damn that is annoying af

Alvin Gentry does the same ...

A lot of people do it, this quora seems to make sense to me.

When people say "okay" at the end of a sentence, is that supposed to be mean or rude?

https://www.quora.com/When-people-say-okay-at-the-end-of-a-sentence-is-that-supposed-to-be-mean-or-rude

Quote:
Saying OK at the end of a sentence is often about control. One might say “OK?” to you if they want to emphasize that they’d like to control your behavior in some way. It can also convey concern (often used by medical personnel i.e. “we’re going to take you for a ride in the ambulance, OK?”) but in other contexts can be rude or irritating (“guys, I need you to sit quietly, OK?”). Teachers use it a lot. If a stranger addresses me then says “OK?”, I might get offended (“we were first in line, OK?”). Most of the time, I don’t care for it unless I’m in a medical or emergency situation or are otherwise being given instructions by someone in an official capacity.

But saying OK is also about making mutual agreements between friends (why don’t I give you a call tomorrow, OK?). Its seldom rude in that situation. Or its just about passing information along (I’ll be home about 5PM, OK?). The “OK” is often optional here and many omit it altogether, but adding it provides assurance that the information was received and understood. In the military, you might reply by saying “roger”.

So saying “OK?” to me can be either about control, making a mutual agreement or simply conveying useful information to another person. It seems only offensive, mean or rude in the first instance.

sounds good. ok!
epak
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 5:41 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
Staccatos wrote:
Killakobe81 wrote:
LKA wrote:
Why does his dude feel the need to say OK after every (bleep) sentence.

Damn that is annoying af

Alvin Gentry does the same ...

A lot of people do it, this quora seems to make sense to me.

When people say "okay" at the end of a sentence, is that supposed to be mean or rude?

https://www.quora.com/When-people-say-okay-at-the-end-of-a-sentence-is-that-supposed-to-be-mean-or-rude

Quote:
Saying OK at the end of a sentence is often about control. One might say “OK?” to you if they want to emphasize that they’d like to control your behavior in some way. It can also convey concern (often used by medical personnel i.e. “we’re going to take you for a ride in the ambulance, OK?”) but in other contexts can be rude or irritating (“guys, I need you to sit quietly, OK?”). Teachers use it a lot. If a stranger addresses me then says “OK?”, I might get offended (“we were first in line, OK?”). Most of the time, I don’t care for it unless I’m in a medical or emergency situation or are otherwise being given instructions by someone in an official capacity.

But saying OK is also about making mutual agreements between friends (why don’t I give you a call tomorrow, OK?). Its seldom rude in that situation. Or its just about passing information along (I’ll be home about 5PM, OK?). The “OK” is often optional here and many omit it altogether, but adding it provides assurance that the information was received and understood. In the military, you might reply by saying “roger”.

So saying “OK?” to me can be either about control, making a mutual agreement or simply conveying useful information to another person. It seems only offensive, mean or rude in the first instance.

sounds good. ok!

I wonder how you guys would like Alvin Gentry as coach.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2019 8:39 pm    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
SocalDevin wrote:

Lonzo - 41.7%
Chandler - 59.4%
McGee - 63.2%
Rondo - 63.9%
Lebron - 66.5%
Ingram - 67.5%
Hart - 68.8%

Give back one percent of salary for every percent under 80 free throw shooting. Use it for the homeless or whatever. Make the free throws or give your money away.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 56 of 224
Jump to: