Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 222, 223, 224  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 62 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 271 ]
Neutral
32%
 32%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 496

hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 1:04 am    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
What a play by Vogel. Remember when everyone here was excited that Luke was going to be our head coach? I know I was. I thought finally, we’ve got someone with actual schemes, rather than ISO for Kobe. I was hyped when GT made a video on what to expect when Luke implements the Warriors system. But then reality sunk in. There were no fancy plays, no misdirections, no halftime adjustments. Just bad substitutions, no youth development, and plays only for KCP. Luke fooled everyone. Vogel on the other hand, this dude can coach. He’s not Doc, POP, or Spols. But he doesn’t have to be.

Yeah, I think Luke really screwed himself and got way over confident when he signed a bunch of buddies mostly to round out a pretty awful coaching staff around him especially considering it's the Lakers and we had Lebron. He had the potential to be much better but i'm glad that's the past now!

Vogel on the other hand is already a solid coach but he compiled a great staff around him while getting Handy who I think has probably helped this team silently much more then the majority of fans know.

So nice seeing actual adjustments in game though along with well designed plays when needed. For the first time in quite awhile i'm not worried about the coaching staff no matter who we play, i'm actually kind of excited to see how he handles things when everything's on the line and there's no more hiding anything.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:28 am    Post subject:

Listening to Vogel's post game, he said since "it's a small ball league" he prefers to have 2 guards on the floor so Kuzma won't be the starter during the playoffs. And the only reason he chose to play Kuzma as a starter against Denver was because Denver was going big using MPJ.

That's my issue with Vogel. He's letting the other team dictate the matchups.

He did it twice against Houston, put out small ball lineups instead of going big, and later even said during the loss that he should've capitalized on the Lakers' size instead of playing to Houston's small ball strengths. Yet he keeps doing it again.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:41 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Listening to Vogel's post game, he said since "it's a small ball league" he prefers to have 2 guards on the floor so Kuzma won't be the starter during the playoffs. And the only reason he chose to play Kuzma as a starter against Denver was because Denver was going big using MPJ.

That's my issue with Vogel. He's letting the other team dictate the matchups.

He did it twice against Houston, put out small ball lineups instead of going big, and later even said during the loss that he should've capitalized on the Lakers' size instead of playing to Houston's small ball strengths. Yet he keeps doing it again.

Interesting point.
If true, that would make sense if you're a defense first coach.
But when we have Lebron and AD, we also dictate who the opponent has to put out there. Houston may be the exception as Tucker amazingly allows them to play a super small center.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:24 am    Post subject:

hype wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
What a play by Vogel. Remember when everyone here was excited that Luke was going to be our head coach? I know I was. I thought finally, we’ve got someone with actual schemes, rather than ISO for Kobe. I was hyped when GT made a video on what to expect when Luke implements the Warriors system. But then reality sunk in. There were no fancy plays, no misdirections, no halftime adjustments. Just bad substitutions, no youth development, and plays only for KCP. Luke fooled everyone. Vogel on the other hand, this dude can coach. He’s not Doc, POP, or Spols. But he doesn’t have to be.

Yeah, I think Luke really screwed himself and got way over confident when he signed a bunch of buddies mostly to round out a pretty awful coaching staff around him especially considering it's the Lakers and we had Lebron. He had the potential to be much better but i'm glad that's the past now!

Vogel on the other hand is already a solid coach but he compiled a great staff around him while getting Handy who I think has probably helped this team silently much more then the majority of fans know.

So nice seeing actual adjustments in game though along with well designed plays when needed. For the first time in quite awhile i'm not worried about the coaching staff no matter who we play, i'm actually kind of excited to see how he handles things when everything's on the line and there's no more hiding anything.

You’re right, it’s nice having a coach who can make in game adjustments. Luke was Byron level hard-headed. Like I said previously, Luke had us all fooled when signed. Myself included. And yes, what a great pick up Phil Handy was.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:05 pm    Post subject:

Vogel’s rotation and substitution was horrible.

Off my head:

Taking Kuzma out when he had just made back to back baskets to give the Lakers a 6 point lead, for cold as ice Danny.

Subbing -18 KCP for Caruso to guard Dame.

Not playing Waiters until the final minute of a DEFENSIVE position in the 2nd quarter which ended with the Blazers hitting a 3.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:08 pm    Post subject:

It's one game.
But if KCP can't hit a shot, we might need Dion or JR to get his minutes
Same for Danny
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
rybee
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:16 pm    Post subject:

Think he really needs to consider a lineup change

The starting lineup has been continually been putting the team in deep holes throughout the bubble.
3baller
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Enough of the bs. Stop treating AD like a baby. Force him to play the 5 and insert Kuz in the starting lineup. This will open up the lane for LBJ, give more room for AD to operate inside and give us an additional outside threat in Kuz. If all else fails then just run pick and roll with LBJ and AD all day and spread out the shooters.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:17 pm    Post subject:

Vogel resorting to Luke’s “I have to look at the tape on that”.
Ksig
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:18 pm    Post subject:

What is going through his head when he puts in KCP and DG back in the game? Does he not know this is the playoffs? Theres no more time for your BS experiments and "hoping" they suddenly stop playing like YMCA rec players. If he continues to start them next game then I'm all for finding a new coach.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:19 pm    Post subject:

This love for KCP and McGee is going to kill us.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:21 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Same goes for Green at this point. Maybe benching them is exactly what they all need at this point.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:48 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
AFireInside619 wrote:
Same goes for Green at this point. Maybe benching them is exactly what they all need at this point.

yeah, Green hurt us massively more then McGee who actually played better then I expected (still wouldnt mind seeing his minutes reduced or sit for most games though). Pretty horrible coaching job by Vogel tonight, I have a lot of confidence in him but tonight was not good win or lose. How anyone who watched that game could still close with both KCP (he only played 1 less minute then Kuzma who should be right up with Lebron and AD imo ) and Green on the floor is a huge mystery to me.

It's pretty obvious having McGee, KCP and Green as the starters are just killing us to start games and second halves. Time for a shakeup with those 3.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:52 pm    Post subject:

I don’t know if Vogel has it in him to change the staring lineup. It’s does need change though. It’s just simply not working
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I would start:

Dwight
AD
LeBron
Kuz
KCP

and then after 5 mins yank Dwight for Caruso and start the small ball lineup quicker. We can't keep digging big holes early. It takes so much energy to catch up.
dcastillo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 8:56 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
I would start:

Dwight
AD
LeBron
Kuz
KCP

and then after 5 mins yank Dwight for Caruso and start the small ball lineup quicker. We can't keep digging big holes early. It takes so much energy to catch up.

This would work
Blitz247
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

dcastillo wrote:
KBandKB wrote:
I would start:

Dwight
AD
LeBron
Kuz
KCP

This would work

I think defensively, that makes it even easier for Portland, but at least Kuz is a threat on offense.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

I can't start Dwight.
He just can't keep himself from fouling.
We'll be in the penalty by the 6 minute mark.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject:

KBandKB wrote:
I would start:

Dwight
AD
LeBron
Kuz
KCP

As useless as Green has been he’s been more useful than KCP. I’d have KCP come off the bench. Also, I think McGee might check out if we give his starting spot away to Dwight.. My lineup would be
Caruso
Green
Bron
Kuz
AD
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:35 pm    Post subject:

I'd keep the same lineup.
Just give Dion some run with Alex.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:37 pm    Post subject:

epic_ wrote:

If we were playing another team. I'd agree. But given our shooting woes. I think we need to downsize. That way POR can't get away with running Nurkic and Whiteside together.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
epic_ wrote:

If we were playing another team. I'd agree. But given our shooting woes. I think we need to downsize. That way POR can't get away with running Nurkic and Whiteside together.

We did for 19 mins when Morris was in the game though.
Today just seemed like one of those ramp up games we needed to lose to wake up.
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
FrankUnderwood
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2020 10:37 pm    Post subject:

Vogel was an idiot to close the game playing KCP so much. Why did he get so many minutes while Waiters didn’t play?? Makes no sense especially with how bad KCP played on D too
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 3:34 am    Post subject:

FrankUnderwood wrote:
Vogel was an idiot to close the game playing KCP so much. Why did he get so many minutes while Waiters didn’t play?? Makes no sense especially with how bad KCP played on D too

I thought KCP was pretty good on defense. He fought over screens well. The problem was on offense he couldn’t do anything right. I’d still rather him come through than give minutes to Dion. I only have confidence in him guarding Trent Jr and even then he’ll leave him wide open.
Sina
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 6:00 am    Post subject:

We have done quite a good job on the defensive end indeed, especially after first quarter, give how hot Lillard and Blazers are lately. We just couldn’t bring in our offense as well in the second half. We need AD to step up. He is supposed the man to carry our offense. We also need an aggressive KCP, especially on the offensive end. He can do more.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 93, 94, 95 ... 222, 223, 224  Next
Page 94 of 224
Jump to: