Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 120, 121, 122  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
11%
 11%  [ 52 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 245 ]
Neutral
34%
 34%  [ 155 ]
Total Votes : 452

Author Message
Judah
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 23 Jun 2015
Posts: 4759

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2020 6:06 pm    Post subject:

Hollins will be the only question mark since he wasn't permitted into the bubble.
_________________
“Christ did not die to forgive sinners who go on treasuring anything above seeing and savoring God. And people who would be happy in heaven if Christ were not there, will not be there."
- John Piper
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 1222

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:58 am    Post subject:

I really like Frank, one of the best coaches of the league, one of the few coaches that LeBron has respected in his career and he seems to be a pretty good guy. I don't know why the Lakers have not extended his contract yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
oaktown_dimond
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 16 Nov 2007
Posts: 621

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:32 am    Post subject:

Yeah I think Steve Nash wanted Phil Handy. Phil decided to run it back with us. Good man!

danzag wrote:
DD20045 wrote:
Did any of the coaching staff change?


No news. So I guess it's the same staff.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ibitegirls
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 29 Dec 2011
Posts: 4190

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:33 am    Post subject:

Judah wrote:
Hollins will be the only question mark since he wasn't permitted into the bubble.


Which made no sense considering they permitted Pat Riley whose about 6-7 years older than Hollins.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Aug 2004
Posts: 11183
Location: The Other Perspective

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 9:28 am    Post subject:

ibitegirls wrote:
Judah wrote:
Hollins will be the only question mark since he wasn't permitted into the bubble.


Which made no sense considering they permitted Pat Riley whose about 6-7 years older than Hollins.


Maybe it had more to do with pre-existing health issues than with age.
_________________
"Chick lived and breathed Lakers basketball…but he was also fair and objective and called every game the way it was played."
-from Chick: His Unpublished Memoirs and the Memories of Those Who Knew Him
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 11 Dec 2015
Posts: 10357

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:07 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
ibitegirls wrote:
Judah wrote:
Hollins will be the only question mark since he wasn't permitted into the bubble.


Which made no sense considering they permitted Pat Riley whose about 6-7 years older than Hollins.


Maybe it had more to do with pre-existing health issues than with age.


Pat Riley sacrificed a goats and chickens down in Miami in exchange for his great health.
_________________
“You have to dance beautifully in the box that you are comfortable dancing in.” - Kobe Bryant
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Posts: 16897

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 5:35 pm    Post subject:

Deserves an extension and a pay raise. Was only the 9th highest paid coach this past year. Pay him like the championship coach he is. 7-8M. Up from 5.5M
_________________
"He's a Zen master, so he can speak to you, and he doesn't need a microphone; you can hear him in your head, 'Ron, don't shoot, don't shoot.' Whatever, pow, three. I love the Zen, though."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 13 Nov 2018
Posts: 13299

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 6:07 pm    Post subject:

10 year extension please Rob
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4333

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:09 pm    Post subject:

drae wrote:
10 year extension please Rob

No way. What if Phil Jackson wants to come back. Have to have that flexibility
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Apr 2009
Posts: 1480

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2020 11:51 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
drae wrote:
10 year extension please Rob

No way. What if Phil Jackson wants to come back. Have to have that flexibility


We tell Phil to F off. His hip was too broken down to travel 10 years ago. He is 75 years old.

F flexibility. We have the coach our Franchise player trust after winning a championship with him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Halflife
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Aug 2015
Posts: 4333

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:27 am    Post subject:

DeeAgeaux wrote:
Halflife wrote:
drae wrote:
10 year extension please Rob

No way. What if Phil Jackson wants to come back. Have to have that flexibility


We tell Phil to F off. His hip was too broken down to travel 10 years ago. He is 75 years old.

F flexibility. We have the coach our Franchise player trust after winning a championship with him.

Just think what Phil could do with this posse
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
BrokenLaker
Sixth Man
Sixth Man


Joined: 22 Apr 2017
Posts: 32

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:43 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DeeAgeaux wrote:
Halflife wrote:
drae wrote:
10 year extension please Rob

No way. What if Phil Jackson wants to come back. Have to have that flexibility


We tell Phil to F off. His hip was too broken down to travel 10 years ago. He is 75 years old.

F flexibility. We have the coach our Franchise player trust after winning a championship with him.

Just think what Phil could do with this posse


Run an outdated offense and make no defensive adjustments?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Jun 2003
Posts: 5673
Location: Central Coast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:49 am    Post subject:

Why hasn't our coach gotten a raise?
_________________
LAKERS 2019-2020: NBA World Champions!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
The Dagger
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2002
Posts: 7276
Location: Sovngarde

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:21 am    Post subject:

This thread fell to the 3rd page. We need to extend him asap. Bes t coach we have had in a very long time.
_________________
The great Laker Center Tradition continues.....Mikan, Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Gasol, AD....Gasol.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 54334

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:17 am    Post subject:

The Dagger wrote:
This thread fell to the 3rd page. We need to extend him asap. Bes t coach we have had in a very long time.

I do not know about that. I love Frank and think he should be the Lakers coach for next decade. But, reality is if Lakers don't win a title with this supremely talented group, the Lakers may not extend him, and he may even become a scapegoat. That is just how the business works. You certainly will hear the media turn on him, in 6-7 months if the Lakers don't win a title. Expectations are actually a lot higher this year, than last year, which I find a bit crazy considering Bron is in year 18. Right now they're the champs and the narratives have all changed. The minute that ever changes, the tunes will as well.

Personally, I would keep him. Best coach since Phil. Good on D, smart adjustments in the playoffs, flexible with offensive schemes and players like him. The only weakness you could argue is that he can run a deep rotation, and give some players short minutes but he doesn't do that to his stars.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 Oct 2001
Posts: 45189

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:00 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
The Dagger wrote:
This thread fell to the 3rd page. We need to extend him asap. Bes t coach we have had in a very long time.

I do not know about that. I love Frank and think he should be the Lakers coach for next decade. But, reality is if Lakers don't win a title with this supremely talented group, the Lakers may not extend him, and he may even become a scapegoat. That is just how the business works. You certainly will hear the media turn on him, in 6-7 months if the Lakers don't win a title. Expectations are actually a lot higher this year, than last year, which I find a bit crazy considering Bron is in year 18. Right now they're the champs and the narratives have all changed. The minute that ever changes, the tunes will as well.

Personally, I would keep him. Best coach since Phil. Good on D, smart adjustments in the playoffs, flexible with offensive schemes and players like him. The only weakness you could argue is that he can run a deep rotation, and give some players short minutes but he doesn't do that to his stars.


He seems to get that modern day NBA coaching is a true partnership with the players and not a thing where you yell and scream on the sidelines like a crazy man.

His players overall play with better effort for him than most NBA coaches I would argue if you look at the entirety of his career. That alone means he is doing something right in my mind.

Uncle Frank is for real and doing a great job.
_________________
Love, Laker Lanny
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakeshow323
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 17 Nov 2016
Posts: 1131
Location: LA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:05 pm    Post subject:

I have to say I'm impressed how this team was really defensive minded last year and now we are much more offensive minded and the transition has been seemless. Really goes to show his range/flexibility. Many coach couldn't do this transition.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 54334

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject:

Quote:
It’s really just being able to just play my game and just not being kind of told and sit on, ‘You always got to be this, this or this,’” he said. “It’s kind of been the system I’ve kind of been playing in for a while. It’s got to be threes, layups or let’s get free throws. But that’s not like that over here. They play to the style of everybody’s game and we’re not looking at anybody that, ‘You have to do this, you got to do that,’ man. We play basketball over here. It’s free-flowing game.”


Trez on the Lakers.

Was saying this all last season
One of the things I love about Vogel is that he doesn’t ignore any part of the game. He isn’t biased against midrange shots post up isolation etc but also will run pace and space offense lots of transition etc etc

We won the ring last year because of that - we didn’t make AD into anything he wasn’t and we used old Bron the way his IQ and passing could be most effective.

Trez noticed that right away - he isn’t told he has to go for a layup or draw a FT every possession.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 18 Jul 2006
Posts: 3458

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:42 am    Post subject:

There are three areas Coach Vogel excels in that makes him the perfect coach for now.

(1) Humility. He won't get in the way of his stars. He optimizes his relationships because of this attribute.

(2) His defensive minded approach and what he employs to execute his observations, and moves to make.

(3) A great coaching staff to balance him and through him, balance our team.

Great coach for this team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Aug 2005
Posts: 2142

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:48 am    Post subject:

I forgot that Marc played most of his prime years under Hollins. I wonder if that had anything to do with us getting Marc this summer, or at the very least if we are running at least a play or two from the old Grizzlies playbook.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
SPO200
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 28 Jun 2018
Posts: 1222

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:45 am    Post subject:

LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
There are three areas Coach Vogel excels in that makes him the perfect coach for now.

(1) Humility. He won't get in the way of his stars. He optimizes his relationships because of this attribute.

(2) His defensive minded approach and what he employs to execute his observations, and moves to make.

(3) A great coaching staff to balance him and through him, balance our team.

Great coach for this team.

Indeed, Vogel is one of the most likeable guys in the NBA. And he is also a great coach, one of the few that LeBron has trully respected.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 19 Apr 2003
Posts: 21671
Location: La Jolla, San Diego

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:47 pm    Post subject:

11% say no. Grass is greener syndrome is real. If a championship banner can't do it, then there is no cure for this syndrome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Posts: 27478

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2021 12:48 pm    Post subject:

SPO200 wrote:
LakerDYnasty72 wrote:
There are three areas Coach Vogel excels in that makes him the perfect coach for now.

(1) Humility. He won't get in the way of his stars. He optimizes his relationships because of this attribute.

(2) His defensive minded approach and what he employs to execute his observations, and moves to make.

(3) A great coaching staff to balance him and through him, balance our team.

Great coach for this team.

Indeed, Vogel is one of the most likeable guys in the NBA. And he is also a great coach, one of the few that LeBron has trully respected.


Contrast that to David Blatt who by all accounts is a basketball genius. After getting canned it comes out from all corners that the dude thought he could just walk onto the job and demand respect. (bleep) doesn't work that way at this level.
_________________
KOBE
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 13865

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel said this game as much as any this year was a Laker basketball type of win.

Defense, flying out on the break, sharing the ball on offense.

“An identity win."


A good night indeed.
_________________
Klutch Angeles Lakers
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 24 May 2005
Posts: 47587

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:09 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel said this game as much as any this year was a Laker basketball type of win.

Defense, flying out on the break, sharing the ball on offense.

“An identity win."


A good night indeed.


An identity win. What a great way to put it.
_________________
14-5-3-12
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 120, 121, 122  Next
Page 121 of 122
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB