Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:46 pm    Post subject:

You guys gotta give Vogel a break here. Could've changed a few things but the fact that Denver is literally the best team out there when losing by double digits means that the Nuggets are really experts in rallying back. If anything, we need to give the coaching staff some credit for not completely collapsing against a very young and energetic team and building a big enough cushion in the first half.
BobbyB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 6:53 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
Worst game he's coached thus far in the playoffs. No Dwight and too much Kuzma, makes zero sense

I dont understand why Dwight didn't start the game let alone the 2nd half...He completely changes the game...If you are going to go big at Center Dwight needs the minutes...

Follow up to that is I dont want Dwight closing the game in the 4th...To unpredictable with fouls and FT shooting...This is when we go small...

Rondo not in the game towards the end was not a great decision either...

As others have said to much love for Kuzma and he had a bad game.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject:

Last 3 mins of the game, Lakers had no set offensive plays.

Basically give the ball to LeBron, space the floor as if we’re a good 3 point shooting team, and let him kill clock, then in the final 5 seconds, drive and kick or shoot a long 3.

Vogel should call some plays out, not even a simple LeBron and AD pnr to be found.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Rondo
LeBron
Dwight
Davis
Kcp

To finish in a close game is not a good line up
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:44 pm    Post subject:

defense wrote:
Rondo
LeBron
Dwight
Davis
Kcp

To finish in a close game is not a good line up

Not a DG fan, but he should’ve been in there sooner. He hit some clutch shots earlier and even got some offensive rebounds.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:45 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Last 3 mins of the game, Lakers had no offensive plays.

It was basically give the ball to LeBron, space the floor as if we’re a good 3 point shooting team, and let him kill clock, then in the final 5 seconds, drive and kick or shoot a 3.

Vogel should call some plays out, not even a simple LeBron and AD pnr to be found.

In fairness

The last play of the game

Vogel made 2 significant coaching plays

Subbing Caruso for Rondo
The play they ran end up being a set they have run in the past with Vogel

AD comes off the ball on a screen like if he were a 2 guard
Rondo looks for him and not Bron (huge IQ play)

We don’t win a game like that without a good coach (hello, Luke Byron and the Mikes).

But this game for sure he deserves criticism because his lineups were wacky. It seemed almost as if he were testing the Nuggets to see what they like or don’t like to play against. Often waited very long to get Dwight into the game each half.

As for Bron, that is on Bron, he like all the other all times greats can get into
moments like that. Bron was just off, he even slipped dribbling. For sure the coaching staff should have a talk with Lebron about his shot clock usage. He’s waiting too much when he does it that way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerMindLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Vogel will earn his money this series. Denver has made some adjustments that made the Lakers look really bad in the 2nd half.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Both games play at a very high level in this game. It’s glad we won the battle. In fact, Nuggets adjusted better in the second half, especially defensively and held us to almost scoreless in late Q3, beginning of Q4 and end of Q4. Having said that, I’m glad we play with hustle in the first half which gave us some cushion, or we may lose this game. We’ve to prepare well for game 3. Nuggets is for real. Their duo are great and their role players all excel. It’s a great matchup. We have to prepare well and play with hustle and care for the whole game too
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
Last 3 mins of the game, Lakers had no offensive plays.

It was basically give the ball to LeBron, space the floor as if we’re a good 3 point shooting team, and let him kill clock, then in the final 5 seconds, drive and kick or shoot a 3.

In fairness

The last play of the game

Vogel made 2 significant coaching plays

Subbing Caruso for Rondo
The play they ran end up being a set they have run in the past with Vogel

AD comes off the ball on a screen like if he were a 2 guard
Rondo looks for him and not Bron (huge IQ play)

We don’t win a game like that without a good coach (hello, Luke Byron and the Mikes).

But this game for sure he deserves criticism because his lineups were wacky. It seemed almost as if he were testing the Nuggets to see what they like or don’t like to play against. Often waited very long to get Dwight into the game each half.

As for Bron, that is on Bron, he like all the other all times greats can get into
moments like that. Bron was just off, he even slipped dribbling. For sure the coaching staff should have a talk with Lebron about his shot clock usage. He’s waiting too much when he does it that way.

It seems like if Plumlee would have followed AD, Lebron was open over the top with Grant on him for either a midrange or a drive/layup. I'm very happy that Rondo was inbounding the ball to see what was happening on the floor and adjust.

The value of Rondo is more than his contract this playoff series
dfchang813
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Sina wrote:
Both games play at a very high level in this game. It’s glad we won the battle. In fact, Nuggets adjusted better in the second half, especially defensively and held us to almost scoreless in late Q3, beginning of Q4 and end of Q4. Having said that, I’m glad we play with hustle in the first half which gave us some cushion, or we may lose this game. We’ve to prepare well for game 3. Nuggets is for real. Their duo are great and their role players all excel. It’s a great matchup. We have to prepare well and play with hustle and care for the whole game too

It’s good prep for the Finals cause Miami and Boston are no joke either. They will require same intensity and focus for 48 minutes.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Vogel told his team that was a mamba shot
Vogel said that’s a shot Kobe Bryant would hit

I love this team a lot. So happy these dudes are Lakers.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Vogel allowed Denver to get some confidence with playing Morris at the 5. I think they began to feel they can get penetration and rebounding and then they really started to get engaged.

Not a good game from him, but despite that, I’ll say this about him. He just understands his team. He told them. Swag. That’s it. He has that feel on these guys. Never panics. So the team doesn’t panic.

But next game I’d like to see more AD at the 5, less Morris. I understand the offense positives of Morris at the 5, but Lakers do not want to give this Denver team any hope inside. Morris McGee for 20 min means Denver can rest for 20 minutes at the 5 spot. Howard will foul out in 20 min, usually. You’ll need 20 from AD there and about 8 for McGee at most. Denver has to feel that intimidation and rim protection.

You guys are too harsh. Malone's incessant pre-game (bleep) about the refs got Dwight in foul trouble, while we settled for way too many threes late in the clock. Frank massaged these guys to a 2-0 series lead. Style points don't matter.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:28 pm    Post subject:

I don't think it was lineups.
It was the turnovers.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:29 pm    Post subject:

I love what is vogel is doing but I just can't figured it out why he is still using McGee in this series when clearly he can't keep up on D agains the Nuggets. But still it is a good job by Vogel.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:31 pm    Post subject:

leking006 wrote:
I love what is vogel is doing but I just can't figured it out why he is still using McGee in this series when clearly he can't keep up on D agains the Nuggets. But still it is a good job by Vogel.

I was wondering why Dwight wasn't starting the 3rd.
Then I realized Coach was preserving him due to fouls.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
It was the turnovers.

Lineups hurt a bit too

Dwight does not enter game until 16 min into the game. Morris gets a run at the 5.

Second half despite McGee showing little in 1st he starts again.

4th he continues with a non spacing lineup even though Lebron is struggling and slowed down.

Look easy for me to arm chair from my spot. But he did not have good lineups in this one, IMO. I think he’s a great coach for this team. Even the best have some off nights in a playoff series of 7.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:35 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
leking006 wrote:

I was wondering why Dwight wasn't starting the 3rd.
Then I realized Coach was preserving him due to fouls.

I think he only had 2 fouls that time. It's not as if Diwight will play the whole 2nd half. But anyway, still a good coaching game by Vogel. Lebron is just having a bad game offensively. Good thing he had AD now who he can count to if ever he have a bad game.
leking006
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 8:39 pm    Post subject:

And Vogel should have a counter on that zone defense by the Nuggets. The Heat is also using a zone, so they can already formulate a counter for it in this series. Assuming Lakers and Heat will make it to the finals.

But I don't think the Nuggets can get back from this. That shot by AD is a dagger. And Bron is not in his rhythm yet.
Baron Von Humongous
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
It was the turnovers.

No. Wrong.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Baron Von Humongous wrote:
epic_ wrote:
It was the turnovers.

No. Wrong.

Alrighty
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:52 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
It was the turnovers.

No. Wrong.

Alrighty

I'll hop on in here and say it was both haha

I didn't love some of the lineups and for how long he stuck with them at times but obviously the turnovers were the ultimate reason as I believe we finished with 23 but had like 20-21 after 3? That's brutal for any team to overcome when they're shooting is extremely suspect most of the night especially outside of the 2 supah dupah stars.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:54 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
epic_ wrote:
epic_ wrote:
It was the turnovers.

No. Wrong.

Alrighty

I'll hop on in here and say it was both haha

I didn't love some of the lineups and for how long he stuck with them at times but obviously the turnovers were the ultimate reason as I believe we finished with 23 but had like 20-21 after 3? That's brutal for any team to overcome when they're shooting is extremely suspect most of the night especially outside of the 2 supah dupah stars.

The 3rd aspect is I believe Denver improved their transition defense.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 9:57 pm    Post subject:

We got up 17 and got stupid. Everyone, players and coaches alike. The play was sloppy, the focus was sloppy, and the coaching was sloppy. We had Caruso guarding Jokic like 3 times down the court in a row and the third time, there comes the double (can't do that with Jokic, or did you watch the Clippers series?) and Murray is alone for a wide-open 3, bang. Wanted to throw something at the TV screen.

We should have lost this game and the fact that we still won it...it just might be our year.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:00 pm    Post subject:

epak, what’s Vogel’s 3pt percentage? 🤣
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2020 10:07 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
epak, what’s Vogel’s 3pt percentage? 🤣

0%.
He's the coach silly.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 107 of 224
Jump to: