Frank Vogel Official Lakers Head Coach for 3-Years
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175  Next

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Are you happy about Vogel becoming our coach?
No
12%
 12%  [ 61 ]
Yes
54%
 54%  [ 267 ]
Neutral
33%
 33%  [ 163 ]
Total Votes : 491

Author Message
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11947

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:34 pm    Post subject:

i hope he doesn't ask Lebron to guard Jokic next game...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 5939

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
i hope he doesn't ask Lebron to guard Jokic next game...


LOL my goodness.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
AirTupac
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 04 Feb 2018
Posts: 1229

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:36 pm    Post subject:

I think Vogel is pretty dumb. Takes Dwight out in 1st half, we lose our lead. Refuses to play him in the end of the game. How did this man coach so well when we won? Hes DUMB AS ASS!!!!!!!
_________________
I love my Lakies
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11947

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:38 pm    Post subject:

Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
i hope he doesn't ask Lebron to guard Jokic next game...


LOL my goodness.

don't be surprised though, or maybe he put Stanley or Melo on him, because "the small ball is working"... the small ball doesn't work with or without Russ, it only works at the time when our shooting going unconscious from the 3 which happened to be the case because Malik was hot.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Outspoken
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 11 Feb 2015
Posts: 5939

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:44 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Outspoken wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
i hope he doesn't ask Lebron to guard Jokic next game...


LOL my goodness.

don't be surprised though, or maybe he put Stanley or Melo on him, because "the small ball is working"... the small ball doesn't work with or without Russ, it only works at the time when our shooting going unconscious from the 3 which happened to be the case because Malik was hot.


I won't be surprised with Vogel. He has terrible IQ.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
ZeroDark30_
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 27 Feb 2019
Posts: 6387

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:55 pm    Post subject:

I was done with Vogel last game. It was clear we needed Dwight against the Grizzlies. Then he makes the same mistake tonight again?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 02 May 2003
Posts: 13180

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:59 pm    Post subject:

Needs to restructure the offense to involve Westbrook more. We'll probably see something after the all-star break.
_________________
"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong." — Gandhi
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 56024

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:02 pm    Post subject:

We are conceding these games defensively in hopes the Lebron at the 5 ball helps WB and the team win more when AD is back.

No idea if it will, but our goal is very clear in that we want an open paint 5 put offense. You can thank all of this to the move of getting RW on the team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11947

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:06 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
We are conceding these games defensively in hopes the Lebron at the 5 ball helps WB and the team win more when AD is back.

No idea if it will, but our goal is very clear in that we want an open paint 5 put offense. You can thank all of this to the move of getting RW on the team.

But Vogel is still playing small lineups when Russ is not on the court,
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 18427

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 1:03 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Frank Vogel says the Lakers had a “spirited” film session on Friday, reviewing “breakdowns” in the tape from LAL’s loss to SAC when it allowed 70 points in the paint. “Called every single one of them out and said all the ways that we can be better,” Vogel shared.


Lol. This is like a repeat episode.

Get embarrassed. Have a spirited film session or practice. Play one good game, take steps backward.

Repeat cycle.

https://twitter.com/loll________/status/1482089314410401794?s=21


_________________
Any team want to trade for our pickup basketball players?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 2142

PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:21 pm    Post subject:

Frank wasn’t the problem, he had a good defensive philosophy and enough offensive players to pull it off. Todays roster makes things confusing. Frank doesn’t have the guys he wants to execute our defensive philosophy, and he doesn’t have the offensive mind to make our guard heavy lineup outscore opponents. I’ll reiterate, I don’t blame Vogel, but now I feel we have a coach who is can’t optimize the team in front of him. Can other coach? I’m not sure, but going over screens on defense because that’s what he believes in has been hurting the lakers recently.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Kobetan
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 05 Sep 2020
Posts: 2063

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:38 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel says the Lakers had a “spirited” film session on Friday, reviewing “breakdowns” in the tape from LAL’s loss to SAC when it allowed 70 points in the paint. “Called every single one of them out and said all the ways that we can be better,” Vogel shared.


Lol. This is like a repeat episode.

Get embarrassed. Have a spirited film session or practice. Play one good game, take steps backward.

Repeat cycle.

https://twitter.com/loll________/status/1482089314410401794?s=21



I wonder if Vogel called Pelinka out as well? At least some of the guys on the team still care, besides Reaves, Monk and Bron
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 56024

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:31 am    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
We are conceding these games defensively in hopes the Lebron at the 5 ball helps WB and the team win more when AD is back.

No idea if it will, but our goal is very clear in that we want an open paint 5 put offense. You can thank all of this to the move of getting RW on the team.

But Vogel is still playing small lineups when Russ is not on the court,

They have to go all out to win at a high level. That is the thing, you don't accomplish anything just being ok at something. You have to be great at it. They've tried a lot of regular lineups. Some small ball. Some AD at the 5. Some Bron at the 5. The only thing that worked on offense was Bron at the 5.

Defenisively Howard at the 5 is the best, and probably the in between of the two is AD at the 5. But until AD shows some consistency in health, we can't know.

It's not Vogel's fault IMO. He had his blue print. Lebron and the FO decided they needed more fire power. So now they score more points, but it comes at the cost of defense. Vogel has to figure out what the right lineup is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 29 May 2002
Posts: 56024

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:36 am    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel says the Lakers had a “spirited” film session on Friday, reviewing “breakdowns” in the tape from LAL’s loss to SAC when it allowed 70 points in the paint. “Called every single one of them out and said all the ways that we can be better,” Vogel shared.


Lol. This is like a repeat episode.

Get embarrassed. Have a spirited film session or practice. Play one good game, take steps backward.

Repeat cycle.

https://twitter.com/loll________/status/1482089314410401794?s=21


Yeah but that is who we are. We're a .500 team at best with WB/Bron, or AD/WB.

We may even not be too much better with WB/Bron/AD. Although the data sample is very small, the results of the big 3 weren't too much better.

Nothing Frank can do here but remain positive, keep trying different combos and also give players confidence. .

That said, I really like some of the players on this team. I think we are so close to being in contetion for a title if we get health from AD/Bron AND we make some moves. But without those moves, I can't feel confident of change. And every single move in my head has WB leaving the team ..... but this is not happening in reality this season. It is what it is, try to enjoy some of the role players getting better (monk, reaves, maybe THT).

We desperately need to move on from the WB experiment to really evaluate the team and know the coaching staff. It just won't happen barring a miracle. I don't wanna say this, but I am. Trading WB for this team will be like trading Kwame. There was just this immense weakness and stink around the team when Kwame was our main Center (after the Bynum injury). The weaknesses. You make that move, suddenly your entire perspective changes. WB has completely handicapped the Lakers salary situation and how they can play on te basketball floor.

There is no way the FO is not seeing this. No matter what they say on the surface. WB's salary ands style of play has married us to .500 level ball.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 10 Nov 2016
Posts: 18427

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:13 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
LakerSD wrote:
Quote:
Frank Vogel says the Lakers had a “spirited” film session on Friday, reviewing “breakdowns” in the tape from LAL’s loss to SAC when it allowed 70 points in the paint. “Called every single one of them out and said all the ways that we can be better,” Vogel shared.


Lol. This is like a repeat episode.

Get embarrassed. Have a spirited film session or practice. Play one good game, take steps backward.

Repeat cycle.

https://twitter.com/loll________/status/1482089314410401794?s=21


Yeah but that is who we are. We're a .500 team at best with WB/Bron, or AD/WB.

We may even not be too much better with WB/Bron/AD. Although the data sample is very small, the results of the big 3 weren't too much better.

Nothing Frank can do here but remain positive, keep trying different combos and also give players confidence. .

That said, I really like some of the players on this team. I think we are so close to being in contetion for a title if we get health from AD/Bron AND we make some moves. But without those moves, I can't feel confident of change. And every single move in my head has WB leaving the team ..... but this is not happening in reality this season. It is what it is, try to enjoy some of the role players getting better (monk, reaves, maybe THT).

We desperately need to move on from the WB experiment to really evaluate the team and know the coaching staff. It just won't happen barring a miracle. I don't wanna say this, but I am. Trading WB for this team will be like trading Kwame. There was just this immense weakness and stink around the team when Kwame was our main Center (after the Bynum injury). The weaknesses. You make that move, suddenly your entire perspective changes. WB has completely handicapped the Lakers salary situation and how they can play on te basketball floor.

There is no way the FO is not seeing this. No matter what they say on the surface. WB's salary ands style of play has married us to .500 level ball.


Yeah I don’t disagree with anything you said. The key being that the young players get most of the minutes with a sprinkle of the old guys.

What is concerning to me is how supposedly the Lakers are perceived to have a “big 3” and they lose to lottery teams like Sacramento, OKC, etc. with 2 of the big 3 playing…just unacceptable imo and a red flag.
_________________
Any team want to trade for our pickup basketball players?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 2216

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:02 pm    Post subject:

Hey Frank…….

Newsflash: this small ball is going to cost you your job. Better start yelling for help…..and no, AD isn’t going to help when he comes back early and then hurts himself again just before playoffs.

Spoiler: We saw this movie last year - it started with a play in game and ended with PHX bouncing ya easily. Guess who you likely are playing again this year?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21750

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:26 pm    Post subject:

This defensive effort..

https://twitter.com/bballbreakdown/status/1482555184765030401

Nice coming out on the shooter by Deandre....
Nice boxing out by Russ....

@RyanWardLA
Frank Vogel says "It's very frustrating" to work on defense in a "spirited" practice as he called it yesterday and get beat badly by the Nuggets.
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11947

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:29 pm    Post subject:

asking bad defenders to play your complicated switching system will end up making your defense worse. i hope he sees that by now. no matter who is playing at the 5, that guy is always out there trying to guard a small guy after 1-2 easy switches. Lebron doesn't even play defense now because he knows it is not there. switch to a simpler defense and focus on offense.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Posts: 11947

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
Hey Frank…….

Newsflash: this small ball is going to cost you your job. Better start yelling for help…..and no, AD isn’t going to help when he comes back early and then hurts himself again just before playoffs.

Spoiler: We saw this movie last year - it started with a play in game and ended with PHX bouncing ya easily. Guess who you likely are playing again this year?

i couldn't blame vogel on the playoffs last year because AD was hurt and Lebron was like 60%
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Posts: 2216

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:02 pm    Post subject:

mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
Hey Frank…….

Newsflash: this small ball is going to cost you your job. Better start yelling for help…..and no, AD isn’t going to help when he comes back early and then hurts himself again just before playoffs.

Spoiler: We saw this movie last year - it started with a play in game and ended with PHX bouncing ya easily. Guess who you likely are playing again this year?

i couldn't blame vogel on the playoffs last year because AD was hurt and Lebron was like 60%


Agreed but this year is like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic…. AD historically is hurt a lot and LBJ is in fact now 37 years old, neither are getting better as the years go by….. If Frank is not part of problem he certainly is not part of the solution…..
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 9112

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:18 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Jocker wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
Hey Frank…….

Newsflash: this small ball is going to cost you your job. Better start yelling for help…..and no, AD isn’t going to help when he comes back early and then hurts himself again just before playoffs.

Spoiler: We saw this movie last year - it started with a play in game and ended with PHX bouncing ya easily. Guess who you likely are playing again this year?

i couldn't blame vogel on the playoffs last year because AD was hurt and Lebron was like 60%


Agreed but this year is like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic…. AD historically is hurt a lot and LBJ is in fact now 37 years old, neither are getting better as the years go by….. If Frank is not part of problem he certainly is not part of the solution…..


AD is hurt and playing terribly this year
LeBron is ideally a 2nd option at this point
Russ is literally the bane in the existence of wining basketball
Shooters can't defend
Defenders can't shoot
The bench is generally old, slow, and lazy
THT is nowhere near ready to contribute meaningfully

Vogel is not a top coach but he's shown if you give him a roster with balance, depth, defense, and shooting, he can win.

Nonetheless, he's gone this offseason.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 15 Mar 2015
Posts: 2142

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:23 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
mad55557777 wrote:
Laker_Jocker wrote:
Hey Frank…….

Newsflash: this small ball is going to cost you your job. Better start yelling for help…..and no, AD isn’t going to help when he comes back early and then hurts himself again just before playoffs.

Spoiler: We saw this movie last year - it started with a play in game and ended with PHX bouncing ya easily. Guess who you likely are playing again this year?

i couldn't blame vogel on the playoffs last year because AD was hurt and Lebron was like 60%


Agreed but this year is like rearranging the deck chairs on the titanic…. AD historically is hurt a lot and LBJ is in fact now 37 years old, neither are getting better as the years go by….. If Frank is not part of problem he certainly is not part of the solution…..


AD is hurt and playing terribly this year
LeBron is ideally a 2nd option at this point
Russ is literally the bane in the existence of wining basketball
Shooters can't defend
Defenders can't shoot
The bench is generally old, slow, and lazy
THT is nowhere near ready to contribute meaningfully

Vogel is not a top coach but he's shown if you give him a roster with balance, depth, defense, and shooting, he can win.

Nonetheless, he's gone this offseason.


This is so accurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 21750

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:29 pm    Post subject:

2019 wrote:

AD is hurt and playing terribly this year


Under what evidence?
_________________
How NBA 2K18 failed the All-Time Lakers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxMBYm3wwxk
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
2019
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 03 Dec 2014
Posts: 9112

PostPosted: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:35 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
2019 wrote:

AD is hurt and playing terribly this year


Under what evidence?


Under the evidence compared to how he performed his first season here and most importantly in the bubble. This was the year to take the spot from LeBron and be the #1. He failed to do that.

Now go pull whatever stats you want and write some lengthy post being a contrarian because I know that's your style.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Dennis100mtrash
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 01 Jun 2021
Posts: 236

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2022 6:56 am    Post subject:

2019 wrote:
MJST wrote:
2019 wrote:

AD is hurt and playing terribly this year


Under what evidence?


Under the evidence compared to how he performed his first season here and most importantly in the bubble. This was the year to take the spot from LeBron and be the #1. He failed to do that.

Now go pull whatever stats you want and write some lengthy post being a contrarian because I know that's your style.


We all assumed this is the year he takes the spot from bron but do we know for sure if he wants that #1 spot?

To me it looks like he is happy chilling and riding lebron’s cotails to whatever the season brings

After championship and contract extension, 1st year AD is gone
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 171, 172, 173, 174, 175  Next
Page 172 of 175
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB